Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by skerterg »

I'm glad you voted, KageLord; however, that vote accomplishes nothing.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be lynched. I was going to say to Excedrin's post
skerterg, are you so confident that Damien777 is town that you're willing to be lynched instead of him? Before Monday at 8 AM, I will vote for Damien777 in order to prevent Exilon's lynch by a single vote.
that I'd be fine with my lynch, since KageLord and Excedrin suspect me. I also believe that Damien will be killed tonight. So, that would be bad for lylo if, say, KageLord or Excedrin was lynched, leaving the other, Exilon, and me alive. It then wouldn't be too hard to get me lynched.

But since it looks like I'll be lynched, you/I don't have to make the decision.

Look over my posts.

Exilon's vote to me proves to me that he is scum. He wants to get rid of me who is pushing for his lynch. Day 3 is an example of this. Let's see how he started:
Now - why would skerterg kill Horror? We can assume that the first night he wanted to avoid suspicion and the second night was intentional framing. Kagelord is skert's top suspicion, that death would only add to the motives to lynch Kagelord. Problem with this is, there's already enough pressure on Kagelord, enough to get him lynched, (as much as I can see), and there's also Horror which is a good target. So it is inconsistent that Skerterg wouldn't kill me or Excedrin or even Red Star instead during the night.
This is part of his post 50. In it, he states that his top suspects are Excedrin and KageLord, with Excedrin slightly ahead. And now, it's a pretty convenient time to change it to me, considering that there are a lot of others who are willing to vote for me.

I would analyze Exilon's case of me, but it would be pointless. It seems like no one is listening anyways, or if they are they aren't commenting on it.

Then he will likely kill Damien, who he said he doesn't suspect. This leaves KageLord and Excedrin alive. Therefore, since he is now open to suggestions, he can just follow one person. Or he might initiate accusations with either one. By killing Damien, he will leave his options open.

Another option is that he leaves Damien alive and goes for the other person. Then it will be up to Damien to decide who the mafia is. If this is the case, then I say that Damien should go for Exilon.

My last words:

I think Damien and Excedrin are town (Damien doctor). If you have any confidence in me, at least consider that. To note: Excedrin might have some scum motives. For example, getting me lynched or getting Damien lynched. But there are a lot of town tells in his favor, I think.

KageLord is likely townie. But less so than Excedrin or Damien.

Exilon is probably the remaining mafia.

For future games, I don't want people going V/LA right before the deadline and having not voted.

Good luck town!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by skerterg »

Ugh, sorry: I just said I wouldn't respond to Exilon's post, but one point blatantly stands out to me:
On 442, we have Skerterg's "closing views" post. He makes a top-THREE suspect list (in a one-scum game)(which intererstingly are on horror, pops, and kagelord) and mentions that Pops isn't that suspicious at all. Still, he supports a lynch on Pops because he hasn't been very useful. The discussion continues and it seems people are more leaning to lynch Horror, which is more suspicious BUT!...
Skerterg wrote: Wait, hasn't the deadline already passed?
I also think this is quite bit of evidence against Skerterg.
A few points:
1. Kitty wouldn't have allowed votes to change, I'm sure. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. I was really confused since the mod had not mentioned anything, and no one else seemed to realize it too. Shame on all of you ><
3. It was perhaps the final remainder for people to post last thoughts if they needed to; you can see my post right before the deadline.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry, I'm a bit braindead. If you saw anything game disrupting, please PM me to preserve integrity. Thanks.

...And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, good.
Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:56 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XXVII

[2] skerterg - (Excedrin, Exilon)

[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] Damien777 - (KageLord)
[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] KageLord - ()

[1]
Not Voting
- (Damien777)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Excedrin »

Deadline moved?

I thought I was going to see a skerterg flip.

Oh well, maybe KageLord can hammer now.
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Damien777 »

Vote:Skerterg

I've made my decision.
All the proof is piled against
you
, Skerteg, so die.
On a cold winter morning in a time before the light,
In flames of death's eternal reign we ride towards the fight!
-Dragonforce, Through the Fire and Flames.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[3] skerterg - (Excedrin, Exilon, Damien777)

[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] Damien777 - (KageLord)
[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] KageLord - ()

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

As the third day of discussion comes to a close, the townsfolk think they've finally got it right.

...But did they?

Could it really be...over?

All mysteries solved?

Everyone and everything finally at peace?

No more deception; no more lies?

"I don't think life is quite that simple" ~ Utada Hikaru

Skerterg, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 3

It's now Night 3. Any night actions are due on Friday, June 19th at 6:00PM (Los Angeles Time.)

omg that's my half birthday >___>

I won't be locking the thread because I don't want to lose modding control of the topic. If you post during this night, you risk perishing by modkill.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sunset. A laugh echoed in the semi-darkness as one more lifeless body fell into the ground, limply. Everyone had run off to their houses in sheer fear, without even noticing that one of them had actually stayed behind to enjoy the scene.

He grabbed a cigarrete from his pack, and stood in the exact same place as the previous day, observing the untouched ashes there. He admired the view as the day turned into a lonely night.

"Yes, Sir. We're almost done. Actually, I am almost done. One more day, Sir. One more day and this will all be over."

He looked up, and a glimmer of fear crossed his features.

"No, Sir. No excuses. No backing down."

Deep down, he was terrified that the next day would be a true matter of life or death. He had gone this far. He had to finish it. He turned off the phone.

"It's now or never", he said, and moved into the night.

The windows of the house were dimly lit, a distant shadow visible in the reflection. His target was up on the second floor. His plan, brilliantly devised, had him climb the tree, silently enter through the window and cut his victim's throat. With one nervous smile, he put one hand on the tree and started climbing it. One foot after the other, he silently hopped on the branches, leaning closer to the window.

He was mere inches away when he suddenly hear something he didn't want to.
*CRACK* *CRACK*

"This can't be good."

And suddenly the branch cracked, and he was falling on the floor. Cursing, he decided it would be best to leave. Looking at the window for one last time, he couldn't help feel that he had seen two shadows instead of one.

"...Damn."

No one died.

It is now Day 4.

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Excedrin »

lolwut

so ... I'm kinda drunk at the moment, this might not be coherent but whatever. 1st, after seeing skerterg flip townie I started thinking about who's scum if X dies and so on. Now that nobody died that's not particularly useful. One thing that I was considering was that, if doctor doesn't die, then what? I can't understand why the claimed doc is still alive.

So, skerterg lynched after putting forward a case against Exilon, that I didn't really believe, and even so, it seems unlikely that Exilon is scum. I think that I was wrong earlier and Exilon is likely town. That said, it's probably dumb of me to mention that I think he's town before doc clears someone.

Really the only surprise would be if Damien777 claimed he protected KageLord. I kinda expect he'll try to frame either me or KageLord by clearing either me or Exilon. Either way, my scum to town spectrum looks like: Damien777 KageLord Exilon
and there's not a huge difference between KageLord and Exilon. Anyway, since it's mislynch and lose, I'd rather NL than assume doc + protected player are both town, since I don't think that at all.

The Red Star / Damien777 slot has been ridiculously scummy all game. I suspect that he couldn't figure out who to kill and decided to clear someone in the hopes of gaining town cred. (If he killed me, KageLord would want to lynch him, if he killed KageLord, Exilon might finally come around, if he killed Exilon then he'd be left with two players who want to lynch him etc)

Vote: No Lynch

Mod: does this vote imply that No Lynch is leading the pack and will be "lynched" in the event of a tie at deadline?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Excedrin wrote:
Mod: does this vote imply that No Lynch is leading the pack and will be "lynched" in the event of a tie at deadline?
yes unless you unvote or someone gets to 2 votes before then

"plz don't swear" -- N
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by KageLord »

Mod: Would it be a legal move for scum to choose not to NK?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Exilon »

^same as above.

If Damien is scum, he could easily no-NK to fake a protection.
Specially since everyone else posted, I'm refraining from commenting any further until Damien posts.
Feels like I've been here before.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by KittyMo »

KageLord wrote:
Mod: Would it be a legal move for scum to choose not to NK?
yes

"plz don't swear" -- N
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by KageLord »

In that case... well, Damien, who did you protect?
Show

Record:

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Excedrin »

Mod, did night time out?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

Post by KittyMo »

Excedrin wrote:Mod, did night time out?
I'm not answering.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Exilon »

Ok, so Damien really needs to post.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:42 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XXXVIII

[1] No Lynch - (Excedrin)

[0] Damien777 - ()
[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] KageLord - ()
[3]
Not Voting
- (Damien777, Exilon, KageLord)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods/Replacements

Damien777 is proddable by request.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Exilon »

prod damien
--'
Thanks =)

Damien has been prodded. ~Kitty
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Excedrin »

I'm not sure what info we can get from him. There's like 3 (4?) possible scenarios that happened during night to explain where we are now. Because there's multiple explanations, there's nothing certain to be learned.

Granted we do need one post from him, but then unless there's something you want to talk about we might as well no lynch. I suppose the alternative of lynching him today might be OK, but then I start to get WIFOM'd, so it's not a clear option.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:21 am

Post by KageLord »

I get what you're saying, Excedrin. I was thinking the same actually. I'm still deciding whether I should vote for him (again) or vote no lynch. It all really depends on Damien's post.
Show

Record:

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:06 am

Post by KittyMo »

Damien777 has not responded to his prod. The replacement search has begun.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:44 am

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez replaces Damien777.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It's pretty important that I say this now. I am the doctor. The protection was used on Exilon N1, and Skerterg N2. The action was forfeited on N3, so no one dying is the result of a mafia no kill.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Alright. I think we should nolynch. Have you read the thread? Any thoughts on who's scum?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”