Newbie 1781 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Pyra »

Um, is there anything that I should be doing right now as town? I'm still a bit unsure of what to do or what not to do. I'm just going to try to go over what happened before I got replaced in, so I'm sorry if I don't make the best contribution to town at this moment.
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Sagittarius »

Your emphasis on being town is kinda awkward dude
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Sagittarius »

but to answer your question just read the past few pages and tell us what you think before catching up on the entire thread.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Tarkus »

In post 399, Sagittarius wrote:Tarkus: No, I'm not following. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I scumread two people then I townread the others because there are only two scum slots. Doesn't mean I won't ever change them and I'm open to hearing why I'm wrong. I don't see what is preventing a rb/Fykus team either but if you have quotes to support it go ahead.

As for Creature, he's actually pretty null in terms of personal opinion, town in terms of reads for the reason I said earlier. I don't have him higher up because I don't like how he seems to be doing his own thing but I don't have him as scum because idk if it's a gripe with his playstyle or if it's something legitimately scummy.

Creature: Why not? I think he's being pretty transparent about what he's trying to do and I like transparency. Good players can fake it but it's kind of stupid to trash a read just because of "what ifs." Sometimes the easiest explanation is the right one.
I'm not going to pull quotes right now. Their interactions are not how partners would act in the context of this game. You think fykus would try to lynch rb the way he's been doing if they were partners? Seriously?

That's a scummy answer on creature too. Like something mafia would think sounds safe and neutral, but actually isn't. You have him third to the bottom because he's "doing his own thing?" That's not an accurate description of his play, and not a good reason to have him as the least-towny-town.

VOTE: Sagittarius
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Fykus »

Ok so this is a quick post before I go back and make a bigger one on my reasoning for everything and answering the questions you've asked me in the last 24 hours though.

I think it might of been lemon that incriminated rb for me (im gonna have to double check that). Basically the theory goes that if lemon is scum with rb we need to take out rb first because he knows what to do with his night actions. Especially considering he'd be able to "read between the lines" of whats been said. If you guys had read between the lines you'd probably know why I'm 99% certain that loopdan is town. Basically I don't want to reveal too much before tonight just incase we mislynch somebody and mafia keeps 2 people alive for the night.

p.s if you think im scum you should go back and read my scum game and you'll see the difference between that game is night and day.

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70173

anyways, ill be back soon with a proper post.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Fykus »

Ok so I think I'm kind of back in the groove now. I think that this post:
In post 270, EccentricLemon wrote:I don't necessarily agree that it's right to go after rb for not supporting the BP claim thing. He's the IC, and the IC my last game tried their best to remain neutral and not get in the way of people trying different strategies. So he might not approve but not want to interfere. Idk if it's a universal IC thing or if it's just the one I happened to have. In any case, I want him to comment on it because there isn't much about it in his ISO. Personally, if I were to scumread him, it would be because of his complete certainty of players' alignments. Even being a seasoned player and the ISO doesn't excuse that kind of certainty in my book.

I keep getting confused between Tarkus and Fykus haha, they sound so similar.
In post 254, Aatami wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on the tarkus vs Sagittarius debate?
I agree that it's most likely town v. town. Neither of them strike me as scum, really. I think Tarkus' questions are very valid and constructive and Sagittarius' analysis is pretty thought out.
In post 243, Fykus wrote:
I'd like a claim from you three on your next posts please or I'll start voting as if a non claim is an admission of being scum.
Not really a fan of this take-charge attitude or the missed statement in my post. Even if Fykus just skimmed my post, my not BP claim was the last thing in the post, so it wasn't hard to miss. I agree it was a bit long and dreary, but especially if he's so concerned with the whole BP claim thing he should at least be skimming posts for that. What I'm trying to say is I don't like how this means or at least makes it seem that Fykus didn't read that post, which he should have expected was going to answer to a lot of statements made toward me at a time when my play was under scrutiny.
Is what gave me the scumread on lemon/rb. Basically lemon posts this as we're pressuring rb for a BP claim and then afterwards rb tries to distance himself hard from lemon. Things have settled down now in regards to everything so I've got less of a "lets lynch rb" harddon now. However if we wanted to clear rb all we'd have to do is lynch lemon and see what they flipped.

As for HKD I'm going to have to go back even further to see what gave me the thought that they were scum.

Be back soon
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Pyra »

Fykus, are you saying that if rb is scum, then lemon would definitely be their partner (or vice versa)? I might have missed any explanations you would have given earlier I'll be waiting for you to explain your reasoning in your bigger post. Also, I would like to point out that you citing your previous game's behavior does nothing to characterize your behavior in this game as town because you are aware of it (I mean why even mention it lol). Since now we know that you're obviously aware of your actions and how they would look to others, there's nothing to say that you couldn't be intentionally altering your behavior to achieve a "night and day" difference and therefore seem town in contrast to your last game. The fact that you would mention a previous game for the purpose of proving that you are town is a bit weird, but maybe a lot of people do the same thing when they play and I'm getting suspicious for no reason.

I agree with Tarkus's last post although I don't think that it's enough for me to follow along with his vote for Sagittarius. Sagittarius doesn't seem to have done anything suspicious except for what Tarkus was referring to (I'm not totally sure what qualifies as suspicious enough to lynch anyways).
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Sagittarius »

Tarkus: Yes. I do. I don't see any associations that would tie him to rb. But I don't see anything that would eliminate him as rb's teammate either. Therefore rb/fykus can be a thing, at least to me.

About Creature. He really is. I don't like naked reads without follow up. I also don't like people ignoring ongoing discussion. He's done both. Trust me, if I wanted to throw shade, I would've done it on someone I can actually mislynch.

Fykus: I know what you're talking about but I think it means nothing. Idk how much value MS places on meta but I'm not big on it for a few reasons. Thanks for the link though.

ETA: Pyra actually nailed one of the aforementioned reasons, good job. Don't think it's scummy though
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Fykus »

Yeah I'm saying that if lemon is scum then its highly likely that rb is their scum partner. As for your slot I'll go back and re-read my thoughts on it plus the posts HKD made to jog my memory of why I thought it was scum. As for you I think you're a bit too smart to be newbie.

Be back soon. Posting in between real life happenings
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Sagittarius »

Nobody gets cleared after any lynch, the fuck

I'm not new to mafia, but I'm new to MS. Haven't played on here in years lol
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Creature »

Are you scumreading me or do you think me not explaining reads not being in the discussion is NAI?
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Fykus »

Right, so basically HKD just buggered about and posted 0 substance the entire time he was here and then finally dropped off the face of the earth (without claiming bp or not either).

@Pyra - couple of things:
-Could you give us your thoughts on the game so far
-What experience have you got playing mafia (not on here you've already said this is your first game)

please and thankyou.
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Sagittarius »

Creature: I'm not scumreading you. Idk if the latter is AI. It depends on your playstyle which I'm not familiar with. But I still don't like it.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Creature »

Okay, so you just don't like it.
Sigh
Sagittarius
Sagittarius
Goon
Sagittarius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Sagittarius »

Yes.
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Pyra »

In post 408, Fykus wrote:Yeah I'm saying that if lemon is scum then its highly likely that rb is their scum partner. As for your slot I'll go back and re-read my thoughts on it plus the posts HKD made to jog my memory of why I thought it was scum. As for you I think you're a bit too smart to be newbie.
Okay I understand what you were saying. I'll take that last bit as a compliment lol.

Creature, I think it would definitely help if you did explain things and participate in the discussion. As for Fykus's questions, beyond what I've already posted, I don't really have any more concrete thoughts about how the game is going. I'll post more after I either find something or people post more things. I've played two or three games with friends irl and a bit on another site's text chat (think something similar to an IRC chat) although I wouldn't say that I'm at all experienced with mafia in general. I'm more used to faster paced games that take about an hour at most anyways, so this site is pretty new to me. Any experience I might seem to have with mafia is just me attempting to use logic.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Creature »

I don't really like to participate of discussions because 2 or 3 posts later I should have made up my mind and I don't want to keep posting pointless things.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Creature »

Btw, I feel like this is rb's playstyle.
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Fykus »

Yo creature whats your reads on rb, lemon and pyra/HKD?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Creature »

rb looks town so far.

EccentricLemon sort of felt like town non-perfectly scumhunting.

Pyra idk, HighKingDestro seemed town, haven't payed attention on Pyra.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 388, Loopdan wrote:
In post 386, Creature wrote:Aatami, Loopdan, do you actually scumread Destro/Pyra or are you voting him because they didn't BP/not BP claim earlier?
The latter. Forgot to move it.

VOTE: Lemon
Also, note that Loopdan, instead of voting one of the viable two-man wagons, he goes straight to make another vanity wagon.
Sigh
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Fykus »

Who are your scumreads then?
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Pyra »

@Creature Eh, I feel like participating in discussions even if you've already made up your mind would still help other people. If you explain to others why you've made up your mind about something it could convince them to do the same thing if you're right about something. (and I agree with Fykus that sharing reads might be helpful)
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Creature »

Okay, what can we discuss?
Sigh
Pyra
Pyra
Goon
Pyra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Pyra »

For now I just meant that you should share any information that helped you reach a decision on reads since that probably would help the rest of us.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”