Newbie 1732 [Game Over!]: InnocentVille

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Newbie 1732 [Game Over!]: InnocentVille

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Newbie 1732: InnocentVille

InnocentVille's innocence is under attack! Find the NotSoInnocentVillagers to reclaim your innocence!

Game Setup:
Matrix 6

Game Status:
Game Over!

Player List:

1. Cass
Jibs

2. AstralFlare**
3. PenguinPower*
4. 0x40*
kk2106

5. Drone*
Rocnix*

6. Chrimi* (SE)
7. thenewearth (SE)
8. shannon (SE)
9. implosion* (IC)

[spoiler="The Living" (4/9)]2. AstralFlare
3. PenguinPower

5. Drone
6. Chrimi (SE)[/spoiler]
[spoiler="The Deceased" (5/9)]4. 0x40,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.
7. thenewearth (SE),
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2.
8. shannon (SE),
Town Jailkeeper
, was shot Night 2
1. Cass,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 3.
9. implosion (IC),
Vanilla Townie
, was shot Night 3[/spoiler]
Spoiler: The Smitten
Hopefully no one, ever.

* indicates a prod
Last edited by innocentvillager on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:59 am, edited 18 times in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Rules

(References: Nobody Special, Equinox, Hoopla, Tierce, Vel-Rahn Koon, zoraster)

General
  1. Be familiar with the site-wide rules and guidelines.
  2. Please keep the game civil and avoid personal attacks.
    Use of homophobic, racist, sexist, or any other derogatory slurs will not be tolerated. Remember to attack the argument, not the person. Mafia is a game of argument, but the argument should always be about the game content. I will warn you if you do something like this the first time, and subject to my discretion after that I may have you force-replaced or modkilled if necessary.
  3. While this game is running, you may not discuss this game anywhere outside of the game thread unless you have been explicitly allowed to do so.
  4. Do not quote any private communication, including game-related PMs, instant messages, and QuickTopics. Quoting time stamps from any private communication is also forbidden. Paraphrasing is allowed; quoting from public sources is also allowed.
  5. If it is not visible to the naked eye, do not post it. This includes but is not limited to: invisible text, tiny text, encrypted text, and text hidden within tags. For cases of breadcrumbing where you aren't sure if this rule would be violated, please PM me beforehand.
  6. Do not edit or delete your posts.
  7. Do not use
    Bolded Blue
    . This is MY color. Impersonating the mod is mod killable, depending on my mood.
  8. For minor questions or vote count errors, please bold your concern in the thread and write . For all other issues, PM me.
  9. Exploiting loopholes in the rules or pretending to break the rules will be considered breaking the rules.
  10. Anything that can be interpreted as “flavor” is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.

Activity

11. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought.
  12. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice.
  13. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return. If it’s in the thread bold it and write @mod.

Days and Nights

14. Days will have a deadline of two weeks, and Nights will last 72 hours. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
  15. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). If no majority is reached at deadline or there is a majority of votes for No Lynch, Day will end without a lynch. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  16. Votes and vote revocations must be bolded (e.g., Vote: PlayerName and Unvote). Unvotes WITH NAME when switching votes are also very helpful for me and are HIGHLY encouraged. (e.g., Unvote: PlayerName, Vote: No Lynch). Use of the vote tags (e.g., VOTE: PlayerName) is HIGHLY encouraged as well.
  17. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to talk in twilight phase until the thread is locked, at which point Day ends.
    Dead players are allowed one "bah!" or completely non-game related post, but after that may not post until the game has been officially declared over.

18. Actions not received by deadline will be considered forfeiting an action for that night. Actions may be submitted ahead of time and can be changed as many times as desired; at deadline, the last valid action that was submitted will be used. Actions may be submitted via PM or QuickTopic.
  19. Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis. I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary. I will notify you of any changes in the thread.
Please PM me if you need clarification on anything in the rules.

Remember: Have fun, and play to win the game
!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Role PMs have been sent. I will unlock the thread when 8/9 have confirmed, or if this timer runs out (expired on 2016-08-08 02:42:27) (whichever happens first). I will also lock the scum communication private topic at the conclusion of this timer.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:22 pm

Flavor here
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:23 pm

With 8/9 confirming,

Day 1 has begun!

Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-08-21 21:23:28).

With 9 eligible to vote, it's 5 votes to lynch.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Hello, everyone! I'm implosion, and I'll be your IC for this game. More or less, what this means is that I'm here to help you adjust to playing mafia in the meta of mafiascum. My actions in this game are governed by the article Being a good IC, so while I may lie to you as scum, I will never lie to you while in a teaching role. So you can trust me when I talk about game theory, common tells, and so on - but you should put me under the same level of scrutiny as everyone else with regards to whether I'm town or scum.

The mafiascum.net wiki has a ton of useful information about the site, about common roles, common setups such as this game's Matrix6 setup, etc. I'd highly recommend perusing the wiki a bit - if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me! Either way, I'll be talking about various relevant topics as they come up.

For a bit of information about me: I've been on MS for about 6 years now, playing on and off (but mostly on), so I have a lot of experience with the site and its meta. I've ICed once before, a very long time ago (in fact, I think that game was lost to a site crash in 2011-2012!) I generally try to be very transparent with what I'm thinking at any given time, so don't be surprised if I'm giving a lot of weak reads early and refining them later. I also tend to focus more than the average player on finding players to townread, rather than just finding scum - this is just a playstyle thing because I often find it easier to pick up on towntells than scumtells. If you ever want me to justify anything I've said, please don't hesitate to ask.

Games on MS often start with a random voting stage, or RVS (for other acronyms, see this wiki article). This is simply because in the early game, we lack information as a town, so we attempt to generate information by voting for players, reacting to those votes, judging each others' reactions, and so on.

On that note:

VOTE: thenewearth

Above all, remember - this is a game. Have fun!
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by shannon »

Yay, we're underway!

VOTE: Implosion because he's the only player I know :mrgreen:
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Oh hey, finally a scummer who's been around longer than me.

VOTE: Chrimi
Only scum votes themselves!
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

VOTE: Implosion

Explosions are better.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

Also that card has screwed me over too many times in hearthstone
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by Rocnix »

VOTE: Chrimi

Your terrifying display of circular logic indicates evil and/or a sense of humor!
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Chrimi »

In post 11, Rocnix wrote:VOTE: Chrimi

Your terrifying display of circular logic indicates evil and/or a sense of humor!
Shit! I've been outed!

/poofs
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 11, Rocnix wrote:VOTE: Chrimi

Probably evil. VOTE: Chrimi
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Chrimi »

UNVOTE:

Spooky, I don't want to be at L-2 already.
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Rocnix »

UNVOTE: Chrimi

To be fair, you did kind of start it. While amusing, confusing things by self-voting is probably not the best. You have the benefit of my doubt (for what little it's worth) until we've actually heard from everyone, though.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by implosion »

The general consensus on selfvoting is that you should basically never do it as town. In joking situations like this it's generally not the end of the world, but you're likely to earn some extra attention, so it's not advisable. If you are actually under pressure, you absolutely should not selfvote as town. It can accelerate a mislynch that may or may not have even happened in the first place, and denies the town the valuable information of an extra person being on the wagon, among other reasons. Scum will sometimes selfvote when they're at L-1 (one vote away from being lynched), if they see their lynch as inevitable, for much the same reason (it can deny the town information). But as town there are, with very few exceptions, never really any good reason for it.

@shannon, hello.
@AstralFlare: imp-losion isn't even in standard anymore so you don't get to complain :p.

I'm also willing to weakly call Chrimi town for now, but only very weakly. I'd also say AstralFlare is slightly town.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by shannon »

Just noticed that Rocnix is new-new, having joined only at the start of this month. Welcome! (Imagine I am clever and have inserted a cute gif here)

Could you please pop up an avatar so we can tell who you are at a glance?
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Chrimi »

In post 16, implosion wrote:The general consensus on selfvoting is that you should basically never do it as town. In joking situations like this it's generally not the end of the world, but you're likely to earn some extra attention, so it's not advisable. If you are actually under pressure, you absolutely should not selfvote as town. It can accelerate a mislynch that may or may not have even happened in the first place, and denies the town the valuable information of an extra person being on the wagon, among other reasons. Scum will sometimes selfvote when they're at L-1 (one vote away from being lynched), if they see their lynch as inevitable, for much the same reason (it can deny the town information). But as town there are, with very few exceptions, never really any good reason for it.

@shannon, hello.
@AstralFlare: imp-losion isn't even in standard anymore so you don't get to complain :p.

I'm also willing to weakly call Chrimi town for now, but only very weakly. I'd also say AstralFlare is slightly town.
Self voting during RVS is a fun way to get some conversation started in my opinion :b
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Rocnix »

Thank you, that's a wonderful gif! (haha)

I'm afraid I don't have much for art on hand atm, so this old sketch will have to do for this game.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by Chrimi »

In post 15, Rocnix wrote:UNVOTE: Chrimi

To be fair, you did kind of start it. While amusing, confusing things by self-voting is probably not the best. You have the benefit of my doubt (for what little it's worth) until we've actually heard from everyone, though.
I know I started it. I was mostly joking. :u
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Post by thenewearth »

OMGUS VOTE: implosion

And
FoS: Chrimi
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 16, implosion wrote: I'm also willing to weakly call Chrimi town for now, but only very weakly. I'd also say AstralFlare is slightly town.
I'm curious as to how you were able to get a read (however mild) on Chrimi and I after two or three posts each. Is this purely based off tone?
Chrimi wrote: Self voting during RVS is a fun way to get some conversation started in my opinion :b
You seem to have succeeded. :P
In post 20, Chrimi wrote: I know I started it. I was mostly joking. :u
You're switching stories. Which is it?
In post 17, shannon wrote:(Imagine I am clever and have inserted a cute gif here)
relatable

Also, welcome Rocnix!
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

Do you people have any experience with mafia? I'm fresh out of the clusterfuck which is Telegram Werewolf, which was what really brought me back after a year long hiatus. I'm a little more experienced now though, and hopefully a little better at catching the baddies. :)
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:09 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 23, AstralFlare wrote:Do you people have any experience with mafia? I'm fresh out of the clusterfuck which is Telegram Werewolf, which was what really brought me back after a year long hiatus. I'm a little more experienced now though, and hopefully a little better at catching the baddies. :)
If you check my join date, you can see I have 5 years experience playing mafia.

Also, I was joking
and
wanting to cause discussion. :wink:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”