Newbie 1056 - Chocolate Cake Mafia (OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Newbie 1056 - Chocolate Cake Mafia (OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Haylen »

Newbie 1056: Chocolate Cake Mafia
Moderator: Haylen
Backup Moderator: No one. If I happen to die or something, please contact the listmod and my parents.

The 9 of you were invited to a nice party thrown by myself in honor of the great chocolate cake! Whilst you all sit on the sofa, wondering why I have disappeared for so long, a television drops down slowly from the ceiling and switches itself on. On the screen, you see me tied up and gagged in a dim lighted room; then some words flash up. 'In order for you to get out of here alive and save the host, you must kill each other. The two of us are part of the group of 9. You kill somebody during the day, we will act at night. Kill us both to win.'

Spoiler: Alive and kicking!
Antb
(Rep. Kadersalad N1)(Rep. Endofcaelum D1)

Spoiler: Suffering from a bad case of dead
Jerbs - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day One

Singersigner - Cop - Killed Night One

Mr_Zepher - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day Two
Earlyworm - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night Two
korlash - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day Three
Sevei
(Rep. SnakePlissken D1 Rep. princejack D1)
- Vanilla Townie - Killed Night Three

Timhill - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day Four
DK_Peace - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed.
Last edited by Haylen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 am, edited 15 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Haylen »

Haylen's Rules (Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...

The game is a Day Start.
You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Battle Mage
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :cry:
Mafia may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
I don't like cheaters.
(a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b.
All mod communication should be opened as they are likely to contain important information about the game. This is to prevent mistakes with prods ect.
c.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight

Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
4. Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase

The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules

I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Blue is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy godess...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare her. Leave it to end game discussion...
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

IC'sIC's are Inexperienced Challenged players, they are here to help you learn to play the game correctly. If you have any game or theory related questions, they will be happy to help you. If, however, you need help understanding your role or something role specific, you should PM me.

They must follow the roles set out in the Being a Good IC wiki page.

You may also find useful information on theory ect on the MafiaScum Wiki.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun! :D

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Haylen »

The game will use
one
of these 4 setups, I can't tell you which it is though :p but I did randomize it using random.org. Please note, it is rare that you will come across one of these setups in a non Road to Rome game, so please prepare yourself for changes in rules, roles and setups when you sign up to other games.

Possible Setups

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doc
5 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cop
6 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

OR

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
7 Townies

Possible Role PMs

Mafia Aligned

Mafia GoonYou are a
Mafia Goon
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team.

You win when the mafia are the majority of players in the game or nothing can prevent the same.

To confirm, please state your role back to me via PM.

Game thread is [here]

Mafia Role BlockerYou are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team. You also have the ability to roleblock one player per night - this means if they have any night actions, they will not be inaffective.

Note: If the goon dies, the Role Blocker can send in both the role block and the mafia kill. But the goon cannot send in a role block if the role blocker dies.

Game thread is [here]

Town Aligned

CopYou are a
Cop
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of one player you wish to investigate via Private Message. You will get one of the following results:

Innocent - This means they are town.
Guilty - This means they are mafia.
Inspection Unsuccessful - Meaning you have been roleblocked.

You win with the town, when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Note: The only type of cop used in these setups are Sane Night Cops, they're the most common types of cop

Game thread is [here]

DocYou are a
Doc
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of a player you wish to protect at night. This means that that player will be protected from mafia night kills, unless you have been roleblocked. You cannot self-protect.

Note: Only Sane Doc's are used in these setups.

Game thread is [here]

Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie
, the only thing you have in the game is your vote and mind.

Game thread is [here]

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Haylen »

All role PM's have now been sent out. Game setup with a Hayl-record of 14 minutes! Confirm by stating your role via PM. If you don't like your role, tough, you can't trade it :P

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Haylen »

It is now Day One. Deadline is Monday 14th February at 9pm GMT time. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 am

Post by princejack »

right hello every one

second /comfrim

should it be neeeded :neutral:
princejack of hearts <3 <3 <3 <3
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Jerbs »

sup everyone

Vote: princejack

posted first, so obviscum
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 am

Post by princejack »

VOTE: Jerbs for not being able to tell a new townie from mafia.... :p
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Jerbs »

OMGUS much?
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:30 am

Post by princejack »

just playing the odds in the r.s.v. stage :neutral: you think me a newbbie but i know about you jerbs :roll: i did my research before the game started. i learned about alot including metas and how players use them.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Jerbs »

princejack wrote:just playing the odds in the r.s.v. stage :neutral: you think me a newbbie but i know about you jerbs :roll: i did my research before the game started. i learned about alot including metas and how players use them.
oh? Then why wasn't there a vote in your first post? And I am not a firm believer in metas. Sure you can look at peoples old posts, but people change
V/LA on most weekends
princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 am

Post by princejack »

true i told a newbbie that a few hours before the game started. the ironic thing is that the persons play style may change. but person themself has some of the personality that they play with from there old style. so even if they change there meta part of there old style is still no matter how long they have been playing.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Jerbs »

you haven't answered my question

and it seems your not a newbie. What is your experience with mafia?
V/LA on most weekends
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Korlash »

Yay finally! I was just about to call Haylen's parents out of fear... >.> Guess I can take their number off speed dial for now...

Ok so Hi everybody! I feel obligated to say something about myself so here it goes, I like pie... And I know what you're thinking, 'That's totally relevant to this game!' but I assure you it isn't! If any of you see a promising bud of friendship or possible compatibility between us you can feel free to share with me any and all details about yourself, such as age, likes, pin number, favorite flavor of ice-cream. As I'm sure none of you are suffering from thoughts of delusions or currently sampling mind-altering drugs, I know none of you felt anything short of a blind panic and utter disgust upon meeting me... ;_; But I can dream...

Now on to the game...
Vote:Korlash
Because I like putting my vote to good use!
Jerbs wrote:oh? Then why wasn't there a vote in your first post? And I am not a firm believer in metas. Sure you can look at peoples old posts, but people change
First off people don't actually change dramatically from game to game. Short of the first, I'd say, five you ever play that is. Opinions can change, and you can definitely change how you act based on what you learn from game to game but for the most part how you play and what you do during games will remain somewhat constant, exceptions not with standing. Take me as an example, I learned a long time ago what to say and not to say, how to refine my attacks, and even tips on how to mask myself when scum. Yet I started playing mafia for two reasons, to have fun by spouting out as many non-funny jokes as possible and to practice both my writing and my social interactions. 45 plus games later my first post is still as non-funny as ever and I still have to type out more words then I need to. You may not believe in metas but they will always be used, and will always be a viable piece of information in any case.

Second off you can't use a meta on someone until they have at least one post under their belt. (Unless its some sort of how often said person posts that is, again exceptions not withstanding.)

One thing I never learned how to do is start off games so I'm just going to see where it goes from here! Oh, and feel free to ask me anything at all if you want, but if it is mafia related know I've been out of commission for what I'm guessing is about 22 months and this happens to be my first game back.(Well second but I'm calling it my first...) What a great IC I am... none of you look worried at all! ^_^
Jerbs wrote:What is your experience with mafia?
I like this, lets direct this towards everybody. If everyone could just a thing or two about their own experiences that would be great... If it is your first game, why did you start playing?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Jerbs »

YAY MOAR PEOPLE!!!

I started in dec 2009, then took a break after a few games for about 8 months, and then started up again
V/LA on most weekends
princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:01 am

Post by princejack »

Jerbs wrote:you haven't answered my question

and it seems your not a newbie. What is your experience with mafia?

alright i started back 07 i have been on and off since..

as to my vote i didn't really see a need to vote right off not until someone else voted. or till someone voted for me i would have waited..
and as to my experience with the mafia i have had many games where played against and as the mafia.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 am

Post by MrZepher »

Vote: Jerbs

:)

No prior experience myself to mafia, but I got a few friends to teach me a thing or two.
or something like that....
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Jerbs »

@MrZepher

Please bold your vote.
V/LA on most weekends
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 am

Post by MrZepher »

Ahh eff.

Vote: Jerbs
or something like that....
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 am

Post by singersigner »

Korlash, you're not what they call a "normal" IC are you... o.O

Anyway, I've been around since last summer, and have officially completed...12?...games on this site. I mean, you could probably figure out my experience level here just by looking at my sig, but whatevs.

Also, PJ* can you explain what you know about the players in this game just by looking at their metas? I will warn you, someone tried doing that in a previous game I was in, and they were vastly mistaken.

As a side note, I usually like opening up the game with a couple question to spark discussion, as I feel RVS rarely does anyone any good:
1. The experience one was already opened to everyone, but...yeah...answer it. <3
2. What kind of activity can we expect to see from you in this game?
3. Are you sarcastic, snarky, neither or both?

TO ANSWER MY OWN QUESTIONS:
1. Yes.
2. I can usually post at least a couple times a day. I'm trying to get better at projecting when I can't post.
3. I'm usually a little snarky...I try and tone it down in Newbie games. ;)

*I'ma call you PJ cuz that's easier than typing out princejack all the time...feel free to shorten my name to whatever you'd like (singer/SS are the more popular ones), as long as it's not "bitch"...that'll make me cranky.

Oh, and VOTE: MrZepher. Just because I don't think it does anything, doesn't mean I don't like picking on random people for random reasons every now and then. ;)
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by princejack »

@ singer before i answer your questions i have to head out to work. but before i do you can call me pj or jack i prefer jack :) if you don't mind ?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Korlash »

Sing wrote:Korlash, you're not what they call a "normal" IC are you... o.O
you may be the first person ever to put the words 'normal' and 'Korlash' into the same sentence, well done!
Sing wrote:1. The experience one was already opened to everyone, but...yeah...answer it. <3
2. What kind of activity can we expect to see from you in this game?
3. Are you sarcastic, snarky, neither or both?
1. Started oh... 4 years ago on another site casually and moved here to play 'professionally'. before I left site I kept my wiki profile sorta up-to-date, so there's that for a reference. And I've even modded a few games so add that to my belt.
2. *shrugs* I would say a lot of activity especially as this is a smaller game, but I have been trying to at least force myself to limit the amount of posts I make in order to help cut out the useless fluff I like so much.
3. both, but I'm also handsome, well mannered, and secretly a government spy... but shhhhhhh... it's a secret! No, I do attempt to be both friendly and fun to play with but I can get temperamental and have been known to push people's buttons when prompted. I do believe both sarcasm and snarky comments are important tools in situations but I try to limit them.
Sing wrote:*I'ma call you PJ cuz that's easier than typing out princejack all the time...feel free to shorten my name to whatever you'd like (singer/SS are the more popular ones), as long as it's not "bitch"...that'll make me cranky.
Would "not bitch" work? Or would that make you mildly annoyed? Also I vote we all start calling Jack "PB and Jack sandwhich" and see if it sticks... mmm... I bet that would taste just awful...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Jerbs »

PB and Jack sandwich anyone? :shifty:

Alright, to answer the questions:

-I already said my experience
-I try to post at least once a day, I may not get to it. Except on weekends
-idk, I guess i could be both, or none.
V/LA on most weekends
princejack
princejack
Townie
princejack
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by princejack »

not a chance just
jack

-my experience is already listed above because i have many unfinshed games becasue my profiles were deleted due to non use.

-a little of all three depneding on what i fill like typeing or what mood i'm in in genral

-as for post when i'm not at work and i have a free moment like now on break i'll post and try to limit fluff :)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Korlash »

Awww... Smuckers doesn't like his nickname... *sadface*
Jack in the box wrote:-my experience is already listed above because i have many unfinshed games becasue my profiles were deleted due to non use.

does this mean you flaked on some past games? If so why and should we expect it here?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”