Newbie 1937 | Maths | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.04In order to apply L'Hôpital's Rule to complex numbers, you must perform some extra tests on the function to make sure you'll get a correct answer. The first check is that the magnitude of the derivative divided by the derivative of the magnitude of the bottom function needs to be defined and continuous near zero (not necessarily at 0 itself). I'm not really sure how you would apply the other three checks without already knowing the limit.

LynchingWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to lynch.

Everybody
(0): Nobody

Not voting: ClearlyClarity, Eggs, LuckyOtter, pema22, DongEmpire

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-06-30 16:00:00).

Mod notes:
:D
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by Donempire »

huh?

I'm zeebus replacement, why would i want to lynch him?
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by Donempire »

oh shit
alright wait let me clear my thoughts on this i thought you were responding to something else
nevermind my last three posts i shat the bed hard
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 1020, Eggs wrote:1) inconsistent and unmotivated voting - not demonstrating a clear pattern of reads and/or not attempting to lynch in line with them, just sheeping a bunch of wagons
2) that's lashing out in frustration. I expect he was conflating unpleasant behaviour with scummy behaviour to some extent there, or mixing motivations to lynch scummy people with lynching people he didn't like.
Sorry for saying you were wrong in the previous post. I thought you were somehow replying to my zeebu post and i was sleepy. I apologize.
Both of these are correct. I would like to maybe elaborate on the second part a bit, and you can see where i came to the conclusion otter was scum.

I agree that he may be conflating unpleasant behaviour with scummy behaviour there. However, even if you did that, it is a very weak point to push. Scum most often use this kind of lashing out to their advantage by voting someone without making an argument against them.
Where i was wrong however, is that i thought he was trying to push the discussion back into the inactive slots. I read the post on the surface level only and didnt notice that he actually wasnt trying to push the discussion onto the inactives. From my perspective, this was mirroring a previous game as i already said.
This kind of post is really finnicky to dissect, the kind that votes someone in frustration. It can come from both town and scum, and its my fault that i couldnt discern it. You really cant afford to make even a simple oversight like i have. I would like to talk more about this but i'm gonna get down more on the topic of clarity so maybe sometime later.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Donempire »

Regarding clarity, she made a lot of posts where she gave pretty confident reads without any proof behind them. She sometimes gave reason for not elaborating on these, like in 206 where she said it was because she was on mobile, however she never came back to actually elaborate when she got back on PC. What do you make of this? Simple oversight or actively avoiding association? You can make arguments for both of these, so im interested to see which side will weigh more for you.

I think posts 537 to 540 perfectly illustrate why clearly is scum. She goes from voting robb, because she believes his discussion is ingenuine, then hops onto imperators case and votes him. I think you understand what im getting at here.
She isnt trying to find scum. She is trying to find reasons to scumread someone. Thats why she has no remorse just flipping in and out of wagons at a hearts beat. It doesnt matter if scum doesnt die, as long as she had good reasons for lynching them, she wont be reprimended. Thats her intention with these posts. Do you agree?
Formerly Dongempire
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

I'm honestly not sure how much I'll be able to reread this before end of day. I think it has to be pema/CC. pema/zeebudong just doesn't make sense as a pairing, votewise. I liked zeebu for town fairly consistently. I agree with dong re: lack of scumhunting from CC.

I need some real heavy convincing to buy either pema's counterclaim or a pema/zeebdong team.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 1030, LuckyOtter wrote:pema/zeebudong just doesn't make sense as a pairing, votewise.
And why doesn't it make any sense? Is that your sole basis for disregarding the Dong/pema scumteam?
Call me whatever you want...
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

I mean if their strategy was to bus the shit out of each other early on then it might make sense.

Convince me otherwise. Or of something/anything.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 1016, Eggs wrote:
In post 977, pema22 wrote:I said that the possibility of either Imp or CC being scum is very high, Eggs called me out on this saying that it shouldn't be higher than normal odds. Of course, I knew that Dong (zeebu) was already cleared to be townie, making the odds that Imp or CC were scum higher, but not everyone knew this.
Actually I just asked you if you were referring to the normal odds or if you had a read. Genuine question. You just retreated to 'no read'. I would definitely have preferred it if you'd said 'higher than normal odds' as it would have indicated you were actually doing some detective work.
I didn't want to reveal myself too early in the game as that would not have been in the town's best interest, by saying I had more information than a normal townie would have been too obvious.
In post 996, pema22 wrote:Eggs said that after the night was over, and he almost definitely said that with the new information had after the night was over and the kill was already done so he could fakeclaim cop. I assume he claimed reading me as guilty because I have been seen as scummy/suspicious, and as he knows of my little experience I guess I am easy to target.
If scum is me + otter (which I assume you are going to be arguing) then I would most definitely have killed or roleblocked CC after that no-reason townread on you being her strongest read.

If scum is me + CC that's more of a fair point. Is that what you're reading?[/quote]

At the moment I definitely believe it could be you and CC, I have a feeling saying you cleared Otter is a way so if you die, we automatically think its him
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by Donempire »

Pema, eggs softed his cop claim in day 2. What do you think about that? He adamantly refused an otter lynch that day.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:16 pm

Post by Donempire »

Its also interesting how he never mentioned that he softed. If he was mafia and he planned this all along, going into d3 softing a town!otter you'd think he would call our attention to it. The way i see it is that it happened naturally. But i'm interested to hear your thoughts as well.
Formerly Dongempire
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Eggs »

Would you be able to make a few points for scum Zeebu/Dong before EoD please CC?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 1036, Eggs wrote:Would you be able to make a few points for scum Zeebu/Dong before EoD please CC?
I'll be on it. I've been avoiding this game a bit but I can't procrastinate on this case.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 am

Post by pema22 »

In post 1034, Donempire wrote:Pema, eggs softed his cop claim in day 2. What do you think about that? He adamantly refused an otter lynch that day.
One of two possibilities: either scum is eggs/otter and he wanted to save his partner, or it is eggs and cc and that was a way to get otter on eggs' side
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:20 am

Post by Donempire »

Huh.
Formerly Dongempire
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Ughhhh this feels like an assignment I really don't wanna do and school's supposed to be over for me :(
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Eggs »

I know the feeling!

Otter, a day left, do you want more time or are you happy to make a call and place votes?

CC was my assumption at start of day and thats firmed up a bit.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Post by Eggs »

Also are people lynching me/pema or cc/dong today?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by Eggs »

i guess scum wouldn't concede either way so may as well make it me/pema? happy with either tbh.

VOTE: pema
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Someone threaten to kill me tomorrow so I have motivation to actually work on this case pretty please :(
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Donempire »

Pema. I didnt make any argument, cc didnt make any argument. I dont see why we should lynch cc today. Lets go with pema.
Formerly Dongempire
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Eggs »

Eh, if I survive the night I'm not changing my mind on who I'm lynching so if you've got an argument place it now.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:16 am

Post by Donempire »

And who is it?
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Donempire »

Nevermind actually. I cant read.
Formerly Dongempire
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:17 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

CC I'm pretty sure you're the obvious lynch tomorrow so yeah you might want to start putting your diorama together.

VOTE: pema

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”