Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 30, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #725  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 pm

UNVOTE: Skitter

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #726  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 pm

VC 1.18
Image

votes[4] Salami : u r a person 2 , TTTT , Elements , cbynumber
[1] skitter30 : NotMySpamAccount
[1] MaryJoLisa2 : skitter30
[1] TTTT : Salami

[2] Not Voting : BBmolla , MaryJoLisa2

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in: (expired on 2019-02-11 15:56:59)

Mod Notes: :D
If I've made a mistake anywhere, please let me know.
sign up for baton pass !

played | rulesets | setups

MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 30, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #727  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:38 pm

At what point is it appropriate to cast my vote? How much hammer notification is customary?

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #728  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 pm

In post 638, MaryJoLisa wrote:I would still think that if you’re town, you’d be looking at various possibilities. I think you’d be advancing town’s objective but you’re instead asking questions that are making us second guess ourselves. Other active posters are throwing out ideas and trying to construct a narrative. You’re not really participating in that. I feel like you’re waving your hand with a shiny object to distract people from what’s really going on. I don’t know what’s going on, but I do not feel that you’re contributing to solving the mystery.


i don't know why you think asking questions is not advancing town's objectives
you've still never shown how or where i'm making people second-guess themselves; it's a baseless accusation that i've tried to get you to quantify about three times but you haven't. 'trying to make people second guess themselves' does'nt actually, like, mean anything if you can't point to specific instances where you think i'm doing that

why am i not throwing out ideas? i'm sharing, quite vocally mind you, that i think you're scum; you've done nothing to change my opinion which is why i'm being stubborn on this.

what am i distracting from? and i mean, like, from you're pov, if you're town, no, i haven't found scum, sure. from *my* pov tho, you've done nothing to chagne my mind; from *my* pov, i think i found scum and i'm trying to make highlight this, and i'm not sure why you think from *my* pov i'm not scumhunting

In post 638, MaryJoLisa wrote:Your absence at the start of the game was very suspicious for me because I didn’t fully realize how long these day phases were. It was odd to me that you’d start a game that you’re ic’ing in that you'd basically miss what I expected would be the first two day phases. Possibly three. I see now that the day phases are forever and a day, so your V/LA is explained to my satisfaction.


well, it's more like i signed up for the ic queue like a month ago, forgot about it, and didn't realize that my turn would come up the weekend i was moving till i got a role pm

In post 638, MaryJoLisa wrote:Now you’re zeroed in on me and I don’t see you this focused anywhere else. You say I’m sitting on fences and that I lack conviction and internal consistency, but that’s because I’m trying to blindly put pieces together that and I really don’t know where the pieces fit. You don’t seem like you’re blind at all. You are very strong in your convictions and that only makes good sense to me if you’re scum. The only other explanation would be that your town with a penchant for tunnel vision. Both reasons are good for voting for you. We either take out the scum, or we take out the town who, in my opinion, could possibly tunnel the wrong people down the road.


yep, i'm being stubborn about it because i think you're scum. i think i found scum; i see little reason to change my vote or my push (i will at deadline etc).

my point wrt you sitting on fences is that you just never really ... pick a side. you don't really seem to think anything is more likely than anything else; that's the problem i'm having. you leave yourself very very very open to changing your mind and voting elsewhere. it's not impossible to come from town, but i aassociate it with scum much more

i do get tunneled a lot actually; i try to not, like, do that; it's not easy for me to talk myself out of it, usually i need someone to talk me out of being tunneled
i acknowledge that i might be tunneled here. i don't think i am tho.
your blaseness for lynching townies who get tunneled is actually quite bad imo
it's also really really really hard for me to take being stubborn as scum
(i would have said i can't fake my push on you but i think that's no longer completely accurate given my last scum game that ended last week; i think i can *probably* fake this push? It's like ridiculously difficult for me tho)

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #729  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 pm

In post 661, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Would not lynch: urap, cby, myself
Would lynch: MJL, Salami, skitter
Not sure: elements, TTTT, BBmolla

VOTE: skitter30 because we're getting kinda close to the deadline and we need a lynch. I'm fine with this one, and most other people seem to be too.


a) noting that everyone in your would lynch pile is pretty much consensus scumreads rn
b) are you basically voting me because of the deadline?
c) what do you think of the fact that i'm voting maryjo and she is(was?) voting me?

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #730  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 pm

In post 664, u r a person 2 wrote:anybody have insight into Skitter's scum meta?


i have lots of insight :lol:
obvs my opinion is biased but like i'll answer questions if you like

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #731  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 pm

no that's okay skitter
103-11 0-2

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #732  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:30 pm

In post 665, MaryJoLisa wrote:Okay, so the chardonnay was spectacular. Muchas gracias. Are we shifting this wagon over to Salami then?

In post 668, MaryJoLisa wrote:Oh, damn it. I just tried to get you fast tracked through the system, Urap, but security has red-flagged you. As much as I like you, security hasn't yet cleared you to direct my vote. Apparently you "still could be Skitter's lost scum partner" if she's actually scum. Bah. Best to let the system do its thing then.


a) not sure why you're willing to move your vote off of me and onto salami here; feels like you're looking for wagons to join
b) why are you willing to listen to urap in 665 but take that back in 668?
c) is there a particular reason why urap could be my scum-buddy? ie is there something that specifically makes you think urap/skitter or are you just saying that it's theoretically possible he's my partner?

(i'd like these to be ansered but given previous interactions i don't particularly expect that to happen; i'm still noting my thoughts on these posts tho)

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #733  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:30 pm

fair enough, fair enough lol

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #734  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm

In post 671, MaryJoLisa wrote:I welcome the investigation. :D


also feels lamist

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #735  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm

In post 682, u r a person 2 wrote:hey skitter silly question - are you an alt of TW?


:lol: :lol: :lol:
no but it's hilarious that you'd think so (we have wildly different playstyles)
we play a lot of games together tho and we're friends :)

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #736  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:35 pm

In post 688, u r a person 2 wrote:skitter scum does not make sense with this vote count


+1

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #737  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:37 pm

In post 704, cbynumber wrote:Like, am I just supposed to ignore all of her content in favour of a votecount with no confirmed flips?


can we talk about what exactly you don't like about my content?

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #738  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:38 pm

urap is basically always town in this playlist and gamestate imo, for protesting the wagon on me - literally no reason to do that if you're scum here; i'm a great mislynch for you all lined up when you repped in, no reason to try to shift it off

the interaction between urap + cby makes me think they're both town imo

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #739  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:39 pm

In post 711, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 661, NotMySpamAccount wrote:MaryJoLisa: Probably scum. Not enough content, just trying to defend herself.


I've contributed plenty of content. I found this handy tool at the bottom right of the screen. I have 118 points and I've been actively pushing for a Skitter lynch and providing reasoning for my thought process. Start with Post 330 and read on from there. If I've defended myself, it's probably more of an explanation as to what I'm thinking rather than an actual defense because I'm of the position that a lynch *any lynch* will provide town with the necessary context to move forward.


i mean, yeah, you can look at a mislynch that way
i'd much rather a scum lynch tho

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #740  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:42 pm

In post 712, u r a person 2 wrote:the walls are a personality thing, right? She said so in this thread and it's super easy to confirm. she makes catchup walls asking tons of questions


yeah, personality thing
walls are more likely to come from scum!me; i avoid real-time literally as much as possible as scum because i hate it

but town!me uses walls *a lot* too, especially if i'm catching up on a few pages
(it's either walls or spamming as a i catch up like i'm doing rn but since everyone here hate the walls i figured i'd try something different)

like this is a pretty easy thing to check by looking at an iso of any previous game of me

TTTT
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 04, 2016

Post Post #741  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:42 pm

In post 727, MaryJoLisa wrote:At what point is it appropriate to cast my vote? How much hammer notification is customary?


wait for a claim
and then let everyone discuss before hammering
but it looks like he might be gone so wait for a replacement
hopefully mod will extend the deadline with a replacement

TTTT
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 04, 2016

Post Post #742  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm

I really want NotMy and BB to spill their guts about a potential Salami lynch

MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 30, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #743  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:44 pm

In post 732, skitter30 wrote:a) not sure why you're willing to move your vote off of me and onto salami here; feels like you're looking for wagons to join
b) why are you willing to listen to urap in 665 but take that back in 668?
c) is there a particular reason why urap could be my scum-buddy? ie is there something that specifically makes you think urap/skitter or are you just saying that it's theoretically possible he's my partner?

(i'd like these to be ansered but given previous interactions i don't particularly expect that to happen; i'm still noting my thoughts on these posts tho)


I am most definitely looking for a wagon to join, but the reasons are not what I think you're expecting.

There is no particular reason why Urap could be your scum buddy other than that Urap had a 22% chance of having drawn a scum card just like the rest of us. From my POV, of course, that's a 25% chance, but either way, because it is a non-zero value it should be considered.

Salami was on my radar anyway and voting him ends the day phase. Whether I get NK'ed, investigated, or whatever during the night phase, the game gets to move forward with useful evidence.

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #744  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:44 pm

In post 714, MaryJoLisa wrote:I believe I have been answering her questions. I think she just doesn't like or accept the answers I provide. But I have been answering, and I have been providing what I think are lengthy responses that do actually address the questions she's asking.

Part of me thinks she's asking over and over to give the illusion that i'm not answering.


yeah, cuz the answers you give are kinda vague and require followup

and i think theh last line is kinda unfair given that you were literally not acknowledging my posts for several irl days; if you'd have acknowledged them in some way i wouldn't have had to keep asking you about them

TTTT
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 04, 2016

Post Post #745  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:45 pm

also I don't want this post lost
depending on the flip and if I survive to day2
this might be important

In post 705, TTTT wrote:
In post 661, NotMySpamAccount wrote:After reading through all of that, Here are my reads:

Elements: I can't tell from my gut, but maybe town?
Salami: After urap's stuff, I'm tending scum here.
cbynumber: Textwalls, scumhunting, probly town.
u r a person 2: Town as crap. Loads of scumhunting, loving it.
MaryJoLisa: Probably scum. Not enough content, just trying to defend herself.
BBmolla: Confusing. I kinda see the arguments coming out, but slowly. Gut leaning scum, but not much
TTTT: Lots of short posts, not a lot being said other than quick responses to questions. He's asking questions though, so null/town I guess.
skitter30: Textwalls galore, not sure if that's ai, but pretty much null. I just can't get any sort of gut read here at this point.

Would not lynch: urap, cby, myself
Would lynch: MJL, Salami, skitter
Not sure: elements, TTTT, BBmolla

VOTE: skitter30 because we're getting kinda close to the deadline and we need a lynch. I'm fine with this one, and most other people seem to be too.


your skitter read is null
but you put her in your "would lynch" pile and vote her?
instead of one of your two actual SR?
also your last sentence looks like scum trying to absolve from a mislynch

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #746  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:45 pm

In post 723, MaryJoLisa wrote:So we've got 4 on Salami, we need 5. I'm the hold out, then correct? And if I change my vote, I'm supposed to state my intent to hammer?

Statement of intent to hammer: I'm planning on pounding the Salami.


i have no idea why you're interested in voting salami here

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #747  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:46 pm

In post 726, northsidegal wrote:[4] Salami : u r a person 2 607, TTTT 660, Elements 708, cbynumber 717


this is pretty good wagon
i townread everyone except maybe tttt

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #748  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 pm

In post 743, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 732, skitter30 wrote:a) not sure why you're willing to move your vote off of me and onto salami here; feels like you're looking for wagons to join
b) why are you willing to listen to urap in 665 but take that back in 668?
c) is there a particular reason why urap could be my scum-buddy? ie is there something that specifically makes you think urap/skitter or are you just saying that it's theoretically possible he's my partner?

(i'd like these to be ansered but given previous interactions i don't particularly expect that to happen; i'm still noting my thoughts on these posts tho)


I am most definitely looking for a wagon to join, but the reasons are not what I think you're expecting.

There is no particular reason why Urap could be your scum buddy other than that Urap had a 22% chance of having drawn a scum card just like the rest of us. From my POV, of course, that's a 25% chance, but either way, because it is a non-zero value it should be considered.

Salami was on my radar anyway and voting him ends the day phase. Whether I get NK'ed, investigated, or whatever during the night phase, the game gets to move forward with useful evidence.


i mean not listening to urap's salami push on the basis that he might mechanically be scum with me by virtue of being in the game (ie since everyone has a 2/9 chance of being scum) when he hasn't done anything to make you think he's acting in a scummy way is kinda silly and makes me think your reads aren't real - your actions aren't following the reads you claim you have, but are rather following the theoretical probabiliyt that all players in this game have some chance of being scummy, evne though you say you don't think urap is behaving this way.

i think scum (who have to make up all their reads -> ie their reads aren't real) are more likely to approach the game this way than town, who's actions usually are a manifestation of real thoguths they're having

i have no idea why you want a salami lynch other than to end the day

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #749  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 pm

ok i'm caught up.
need to do a couple of other things, will come back at some point tonight to go through salami's iso

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games