Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

On a naked vote? Sure, sound batshit insane
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by the worst »

the fnords in his post were very convincing
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Alonzo »

L-1?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

wtf is a fnord
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1606, ruru wrote:
In post 1598, the worst wrote:> cjv then spewed antiassociatives and then flaked from the game because.....?? he didn't like my bus strategy? waht
for that matter this, as a first reaction (8 minutes after your previous post on a different topic) feels scummy also

if you asked me whether I'm a viable ceejay partner or if he spewed antiassociatives with me I'd have to go reread the game because I'm town and I don't read my own associatives with dead scum
actually as town i'm very aware of what my associatives are with flipped players; it's not something i have to go reread to get a feel for most of the time
In post 1610, the worst wrote:this is tricky bc I play with friends a lot but American presidents mafia I avoided the Mom wagon as long as I could without basically claiming her partner. open 733 I dug my heels in and flatly refused to bus (only thing we did was d3 distancing between myself/ircher). can't think of anything else to talk about rn but I'm ~80% anti bus and generally fairly bad at it.
eh, fair; you hard-defended her day1 and then came up with ridiculous me/nauci/mom associative day2 and it was ... not a clean bus to say the least
In post 1610, the worst wrote:4. sure, that was somewhat exaggerated and rhetorical from me. but fmpov it's frustrating that she's only seeing points which paint me in a bad light. it's like she's processing enough to have a scumread on me but not stopping to check herself. I know ruru is a damn good player which is why I'm tearing my feathers out.
like i get what you're saying but your outrage here feels kinda over-the-top-y and not entirely real; it feels kinda like faked outrage

==
In post 1613, the worst wrote:if you keep tunnelling small possibilities were not gonna get anywhere. I'm objectively more likely to be town than scum here by both play and meta and your insisting I cOuLd Be TeH sCuMz is doing like nothing but frustrating me and clogging up the thread
i don't think that scum!you is a small possibility; i don't think that your'e scum as strongly as ruru does but i do think it's a possibility worth considering

like i think it's easy to be confident cj slot was flipping scum if you know that he's scum if that makes sense

==
In post 1625, Alonzo wrote:
In post 1602, skitter30 wrote:why were you going to deathtunnel him? ie why were you scumreading him?
Just reading the thread through a couple of posts jumped out, namely his sky TR.

But you know... near end of the day.. that post on NM.. you know my policy!!
so basically because he was going to not-vote nm? because i was kinda thinking that a replacement coming in saying they were going to death-tunnel the dead player could be a way for scum!you to try to feign surrpise as his death, especially since this doesn't seem like a super strong reason to me

==
In post 1635, ruru wrote:giving awkward reasons for a survivalistic deadline hammer on scum is towny fmpov: town are afraid if it flips green they'll be next, whereas scum know it will flip red
yeah i think he may have hopped on as a partner for the towncred, knowing it would flip red

it's not a very good vote and it reads partnery to me

==
In post 1650, Alonzo wrote:I thought u were an Invisibility Alt FTR!
alonzo since you've read the whole game can you give some sort of readslist?

actually i shall start a new post at this point
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1704, Gamma Emerald wrote:wtf is a fnord
negative energies in written text
it's a conspiracy theory thingy

@skitter30, respect your angle.
FYI if I am lynched here I do want a minute of silence for how fucking well I read that slot given brassherald is the readable one in it and he flaked out :lol: but yeah the projected confidence prolly didn't do me any favours

I thought my engagement with ruru just now was one of the more real reactions I've had to a read in quite a long time but eh
--
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1705, skitter30 wrote:like i think it's easy to be confident cj slot was flipping scum if you know that he's scum if that makes sense
Slam dunk

But while my meta dive is iconsistent I'm leaning town for tw. I also don't think we should discount sky's play. Still can't she'd play scum so jestery.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Inconclusive*
Can't imagine*
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by the worst »

Skyg is a hard read
I literally didn't touch her iso before I subbed in btw in case I didn't say
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by the worst »

and yeah my playstyle is rarely consistent which I think is why some people find reading me to be a pain in the ass
--
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1661, Alonzo wrote:@VV

I have a strict Lynch NM policy. A50 unvoting NM and saying I never vote NM is THE singlemost scummy post I think I 'have ever seen. Probably best he's dead, I would have dragged this game waaaay down by now =)
i've seen him say this as both alignments; it's literally nai for him

==
In post 1663, BuJaber wrote:
In post 1661, Alonzo wrote:@VV

I have a strict Lynch NM policy. A50 unvoting NM and saying I never vote NM is THE singlemost scummy post I think I 'have ever seen. Probably best he's dead, I would have dragged this game waaaay down by now =)
Well you're both wrong then lmao

Why have a blanket policy on
player
?
!remind me

==
In post 1667, the worst wrote:
In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:enigma posted it before i did, and we basically said the same thing.
how is it that one person can say it, and its scummy, and another can, and its perfectly fine?
because you have different wincons?
like if scum and town said different things all the time this game would be very boring
this reads as more intolerant of other playstyles/stances than actually thinking and forming a logical opinion. why the fuck does two people saying a similar thing with different trajectories and different styles mean that they must be the same alignment?
more of the outrage-that-feels-fake thing

like your reactions to like everything feel very extreme?

==
In post 1672, ruru wrote:I don't really consider gamma's interactions clearing either for the record, I just think they're less likely to come from a partner and I already have a weak tr on gamma
i really see nothing to townread gamma for; nor do i think his interactions with scum are remotely clearing; he's def still in my lynchpool

==
In post 1678, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t see how this equals me forgetting who’s in the same slot
Was ceejay interacting with the other slots in a meaningful way?
eh this is low-key townie maybe? not sure. one good post tho isn't a super awesome reason to townread someone tho

==
In post 1680, the worst wrote:radical thought
someone remind me why I'm townreading Vex?
sheer wordcount + mindmelding + being the towniest town to town early game

i don't know his scum meta

why do you describe his posts this way?
In post 1683, the worst wrote:like I can't be stuffed trying to dig thru his ISO but a lot of his posts are garbo
wait clarify?
In post 1689, the worst wrote:
In post 1688, Alonzo wrote:See anything in Vexys Iso worth a SR?
see that's what's giving me pause, theres nothing too gross and agendaey his ISO is just a mess. like he's posting a LOT of useless stuff
==
In post 1697, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: the worst
why are you voting him here ... ?

==
In post 1704, Gamma Emerald wrote:wtf is a fnord
subliminal messaging attempting to misdirect/confuse people; it's like the sort of thing that comes up in conspiracies; think illuminati and all that fun stuff

==
In post 1706, the worst wrote:@skitter30, respect your angle.
FYI if I am lynched here I do want a minute of silence for how fucking well I read that slot given brassherald is the readable one in it and he flaked out but yeah the projected confidence prolly didn't do me any favours

I thought my engagement with ruru just now was one of the more real reactions I've had to a read in quite a long time but eh
yeah idk if scum!you is so persistant in rebutting people; the projected confidence/outrage is still bothering me tho; it doesn't feel real to me

idk you're not my top priority right now; i want to sort ejji and he should be off of v/la soon

don't really get the enigma scumreads either tbh

==
In post 1707, BuJaber wrote:
In post 1705, skitter30 wrote:like i think it's easy to be confident cj slot was flipping scum if you know that he's scum if that makes sense
Slam dunk
yeah like it was easy for me to bus vizzy in tw's open because i knew he was scum and flipping red so i positioned myself around that; i don't know if i would have been nearly as confident as town
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm probably taking your word for Vex being town a little here. he's low on my priorities anyway tbqh but i haven't read any posts of his and felt like "YEAH DAMN RIGHT" yet

Tbf I've skipped a lot of his posts

it seems like there's a lot of fluffy stuff and I'm getting a kinda self important/lotta clout energy but also like non nuanced 1 dimensional reads but i guess that's pretty consistent with his town meta so *shrugs*
--
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1712, the worst wrote:it seems like there's a lot of fluffy stuff and I'm getting a kinda self important/lotta clout energy but also like non nuanced 1 dimensional reads but i guess that's pretty consistent with his town meta so *shrugs
This is true but that's more recently.

Like he posted a whole lot and townspewed and got himself townread by pretty much everyone. Then he justifiably kinda started egoposting as a result since roughly the last few pages of day 1 when he was talking about who will get NK'd.

You really think he'd get comfortable enough to do that as scum? Not the impression I got from Forest Fire.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1713, BuJaber wrote:You really think he'd get comfortable enough to do that as scum? Not the impression I got from Forest Fire.
> get townread
> start prodging
I feel it

Still think he's more likely just town tbh but that's more of an holistic read than my own
--
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 1714, the worst wrote:
In post 1713, BuJaber wrote:You really think he'd get comfortable enough to do that as scum? Not the impression I got from Forest Fire.
> get townread
> start prodging
I feel it

Still think he's more likely just town tbh but that's more of an holistic read than my own
i've said now that towards the end of d1, i was getting burnt out
i really didn't wanna keep playing the game when d1 was dragging on for 19-20 irl days.
i've been also thinking about the game a bit more since d2 started so yea, ive been a bit more lurk-ish.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 am

Post by the worst »

ya nah that's fair, scumflip after a long ass d1 makes d2 ironically pretty exhausting

you're fine just bad timing for me to try and re-read you

happy w Gamma or Enigma today
--
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 1667, the worst wrote:
In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:enigma posted it before i did, and we basically said the same thing.
how is it that one person can say it, and its scummy, and another can, and its perfectly fine?
because you have different wincons?
like if scum and town said different things all the time this game would be very boring
this reads as more intolerant of other playstyles/stances than actually thinking and forming a logical opinion. why the fuck does two people saying a similar thing with different trajectories and different styles mean that they must be the same alignment?
also, @tw, how do you know that me and enigma have different wincons?
are you assuming that im certainly town and that enigma is certainly mafia?

ive also been trying to figure out this one, but haven't really been able to
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Enigma »

Duck, I can't really reply to you or really even engage in a discussion of well as most of your explanation is hardly clear. Like I went through your ISO to try and make a response but I really don't know how to respond to the below:
"gutscum"
"guarded feeling"
"pings scummy"
"worded funny"

Let me know if you want me to comment on anything specific.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1635, ruru wrote:giving awkward reasons for a survivalistic deadline hammer on scum is towny fmpov: town are afraid if it flips green they'll be next, whereas scum know it will flip red
I mean for me it was awkward as well, but also the bolded was kinda what made it seem weird to me. Like there was a vc just before his post and he should have known he was hammering? Anyways just waiting for him to come back from v/la.
In post 1555, ejjinami wrote:Ehh, I have stuff to post, but it's mostly unreadable cuz I haven’t edited it yet
Page 19 and have to go in a sec, so I’ll vote now

VOTE: NM
that's not actually a bad lynch. I don't really have a good grasp of cee's meta, but there isn't anything in his ISO that would make me change my mind about his slot.
From what I've seen, increased care for saying his opinions should be scum indicative for cee, but he seemed to be in a catchup-mode most of the time, so idrk if I should be even reading that...
I don't really have a strong read on him
I think I was also the only SR in his read-list and I think it's kinda funny, but idk if that's even AI for him
still, not a bad lynch imo... and his wagon still looks really pure :/

If I manage to come back today before EoD, I’ll post a catchup and if not, I guess I’ll do it d2
Cuz I really doubt I’ll get killed with that many people SRing me
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Enigma »

Anyways some thoughts on the D1 lynch.

First CJ/NM wagon
ceejayvinoya (5): the worst, Creature, Almost50, ruru, skitter30 (L-2)

Second NM/CJ wagon
Not_Mafia (7): the worst, ruru, skitter30, Vex Vience, Creature, Enigma, ejjinami LYNCH

--
The wagons have largely the same characters. The first wagon was a viable lynch and tbh could have gone through.
If duck was trying to bus and then run the "but i don't bus" defence, starting both the wagons would have been the optimal play. CJ was kinda useless to the scum team, and with NM repping in, it would have been PLd before MYLO/LYLO so it was likely always a dead slot ...
Given how fast the wagons were changing, I also wouldn't put it past scum to just stay off the wagon in hopes that a counterwagon could form. Looking at the last EoD1 vc if GE is town, I would look very closely at HWS/Alonzo + BuJ.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Enigma »

And I want to do this for now
VOTE: Alonzo
Completely underwhelming so far (no reads, no content, entrance terrible) + HWS was scummy
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1721, Enigma wrote:HWS was scummy

Links please
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Enigma »

Apparently you can't make a link to the ISO page? Whatever, you can read his ISO.
Limited content, and looking at his comments re A50, kinda awkward now that we know the slot is town
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Alonzo »

HWS was TOWNY AF

A50... mostly clown shoes..

Hws suspicion was well founded despite what you say captain hindsight. Also Im pretty sure HWS wasn't the only one sus of A50...

Return to “Completed Open Games”