OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:23 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 5.6

Sando (1)
~ Myloninja13,
skitter30 (0)
~
Cardi B (0)
~
Myloninja13 (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, skitter30, Cardi B, Ausuka, ofrhz

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day five will end in (expired on 2018-08-31 07:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1661, Sando wrote:Not only killed Oka, killed Oka through a doc, it's all over a weird kill.
ya that's basically my point - i don't know why they'd kill a high-draft number over someone who softed a pr very strongly in such a way that basically cc'd scum and got him lynched

==

ok i looked thru ofrhz's scumgames and my thoughts were bascially - can fake townie looking thought-processes to a certain degree and tends to ask a lot of questions and looks like he's active and interacting with other people but doesn't really take a lot of hard stances or really *push* scumreads.

in the first link he bussed his partner after he was caught fake-claiming; had previously listed him as scummy but pushed his other scumreads over him; didn't really interact with his scumbuddy till he bussed him

second - also didn't really interact with his scumpartner; did the cliche 'vote ur scumbuddy in rvs' thing; when making a readlist 'didn't have any innovative thoughts' on his partner - like had some cursory interaction with him but didn't really go anywhere with it

the first linked game was a lot better than the first imo also; second felt kinda forced actually

compared to here - kinda lightly defended vizzy (saying his posting style was nai) - i don't know if he defends partner!vizzy, and i think his scumread on him is kinda organic over time and i can see how it develops based on how vizzy (fails to) interacts with him. also starts off townreading ap, and maintains that during the ap/ausuka/pgo thing ('i'm more inclined to vote vulcan or ap, but also like... not really all that inclined to vote either.' ). i feel like scum!him would maybe hop on here but didn't; i kinda got the vibe that he finds it a little too risky to townread his scumpartners from those previous games

and then his actual ap vote is kinda flippant - i feel like ofrhz bussing him here would make more of a show about it almost

i'm also not really picking up that forced vibe; also think that he has more conviction about his positions here than there - kinda like how he popped in to say he townread vulcan just before the vulcan lynch.

also i kinda like his posting today tbh

(apologies this feels slightly awkward asking cuz i've been playing with you for while - what pronoun?)

==
In post 1664, ofrhz wrote:I think it's towny, but I can't be super sure unless I metadive Bujaber to see if he overreacts like that as town or is capable of that ate as scum.
i was thinking about this game:

Spoiler:
Subject: Open 713: Jungle Republic [Game Over]
BuJaber wrote:@thor yes. I saw that it was a pronoun discussion so I skipped over it and forgot the names being discussed.

@mod I'd like to be replaced please. I'm sorry.
Clearly there is a language barrier that I can't penetrate or wilky is being intentionally thick.
Subject: Open 713: Jungle Republic [Game Over]
BuJaber wrote:Yes I am. I'd rather replace than suicide and I just don't want to play this game anymore because I can't continue explaining the same things over and over and over again. It's not even an argument of what is scummy or not anymore as you can see. We're arguing on what the fuck my words actually mean.

second-to-last iteration of jungle republic

basically mafia!bujaber got caught by wolf!wilky and got pissed that wilky wouldn't let it up and kept pushing him and had an argument through much of day1 until he basically got fed up with trying to defend his word choices and repped out

i was thinking about his argument with sando and how he ultimately just decided to repout over a fairly innocuous post from sando () but comparing the two games now he didn't exhibit quite as much ... vitriol in the jungle republic repout, just kinda general frustration; (i hadn't really paid that much attention to the bujaber/wilky argument cuz i was having a walling 1v1 with someone else for like two weeks :lol:)

==
In post 1669, Myloninja13 wrote:Hi guys! I've replaced into the same game twice now lol.
also a townie post from mylo

==
In post 1674, Myloninja13 wrote:Yeah, it's probably not fair to call you out on differences between this one and that one lol.

I think I'm fine playing PR's (I played one game I'm SUPER proud of where I correctly watched the night kill, got tracked to prove the result and called out mafia. But for some reason I was lynched over obv!Mafia lol), but I do understand hating a type of role lol.
after discussing that game with sando and the town-pr thing, does that impact ur read of him here?

==

sando, i know a lot of what you think about the game from a mechanical/setup spec perspective but i'm not really sure who you're scumreading at this point.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Ausuka »

i agree that ofrhz is probably town.

skitter how strong is your tr on cardi? are you sure she's all that logical and methodological? do you think someone might try and do the fake cop thing as a last-minute attempt to look town?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1677, Ausuka wrote:are you sure she's all that logical and methodological?
uhhh this might like come off the wrong way. what i mean to say by that is that i feel like the description of cardi's play is that she's, like, VERY logical and thinks inside the box always, if that makes sense? and i feel like she might not necessarily think that way because I think that most people don't and I guess I don't really get that impression. i think it makes more sense to think outside the box there as scum anyway, because like playing totally normally isn't going to win the game in a position like that.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Cardi B »

Yeah I like what I seen from ofrhz

is a good theoretical thought about somethin they would know as scum
is believable and both of they eod votes look pretty convincingly not SvS to me

==
Somethin to think about as far as me being town n all that:

If yall check out post 5 of his scum topic from the PYP he played like a couple months ago, he says he should be the one getting bussed since hes bad at scum. He picked night 3 vig this time (no way for me to verify he didnt pick vengeful lmao) but he woulda bussed invisibility pretty hard if hes scum, way before invisibility was getting attention.

In that last PYP he barely mentioned partners at all and never voted one but that's also like par for the course in terms a what town was doin [Cardi avoids makin eye contact and whatnot with ausuka .... okrr ...]

Also notice he made somethin like a third of the posts in the same amount of time in this game and he replaced out bc he wasnt putting effort into the game lmao

==
I really gotta figure out somethin to do with mylo
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

@ausuka:

yeah tending town on ofrhz

i dont' know who she is (was thinking nsg but apparently that isn't a thing), but if you strip away the cardi gimmick, her thought process / playstyle / questions that she's asking / mindset kinda reminds me of how i play and how i approach the game, and, like, i would never do that as scum in that position

like some people i can see doing that, no problem - ap, sure, duckling, sure

other people not so much and she's not really fitting into the above category for me

i'm just having a really hard time seeing her do that and chance her game on a failed cop-claim without thinking it through better or like figuring out how to maintain it long-term. it's like it's too ... messy almost, idk. also the way she retracted it - starting the day voting vulcan - i don't know if i see her as scum upon retracting her hypo-inno being ballsy enough to then push that

it would be easier if i knew who she was so i could check her meta, but i can't, so i'm basing it on what i see here

also *independent* of the claim i think she's been really really townie these past couple of days; i feel like she, almost more than anyone else alive right now, is trying to solve the game. like the claim itself is kinda icky and wifom-y as anything but like holistically i just think she's kinda town tbh

and in sando/music/cardi i want to lynch her the least i think

i would feel kinda :/ losing this to scum!cardi and the bad fake-cop claim after having two scum lynches early game

but like idk i don't really think it's her tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

bleh maybe i should do a brass metadive
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

i want mylo to post more too
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1676, skitter30 wrote:ok i looked thru ofrhz's scumgames and my thoughts were bascially - can fake townie looking thought-processes to a certain degree and tends to ask a lot of questions and looks like he's active and interacting with other people but doesn't really take a lot of hard stances or really *push* scumreads.

in the first link he bussed his partner after he was caught fake-claiming; had previously listed him as scummy but pushed his other scumreads over him; didn't really interact with his scumbuddy till he bussed him

second - also didn't really interact with his scumpartner; did the cliche 'vote ur scumbuddy in rvs' thing; when making a readlist 'didn't have any innovative thoughts' on his partner - like had some cursory interaction with him but didn't really go anywhere with it

the first linked game was a lot better than the first imo also; second felt kinda forced actually

compared to here - kinda lightly defended vizzy (saying his posting style was nai) - i don't know if he defends partner!vizzy, and i think his scumread on him is kinda organic over time and i can see how it develops based on how vizzy (fails to) interacts with him. also starts off townreading ap, and maintains that during the ap/ausuka/pgo thing ('i'm more inclined to vote vulcan or ap, but also like... not really all that inclined to vote either.' ). i feel like scum!him would maybe hop on here but didn't; i kinda got the vibe that he finds it a little too risky to townread his scumpartners from those previous games

and then his actual ap vote is kinda flippant - i feel like ofrhz bussing him here would make more of a show about it almost
Yeah my impression was that they just try to emulate what they thinkin as town when they scum and vote partners when they think its natural rather than like strategically. Check out this post and this one from them in a scum PT. This game really feel dissonant from that, like they would be bussin strategically bc there was a wagon on vizzy/AP and not bc they thought they were actually scummy at that time. The thing about the light defense on vizzy feel like that also, like ofhrz said that bc they really believed it was nai if theyre scum and woulda kept sayin that instead a jumping on wagon
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Cardi B »

DAAAAM U THOUGHT I WAS NSG <3 <3 <3 IF ONLY GODDAM
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

both of ofrhz's bussing votes had a yolo-like quality to them

and in the scumgames it was more like - my partner was stuck fake-claiming so i need to be on that wagon

like it was more delibereate almost

p-edit yeah i thought i said that already like a while ago lol
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

absolutely no idea who you are lol
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Cardi B »

I was actually thinkin during n4 that like theres a ton of people that would jus tear this game apart and I could sheep them to hell n back if they replaced in

like nsg, eddie cane, duckie (he prolly know this game pretty well), katyusha, prolly brassherald if he stayed in

Few of those ppl dont play mafia anymore or sommin
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Cardi B »

Im Cardi
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

oh gosh this is bothering me

my next guess was going to be katyusha lmao

and you've been pretty good about; i like alt-hunting and i can do a lot with a few small clues. but like you haven't really dropped any

all i've got is 'someoen who's played recently - with ofrhz maybe - is familiar with a lot of this playerlist'
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: Somethin to think about as far as me being town n all that:

If yall check out post 5 of his scum topic from the PYP he played like a couple months ago, he says he should be the one getting bussed since hes bad at scum. He picked night 3 vig this time (no way for me to verify he didnt pick vengeful lmao) but he woulda bussed invisibility pretty hard if hes scum, way before invisibility was getting attention.
Uhhh. I think if you are scum and think you'll be lynched it's p normal to distance from your partners so they look townier when you flip? idk
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: In that last PYP he barely mentioned partners at all and never voted one but that's also like par for the course in terms a what town was doin
Yeah that's true but like I think he could easily play like that in one game and play differently in another.
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: [Cardi avoids makin eye contact and whatnot with ausuka .... okrr ...]
well i mean yeah. i'm an idiot and i'm terrible at mafia.
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: I really gotta figure out somethin to do with mylo
I can kinda relate to this feeling. I'm still wary of him but simultaneously part of me feels like he's town.
In post 1680, skitter30 wrote: i dont' know who she is (was thinking nsg but apparently that isn't a thing), but if you strip away the cardi gimmick, her thought process / playstyle / questions that she's asking / mindset kinda reminds me of how i play and how i approach the game, and, like, i would never do that as scum in that position

other people not so much and she's not really fitting into the above category for me

i'm just having a really hard time seeing her do that and chance her game on a failed cop-claim without thinking it through better or like figuring out how to maintain it long-term. it's like it's too ... messy almost, idk. also the way she retracted it - starting the day voting vulcan - i don't know if i see her as scum upon retracting her hypo-inno being ballsy enough to then push that

it would be easier if i knew who she was so i could check her meta, but i can't, so i'm basing it on what i see here

also *independent* of the claim i think she's been really really townie these past couple of days; i feel like she, almost more than anyone else alive right now, is trying to solve the game. like the claim itself is kinda icky and wifom-y as anything but like holistically i just think she's kinda town tbh

i would feel kinda :/ losing this to scum!cardi and the bad fake-cop claim after having two scum lynches early game

i don't get why cardi would do it as town in that case? also i don't get why cardi as scum has to like maintain the cop claim long-term? like, it was never meant to be an actual hard claim I think, and also it's kinda suicidal to keep clearing people as scum there.

i just dont know what to think i guess. i would feel that way losing to any slot in that pool after other people managed to lynch scum d1 and d2.

also i thought cardi was mathdino tbh? but probably not
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1689, skitter30 wrote:my next guess was going to be katyusha lmao
Yea she ain't playin mafia anymore I think
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1690, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: Somethin to think about as far as me being town n all that:

Uhhh. I think if you are scum and think you'll be lynched it's p normal to distance from your partners so they look townier when you flip? idk
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: In that last PYP he barely mentioned partners at all and never voted one but that's also like par for the course in terms a what town was doin
Yeah that's true but like I think he could easily play like that in one game and play differently in another.
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: [Cardi avoids makin eye contact and whatnot with ausuka .... okrr ...]
well i mean yeah. i'm an idiot and i'm terrible at mafia.
In post 1679, Cardi B wrote: I really gotta figure out somethin to do with mylo
I can kinda relate to this feeling. I'm still wary of him but simultaneously part of me feels like he's town.
In post 1680, skitter30 wrote: i dont' know who she is (was thinking nsg but apparently that isn't a thing), but if you strip away the cardi gimmick, her thought process / playstyle / questions that she's asking / mindset kinda reminds me of how i play and how i approach the game, and, like, i would never do that as scum in that position

i don't get why cardi would do it as town in that case? also i don't get why cardi as scum has to like maintain the cop claim long-term? like, it was never meant to be an actual hard claim I think, and also it's kinda suicidal to keep clearing people as scum there.
1. I don't think either of brass / vizzy were really under threat of lynch. And like he didn't do that at all in the other PYP

2. I think brass is one of those creature types that just cant think of stuff to post as scum but I cbf to check that out rn

3. Yall great. I dunno if I woulda realized the PGO think in your position

5. I think I laid out in kinda a lot of detail why I did that
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:36 am

Post by Ausuka »

i mean yeah but like you don't have to be under pressure to distance, scum just like distance for no reason all the time I think, especially if they think they'll get lynched at some point?

and uhhh for the last point that's not really what i meant? it's probably a stupid question but like if it's supposed to be a gambit that you as scum wouldn't do because that's not your style i don't get why you'd do it as town? idk
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1676, skitter30 wrote:sando, i know a lot of what you think about the game from a mechanical/setup spec perspective but i'm not really sure who you're scumreading at this point.
Me either, lynched my biggest town read and biggest scum read in the last two days.

Music/Ausk then Skitter (only thing stopping me here is it means full townlynch of townies the last 2 days), then Cardi/Ohfrz, in order of scumminess.

I'd rather not poison the well too much on the comments around me, so I'm waiting for the protagonists to post tbh.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1693, Ausuka wrote:i mean yeah but like you don't have to be under pressure to distance, scum just like distance for no reason all the time I think, especially if they think they'll get lynched at some point?

and uhhh for the last point that's not really what i meant? it's probably a stupid question but like if it's supposed to be a gambit that you as scum wouldn't do because that's not your style i don't get why you'd do it as town? idk
Like, it's me sayin this so take it with a grain of sand n wheva but as town I have solving motivation to do it (might get shot, might get
protected
or summ and earn another ml) and I'm confident that I can pull it off nd explain myself why I did it whereas if I'm scum it's just a gamble to get townread and yeah I don't think thats really my style.
In post 1694, Sando wrote:
In post 1676, skitter30 wrote:sando, i know a lot of what you think about the game from a mechanical/setup spec perspective but i'm not really sure who you're scumreading at this point.
Me either, lynched my biggest town read and biggest scum read in the last two days.

Music/Ausk then Skitter (only thing stopping me here is it means full townlynch of townies the last 2 days), then Cardi/Ohfrz, in order of scumminess.

I'd rather not poison the well too much on the comments around me, so I'm waiting for the protagonists to post tbh.
Cardi is locktowning ausuka and skitter and idr ofhrz's stance exactly but I think she was of that same opinion.

What were yall thinkin bout d4? Can yall talk about where yall reads comin from?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Sando »

Invisibility (8) ~ ruru, skitter30, Enigma, OkaPoka, Cardi B, ofrhz, ceejayvinoya, AP,

AP (7) ~ ofrhz, skitter30, Enigma, OkaPoka, Skygazer, Sando, Music,

CJ - Cardi B, vulcan logician, ofrhz, Skygazer, Enigma, Ausuka,

Vulcan - Cardi B, Sando, Ausuka, Skygazer, ofrhz,

Ofrhz has been on every lynch.
Skitter has only lynched scum
Sando is 1-1 with 2 off-wagons
Cardi is 1-2 with 1 off-wagon
Ausuka has lynched 2 town and no scum
Mylo/Bujaber has lynched 1 scum and not been on 3 of the wagons

1 of those stands out there...I'm not sure why we're locktowning someone who's only ever lynched town.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1682, skitter30 wrote:i want mylo to post more too
Done :P
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1696, Sando wrote:Invisibility (8) ~ ruru, skitter30, Enigma, OkaPoka, Cardi B, ofrhz, ceejayvinoya, AP,

AP (7) ~ ofrhz, skitter30, Enigma, OkaPoka, Skygazer, Sando, Music,

CJ - Cardi B, vulcan logician, ofrhz, Skygazer, Enigma, Ausuka,

Vulcan - Cardi B, Sando, Ausuka, Skygazer, ofrhz,

Ofrhz has been on every lynch.
Skitter has only lynched scum
Sando is 1-1 with 2 off-wagons
Cardi is 1-2 with 1 off-wagon
Ausuka has lynched 2 town and no scum
Mylo/Bujaber has lynched 1 scum and not been on 3 of the wagons

1 of those stands out there...I'm not sure why we're locktowning someone who's only ever lynched town.
AHHH don't give me paranoia here, if I start conisdering Ausuka!scum then I basically have to look at everyone's ISO's and out effort in :(
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:12 am

Post by the worst »

qu...
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march