Newbie 1914 | Stuff I Found Online Viii | Over

Plotinus
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:38 am

Official Vote Count 1.08What's the internet like in different countries?

The internet is global, but the average person's experience of it varies quite a bit by country. In Russia they have their own facebook-like-thing, Vkontakte. In Cuba, someone brings the internet to your house on a 1 TB drive that you rent for the week and then each week they trade the old one for the new one. We think of the great firewall of china as depriving people of access to sites that we can't imagine the internet without them, but in China they have their own social networks, their own version twitter, their own search engines, their own gaming networks. In India, most people use the internet exclusively from their phones.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Roo (3): 0verki11, CatStar, Egix96
GrandWazoo (3): YellowSnow, Birdy, Roo
CatStar (1): RCEnigma
0verki11 (1): GrandWazoo

Not Voting (1): Flavor Leaf

Deadline: (expired on 2019-02-04 07:10:00).

Mod notes: Keep it fun!
Zooborns IV is over

Plotinus
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:42 am

Flavor Leaf1 has been prodded. He has (expired on 2019-02-04 15:50:00) to post before I start looking for a replacement because the prod timer runs slower on the weekends.
Zooborns IV is over

0verki11
Goon

Pronoun: It

Post Post #202  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 am

In post 23, Roo wrote:Get busy living or get busy dying.
So far this game isn’t getting busy doing anything.

LAMIST
In post 38, Roo wrote:
In post 31, 0verki11 wrote:using a (dead town dead villager) pharse is fine but not adding to discussion other than that is lamist imo, particualary since they havent posted since.

Got to say this is a pretty fair reading and makes me townread you a bit. Really though, it was just me trying to work one more shawshank quote into the conversation because thats a good movie, and I wasn't thinking any further beyond that.

Not a very good defense towards it either
In post 59, Roo wrote:
In post 51, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 50, YellowSnow wrote:Early town read on the leaf.

If youre trying to pocket me...this is definitely on the right path.

Do you think he's trying to pocket you?

Another not very good post, feels slightly shady towards Yellow and to an extent Flavour

No really scumhunting in iso, iso diving some more and might post somethng else later

Egix96
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #203  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:54 am

In post 194, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 191, CatStar wrote:@RCEenigma: I agree with your reasoning about the overki11 wagon, who do you think is scum on it?

I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.

One of Roo or Yellow, both ping me in different ways. I will say that in yellows case it isn't necessarily them, but how people have played around him. If that makes sense.

Outside of that, Egix isn't on the wagon but I think a scum case could be made there too. His last post comes off weird in the end and I keep rereading it. They don't scumread me or they wouldn't piggyback off my read. So why veil your thought process in case I'm scum? I dunno just seems like a weird disconnect.

I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

Okay, so now that you've commented, I can imagine you being scum with Wazoo (you're questioning him but not really pushing him) or possibly with Birdy (is there really nothing about her that pings you?) but I don't realistically think that's the case because Roo has more individual scum equity IMO.
My wiki page!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

RCEnigma
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:20 am

Gonna have to be honest and say I don't have a read on birdy. Like at all. I remember thinking at one point if birdy is scum it's probably a birdy/yellow team. I didn't like the awkward timing of their joke posts. But besides that meh I don't really know.

Roo
Goon

Post Post #205  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:47 am

In post 203, Egix96 wrote:
In post 194, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 191, CatStar wrote:@RCEenigma: I agree with your reasoning about the overki11 wagon, who do you think is scum on it?

I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.

One of Roo or Yellow, both ping me in different ways. I will say that in yellows case it isn't necessarily them, but how people have played around him. If that makes sense.

Outside of that, Egix isn't on the wagon but I think a scum case could be made there too. His last post comes off weird in the end and I keep rereading it. They don't scumread me or they wouldn't piggyback off my read. So why veil your thought process in case I'm scum? I dunno just seems like a weird disconnect.

I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

Okay, so now that you've commented, I can imagine you being scum with Wazoo (you're questioning him but not really pushing him) or possibly with Birdy (is there really nothing about her that pings you?) but I don't realistically think that's the case because Roo has more individual scum equity IMO.

Is this still due to your problem with or has anything else contributed to this?

Roo
Goon

Post Post #206  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:57 am

In post 187, Egix96 wrote:You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.

In post 192, Egix96 wrote:My line of thinking was that Enigma wouldn't be willing to vote Wazoo, because why would he vote someone who he thought was being pushed by scum? That would make no sense.
As for that last question, I don't feel it would yet be a good idea to answer it, seeing as Enigma hasn't yet responded since my previous post. I wouldn't want to give a potential scum!Enigma any ideas as to what I would expect him to say.

In post 203, Egix96 wrote:I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

I still don't really understand this whole line of thinking from Egix. I still don't understand why if Egix didn't want to lycnh Wazoo, that RCEnigma got mentioned at all. Like why does Egix's vote seem semi-dependent on the fact that RCE didn't want to lynch Wazoo?

And then at the end of this it was because Egix could imagine a Wazoo-RCE scum team? So why was the vote removed from Wazoo in the first place? And if it was removed because Egix has a larger scum read on me rather than Wazoo, why bring RCE's Wazoo feelings into the equation?

Something isn't adding up here

Egix96
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

In post 202, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 23, Roo wrote:Get busy living or get busy dying.
So far this game isn’t getting busy doing anything.

LAMIST
In post 38, Roo wrote:
In post 31, 0verki11 wrote:using a (dead town dead villager) pharse is fine but not adding to discussion other than that is lamist imo, particualary since they havent posted since.

Got to say this is a pretty fair reading and makes me townread you a bit. Really though, it was just me trying to work one more shawshank quote into the conversation because thats a good movie, and I wasn't thinking any further beyond that.

Not a very good defense towards it either
In post 59, Roo wrote:
In post 51, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 50, YellowSnow wrote:Early town read on the leaf.

If youre trying to pocket me...this is definitely on the right path.

Do you think he's trying to pocket you?

Another not very good post, feels slightly shady towards Yellow and to an extent Flavour

No really scumhunting in iso, iso diving some more and might post somethng else later

Now that I've taken a closer look at this post, it actually reads quite scummy to me, because I'm thinking that if 0ver were town, he wouldn't be reading Roo's ISO just to look for scummy posts - rather, he would be going in without that preconceived notion of Roo being scum, and thus would be taking a less biased point of view. I find it hard to believe that 0ver didn't at any point seem to think "oh, actually, this post makes me think he might be town."
My wiki page!

Roo
Goon

Post Post #208  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:31 am

@CatStar do you have any updated reads on anybody? you have been awfully quiet in this game

Egix96
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 am

In post 206, Roo wrote:
In post 187, Egix96 wrote:You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.

In post 192, Egix96 wrote:My line of thinking was that Enigma wouldn't be willing to vote Wazoo, because why would he vote someone who he thought was being pushed by scum? That would make no sense.
As for that last question, I don't feel it would yet be a good idea to answer it, seeing as Enigma hasn't yet responded since my previous post. I wouldn't want to give a potential scum!Enigma any ideas as to what I would expect him to say.

In post 203, Egix96 wrote:I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

I still don't really understand this whole line of thinking from Egix. I still don't understand why if Egix didn't want to lycnh Wazoo, that RCEnigma got mentioned at all. Like why does Egix's vote seem semi-dependent on the fact that RCE didn't want to lynch Wazoo?

And then at the end of this it was because Egix could imagine a Wazoo-RCE scum team? So why was the vote removed from Wazoo in the first place? And if it was removed because Egix has a larger scum read on me rather than Wazoo, why bring RCE's Wazoo feelings into the equation?

The reason why I mentioned Enigma was because I could clearly see that he would be inclined to agree with me. Is it a crime for me to say "I don't wanna lynch B because C thinks B is town"? Not in my world it isn't.

Also, why are you saying that my vote was "removed" from Wazoo? My vote was on 0ver previously IIRC.

Are you trying to imply that I'm scum with Enigma or something?
My wiki page!

Roo
Goon

Post Post #210  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:39 am

In post 209, Egix96 wrote:
In post 206, Roo wrote:

The reason why I mentioned Enigma was because I could clearly see that he would be inclined to agree with me. Is it a crime for me to say "I don't wanna lynch B because C thinks B is town"? Not in my world it isn't.

Also, why are you saying that my vote was "removed" from Wazoo? My vote was on 0ver previously IIRC.

My apologies for this. I made a mistake when I was setting up the quote boxes and attributed your unvote to unvoting Wazoo in my head.

GrandWazoo
Goon

Post Post #211  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:44 am

Yeah, you could almost call Over's wall lamist...
It's disconcerting that I don't have anything more than weak/gut reads on anyone. Also that FL hasn't voted at all, has posted a lot of non-useful content and is now AWOL. Also that I have a superbowl party to finish setting up in a couple hours.
My townleans are Egix, Yellow and RCE.
My scumleans are Over and Birdy.
Everyone else is null. If I had a good feeling on a Roo lynch I'd put him L-1 right now. But I don't.

Roo
Goon

Post Post #212  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:50 am

In post 209, Egix96 wrote:The reason why I mentioned Enigma was because I could clearly see that he would be inclined to agree with me. Is it a crime for me to say "I don't wanna lynch B because C thinks B is town"? Not in my world it isn't.

No I don't think you are scum with Enigma. It feels like you are trying to use someone else's read to justify your vote. That to me feels scummy. You easily could have disagreed with lynching Wazoo and had a scumread of me and voted for me. But you chose to use RCE's to justify your voting for me. But then in you leave open that the scum team could be Wazoo-RCE or RCE-Birdy? Something isn't right here

VOTE: Egix96

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #213  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 pm

In post 204, RCEnigma wrote:Gonna have to be honest and say I don't have a read on birdy. Like at all. I remember thinking at one point if birdy is scum it's probably a birdy/yellow team. I didn't like the awkward timing of their joke posts. But besides that meh I don't really know.

Posts that start with "i'm gonna be honest" look bad to me.

It's like if you start a sentence with "not to be racist, but..." you're probably being racist.

GrandWazoo
Goon

Post Post #214  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:35 pm

@Roo: didn't Egix address your concerns in that post you quoted? I mean it's a fine line between sheeping and agreeing, Prolly would've been wiser to leave RCE out of it, but I just don't see scum motivation there.

Roo
Goon

Post Post #215  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 pm

In post 214, GrandWazoo wrote:@Roo: didn't Egix address your concerns in that post you quoted? I mean it's a fine line between sheeping and agreeing, Prolly would've been wiser to leave RCE out of it, but I just don't see scum motivation there.

The first part of Egix bringing RCE into the mix makes a little more sense the more I think about it. RCE wasn't going to vote Wazoo. Egix scrumreads me and votes for me. This is me assuming now --> I guess Egix mentions RCE to see if RCE agrees that I am the scum on GW? Like you said, probably would've been wise to leave RCE out of it, but okay.

The second part in post is what I still don't understand. Egix waited for RCE to respond, to now have RCE scum team possibilities? Both of which don't include me, the person he is voting for. Why was RCE's rationale of "I think the push on you has scum hiding in it." used to support Egix to vote me, to then turn around and say there are RCE scum team possibilities? It just feels like Egix is trying to keep a lot of options open.

CatStar
Townie

Pronoun: She

Post Post #216  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:52 pm

In post 208, Roo wrote:@CatStar do you have any updated reads on anybody? you have been awfully quiet in this game

Disagree, I've spoken when had something to say...but given time of day reasonable to say more.

As I said, I'm leaning town on overki11 and egix. Having read another game GW played in mewbie, I think they are probs town.

FL I don't have much to say about. They are speaking a fair bit but not doing a lot of searching fromy POV which could read as anti town but seems consistent with their usual play (so not alignment indicative) and I see their point about reviewing information in D2. Null.

I don't understand other people's town lean on yellow, they aren't saying a huge amount that would consider town or scum hunting... But not do I see anything which could see as scum agenda so null.

Birdy explains their thought process and I can follow, so not reaching too much for things to be suspicious of. Not much outside of grand wazoo, but they haven't posted since Friday, so will see when they return. Town/ null.

RCEnigma... Null as despite agreeing with a lot what they say, Something about the way they defended overki11 made me wonder about buying town cred on his flip (knowing would flip town). Plus not voting where they say scum reads are despite it getting late in day... so... Null.

Roo remains my top scum read, for previously mentioned reasons and now feel they are trying to make shady comments to see what sticks, not seeing a strong reason for egix vote (wondered if did so following enigma comment re could see them as scum).

Roo
Goon

Post Post #217  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:15 pm

In post 216, CatStar wrote:
In post 208, Roo wrote:@CatStar do you have any updated reads on anybody? you have been awfully quiet in this game

Disagree, I've spoken when had something to say...but given time of day reasonable to say more.

As I said, I'm leaning town on overki11 and egix. Having read another game GW played in mewbie, I think they are probs town.

FL I don't have much to say about. They are speaking a fair bit but not doing a lot of searching fromy POV which could read as anti town but seems consistent with their usual play (so not alignment indicative) and I see their point about reviewing information in D2. Null.

I don't understand other people's town lean on yellow, they aren't saying a huge amount that would consider town or scum hunting... But not do I see anything which could see as scum agenda so null.

Birdy explains their thought process and I can follow, so not reaching too much for things to be suspicious of. Not much outside of grand wazoo, but they haven't posted since Friday, so will see when they return. Town/ null.

RCEnigma... Null as despite agreeing with a lot what they say, Something about the way they defended overki11 made me wonder about buying town cred on his flip (knowing would flip town). Plus not voting where they say scum reads are despite it getting late in day... so... Null.

Roo remains my top scum read, for previously mentioned reasons and now feel they are trying to make shady comments to see what sticks, not seeing a strong reason for egix vote (wondered if did so following enigma comment re could see them as scum).

Every player that has been in the game since it started has over 20 posts, and this is your tenth post.

When I look at your ISO, I don't really get a lot from it. You have stuck to your scumread of me [which you originally attributed partly to a "gut feeling"] but then your top 2 town reads also seem to flow from that:

In post 191, CatStar wrote:I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.

And now a lot of your reads are null reads. It just doesn't feel like a lot of scumhunting is happening from you

GrandWazoo
Goon

Post Post #218  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:30 pm

Catstar's post was substantive and good. I prefer quality over quantity. FL has posted more than anyone and I can't see that he's contributed a damn thing toward hunting scum.
Cat if you've read one of my games then you've read Yellow's too, as he's been in both of my other games (we've both been town). I don't see anything he's done this game that's inconsistent with his play in the other two. Of course I've never seen his scum game so who knows.

RCEnigma
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 pm

I have some observations I want to make before deadline, 10 hours btw.

I'd like some input from FL when he picks up his prod. FL what do you think about Wazoo and his wagon. Yes this will be graded.

RCEnigma
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 pm

6 hours to deadline

VOTE: Roo

If I'm wrong here I have a good grip on the scumteam. FL may not be around before deadline it seems.

Flavor Leaf
Best Third Party

Post Post #221  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Sorry, guys!! I went on some work trip, and wasn’t able to be around much!

I’m gonna do a reread when I can.

Day 2 if I’m still here, I’ll try to be poppin

Flavor Leaf
Best Third Party

Post Post #222  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:24 pm

I’m willing to hammer to stop from lynch.

I think I’d prefer Roo to Egix.

I’m aware there’s only a little more than four hours?

I’ll make the decision in 3, I guess.

Roo
Goon

Post Post #223  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:33 pm

In post 220, RCEnigma wrote:6 hours to deadline

VOTE: Roo

If I'm wrong here I have a good grip on the scumteam. FL may not be around before deadline it seems.

You’re wrong. This is L-1, yeah?

Flavor Leaf
Best Third Party

Post Post #224  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:35 pm

It is. Feel free to claim.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games