Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Klick »

So here’s my hot take based on a skin of D1 and a thorough read of D2/D3:

1) The “these people aren’t wolves because they know the Seer’s meta” assertions are bullshit. They make the assumption that certain people would act in exact ways with their choice of NK. the worst was one out of nine targets for the wolves N1, and we can’t clear people based on their inability to zone in on the Seer. Frankly, delving into pint’s ISO, I’d say the motivation for the kill is obvious regardless of AP’s partner: pint seemed to have a scumlean on AP and was a strong poster.

2) UD is town. Every post he’s made in the past three game days has been extremely genuine and I don’t see him rounding out either of the remaining scumteams. He’s obviously not a wolf (which most people seem to agree with at this point) due to interactions with AP on D2; there’s so little synergy between their posting that I’d be floored if UD’s a wolf. I feel he’s town because his posting doesn’t come across as being paired with anyone, and hasn’t the entire game. He’s thinking entirely about how his slot can benefit town. As scum with RR I feel like his D2/D3 posts would be much less self-centered and focused more on letting RR carry their team to victory, considering the enormous amount of heat on UD at that point. If anything he’s been posting like a wolf would since then, except he’s not because his interactions with AP make zero sense for him to be a wolf.

I intended to say more in this post but I have to go. For now:
VOTE: skitter

I’m leaning towards skitter as the wolf. I don’t think he’s Mafia - RR’s push on skitter the entire time he was alive looked like a genuine push on a suspected wolf as opposed to a bus - but I think he makes a lot of sense as AP’s partner. I’ll go into detail on it later.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Pine »

VOTE: Skitter
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1773, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 1678, Ruby Red wrote:p r o d g e

This pretty much screams to me that skitter isn't mafia...
Yeah, the reason I was scumreading her is because her scumread on me didn't feel real and didn't feel like any of the *other* six billion times she scumread me.

--
In post 1775, Klick wrote:1) The “these people aren’t wolves because they know the Seer’s meta” assertions are bullshit. They make the assumption that certain people would act in exact ways with their choice of NK. the worst was one out of nine targets for the wolves N1, and we can’t clear people based on their inability to zone in on the Seer. Frankly, delving into pint’s ISO, I’d say the motivation for the kill is obvious regardless of AP’s partner: pint seemed to have a scumlean on AP and was a strong poster.
I'm not really clearing anyone for that reason so much as thinking it makes them less likely to be a wolf

Also at this point that logic only really applies to your slot and me anyways and I'm townreading your slot for other reasons, so yeah

--
In post 1775, Klick wrote:I’m leaning towards skitter as the wolf. I don’t think he’s Mafia - RR’s push on skitter the entire time he was alive looked like a genuine push on a suspected wolf as opposed to a bus - but I think he makes a lot of sense as AP’s partner. I’ll go into detail on it later.
a) she

b) that wasn't a genuine push on me from her; I'd link you but I don't remember if her main is public. Honestly, that wasn't a genuine push from her on *anyone,* which is why I was dubious about tw wanting to townread her

c) I'd like to hear more about why you think I'm a wolf given that I think that pairing is literally nonsensical

d) what do you think about pine?

e) I don't really think ud bleeds town like you think he does. I'm pretty sure that pine's scum and the more I think about it the more I think nm probably is too tbh. That's gut though since I can't read him for shit.

--
In post 1776, Pine wrote:VOTE: Skitter
Oh good, more of the not-interacting-with-me thing.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:22 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Well that's shit.

VOTE: Pine
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:45 am

Post by UglyDuck »

This is the point where I want to remind everyone that the dancing cow will prob auto hammer anything, so both players are "L-1" rn.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 1773, ceejayvinoya wrote:

This pretty much screams to me that skitter isn't mafia...
BS - at that point, Mafia would try to create as much dissonance as possible.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:50 am

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 1775, Klick wrote:So here’s my hot take based on a skin of D1 and a thorough read of D2/D3:

1) The “these people aren’t wolves because they know the Seer’s meta” assertions are bullshit. They make the assumption that certain people would act in exact ways with their choice of NK. the worst was one out of nine targets for the wolves N1, and we can’t clear people based on their inability to zone in on the Seer. Frankly, delving into pint’s ISO, I’d say the motivation for the kill is obvious regardless of AP’s partner: pint seemed to have a scumlean on AP and was a strong poster.

2) UD is town. Every post he’s made in the past three game days has been extremely genuine and I don’t see him rounding out either of the remaining scumteams. He’s obviously not a wolf (which most people seem to agree with at this point) due to interactions with AP on D2; there’s so little synergy between their posting that I’d be floored if UD’s a wolf. I feel he’s town because his posting doesn’t come across as being paired with anyone, and hasn’t the entire game. He’s thinking entirely about how his slot can benefit town. As scum with RR I feel like his D2/D3 posts would be much less self-centered and focused more on letting RR carry their team to victory, considering the enormous amount of heat on UD at that point. If anything he’s been posting like a wolf would since then, except he’s not because his interactions with AP make zero sense for him to be a wolf.

I intended to say more in this post but I have to go. For now:

I’m leaning towards skitter as the wolf. I don’t think he’s Mafia - RR’s push on skitter the entire time he was alive looked like a genuine push on a suspected wolf as opposed to a bus - but I think he makes a lot of sense as AP’s partner. I’ll go into detail on it later.
You're smart - Would love a read list when you have the time - your predecessor really did not give that much.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Lols. Fumuki has more posts and content than most of us...
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Dissonance? Wtf? RubyRed has been trying to get skitter lynched ever since she joined the game...
In post 1001, Ruby Red wrote:one second, reading isos

uglyduck is v
In post 1002, Ruby Red wrote:skitter is a wolf

In post 1082, Ruby Red wrote:
In post 1033, skitter30 wrote:hiya ruby. Why do you think I'm scum?
posts like this

not seeing any of the in-depth thoughts from splatoon mafia (granted, can't say i actually read all of them, but the ones i did were definitely were in-depth)
In post 1106, Ruby Red wrote:nah

i originally wanted to do a fake hammer but that vc fucked it up + i think people on the wagon moved their votes anyways

felt good to caps a vote

VOTE: SKITTER
In post 1291, Ruby Red wrote:prodge busy, skitter iis stil la wolf btw

Skitter may be wolf (very unlikely tho I think) but she's definitely not mafia.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Scrap that. Skitter couldn't be wolf too. She led the lynch on AP even before the seer claimed.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Klick »

@skitter:

First of all, I apologize, I’ll adjust my pronoun usage :)

In general I’m sensing a disconnect between different points you bring up in your posts. There was the one last page that I still feel odd about (you say it’s sarcastic but go on to say there’s a legitimate chance Pine’s not reading the game - it’s hard for me to buy into your thought process), and your comments in your most recent post about Ruby Red don’t quite piece together. You’re confident RR’s read on you wasn’t real, yet it’s essentially the only thing she pushes during this game and you say it’s different than the other times she’s pushed you. You’ve got a sense of confidence about your thoughts here that confuses me.

Anyway, more on why I suspect you’re the wolf. It centers around your interactions with AP on D2. There’s a large shift in your attitude this game from your very first post on D2 - you smack your vote on AP and never take it off. The impression I have is that you decided you were going to be pushing AP during the night phase, regardless of your alignment. From the moment you vote AP to the moment tw claims the guilty on him, you focus in on AP hard, and AP focuses right back on you. You’re making arguments, but generally they’re not persuading anyone, and no one else joins your wagon. You make the comment shortly before tw claims that you don’t think AP is going to be the day’s lynch.

Here is what I suspect: you and AP spoke N1 and decided you were going to bus him. You were going to start the day with a vote on him and leave it there. Either it goes through and you get a large amount of towncred for being the leader of the wagon, or it fails and you can safely jump onto a compromise vote while solidifying anti-synergy between the two of you. You were likely banking on the latter and suspected that would wind up happening, but when tw claimed the guilty, you had to roll with it.

The abrupt shift in your posts and AP’s on D2 is what really sells me on it. That, along with the feeling of general dissonance in your most recent posts, leaves me confident in you being the wolf.

My phone is dying. But people asked for other reads. As I’ve said here I believe skitter is the wolf. UD reads as town to me; ceejay seems to at least not be ww, I’d have to look in more detail to have confidence in him as town... but let’s call it leaning town for now? I have no idea how to read NM whatsoever, and the Pine slot is troubling me; nothing Pine himself has done makes me feel particularly good about him, and I need to look at his predecessors more closely. So I’d say mafia is likely between NM and Pine. The one thing that gives me pause on skitter!ww is that we’ve come to the same conclusions on our reads on our own, which I usually consider a towntell. I’d say that’s less of a factor in multiball and it’s more likely he’s confident in exactly one of Pine or NM being mafia.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Klick »

...she, in the last sentence. I’m so sorry.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1784, ceejayvinoya wrote:Scrap that. Skitter couldn't be wolf too. She led the lynch on AP even before the seer claimed.
Hmmm

That's actually a pretty solid point.

UNVOTE:

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Maybe it's ceejay
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1785, Klick wrote:In general I’m sensing a disconnect between different points you bring up in your posts. There was the one last page that I still feel odd about (you say it’s sarcastic but go on to say there’s a legitimate chance Pine’s not reading the game - it’s hard for me to buy into your thought process), and your comments in your most recent post about Ruby Red don’t quite piece together. You’re confident RR’s read on you wasn’t real, yet it’s essentially the only thing she pushes during this game and you say it’s different than the other times she’s pushed you. You’ve got a sense of confidence about your thoughts here that confuses me.
I think he's reading the game and following along but only responding to the things that are useful to him.
In post 1784, ceejayvinoya wrote:Scrap that. Skitter couldn't be wolf too. She led the lynch on AP even before the seer claimed.
Like this has been talked to death over the past month. I said it multiple times yestrday, I eventually got sando to agree with this yesterday, tw agreed with me day2.
In post 1787, Pine wrote:
Hmmm

That's actually a pretty solid point.

UNVOTE:
Like I just don't buy that he's *just* considering this now when it's been a major topic of discussion for literally dayphases and he's interacting with the thread and with other posters. Like I'm saying that the only way this makes sense to me if he isn't scum and isn't doing this on purpose is if he's only reading some random posts and literally ignoring all the other ones and all other context and like .... he just doesn't seem like the type of dude to do that. And like, he's ignoring me pointing out that this is what he's doing when he's clearly reading the thread.

I don't know how to elaborate on the ruby red thing without talking about her main. I've played with town!her a lot on her main. She scumreads me practically every time, and she's always wrong, but she usually re-evaluates. Sometimes she comes to the right conclusion, sometimes not. Here she just declared me scum without interacting with me at all - she was complaining that I wasn't behaving the way I usually do day1, which was true for irl reasons, but I was behaving the way she's familiar with how town!me behaves day2 and day3 and there was just no re-evaluation at any point.

She also like never laser-focuses on one player and declares them scum and then disappears for weeks as town without really pushing them or having a reads progression or exhibiting reevaluation. She doesn't like focus in on one person but is instead open to re-evaluation and like listening to people and interacting with people and like ... trying to gamesolve. She's good enough to be BoP'd and her only having the one read (that I know is wrong) and not pushing anything else was just a major red flag.

--
In post 1785, Klick wrote:Anyway, more on why I suspect you’re the wolf. It centers around your interactions with AP on D2. There’s a large shift in your attitude this game from your very first post on D2 - you smack your vote on AP and never take it off. The impression I have is that you decided you were going to be pushing AP during the night phase, regardless of your alignment. From the moment you vote AP to the moment tw claims the guilty on him, you focus in on AP hard, and AP focuses right back on you. You’re making arguments, but generally they’re not persuading anyone, and no one else joins your wagon. You make the comment shortly before tw claims that you don’t think AP is going to be the day’s lynch.
Idk what to say beyond that I'm good at reading AP and the one and only time I read him wrong was the first time I ever played with him; I've since read him correctly as scum, figured out his alt (ie I figured out who AP was on alt for), and read him correctly as town on meta when he was deliberately changing his playstyle on the alt.

Also if I was scum with AP I never bus him since he has a much better scumgame than me. If there's any bussing either way he busses me (especially given how *I* was the one under suspicion at the end of day1), although I think we'd try to avoid that tbh.

Yes, I really was *that* sure at the start of day2 because he doesn't play that way as town. And I was trying quite hard to get him lynched, thank you very much. And I think he was trying to stave me off at daystart because he knows from the last time we did this that I'm really that stubborn and that I'll just keep shouting this to anyone who would listen till dayend.

Like from my POV wolf!me bussing AP is asinine given that: a) I figured out tw was the seer day1 and didn't kill him b) I started the day voting my partner c) I asked the seer (who coincidentally had a guilty on my partner) why he wasn't voting my partner d) I support the seer once he outs a guilty on my partner e) I repeatedly tell my partner that his plan is stupid

and just like ... this is so beyond hilariously out of my scumrange and something that I honestly can't imagine myself doing ever. And like ... I can't imagine being so *stubborn* and *forceful* about it. Like if I majorly suspect that tw is the seer I don't like ... direct him at AP and try to convince him to wagon him with me.
In post 1785, Klick wrote:The abrupt shift in your posts and AP’s on D2 is what really sells me on it. That, along with the feeling of general dissonance in your most recent posts, leaves me confident in you being the wolf.
also, the shift in my posts was an irl thing and I believe I said that multiple times at that point of the game.

--
In post 1785, Klick wrote:ceejay seems to at least not be ww, I’d have to look in more detail to have confidence in him as town... but let’s call it leaning town for now?
ceejay isn't maf because pin was gunning for him day1
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

VOTE: Skitter

At this point the information from the flip is almost as important as the chance she is WW
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

VOTE COUNT - 4.1
Pine
- skitter30, ceejayvinoya
skitter30
- Klick, UglyDuck
ceejayvinoya
-
UglyDuck
-
Not_Mafia
-
Klick
-

Not Voting

Pine, Not_Mafia,

With 6 alive it takes 4 for a lynch and 3 for no lynch.
Day 4 ends in (expired on 2018-07-03 18:19:00)
[/b][/color]
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1790, UglyDuck wrote:VOTE: Skitter

At this point the information from the flip is almost as important as the chance she is WW
Garbage vote
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

a) why do you think I'm the wolf?

b) what sort of information, pray tell, do you think you'll be gaining from my flip?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Lols.

I'm sooo darn tempted to lynch UD and call it a day.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Pine »

Right?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I want to lynch Pine though, and failing that, NM
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 1792, Not_Mafia wrote:

Garbage vote

Yep why do you think that?
Btw you are next.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:

Going to leave this for now, not necessarily because I’m convinced skitter’s free from suspicion, but because I need time to look at skitter’s meta and validate his claims, and I won’t have that time until the end of the weekend. In the meantime, he’s the person posting the most reasonable content right now. A lot of skitter’s response to me is based on meta so it’s difficult to respond without context of what he’s claiming. I think it’s
probably
safe to assume the meta claims are true for now until I can give them a proper check.

Going to be looking into Pine’s slot now. As it stands he, NM and ceejay are the players I’m most likely to vote; I stand by my UD townread.

@Pine: Could you talk to me about your NM townread? Because as I said before I have zero clue on how to read him, and you seem to have some idea of how to go about it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1796, skitter30 wrote:I want to lynch Pine though, and failing that, NM
Tragic

Return to “Completed Open Games”