Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

enomis
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2011
Location: Singapore
Pronoun: He

Post Post #875  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:58 am

And yet you say you didn't say rach or syr are town. Contradicting yourself?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."

Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #876  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 am

I can't find the one you're referring to specifaclly, but when it comes to the scumslips:

Syryana thought he found one of both me and Candillan. Both were not considered scumslips by anone else because of a lack of basic logic. When Syryana realized this mistake, he re-assessed his read on both me and Candillan.

I found a supposed scumslip by Syryana where he stated I can (pretend to) make good cases as both town and scum. At that point he only knew me as scum due to the cancelled scum, which I thought meant that he KNEW is was town this time by saing that. Only scum would know that and still attack me like he did.

The scumslip wasn't as strong as I thought it was, so I'm not sure in how far it should be called one.

What do you think of RachMarie's responses to your questions? And to your points raised against Syryana? Don't you feel she might be buddying with you? She agrees with your case once you ask her about it, without any further comments. Was this the kind of answer you were looking for when you asked her about what she thought about it?

homertve
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #877  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:06 am

Eno, I don't like the fact you didn't read (or even skimmed!) the first 25 pages. Yes, I can understand that replacing in on page 30 (+/-) is a very difficult task. I, myself, replaced in a few games, but I took the time to read every single post. You know who doesn't need to read every little bit of information in a mafia game? A scum, because he knows the alignment of every player in the game.

homertve
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #878  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:07 am

In post 875, enomis wrote:And yet you say you didn't say rach or syr are town. Contradicting yourself?

Where is the contradiction?

Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #879  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:07 am

In post 874, enomis wrote:Who is the one of the other town in your scum triangle. How can one be town yet be in your scum triangle?


Do you only have two scum-suspects at any given time of the game just because you know there's only two scumroles?

Knowing that one of the triangle is not scum is based on facts and knowledge about the set-up, but the triangle consists of suspects and there's no reason to limit them to two if more than two act suspiciously.

Why do you want everything spelled out for you? You've basically been asking to repeat the last 30 pages for you step by step, asking questions that basic logic and goodwill can answer. i have the feeling you're trying to wear us out somehow with all these questions.

Time to put you to work:
Of the questions you have asked, which have already been helpful to you?
What reads have you got so far, based on the interactions you had with people?

About the case on RachMarie, I think her own behaviour since you got here speaks for itself. You can call it random as much as you want, but after all this time I know better.

Core_H86
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2013
Location: colorado springs
Pronoun: He

Post Post #880  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 am

i was trying to explain my thought process you three were my biggest scum leads but there's no way you and syrana are scum together and there's no way syrana and rach are scum so my thought is you must be scum if not syrana would be #1 target day 3

Core_H86
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2013
Location: colorado springs
Pronoun: He

Post Post #881  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:05 am

In post 878, homertve wrote:
In post 875, enomis wrote:And yet you say you didn't say rach or syr are town. Contradicting yourself?

Where is the contradiction?


enomis is reaching trying to twist the facts and make his truth stand out if he's not scum he made himself appear scummy by jumping in before catching up

enomis
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2011
Location: Singapore
Pronoun: He

Post Post #882  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:25 am

@Grim:
Its this:
In post 854, enomis wrote:Wait i read up that post, i still don't see any scumslip thingy. If it's the one Homer is talking about, it isn't a scumslip at all. I find it weird that you think a scumslip on you is an actual case when you can't make a scumslip if you are town. What? You are also saying "you twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case? So you admit to doing this? WTF were you doing.

In post 863, enomis wrote:I don't understand why other people think it's a scumslip. Mind enlightening me?

Basically, you are saying the case on you which is "Twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case.As shown here:
syr wrote:There's a decent case against me: the "scumslip", the 180 on Grim, "twisting words to make people look scummy"


Therefore, if you think it's a decent case, you must be twisting words in some instances? Or are you going to give me "I understand why other people think i am twisting words, but i am not" Argument. It does not work this way bro. Because if you are not twisting words and other people think you are, IT IS NOT A DECENT CASE AT ALL.


RachMarie's response to my question? If you meant she think my arguments about syr are good, that ping my scumdar abit. It feels like she is saying good just to agree with me. But i am not to the point where i am comfortable lynching her.Because I find that wagons which consist of weak reasons are usually scum motivated. Like i will not be surprised at all if there are 2 scums. Of course i am not saying that there will be 2 scum and there may be even that there may not be any scum on the wagon at all. It is just this wagon makes me paranoid.

Also, i can see part of her reasoning why she call me town. Imagine you are town and you are sick which makes you unable to post in the game like you usually do. Then suddenly, majority of the players attack you for lurking. Then one guy comes with a reasonable argument that lurking=/= scum. You would feel that he is town because he could easily blend into the majority.

So my stance on her is, i am leaning scum on her but not comfortable lynching her now. Part of the reason is the wagon with weak reasoning on her and the other is i need to get more feel of the other players. I also want mothrax to be replaced and interact with her replacement.

@Homer: Because if i read 30 pages that has no me(enomis) in it, usually i will read it with my brain shut down. That means even though i read it, it accomplish nothing because i will not have reads and just read for the sake of reading. I find it better to interact. And then after that, if i find one guy that is scummy enough for me to want to lynch him, i would then iso him to double confirm my read.

The contradiction is that Core say he didn't say Syr is town and yet he is implying that Syr is town.
Look:
In post 872, Core_H86 wrote:I didnt say rach or syr are town, you three are currently my triangle of scum but you are the scumiest and one of the other is town

He is saying 'I am the scummiest but "one of the other" which i assumes to be syr is town.'

He is blatanly saying Syr is town yet put him in the scum triangle.

@Grim:
Nope i am not saying limit to two scum spec. You are not getting me.
The argument is as above. What i said to homer.

Quite alot have been helpful to me actually.
But i will postpone my reads abit as i am in the midst of strengthening it and spewing out my reads now will affect me questioning them.

@Core: Look here:
core wrote:2jump to the closest band wagon (syrana)and push it to the lync

Lets ignore the fact that i did not jump to syrana wagon and push it to the lynch.

If part of your argument saying i am scum is that i jumped to syr and push his wagon to the lynch, This argument is ONLY VALID if Syr is town. Therefore you are implying he is town.

core wrote:1 stop the lynch of a lurker at L1 get a little town cred and a buddy

Again this is the same thing. The argument is ONLY VALID if rach is town. Therefore you are implying she is town.

So the whole BASIS of your argument saying i am scum relies on the two of them being scum. Because if they are scum, your argument don't make sense.

Therefore, if you do not have them as town, you must have something of why i am scum to be able to say they are town as my interaction with them does not seem scum x scum? Which i am not seeing it.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."

Edosurist
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 21, 2012
Location: Boltsblaze
Pronoun: He

Post Post #883  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:41 pm

VC 2.5
enomis (1): Syryana, Core_H86
Syryana (1): RachMarie
RachMarie (2): Grimgroove, homertve
Not voting: enomis, Majiffy

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Majiffy replaces mothrax.
Deadline has been extended.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2013-07-04 11:37:00)
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me Edo, Edoist (pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or Endoperson.

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.

RachMarie
HUGS ♥
 
User avatar
Joined: January 09, 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: She

Post Post #884  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:58 pm

LOL this game is about to get interesting....

Hello Jiffy.

Good to see Core posting more.

For those of you who are sitting there saying Eno (formerly david) is scumz. read what he said. He does not say he sees me FOR SURE as town, he is trying to get you all to actually scum hunt instead of going for the easy lurker lynch. That sounds like a town PoV to me. It does not sound like buddying or White Knigting.

As for saying good points without going into further detail, I kinda had to stop for a while. I am starting to feel a bit better, but this tummy bug was a very bad one, I thought of going VLA but this game was close to deadline and not the only one (not saying more than that because of ongoing).

@ Grim and Syr

What about others besides me? You both are tunneling something fierce here, and I want to determine whether it is town tunneling or scum tunneling. Pretty sure based on VCA that one of you is scumz but not both. I want to find out which one it is.
BRAND NEW Get to know me viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.
YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ZJMb5lkrYvBMYrJpw/videos

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #885  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:13 pm

I'll get to this game tonight, I'm about to head out soon.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #886  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 pm

In post 884, RachMarie wrote:
@ Grim and Syr

What about others besides me? You both are tunneling something fierce here, and I want to determine whether it is town tunneling or scum tunneling. Pretty sure based on VCA that one of you is scumz but not both. I want to find out which one it is.


Are you actually saying I didn't bother looking at anyone else besides you? Because everyone's who's followed this game will know this not to be true. Why are you doing this?

Also very curious about that VCA. I don't see much analysis. all you've done is compare the wagon on you with the wagon on LnGrrR and looked for the overlaps. What about the motivations for being on the wagons?

Glad to see some form of engagement in the last sentence though. What is your plan of action?

Also see 866, question waiting for you there.

Welcome Majify. By the looks of it we've got at least three IC-profiles here, so this game should become quite interesting indeed :)

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #887  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:55 pm

On page 14 so far.

Scum
{Candillan, LnGrrrR, imkingdavid}
Town
{RachMarie, Grim, Syryana, Ravenpaw}
Bolded are stronger.

Missing someone, not sure which slot it is. Also Cand you mentioned having a completed town game; can I see that, please?
I'll finish my re-read when I get home tonight.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

RachMarie
HUGS ♥
 
User avatar
Joined: January 09, 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: She

Post Post #888  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Jiffy

Candi is dead

He was the doc and the N1 NK
BRAND NEW Get to know me viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.
YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ZJMb5lkrYvBMYrJpw/videos

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #889  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Still a little scumbutt.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #890  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Did he claim doc? Because if he wasn't pushed into claiming that might make our job a bit easier.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #891  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

In post 888, RachMarie wrote:Jiffy

Candi is dead

He was the doc and the N1 NK


:( Are you giving me the silence treatment?

As an addendum: I don't like how RachMarie is turning her own lurkishness against those calling her out for it.
I know town-Marie as showing understanding towards points raised against her, yet here she refuses that her lurking has in fact been scummy.

Consider for a moment that there is scum lurking, m

Are you receiving the same treatment in every game RachMarie? Or are we just being particularly mean?

Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #892  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

In post 888, RachMarie wrote:Jiffy

Candi is dead

He was the doc and the N1 NK


:( Are you giving me the silence treatment?

As an addendum: I don't like how RachMarie is turning her own lurkishness against those calling her out for it.
I know town-Marie as showing understanding towards points raised against her, yet here she refuses that her lurking has in fact been scummy.

Consider for a moment that there is scum lurking, m

Are you receiving the same treatment in every game RachMarie? Or are we just being particularly mean?

Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #893  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 pm

That post departed too early, let me finish my sentence:

Consider for a moment that there is scum lurking, making sure "lurking" is the only argument that can be brought forward against them (I want to re-iterate that this is not the case her since there are other things besides lurking in my view, though some contend everything stems from her lurkishness), wouldn't the way to react to our arguments be exactly like how RachMarie is doing it? Villifying those calling out the lurkers?

I think a town-lurker would be more forthcoming and understanding when he is being called out for lurking.

RachMarie
HUGS ♥
 
User avatar
Joined: January 09, 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: She

Post Post #894  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I do understand, and actually I have been having issues due to lurking rather universally (that is all I can say due to ongoing).

I admit I have less patience when I am sick and overheated and I am both right now. It is supposed to be 110 F today in Modesto CA.

I will go look at post 866

As for responding to Jiffy, yes I did cause I know hes playing catch up and I wanted to be sure he knew dude was dead and town and the doc.
BRAND NEW Get to know me viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.
YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ZJMb5lkrYvBMYrJpw/videos

enomis
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2011
Location: Singapore
Pronoun: He

Post Post #895  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Did I just get ignored? Like totally?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #896  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:32 pm

In post 327, RachMarie wrote:BTW just to let everyone know since I am an educator and a history buff: Caesar was part of the name of a branch of the Julian family (hence Gauis Julius Caesar). Since Roman families shared so much of their name in common, even tending to pick certain names like Gauis and Sextus for the Julia family, they often added a colorful second name to their family name. Caesar refers to having a thick head of hair (which since the most famous one was going bald early was rather ironic). Later his heir and great nephew Gauis Octavius as part of his plan to rule Rome deified his great uncle and turned Caesar into a synonym for being the emperor. We know him better as Augustus the first Emperor of Rome.

Rach what the fuck does this have to do with anything.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #897  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:45 pm

If that mkfuba slot flips scum, Rach is the partner fyi.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #898  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Grim and Syr both slip towards the scummy end of the spectrum by the end of page 18.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Majiffy
Go with the Flow
 
User avatar
Joined: November 23, 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #899  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Uhhh what the fuck happened at the end of d1. There was plenty of support for a Syr wagon, David and Rach both claimed preference for a Syr lynch over an LGR lynch and yet... quickwagon?

Both of you have a lot of explaining to do ASAP.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games