Newbie 1822 | Eyes in the Fog - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Plotinus »

Yeah, it is amusing. :]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think fair compensation in the form of cat pictures is reasonable.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:02 am

Post by Plotinus »

oh gosh lemme upload this vid i just took of the kitten.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 am

Post by Plotinus »

he does this repeatedly, bringing the toy to me and refusing to let me use the computer because he wants to play, but growling and swiping at me when i try to take the toy away from him. there's a reason i'm wearing a glove. but then i do finally get it away from him and he loves running to fetch it and knows to bring it back for me to throw it again.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 am

aww.

okay I'll get to this.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:53 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1544, RadiantCowbells wrote:If anyone wants my feedback as well lmk
Yes plz
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 1553, Plotinus wrote:he does this repeatedly, bringing the toy to me and refusing to let me use the computer because he wants to play, but growling and swiping at me when i try to take the toy away from him. there's a reason i'm wearing a glove. but then i do finally get it away from him and he loves running to fetch it and knows to bring it back for me to throw it again.
Spoiler:
ohmygodddddd our cat does that too

like i'll throw the mouse toy and he goes nuts chasing after and brings it back to me but he won't just, like, give it back like a dog

he'll kinda drop it somewhat close to me, like, "i don't care enough about u to put in all the effort of giving it back to u. however, you are required to throw it back"

either that or just keep playing with it and grabbing at it when i try to throw again

if my mom is like reading and he wants to play he'll drop it on top of something important and then sneak in front of the book
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Creature »

Sigh
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by nancy »

Yay I read this game day 1 a bit and I townread all my friends and they were all town ^_^
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm

This tonight!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:10 pm

@Virtuoso

You did good at some of the clears. I think that you should focus less on logic and thought process (which led you wrong several times in games that I've seen with you) and more on 'wouldnt do x as scum' which has worked out for you.

The way you dealt with me was mixed. I feel like you should have stuck with the fact that you correctly recognized that there was a lot that I just wouldn't have done as scum, rather than repeatedly get drawn back into paranoia like you unfortunately did. I wasn't sure what to do to change that read because it felt like on some level you'd consciously recognize that i wasn't scum but unconsciously you just refuse to lose to me as scum. Which is problematic. No point in going over this though.

Your focus on the 'do better than me' is especially good: that's a really telling phrase. You didn't originate the focus but it was a strong direction.
HOWEVER. I strongly believe that he would NOT have said that if the buddy has been either me or Plotinus. Because then he'd recognize that he's calling us out! Whereas with Awoo, it doesn't necessarily point to him, so OK. He didn't think through the clears, but.

Generally I feel like your issues in the game revolved around that you see things a lot at face value and kind of view people mechanically and that isn't quite how most people work. Thought processes being logical isn't really a reason to townread/scumread someone, it's just a thing that exists. I think you would do well to stop focusing so much on the what of mafia games and start thinking of why (this). Like thought processes for cases can catch some scum but more important is what's going through their head when their writing specific posts, what causes them to frame things certain ways, certain diction etc. Like
In post 1241, Virtuoso wrote:
In post 1237, Clemency wrote:There's no rb in this game.
Awesome that gives town quite a bit of information.

Cop should never claim without a guilty since that would mean no doc. Jailkeeper jails and gets confirmed town if there's a NK
In post 1245, Virtuoso wrote:Clemency's statement probably means there is a RBer
Even from confirmed scum your first reaction is face value rather than thinking through it. I think that's a tendency in your play writ large.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:17 pm

I got busy and it's past my bedtime. More feedbacks later.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 am

Post by Awoo »

I have never seen an IC follow through on thier promise to make an IC post.
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Virtuoso »

Sorry I’m just reading this now. Thanks @RC for the feedback
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

RC had offered to do it; I Generally do it when nobody else does.

He's leaving the site, though, so hang on.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:04 pm

I'll do this.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:12 pm

@Plotinus

Your scumread on Music was the first thing that I came to and it was problematic. I really feel like in a large part you scumread him because he was different and you couldn't understand him and it felt 'wrong' to you rather than having a concrete reason to think that he was scum. Definitely scum and all the monikers that you used are ones that I think that you should be slower to point out and I feel like that applies to your read on me later in the day too: while it was sweet that you said that I could not count this on my W/L, it was totally just pigeonholing me as lockscum and I didn't know how to respond to that. I vaguely believe based on past recollection that that's a consistent problem with you where you slot people as scum and have trouble unslotting them as scum and that's definitely something that you should work on. Besides that, your read development was good, I liked your approach to trying to create content and how you dealt with a lot of the newbies in the game and your read on Cheeky was really solid and one of the reasons that I kept not-thinking you were scum. I note that you incorrectly locked Adilm based on setup spec (no bueno) that essentially constituted angleshooting and not only was it wrong but it felt very outside of the spirit of the game and I was not at all a fan of that direction. I did, in general, like the way that you dealt with my slot and I would have been interested in playing more games with you and figuring you out in general if I was sticking around. Overall I do think you played well though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Locked awoo based on setup spec*
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

RC come back :/
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 pm

@Cheeky

Fantastic performance on many levels. Your reads in general were pretty amazing and I would slot you as the #1 reason that we ended up winning the game, considering that you made Clemency forfeit and were a strong proponent of the Awoo lynch. I could gush over how good your scumhunting was but I believe that you already know that your scumhunting is good and I don't feel like inflating your ego so I'll focus on what you did wrong. Well first on that topic you did back off of Awoo at first and you were a little weak about pushing it. But otherwise I think my main problem with the game was how you dealt with my push on you. A lot of the blame is mine based on how I approached your slot and I've sort of gotten a hang of that and made personal decisions about how I'm supposed to deal with you, but I do feel like your approach was problematic. You sort of stopped fighting and AtEing and kind of let the lynch go through and that's wrong. If you had had your way I would have been lynched after most likely and we would have lost you carrying your game. Fighting to defend yourself doesn't always look like a bloody war and there's plenty of ways to do it but what you did was basically just lying down for most of it and that's not good. I do think you got your shit together and started towntelling again later, but please don't do that.

And yeah you were great.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

But if I didn't do that then I wouldn't have clicked on Clemency. But yeah I'm trying to wiggle my way out of always being first lynch, in different ways, without taking down innocents lol. Thanks heaps for the feedback <3 I'll keep it in mind. I miss you round here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:07 pm

<3
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>