Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:08 am

Post by schadd_ »

oh also there's rakkar. a name we haven't heard in a while
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 am

Post by schadd_ »

in other news, doctor/tracker seems buuuuuusted.
free darius mccollum

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 am

Post by cassielle »

being perfectly honest, after -grey- let up on me i was determined to NOT read that slot. that was not fun for me and i didnt want to be put in a position of scumreading him and getting another face full of angry

which it seems made me misread the slot thereafter.

on a reread -- youre actually wrong, i jumped on -grey-'s wagon (he started pushing schadd_, i sorta sheeped on the basis of another reread of schadd_'s ISO). i wasnt going to qustion -grey- because i just really didnt want to jump into that can of worms (and again, ctrl-f my ISO for "sorry", every time -grey- turned my way on d2 i got scared and backed the hell off immediately).

which does make me look pretty awful, to be fair, but i stand by schadd_'s ISO looking non-town. its just that a -grey-/schadd_ scumteam makes no damn sense to me and -grey- is confscum, so... i cant support scum!schadd_
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:11 am

Post by schadd_ »

skull emoji
free darius mccollum

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 am

Post by cassielle »

in the future im just gonna scumread anyone who gets ultra aggressive when i scumread them, to prevent exactly this. its a gap i wasnt expecting and i dont think i can plug it any other way

if i scumread someone and they want to defend against it they can come at me calmly, -grey- did not and i was just relieved to not have someone shouting me down, i handle it poorly

nothing to do with his d1 scumread of me, everything to do with the tone of those posts
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 2252, cassielle wrote:being perfectly honest, after -grey- let up on me i was determined to NOT read that slot. that was not fun for me and i didnt want to be put in a position of scumreading him and getting another face full of angry
this seems largely in contradiction with . if you've downloaded him, i should generally think he is less frustrating/saddening to deal with
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:30 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 2251, schadd_ wrote:in other news, doctor/tracker seems buuuuuusted.
not to belittle rask though. hitting grey was clever
free darius mccollum

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2256, schadd_ wrote:
In post 2251, schadd_ wrote:in other news, doctor/tracker seems buuuuuusted.
not to belittle rask though. hitting grey was clever
i think we got lucky tbh

like this could have been an easy scum win IF rask didnt claim D1 (lol)

but if rask didnt claim D1 and it was BP not doc we'd be better off than if he did claim
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:34 am

Post by cassielle »

In post 2255, schadd_ wrote:
In post 2252, cassielle wrote:being perfectly honest, after -grey- let up on me i was determined to NOT read that slot. that was not fun for me and i didnt want to be put in a position of scumreading him and getting another face full of angry
this seems largely in contradiction with . if you've downloaded him, i should generally think he is less frustrating/saddening to deal with
nah, by the end of d2 he had stopped being frustrating and i genuinely was able to poll a mental model of him to get a rough idea of what was coming

it just ended up being backwards
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:39 am

Post by cassielle »

like this is where that happened then read

actually, rereadng that little section is... interesting. i need to eat before i can go over it properly,gimme a bit
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:41 am

gonna think harder saturday
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:08 am

Post by cassielle »

gbT didnt give a solid read on -grey- throughout d2. schadd_, me, mbg (end), rc all got solid reads from gbT on d2. the only players they didnt take a 100% solid stand on were creature (who was being set up for a scumlynch from what i see) and -grey-

see , , . compare to... , .

now, sure. there is -- BUT it was never gone into detail on AND it was actively dismissed by way of , etc -- meaning that is false, QED. they were scumreading me and creature harder until the creature flip, dismissed -grey- in favor of me on the back of a post that was meant as a /critique/ of the slot from schadd_, etc etc.

conversely, gbT claims -Grey- was strong townreading them all game long -- but (keep in mind: myself and Rask were very recent targets of -Grey- here), (note that hes saying he'll lynch gbT on the fly there), VERY weakly states gbT is a viable lynch target. gbT questions a townread thats pretty spurious and not strongly backed up all game long as if its a solid 100% "NEVER LYNCH THIS SLOT" read. and keep in mind those are the ONLY THREE TIMES I COULD FIND where -Grey- listed gbT as even an implied read -- it could be argued he went out of his way to avoid looking too hard at gbT's slot based on this

finally, check -Grey-'s d3 play wrt my slot

if he was defending a scum slot he threw the game there, im a weak lynch target from game start and he knew it and repeated this all day (until rask mentioned results), its effortless for his scumbuddy to push for my lynch to scumwin in theory. arguably he pocketed me to act as a smokescreen for scumbuddy gbT (and it worked, im a dumbass, sorry town)

i rest my case, i dont have any further supporting arguments for me as town or gbT as scum
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:12 am

Post by cassielle »

oh and ftr -- wrt gbT's d1 -grey-reads, they were dismissive-leaning-town because of GAYreen and liking -grey-'s posts. theres no -grey- scumread there. after all, if there were why would gbT sheep -grey- on d2 start?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:16 am

In post 2262, cassielle wrote:gbT sheep -grey- on d2 start?
???

bwuh

also im pretty sure i called grey's tr on me slimey several times d2 that's a pretty substantial scumread outed??

honestly im not even sure what your point is

none of the things you push ever seem alignment indicative

like i clearly had no stances early d2 because of rl stuff, townread every slot, and didnt get the chance to re-evaluate

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 am

In post 1309, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1251, schadd_ wrote:-grey-: i'm leaning town. we have someone on dominion forum that's very similar (argumentative, likes to tick people off, pulls shit like 1131) and he is more helpful and easy to deal with as scum, to the point of being a tell. obv they're different people though, but that's the parallel that i have
this is really spot on for grey tbh but it's far from a surefire tell if that makes sense

his townread of me is still icky
schadd_ wrote:
In post 1300, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:and creature and cassie schadd_?
?
they want me to write a wall about how literally every post you write bleeds town
In post 1313, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1279, Raskolnikov wrote:I know the explanation for the read on you is pretty accurate from my own experience. A lot of those are similar tells to how I read you.

But I don't think faking townreads is particularly difficult, if you have experience with a player especially and know their meta. If based on past games the expectation is for them to easily read you I don't see the read as anything unexpected, especially if there was the incentive of trying to buddy as well.
agreed w/ the sentiment here in general

do you think my townread on creature has been used to buddy him?
mattblackguy wrote:Giga, isn't Grey like conf scum now?
no not really

but that was a pretty awful set of posts
In post 1323, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1319, mattblackguy wrote:
In post 1318, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:also matt why did you ask 1312?
I wanted to see if you would try to defend him or not.

I still don't see how a townie can call someone scum, and then a little later say that they don't want to lynch the person they called scum.
why would i defend him if i pointed out the initial inconsistency though? dgi

also cassie i'm basically on the same page wrt matt/rc. plus matt's last few posts are kinda..............

i think jumping from voting me and saying {creature/grey} buddy the next day to voting grey over a perceived scumslip is just such an "easy" thing to do i would totally expect it from newbscum, and 1312 just pinged tf out of me

rask what are your thoughts here
In post 1460, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1459, RadiantCowbells wrote:If Creature wasn't the scumbuddy, who would you think that it would be?
If I squint really hard maybe casielle? I haven't really re-read yet (i'm just getting back into my groove) but the line she had earlier where she didn't know that bussing early on was a really bad strategy in this specific set-up pinged me a bit that she could possibly be bussing herself. she's giving me mixed feelings now though (as in she's kind of towning it up) so i'm not super crazy about it

other than that no one else really strikes me as a plausible partner which is why i'd be ok going along with a creature lynch

grey's townread of me is really icky still but he's 100% not a mbg partner

i'm pretty sure you and schadd_ are town

so that basically leaves creature and casielle
i'd cut these down but lolphoneposting

but it should be obvious that A: I asked grey about his read on me because he never explained why he even had it and his explanation was utter shit and B: i was trying to call out grey's bs but he made 0 sense as a matt partner and matt's "isn't grey confirmed scum now" still feels super scummy so i'd vote that before an iffy meta tell

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:24 am

back to sleep

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am

Post by cassielle »

you called it slimy several times but kept your vote anywhere else. unfortunately no one pressed you for the "why" so i cant say for sure that youd have relaxed that read then like you did later when mbg brought up a -Grey- contradiction and you asked for explanation of it.

on the other hand he WAS null-ish in the one readslist you posted during d2 (well after you questioned his townread!), and you never took an outright town/scum stance on him that day -- every other slot you took one on, solidly town or solidly scum, even if you changed your mind afterward you took that stance

you took none on -Grey-

your scumread of him was either weaker than me and creature outright (meaning is an out and out lie) or you were saying you scumread two people, one of whom you voted for at least once, when you actually had a better scumread that you said nothing about

not to mention wtf happened to MBG there?

either you had more scumreads than TB and -Grey- or you didnt scumread -Grey- after all, and no matter how you take it you voted for someone you intended to flip town wrt mbg

period

p-edit: in order:
weak af, not sticking to any read, you say "oh yeah thats -grey- all the way! but its not really a tell. and i dont like him townreading me" -- its casting a tiny bit of shade and nullifying an argument brought up in favor of the slot

same thing. "no hes not confscum -- but i dont like the posts" it says nothing about your read except that it probably isnt "obvtown"

i dont see that as saying anything in particular about -grey-, its more saying that mbg's argument there is bad. also, mbg later points out that CREATURE pointed out the inconsistency, you did not, which nullifies that argument

and the last one is treating him as unlikely to be scum even though you dont like the townread he has for you, it STILL doesnt say anything about your reads.

it all adds up to "approximately null but im suspicious so maybe very light nullscum", except for the last one which says "town by PoE but scummy town"

does NOT follow
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:32 am

Post by cassielle »

1323 is the post i was referring to with the relaxing of your read (what little of a read there was) ftr
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am

Post by -Grey- »

I actually felt terrible about that after the fact.

That's why I spent all night apologizing in the scum PT.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:34 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2254, cassielle wrote:in the future im just gonna scumread anyone who gets ultra aggressive when i scumread them, to prevent exactly this.
That's a mistake.

It isn't what someone does, but why. Town can get pissed off too.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2263, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 2262, cassielle wrote:gbT sheep -grey- on d2 start?
???

bwuh

also im pretty sure i called grey's tr on me slimey several times d2 that's a pretty substantial scumread outed??

honestly im not even sure what your point is

none of the things you push ever seem alignment indicative

like i clearly had no stances early d2 because of rl stuff, townread every slot, and didnt get the chance to re-evaluate
Boss defense, bae.
---
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Aeronaut »

- VoteCount 3.3 -

With 6 players still alive, it's 4 to lynch!

[L-3]
-Grey- - gigabyteTroubadour
[L-4]
schadd -
[L-4]
RadiantCowbells -
[L-4]
Raskolnikov -
[L-4]
gigabyteTroubadour -
[L-4]
Cassielle -

Not Voting
-Grey-, schadd_, Cassielle, Raskolnikov, RadiantCowbells

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2017-02-08 23:00:00)
2023 W/L | 1-0
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:44 am

Post by -Grey- »

I foresee a. 3-man LyLo between Giga, Cass, and schadd.

When that happens, I'm gonna bust out laughing in the dead thread because that means we got this game on lockdown.
---
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i think now marks the time i largely stop mentioning/addressing cass and GBT; i probably shouldn't have even posted my reads. rc i will still talk to (in spite of grey's best interests. what you're doing is cool, but ultimately shouldn't be doing you any favors)

when to end today? rask, how much more do you want to say
free darius mccollum

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Yeah seriously.

Find scum, lynch scum.

Kill me now and end the madness so town can get back to being productive.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”