Newbie 1091 - Turmoil in Mobsville: Day 4

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1091 - Turmoil in Mobsville: Day 4

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Dekes »

Mod: Dekes
Back-up mod: Equinox

The mafia has decided to take over your town! Time to take justice in your own hands and rid the city of these villains...

Player List:

3. glowball
5. Ranmaru
July

9. Rhinox (IC)

Dead:
Spoiler:
8. Ion67 (SE),
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D1
1. zMuffinMan
fungotheclown
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1
4. [Low Key],
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 2
6. Descent
Panu
Mafarfloune
Town Doctor
, killed Night 2
2. wierdalexv,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D3
7. Prosaurus (SE),
Vanilla Townie
, killed N3

Deadline:
June, the 8th, at 9:30 p.m. EDT
Last edited by Dekes on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Dekes »

Rules:

1. This is just a game. Have fun and stay civil.
2. Do not talk about this game outside of this thread unless your PM specifically tells you otherwise.
3. Do not quote any PM's from the mod.
4. Do not use invisible or small text or other methods that are aimed to deceive the mod and fellow players.
5. Do not use
this color
as it is the mod's color.
6. Any violations of these rules can and will lead to a warning and/or modkill.

7. Votes must be formatted in the following fashion:
Vote: Player
. Unvotes are recommended but not mandatory. If you wish to end the day without a lynch you can
Vote: No Lynch
8. It will take the majority to lynch, half of the remaining player list to no lynch. If no majority is reached at deadline, the day will end in a no lynch.
9. After a majority has been reached you may keep talking until the mod posts the lynch scene.
10. Do not post after you're dead. A dead topic will be provided where you can share your thoughts and follow the game while it is still running.
11. The day phase deadline is set at three weeks, the night phase deadline at 72 hours.
12. If a person with a night action does not submit his or her action before the night deadline, the action will be forfeit.

13. If a player hasn't posted in 72 hours they will be prodded. If they don't respond to the prod within 48 hours I will be looking for a replacement. Three prods in one game day will lead to an automatic replacement.
14. Players can announce V/LA's (Vacation/Limited Access) that must be either bolded in this thread or sent to the mod via PM. If you miss more than 50% of a game day due to V/LA's you will be force replaced.

15. Since the mod is only human, feel free to request vote counts and prods if you see the need to. Any other questions regarding the setup should be send via PM.
16. This ruleset may or not be complete so I reserve the right to change it if I see it fit.

=====================================================================================

This game has an semi-open setup, so you know you will be dealing with one of the following setups:

Vanilla Townies
, 1
Town Cop
, 1
Town Doctor
, 1
Mafia Goon
, 1
Mafia Roleblocker

Vanilla Townies
, 1
Town Cop
, 2
Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies
, 1
Town Doctor
, 2
Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies
, 1
Mafia Goon
, 1
Mafia Roleblocker

Welcome to Newbie xxxx, Player yyy.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game thread is here

Please confirm your role via pm. Good luck!

You are a
Town Cop
. Each night you may pm me the name of a player to find out if they're aligned with the mafia or not. You will receive one of the following results: "town aligned", "mafia aligned" and "no result".

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game thread is here

You are a
Town Doctor
. Each night you may pm me the name of a player you wish to protect. Unless you are blocked that person cannot be killed during the night. You cannot protect yourself. You will not be notified whether your action worked/was blocked or not.

You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partner is player zzz,
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker
. During the confirmation stage and nights you may converse in this quicktopic:

Each night one of you may pm me the name of a player you decide to kill that night. If nothing prevents it that person dies.

You win when the mafia make up the majority of the players or nothing can prevent this from happening. The game thread is here

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your partner is player zzz,
Mafia Goon
. During the confiormation stage and nights you may converse in this quicktopic:

Each night one of you may pm me the name of a player you decide to kill that night. If nothing prevents it that person dies.
Additionally, you may pm me the name of a player you want to block. This person will not be able to perfom any action in that night. If your partner dies, you can perform both actions in the same night.

You win when the mafia make up the majority of the players or nothing can prevent this from happening. The game thread is here

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Dekes »

Role pms are going out. Stand by...

Role pms are out. The game is now open for pre-game discussion. The game will officially start once I have received eight confirmations via pm. The Mafia QT will stay open until then. Votes do not count before the game starts. Good luck everyone!
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Thanks Dekes! I wish everybody a great game!
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hello everyone!

I'm you're IC. I'm not here to tell you what to do or how to play, but I will answer questions and help you understand the common terms, acronyms, and theory used around the site, whenever something relevant gets brought up in this game. The SE's and mod will be able to help as well. I don't plan to spend large amounts of posts lecturing as I believe the best way to teach is through example, but I will take the time to explain certain things at certain times if necessary. I'm here to play to win, and I'm not going to pull any punches just because you may be new. Remember its never personal, its all part of the game.

I look forward to getting to know you all and I hope we have a great game! If anyone has any questions to ask me before we get started, now is a great time to do that.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 am

Post by glowball »

I'm ready, I'm ready :D
July
July
Goon
July
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:45 am

Post by July »

Yes, I'm ready too, should be a lot of fun : D
I am wind and hurricane, stormy skies and rain, when you run dry IÔÇÖll flood your pain
fungotheclown
fungotheclown
Townie
fungotheclown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 am

Post by fungotheclown »

I'm excited and ready to play.
Ion67
Ion67
Goon
Ion67
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Ion67 »

Howdy! Ready for a good time
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Hello All, I'm one of your SEs. Rhinox, nice to see you in another game.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Dekes »

Recent news of increased beatings, protection rackets and even murders has your once peaceful town of Mobsville in shock. Rumors say it's the Cosa Nostra trying to take over your town. While most of you hide in fear, a select few under the leadership of Michael Oliver Dekes have decided to resist and fight for the safety of Mobsville. You've started to efficiently sabotage some of the mafia activities until this morning when M. O. Dekes was found dead in your secret hideout. Apparently the mafia has infiltrated your little group seeking to destroy the last glimmer of hope. Unless you can find the traitors and kill them, Mobsville is lost for good.

Michael Oliver Dekes, aka M.O.D., Flavor Aid, was killed pre-game.

It is now Day 1.
[/color]
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Dekes »

Votecount 1.0

Not voting: fungotheclown, wierdalexv, glowball, [Low Key], July, Mafarfloune, Prosaurus, Ion67, Rhinox

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

Deadline is
May, the 4th, at 07:00 a.m. EST
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

I hereby declare:
vote: fungotheclown

because clowns are scummy as hell!

Random Voting time GO!
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Vote Rhinox

For shameless BW-ing. Bad Rhino, BAD!
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 am

Post by glowball »

Am I the only one noticing this whole deadline mistake? It says April 4th, but that was last Monday. I am guessing he meant the 14th....

Random voting?

Vote: weirdalexv

Can't have a weirdo hanging around, can we? lol JK... I'm just sad he hasn't dropped in to say "hello"
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:13 am

Post by [Low Key] »

MOD: Its May 4th.

You are certainly right. The error has been fixed. Thanks!
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:20 am

Post by glowball »

Really we get 4 weeks for the first deadline? Or is that for the whole game?
Mafarfloune
Mafarfloune
Townie
Mafarfloune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Mafarfloune »

Three weeks.

Vote: July

That scum makes me crave summer.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

Right each day should have fixed three week deadlines. May 4th would be the deadline.

@Mafarfloune (and anyone else this applies to): Please consider setting a picture avatar in your user control menu. It helps to keep everything everyone has said straight if there is a picture to associate with a player rather than a username (remember, a pictuer is a thousand words, a username is just 1!)

@[Low Key]: how many votes does it take before you can say someone has a wagon on them? (Also, why the annoying braces in your username :P)

Everyone else: How much experience do you have with the game of mafia in general and what brought you to this site?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 am

Post by glowball »

This is my first game ever. The only experience I have is from observing and a few tips and pointers from my love <3 chkflip-- Idk if you know him, but he is what brought me to this site.

Also,
unvote

vote: July

I just saw them online and no post what so ever, lurking makes me a little scared especially this soon in the game.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:18 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Rhinox wrote:@[Low Key]: how many votes does it take before you can say someone has a wagon on them? (Also, why the annoying braces in your username :P)
Well Rhinox I did an ISO of you and you have spent all of day 1 obsessed with Fungo (tunnelling if you will) and so I think that definitely deserves my vote :P

I use the braces to remind me to give away my seeds nicely (but sometimes I need to use a slingshot). :lol:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

glowball wrote:This is my first game ever. The only experience I have is from observing and a few tips and pointers from my love <3 chkflip-- Idk if you know him, but he is what brought me to this site.
I do know chkflip! he recently did me a huge favor and replaced into the game I'm modding. Thus you're now also super cool in my book by association :) Welcome!
[Low Key] wrote:
Rhinox wrote:@[Low Key]: how many votes does it take before you can say someone has a wagon on them? (Also, why the annoying braces in your username :P)
Well Rhinox I did an ISO of you and you have spent all of day 1 obsessed with Fungo (tunnelling if you will) and so I think that definitely deserves my vote :P

I use the braces to remind me to give away my seeds nicely (but sometimes I need to use a slingshot). :lol:
LOL! We're going to get along great I can tell already.

More serious now:
glowball wrote:Also, unvote

I just saw them online and no post what so ever, lurking makes me a little scared especially this soon in the game.
hmmm... So you're saying July logged on, read the thread, then left without saying anything? Suppose that happened, what motivation would she have to do that as scum?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:12 am

Post by glowball »

Rhinox wrote:
glowball wrote:This is my first game ever. The only experience I have is from observing and a few tips and pointers from my love <3 chkflip-- Idk if you know him, but he is what brought me to this site.
I do know chkflip! he recently did me a huge favor and replaced into the game I'm modding. Thus you're now also super cool in my book by association :) Welcome!

More serious now:
glowball wrote:Also, unvote

hmmm... So you're saying July logged on, read the thread, then left without saying anything? Suppose that happened, what motivation would she have to do that as scum?
I am saying that I saw her name on the active users list and she was browsing in the forum. As scum (especially new scum) she may want to lurk not to bring attention to herself. Low on the radar can mean you have something to hide- why would you abstain from "random" voting if you had nothing to hide. I think she might be a little afraid to call someone out for fear of a retaliation vote.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:14 am

Post by glowball »

Rhinox wrote:

Oh and thank you-- he is quite wonderful that way. Sadly, he hasn't been feeling well and then the jerk infected ME! lol
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am

Post by [Low Key] »

@July: Please post within the forum. Deliberate lurking is anti-town at the very least and worthy of additional voting pressure if continued. :/

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”