Newbie 1952: Government (Endgame)

Karnage
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1325  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:13 am

@Neza for whatever reason I was telling myself the if I just said WE, everybody would think I was referring to “we” as scum. I thought putting that there would help but I guess not lol

Nezahualpilli
Goon

Post Post #1326  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:17 am

Any reasons for me being N1 killed? teacher only told us in dead chat that there was next to no discussion on the topic other than you guys thinking that Datisi would be protected, and thus I was second choice.

NaCl
Goon

Post Post #1327  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:23 am

I just thought you were generally townread. And to me, it felt like there was a lot of people who weren't, and we're viable for lunches, while you wouldn't really be.

NaCl
Goon

Post Post #1328  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 am

Were, not we're.

Nezahualpilli
Goon

Post Post #1329  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:27 am

Yeah, that's what chenni said too, that I was pretty much Innocent Child. WELP.

Karnage
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 am

In post 1329, Nezahualpilli wrote:Yeah, that's what chenni said too, that I was pretty much Innocent Child. WELP.

Eating the kill N1 as VT is a badge of honor

Doctor Watson
Goon

Post Post #1331  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 am

Ggwp, sorry for the game, I didn't play that well this game. I'm assuming NaCl killed me on N2. I probably would have blocked you if I wasn't so paranoid about Icon.

Cerise actually quoted my post about how Karnage was townreading NaCl on D1 for revealing my gambit. That was probably the only time I considered a Karnage/Salt pairing. I don't know why but I was I felt off with your D1 play, NaCl. But no one really looked at you so I never pushed for it when I should have.

Doctor Watson
Goon

Post Post #1332  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am

I was really suspicious of a lot of people D1, pushing on Datisi for her saying Grimm is town but putting him as her 4th person in line to lynch.

@icon: I never voted for my townreads, I just never made it clear that they became null. I think that was what really annoyed me that you kept pushing me for that reason.

Cerise
Goon

Post Post #1333  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:03 am

I think this one's a solid lol me. Wish I had pushed Karnage harder instead of letting Ico happen, but hey, that's life.

GG to scum. Salt got me pretty good lol.

I enjoyed playing with you all. Obviously shoutouts to Datisi for trying to drag us over the finish line, even if in the end we were too heavy.

Thanks to teacher for modding.

Cerise
Goon

Post Post #1334  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:04 am

In post 1325, Karnage wrote:@Neza for whatever reason I was telling myself the if I just said WE, everybody would think I was referring to “we” as scum. I thought putting that there would help but I guess not lol

I'm loling that that was a legitimate slip, though.

Datisi
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1335  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:12 am

In post 1333, Cerise wrote:I enjoyed playing with you all. Obviously shoutouts to Datisi for trying to drag us over the finish line, even if in the end we were too heavy.

Bah, I feel like dragged us over the edge of the cliff. :lol:

Thanks for the idea for the meme earlier, though. In the end, at least the middle panel was accurate. :facepalm:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again.
You can come back and be like “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor” and I will go “okay, Locke kill it is then”
~Menalque

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:28 am

Bad luck datisi, if it’s any consolation I’m p sure I’ve heard icon described as “the most mislynchable player on site” before, so I think a lot of people would have gone for that too :P

Datisi
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 am

Meh, I believed that I knew how to read him after X games we played in together, but I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can come back and be like “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor” and I will go “okay, Locke kill it is then”
~Menalque

Doctor Watson
Goon

Post Post #1338  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:52 am

If you looked at my PT, I was so convinced that Icon was scum. I also fid a 180 degrees on Cerise. On D3 it just looked to me that Salt was scum with either Icon or Karnage.

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Great job Karnage and Salt. That was awesome.

I wish I had played this better but eh there is next time.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:34 pm

hi! i followed this game.

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:36 pm

In post 1323, Datisi wrote:I read it as "I will be claiming a PR you dumb fucks, so leave us some time to lynch someone else."

Why can't I ever find the PR's like this when I'm scum lol

would be nice if finding the PR got you the W :/

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:37 pm

i think salt was able to afford being obvscum during lylo because of the way they played.

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:38 pm

also i wasn't magically good in dead thread - i got a huge spoiler that trivialized the game for me :/

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:09 pm

You asked.

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1345  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm

yeah I expected town to lose this

i was 100% sure Karnage was scum and unsure if it was Ico/NACL for the other.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:03 pm

In post 1344, teacher wrote:You asked.

yeah true

Cerise
Goon

Post Post #1347  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 pm

In post 1335, Datisi wrote:
In post 1333, Cerise wrote:I enjoyed playing with you all. Obviously shoutouts to Datisi for trying to drag us over the finish line, even if in the end we were too heavy.

Bah, I feel like dragged us over the edge of the cliff. :lol:

Thanks for the idea for the meme earlier, though. In the end, at least the middle panel was accurate. :facepalm:

Eh, there's a limited amount one person can do when multiple people are checked out in lylo (myself included). It was a valiant effort.

And heh. It was a good meme.

Datisi
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:11 am

Ironically enough, the question I couldn't answer for Icon is the same question town!me kept screaming in different game (where I got mislynched) that nobody was able to answer either: "Who's the partner?"
- Salt didn't make any sense with anyone but Karnage.
- if it was Cerise, Karnage probably would've died Day 1.
- if it was Karnage, the more I thought about their play today, the more it seemed like they were shooting themselves in the foot after Icon'd flip Goon.
- obviously wasn't me.

Umm I mean I totally knew who scum was I'm just trying to help with the newd3 statistics haha yeah youre welcome
~Menalque

Nezahualpilli
Goon

Post Post #1349  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am

Interesting. After what I thought was the PT slip, I thought that Iconeum/Salt made a lot of sense. Here's my post about possible Iconeum/Salt team that I was going to post Day 2, but just posted in dead thread in frustration:

696: ...........this post has honestly been bothering me the entire Night cycle. I still do think this is a Private Topic slip. Because it doesn't make sense contextually.

Near end of Day 1:

Iconeum and Datisi have been very chummy (sorry, I honestly couldn't think of a better word) with each other, especially evident with the series of posts of Iconeum's 656, Datisi's 658, and Iconeum's and Datisi's 660 and 661 respectively. I think it is fair to say there is a fair amount of trust between the two of them.

670 - I had stated compromise and intent to hammer Grimm 4.5 hours before Day end, unless objections were made.
671 - Datisi makes objection because she would be available near the deadline of Day 1. I concede in 672.
674 - Iconeum tells us to make sure that a lynch happens today.
690 - Cerise has also stated capability to hammer if necessary.

At this point, I think it has been made clear enough that Datisi or Cerise will be taking care of the hammer.

In between this and hammer, Grimm claims VT. And Datisi and Cerise chat about Cerise's reads.

Even if Iconeum didn't trust Cerise, it is fair to say that a certain level of trust had been established between him and Datisi, enough trust that they put together a things-to-do-together bucket list, enough that I would like to assume that he believed before he left 6-7 hours ago she would be competent enough to not forget to hammer before Day 1 end.

Therefore, for this reason and the circumstances surrounding the end of Day 1, I believe Iconeum's 696 to be a Private Topic slip, and not a comment meant for this game.

As for who I think Iconeum's partner is, I think it's NaCl.

Taking a look at the Grimm wagon, before Datisi had hammered, excluding Iconeum himself, Karnage, NaCl, and Doctor Watson were present.

Considering the other wagon was that for Doctor Watson, it is safe to say Iconeum was not telling Doctor Watson to move from the Grimm wagon to a wagon to his own death. I also have screenies of Doctor Watson's last visited time on his profile at the moment of me calling out Iconeum for PT slip, if you guys would like that.

Looking at Karnage's ISO, he has been pushing for a Grimm lynch for the majority of Day 1. Minus a short instance of him voting for Iconeum because Ico had stating intent to hammer Karnage but without having good scumreads himself (338), he has been pushing for Grimm lynch, and would have very little reason to justify jumping onto the Doctor Watson wagon.

_____

On the other hand, NaCl has said the following:
In post 591, NaCl wrote:But yeah, I like Watson less...and unfortunately, I like Grimmbat less as well.
I spent a bit looking though 1949 and the scum pt, I'm less convinced of Datisi as scum. But at this point my thoughts feel so jumbled up that I don't really know what's what anymore.
I feel kind of icky, because I'm feeling Karnage and Neza rise in my reads, not because of anything they've done, but because of what others have done.

Right now, I'm okay with lynching pretty much any of the people who've got a few votes right now, but I don't feel good about it.

In post 610, NaCl wrote:I kind of prefer the people on the Grimmbat wagon, so I'll go with this...
Grimm>Watson for my lynch preference, I'm not really for CJ right now.

Unlike Karnage nor Doctor Watson, NaCl had previously expressed a willingness to jump onto the Doctor Watson wagon.

Thus, I believe the scum pair to be Iconeum/NaCl.
~A Reminder to Myself~
"Then I solemn vow to never again replace into a game that is already rife with content."

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games