Newbie 1755: Dessert Mafia - Game over!

Darkshadow64540
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #875  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:10 am

Your kills were very stright foward;
Night 1: you had no choice but to kill sick due to being jailor (keeping sick alive and just RB'ing him would have been an interesting option, would have cast doubt on sick's claim ("why wouldn't maf kill jailor?") and potentally gotten town to lynch him)
Night 2: it had to be lemon or not chara, they were both too good and you had just lost your partner
Night 3: it would have been whoever you didn't kill night 2

You handled your partner as well as could be, it was GM who made herself a target by repeatedly claiming a read with proof but delivering awful reasoning.
How can I quote that which is not said?

JaeReed
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: They

Post Post #876  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:13 am

In post 875, Darkshadow64540 wrote:(keeping sick alive and just RB'ing him would have been an interesting option, would have cast doubt on sick's claim ("why wouldn't maf kill jailor?") and potentally gotten town to lynch him)

Not possible with the 1-shot bulletproof already flipped and lack of a counterclaim by a tracker. Sick was confirmed town from that. Town wouldn't have lynched him.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia

DIG
Townie

Post Post #877  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Overall, in terms of partners, I think goodmorning was actually really good in this game considering how busy she was. She didn't tie us together at all, and she did a good job getting people to trust me when it looked like I was going to be able to ride the first two days to a win.

I was just wondering if it would have been better for me to switch earlier

Darkshadow64540
Goon

Post Post #878  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:54 pm

It would have lowered my suspension of you a bit but it would still be possible to see it if you look hard enough, had you voted GM in some early stage when there was no chance of a lynch it would be much harder to make a read linking you two.
How can I quote that which is not said?

Not Chara
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: It

Post Post #879  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:49 am

i think it would have improved your position just a bit to actually make good on your will to bus goodmorning at some point. that sort of half-hearted bussing (with the strong accusations but never committing to voting or pushing her) are seen more often in new-scum (in my experience). that said, you did a good job.

though i wasn't convinced by your rebuttal to me, you looked good enough to the rest that it convinced me and carried you to the end. and if you'd left me alive, i would have voted you. good choice, by the way. my last-minute 'DIG is definitely town' backfired spectacularly. if i'd been paying more attention to the game, i might have stayed on you instead of settling on Allomancer. and i should have committed to my Dark townread.

i have more to say, but i'm a bit busy so i'll just add: Lemons, you played very well. getting killed over me is a testament to the fact that you were considered the bigger threat. you're very eloquent. :>

now, about Lylo. be careful with your votes! even if you feel sure from the previous day, a lot of information can be gained by how players handle the last day. never vote early, as soon as you vote town, the game is over.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, Chara. pronouns are it/its. use they/them if uncomfortable. avatar by bente.

Mina
The Shipwright

Pronoun: She

Post Post #880  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Goodbye.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games