Open 720: NOIR

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Iconeum
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1175  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:49 am

In post 1174, the worst wrote:I asked who you're TRing BESIDES those two. ;) give me something interesting.

Also fluffing =/= not sorting. Check my ISO, my lynchpool is narrowing which is exciting!



Here's something interesting: I'm not townreading Quick and sando. I think one of these is scum.
Fear me!

the worst
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1176  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:07 am

Talk me about it?
Also who uou think is maybe town?

Iconeum
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1177  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 am

Moro likely town. His big entrance pinged me as town, and is obviously making effort in solving the game. I don't agree with his entire readlist though.

Pintu I read as town. Mostly because of how genuine his posts sound. Not really because of the content.

I think there is a TvS in the worst/oxy.
Fear me!

pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 03, 2018
Location: Chile
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1178  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 am

In post 1169, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1129, MOMOMEN wrote:RN Eddie head is about at

{Quick, Sando} - and by the way, if NM is scum Quick is still hard town.
{Oxy, Piss} - If Mutant and TW end up being town, Oxy is likely scum but I don't want him to be I love him </3
{NM, Pintu} - townreads for garbage reasons. Mostly just gut ping town.
{random} - null, but I want to call this slot town for no reason.
{CJ}
{TW, Ico, Alonzo, Mutant} - kill this pool with fire and if it doesn't have at least 2 of the scum i'll be very surprised

In your bottom bracket i'd be putting the 4-some of Mutant/Sando/Pintu/Alonzo.

In post 1177, Iconeum wrote:
Pintu I read as town. Mostly because of how genuine his posts sound. Not really because of the content.

So are you scumreading me or townreading me? Inconsistency is pretty scummy, you know... Because scum has to fake scumreads, while town just say what they are thinking

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1179  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:13 am

In post 1178, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 1169, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1129, MOMOMEN wrote:RN Eddie head is about at

{Quick, Sando} - and by the way, if NM is scum Quick is still hard town.
{Oxy, Piss} - If Mutant and TW end up being town, Oxy is likely scum but I don't want him to be I love him </3
{NM, Pintu} - townreads for garbage reasons. Mostly just gut ping town.
{random} - null, but I want to call this slot town for no reason.
{CJ}
{TW, Ico, Alonzo, Mutant} - kill this pool with fire and if it doesn't have at least 2 of the scum i'll be very surprised

In your bottom bracket i'd be putting the 4-some of Mutant/Sando/Pintu/Alonzo.

In post 1177, Iconeum wrote:
Pintu I read as town. Mostly because of how genuine his posts sound. Not really because of the content.

So are you scumreading me or townreading me? Inconsistency is pretty scummy, you know... Because scum has to fake scumreads, while town just say what they are thinking


So the real question is why people are looking at him for Rising Star?
I will give you all the tools to figure out the game, but I will not be able to figure it out myself
Have patience with me

the worst
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1180  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 am

uh who's being looked at for Rising Star

In post 1177, Iconeum wrote:I think there is a TvS in the worst/oxy.


why and which of MOMO's reads do you dislike?

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1181  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 am

In post 1180, the worst wrote:uh who's being looked at for Rising Star

In post 1177, Iconeum wrote:I think there is a TvS in the worst/oxy.


why and which of MOMO's reads do you dislike?


Ice, by some people.
I will give you all the tools to figure out the game, but I will not be able to figure it out myself
Have patience with me

the worst
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1182  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 am

wow cool, good luck Ico!

Iconeum
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1183  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 am

In post 1179, Quick wrote:
In post 1178, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 1169, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1129, MOMOMEN wrote:RN Eddie head is about at

{Quick, Sando} - and by the way, if NM is scum Quick is still hard town.
{Oxy, Piss} - If Mutant and TW end up being town, Oxy is likely scum but I don't want him to be I love him </3
{NM, Pintu} - townreads for garbage reasons. Mostly just gut ping town.
{random} - null, but I want to call this slot town for no reason.
{CJ}
{TW, Ico, Alonzo, Mutant} - kill this pool with fire and if it doesn't have at least 2 of the scum i'll be very surprised

In your bottom bracket i'd be putting the 4-some of Mutant/Sando/Pintu/Alonzo.

In post 1177, Iconeum wrote:
Pintu I read as town. Mostly because of how genuine his posts sound. Not really because of the content.

So are you scumreading me or townreading me? Inconsistency is pretty scummy, you know... Because scum has to fake scumreads, while town just say what they are thinking


So the real question is why people are looking at him for Rising Star?


I'm actually pretty sure I messed up somewhere, but will have to correct it tomorrow after I get home to my notes.
Stay tuned :oops:
In post 1182, the worst wrote:wow cool, good luck Ico!


with what?
Fear me!

the worst
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1184  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 am

rising starrrrr

MOMOMEN
Goon
 
Joined: April 13, 2018

Post Post #1185  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:40 am

vla ice storm celltowers and wifi down

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1186  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 am

In post 1185, MOMOMEN wrote:vla ice storm celltowers and wifi down

Noted. Stay safe.
"I just want to play mafia, not Economics Wonderland." - cytheflyguy


Dynamic Duo Mafia is coming to the Micro Queue very soon! Be ready!

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1187  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

In post 1050, MOMOMEN wrote:^ look at what i mean. overarticulation, but i also forgot to mention wishy washy reads.

You STILL haven't even checked out the meta on me you've asked for have you?

I always over-articulate.
My reads are (almost) always shit.

Neither of these are AI for me. If anything, good reads are probably more indicative that I know everyone's alignments than bad ones.


MOMOMEN, may I just ask why you asked me to link you my past games as both alignments when you clearly haven't checked them out?
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1188  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 am

In post 1051, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 1005, mutantdevle wrote:Ladder of town reads down to scum reads:

{Oxy, Sando}
{Quick, the worst}
{Alonso}
{MOMOMEN, Not_Mafia, randommidget, Iconeum}
{Ceejay}
{Korina, Pintu}


What did Alonzo do that puts him higher than half the player list? Why is korina still at the bottom despite the fact that there is nothing to read on her for days now (if you have something earlier in the game that points to her being scum, I'd like to see it)? Do you have anything more concrete on Pintu than "my gut says so"? Also would like to see something on why The_Worst is a tr.

Point out where I've been critical of other people's readlists?

1. His interactions and criticisms of the worst
2. For the very reason that there had been nothing to read for days.
3. RVS scum claim, the shit logic/case against Quick and the slight scum hunting.
^^ Just to say, why are you only now questioning/criticising my read on Korina when it's been nothing higher than a scum lean all game. This just screams opportunistic scum from you.
4. No
5. Because he seems to have a town attitude and has been consistently townie posting throughout the game. However, other's points about him have made me doubt him enough to have this read as purely a lean rather than a full town read.
^^ Also again, why only question this now and not the multiple occasions throughout the game where I have stated my town read/lean on the worst. You're just trying to give the impression that you REALLY think I'm scummy to justify your position on my wagon.
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1189  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

Mutant prolly Town here. I like what he is laying down and I find it unlikely he has this good of content as Scum. That's my read atm.
I will give you all the tools to figure out the game, but I will not be able to figure it out myself
Have patience with me

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1190  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 am

In post 1055, Sando wrote:mutant hasn't, he's kept us quite nicely tbh. He responds in a once a day huge-post rather than sticking it out in real time, but that seems to be his style rather than a tactic.

Just saying, that isn't intentional. I reply as and when I can but sleeping and college means I'm not always able to for quite a few hours at a time. One difference between this game and most though is that this game gets so many new posts during that time that I don't bother checking the thread when not at my PC meaning I'm not phone posting like I usually do.
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1191  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am

In post 1057, MOMOMEN wrote:overarticulation is part of devle's wolf range. yes, i read all the gamess he linked, and this seems to align with his wolf game.

I have no idea how you can read all my games and reach this conclusion... I've always felt that I have so much more to say when I'm town.
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1192  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 am

In post 1066, Quick wrote:
In post 1063, MOMOMEN wrote:
In post 1058, Quick wrote:
In post 1057, MOMOMEN wrote:overarticulation is part of devle's wolf range. yes, i read all the gamess he linked, and this seems to align with his wolf game.


Links or it didn't happen.

I didn't post the above, but it literally says the games he linked so I'm not sure what links you're asking for


Obviously I am looking for examples of how his game is similar/different here.

I too would like examples of how you think over articulation is a scum trait of mine; there have been so many town games where I have over articulated way more than what I have this game.

If this is genuinely your opinion then that just tells me you looked at my meta with huge confirmation bias.
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1193  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:58 am

In post 1070, Oxy wrote:
In post 1043, Sando wrote:Dis, why is this a bad thing? Hey people who I think are scummy are on the wagon...that makes me dubious. Why is that bad logic?

His whole post is "Look at how I'm analyzing the wagon to decide if it's likely a good wagon or not. Isn't that townie?" but he couldn't have actually analyzed the wagon because then he would know who and how many votes were on there.

And he says this is normal for him

but for whom is faking wagon analysis a town tell?

Dude... I wasn't faking wagon analysis, that's not what I meant at all.

I was analysing whether or not I should join the wagon based on how much I trust the people on it to make the right call. I knew I wasn't in a position to hammer and I knew that it wasn't L-1 so the number of people on the wagon meant nothing to me. I apologise if myself overlooking the maths that you + me on the wagon = N_M lolhammer bothers you.

And the part I was referring to as normal for me was small mistakes like this and misjudgements in logic.
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

Oxy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2018

Post Post #1194  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 pm

In post 1193, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1070, Oxy wrote:snip

Dude... I wasn't faking wagon analysis, that's not what I meant at all.

I was analysing whether or not I should join the wagon based on how much I trust the people on it to make the right call. I knew I wasn't in a position to hammer and I knew that it wasn't L-1 so the number of people on the wagon meant nothing to me. I apologise if myself overlooking the maths that you + me on the wagon = N_M lolhammer bothers you.

And the part I was referring to as normal for me was small mistakes like this and misjudgements in logic.


Yeah, but just previously you were engaging with NM and discussing him quick hammering

That's why it's difficult for me to believe that town!mutantdevle would fail to make that connection when analyzing the wagon

And why it's easy for me to believe that scum!mutantdevle did a cursory comparison of his readlist and the wagon

But didn't put in enough thought to realize the implications.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1195  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm

In post 1194, Oxy wrote:That's why it's difficult for me to believe that town!mutantdevle would fail to make that connection when analyzing the wagon


These reads are usually garbage ftr.
I will give you all the tools to figure out the game, but I will not be able to figure it out myself
Have patience with me

MOMOMEN
Goon
 
Joined: April 13, 2018

Post Post #1196  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm

In post 1191, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1057, MOMOMEN wrote:overarticulation is part of devle's wolf range. yes, i read all the gamess he linked, and this seems to align with his wolf game.

I have no idea how you can read all my games and reach this conclusion... I've always felt that I have so much more to say when I'm town.

except, y'know, you actually reach conclusions? here, you over articulate but never reach a proper conclusion. "yeah, i guess he could be scum, but i think he's town, too, idk." it's like entirely your wolf range whereas when your villa when you overarticulate or make attempts to solve, you actually reach logical conclusions and have the effect of at least decent gamesolving. you act like i didn't read your games in detail like everyone else. i don't bullshit, son.

MOMOMEN
Goon
 
Joined: April 13, 2018

Post Post #1197  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:09 pm

In post 1196, MOMOMEN wrote:
In post 1191, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1057, MOMOMEN wrote:overarticulation is part of devle's wolf range. yes, i read all the gamess he linked, and this seems to align with his wolf game.

I have no idea how you can read all my games and reach this conclusion... I've always felt that I have so much more to say when I'm town.

except, y'know, you actually reach conclusions? here, you over articulate but never reach a proper conclusion. "yeah, i guess he could be scum, but i think he's town, too, idk." it's like entirely your wolf range whereas when your villa when you overarticulate or make attempts to solve, you actually reach logical conclusions and have the effect of at least decent gamesolving. you act like i didn't read your games in detail like everyone else. i don't bullshit, son.

- kts

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1198  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm

In post 1194, Oxy wrote:
In post 1193, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1070, Oxy wrote:snip

Dude... I wasn't faking wagon analysis, that's not what I meant at all.

I was analysing whether or not I should join the wagon based on how much I trust the people on it to make the right call. I knew I wasn't in a position to hammer and I knew that it wasn't L-1 so the number of people on the wagon meant nothing to me. I apologise if myself overlooking the maths that you + me on the wagon = N_M lolhammer bothers you.

And the part I was referring to as normal for me was small mistakes like this and misjudgements in logic.


Yeah, but just previously you were engaging with NM and discussing him quick hammering

That's why it's difficult for me to believe that town!mutantdevle would fail to make that connection when analyzing the wagon

And why it's easy for me to believe that scum!mutantdevle did a cursory comparison of his readlist and the wagon

But didn't put in enough thought to realize the implications.

If your argument was that I had done this on purpose then I'd understand your point of view. But what you're saying, and correctly, is that I made a mistake. But you're arguing that I'd only make this mistake as scum. What I'm arguing is that this mistake is NAI for me at all. I've made a fair few mistakes like this as both alignments and I imagine I always will.

Like seriously, can y'all stop accusing me of scum for things that are NAI? You all need to accept that you can't read me like any other player. I have a history and a meta of not conforming to site meta and doing things in my own wonky way. If you can't understand that about me, then you're not only going to make things difficult for this game, but also any future games we play together.
Role Design Committee is now in the mini them queue. PM me to pre-in!

MOMOMEN
Goon
 
Joined: April 13, 2018

Post Post #1199  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 pm

the amount of times that i've heard a player say "you can't read me like any other players lol." that's exactly the point of meta, you're not another player. you are you, and that makes you special. it just doesn't make you lynch immune lmao.

- kts

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park