Newbie 1907 - game over!!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 am

In post 522, PvtUrist wrote:Yyotta is still Yyotta. All the pocketing in the world was not enough to stop her lolhammer.

that hammer may or may not have been what stopped me from derailing your wagon and messing everything up.

yyotta real mvp

you played well. If you read my pt you'll see that I really struggled with your read, so good job and gg!

foodcoats
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #526  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 am

GG all! Mafia is hard. What I'm taking from this game is, I finally understand why a lot of players have more of a scummy playstyle even as town. My play is so absurdly town that I really dug myself a grave pretty fast, since as URAP pointed out I was twisting myself in knots constantly, which is why I spazzed out at the end... I should have shut up way earlier. Urist may have got caught first but I think his/her approach here was far better, and I'm going to take my cue from Nauci and sheep as the correct way to play Mafia in general in the future (as both alignments)... if you're too long-winded as town (as I am), then you're going to have a rough time maintaining that image as scum, and you can be brief and lurky and still help town. I also made the mistake of thinking that I could look townier by attacking the towniest players, but that was a huge goof. Make the easy votes, NK the hard ones if you don't have a good PR read.

Gotta look back at the thread to see who was Doc, on D1 my PR reads were Yyotta and Dong, D2 I thought GL had crumbed Neap so I went for him.

foodcoats
Goon

Post Post #527  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:49 am

Ahh nice URAP was the Doc. Well played URAP, very well played!

foodcoats
Goon

Post Post #528  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 am

And well played everyone else, too. I think I only really ever fooled Nauci and Dong, so I was hoping to drive towards a LYLO with those two, but obviously my hammer was a mistake. Hard to pass up when I was reading Tracker on Yyotta though, and everyone was so eager to lynch her.

PvtUrist
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:52 am

Also URAP2 was cop back in 1905 with 100% night-check accuracy. His private pt is amazing too.
We keep moving

sheepsaysmeep
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:52 am

ggwp

really strong set of newer players

PvtUrist
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:53 am

Imagine how the game would've gone without Yyotta :think:
We keep moving

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:13 am

In post 528, foodcoats wrote:messed up quote, too lazy to fix

you had me through most of day 1

wagon analysis was really damning this game.

if you could learn to plan around where you're going to have to lynch to get all the way to end game you could position yourself so that you don't have to tie yourself up in knots while still being able to play townie when town.

Pinturicchio laid out his whole plan to get to end game in 1905. It's a great example of what i'm talking about.

I really hope to play with you in the future. I think you're gonna get dangerous ;P

GG, mate!
103-11 0-2

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm

little late to the party here (LOL at not even posting D3), but good game everyone! I'll add IC thoughts/feedback in a bit, but first and foremost let me just say that I was very pleased with the overall atmosphere of this game, not too many lurky slots/replacements and everyone was invested yet non-toxic. I'd love to play with any of you again sometime.

food coats and PvtUrist, I hope you don't feel bad about this (haven't read much of the postgame chatter yet), you kinda ran up against a strong town. I'll give some feedback/pointers when I do a proper IC conclusion
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Nauci
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #534  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:13 pm

In post 514, Dongempire wrote:
In post 509, Nauci wrote:Y'all played really well!!!

Dongempire, you were hella sharp for picking up on PvtUrist's fence-sitting posting.

Thanks! You were just as good with picking up fc on his bullshit, way better than i couldve done. Im sorry for suspecting you for a bit, i shouldve figured you out earlier

I didn't really TownPost at all this game. Instead of effort, I just tried to bait an NK and see if anyone tried to go after me as low hanging fruit, which turns on my super Saiyan mode. The Worst knows all too well what happens if scum try to shade me :lol:

Tl;Dr there was no reason to have sorted my slot all that well this game

Also somehow I missed the whole page of game before the hammer before

Nauci
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 pm

In post 528, foodcoats wrote:Hard to pass up when I was reading Tracker on Yyotta though

for the record, there are no trackers in a setup with a mafia roleblocker

Nauci
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:02 pm

In post 530, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ggwp

really strong set of newer players

sorry about getting you killed buddeh

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #537  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:13 pm

In post 534, Nauci wrote:The Worst knows all too well what happens if scum try to shade me

Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

PenguinPower
Pongwin

Post Post #538  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:20 pm

<(") | (")>

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games