Open 742: C9++ (Night 1)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #475  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 am

Image

ReaperOfSouls
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #476  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 am

In post 474, Persivul wrote:
In post 473, ReaperOfSouls wrote:I added my vote to apply pressure on an inactive slot. So yes in that sense I am guilty.

Yep.
But I was the third vote.

You're new and apparently haven't heard it yet, but there's an old rule of thumb that third person on the wagon is scum.
Am I going to be you're first this game?

Maybe. The Wagons wagon is shit - three people have old Shema votes sitting there, and the fourth made a shit argument. IMO Wagons did well enough to not get lynched today. That leaves you as the only other currently viable wagon, with less than 1.5 days left in phase.

After our interactions I don't really want to lynch you at this point, but I'd lynch you before Wagons.

Do you have another target to consider?

Not that you'd support. Just curious, how many mislynches do you average leading in a normal game?

Egix96
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2018
Location: Wales, UK
Pronoun: He

Post Post #477  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:29 am

In post 458, Clemency wrote:think

Ooh I nearly caught you there. Still got my eyes on you though.
In post 461, Persivul wrote:Good question, town points for Gamma.

It's really not when you consider that the answer was pretty obvious IMO.
My wiki page (under construction)
The winking face is my favourite emote!

Egix96
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2018
Location: Wales, UK
Pronoun: He

Post Post #478  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am

In post 476, ReaperOfSouls wrote:
In post 474, Persivul wrote:
In post 473, ReaperOfSouls wrote:I added my vote to apply pressure on an inactive slot. So yes in that sense I am guilty.

Yep.
But I was the third vote.

You're new and apparently haven't heard it yet, but there's an old rule of thumb that third person on the wagon is scum.
Am I going to be you're first this game?

Maybe. The Wagons wagon is shit - three people have old Shema votes sitting there, and the fourth made a shit argument. IMO Wagons did well enough to not get lynched today. That leaves you as the only other currently viable wagon, with less than 1.5 days left in phase.

After our interactions I don't really want to lynch you at this point, but I'd lynch you before Wagons.

Do you have another target to consider?

Not that you'd support. Just curious, how many mislynches do you average leading in a normal game?

You won't need support from Persi if enough other people will give theirs.
My wiki page (under construction)
The winking face is my favourite emote!

ReaperOfSouls
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #479  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:44 am

In post 478, Egix96 wrote:
In post 476, ReaperOfSouls wrote:
In post 474, Persivul wrote:
In post 473, ReaperOfSouls wrote:I added my vote to apply pressure on an inactive slot. So yes in that sense I am guilty.

Yep.
But I was the third vote.

You're new and apparently haven't heard it yet, but there's an old rule of thumb that third person on the wagon is scum.
Am I going to be you're first this game?

Maybe. The Wagons wagon is shit - three people have old Shema votes sitting there, and the fourth made a shit argument. IMO Wagons did well enough to not get lynched today. That leaves you as the only other currently viable wagon, with less than 1.5 days left in phase.

After our interactions I don't really want to lynch you at this point, but I'd lynch you before Wagons.

Do you have another target to consider?

Not that you'd support. Just curious, how many mislynches do you average leading in a normal game?

You won't need support from Persi if enough other people will give theirs.

I understand that. But given that all the time I can afford to allot to this game has been occupied recently, I do not have an alternative other than where my current vote resides. When I feel like it would be better served to be someplace else, I assure you I will move it.

Play on ToS? Nothing to do with game jc.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #480  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm

In post 476, ReaperOfSouls wrote:Not that you'd support. Just curious, how many mislynches do you average leading in a normal game?

I'm not leading your wagon, so...why do you spin it that way?

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #481  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 pm

In post 455, Clemency wrote:i have a massive headache and now i have to deal with you people wagoning another townie?


FGS, am I in the wrong game/thread? Is everybody informed in this game?? What makes you confident RoS is a Townie? I mean, I do have a slight Town lean on him, but it's not enough for me to go against the wagon. Just not to vote him myself.
Records: W/L
Town: 22/16, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 3 games successfully. Now running Overkill 2: A Blood-Thirsty Stallone Themed Game

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #482  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:23 pm

In post 465, ReaperOfSouls wrote:What am I making a defense for again? For adding my vote to a inactive slot when asked?


Yeah, that's why you're a Town lean for me. Scum do not usually want to join wagons on lurkers, because there's almost always a lurking scum in the game and they don't want to be called out on voting X and not voting Y
Records: W/L
Town: 22/16, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 3 games successfully. Now running Overkill 2: A Blood-Thirsty Stallone Themed Game

LolWagons
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #483  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm

In post 482, Almost50 wrote:
In post 465, ReaperOfSouls wrote:What am I making a defense for again? For adding my vote to a inactive slot when asked?


Yeah, that's why you're a Town lean for me. Scum do not usually want to join wagons on lurkers, because there's almost always a lurking scum in the game and they don't want to be called out on voting X and not voting Y


But you were voting me when I led a wagon on someone who was feigning contribution/lurking...

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #484  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 pm

The more you talk the more I suspect you are deliberately "feigning" activity yourself.

I was already voting your slot before you even replaced in. Now what does that have to do with why I'm Town leaning RoS or why I was voting your slot?

Your phrasing implies I was voting you FOR doing so, when if fact I voted you way before you did.
Records: W/L
Town: 22/16, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 3 games successfully. Now running Overkill 2: A Blood-Thirsty Stallone Themed Game

LolWagons
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #485  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 pm

In post 484, Almost50 wrote:The more you talk the more I suspect you are deliberately "feigning" activity yourself.

I was already voting your slot before you even replaced in. Now what does that have to do with why I'm Town leaning RoS or why I was voting your slot?

Your phrasing implies I was voting you FOR doing so, when if fact I voted you way before you did.


Hence why I said “you were voting me” and not “you voted me after”

You are saying lurker hunting is a towntell because scum don’t want to have to defend a partner who lurks. Which first of all, is ass logic. But why’d you keep my vote on me after my reads? It’s inconsistent. My reads were on two low activity posters. The same logic you’re using to defend ROS should have been applied after my reads list, but you hung on.

I would love for you to tell me which part of my interactions over the past few days is “feigning” activity.

MariaR
Best Third Party

 
User avatar
Joined: July 11, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #486  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:27 pm

@Gamma since you asked.
Clam is null
A50 is null
reaper is scummy
overkill feels scum
I bet Maria is scum this game~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~ Charloux

Wanna know more about Maria? Click here!

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #487  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Lpw activity =/= flaking. EVERYBODY FoS's lowly active players, yet almost NOBODY is willing to VOTE someone who appears to have FLAKED (i.e. not posting AT ALL).

Some players appear scummy as TPRs because they are too afraid to give away their hands, so they semi-lurk instead. That makes them look sus to some other players.

However, a player that contributes nothing and then disappears is not likely to be a TPR. They're most likely a VT or Scum. Scum don't want to push VTs, as they'd rather push a likely TPR and get a claim out of them. Scum also don't want to lynch Scum (especially in a game with 1 scum team. I mean, we don't even knwo if there is a Serial Killer yet, but let's assume there is.. neither the SK wants to lynch Mafia on D1 nor do Mafia want to hunt down the SK on D1). If there's no Sk, then it's even more evident Scum don't want to lynch Scum.

I thus fail to see your argument still. RoS voted your slot when it was getting replaced, in response to >my call< for a couple of players to vote there. It struck me as a Townie move. I understand he may still be scum and you may still be Town and that would also explain why he did it, but I don't think Scum!him's first priority is to push a slot that had contributed NOTHING at the time over pushing someone who was active and may have given PR vibes already.

Now add that nobody knew WHO was taking the slot over. There are certain players (ex: Nero Cain, Radiant Cowbells..) who would come to OMGUS their voters already. If you are Town and RoS is Scum he certainly doesn't want to be tunneled by the new comer. Picking fights with an "unknown player" is a NO-NO move for Scum to begin with. They\re like sharks.. they probe and test before they go straight for the kill, lest the pry becomes the hunter and the hunter ends up hunted.

But you know what? I'm starting to get fed up of explaining obvious basic stuff to you (and everyone else), so I'm going to stop explaining myself and let you all take bites of me. In other words, I am now going to be scum-bait. You guys can't lynch me without the help of the scum team, so even if I do get lynched then I've left the Town something juicy to sink their teeth into.
Records: W/L
Town: 22/16, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 3 games successfully. Now running Overkill 2: A Blood-Thirsty Stallone Themed Game

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #488  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Yeah, that reasoning applies to a seasoned player, but I don't think you can accurately apply much of that to a newbie like Reaper.

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #489  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:09 pm

In post 488, Persivul wrote:Yeah, that reasoning applies to a seasoned player, but I don't think you can accurately apply much of that to a newbie like Reaper.


Ok, let's play.. why does moob-Scum!RoS choose to follow me unto Lol over FoS'ing me for requesting more votes on a practically vacant slot? He had a choice between two different/opposing options, so why did he see it more beneficial to him/his team to take one over the other?
Records: W/L
Town: 22/16, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 3 games successfully. Now running Overkill 2: A Blood-Thirsty Stallone Themed Game

Gnelf
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: November 27, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #490  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 pm

VOTE: reaperofsouls
L-1, Reaper claim your role
-blooblobby

ReaperOfSouls
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #491  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

In post 428, davesaz wrote:
Votecount 1.6
ReaperOfSouls(4) ~ (39), (57), (28), (39)
LolWagons(4) ~ (46), (11), (38), (14)
Egix96(1) ~ (26)
Dunnstral(1) ~ (23)
Clemency(1) ~ (9)
Almost50(1) ~ (9)


Not Voting (1): (60)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-08 19:32:13)

In post 453, Egix96 wrote:
In post 405, LolWagons wrote:I'd hop on either but think I would prefer RoS.

For anyone who has seriously not considered RoS...that ISO is super bad. Even if you think I'm scum just do me a favor and humor me, and look at it. It is low post count but it is not null.

Yyyeah it really doesn't seem to me like he's making much of an effort to solve the game.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Reaper

That's L-2 I believe

In post 490, Gnelf wrote:VOTE: reaperofsouls
L-1, Reaper claim your role
-blooblobby

Shouldn't I wait for intent?

When I flip just a few observations. Persivul isn't playing as 'town' as I have experienced and even if he is, watch the mislynches with him. And anyone else notice how Maria came to life and sheeps lolwagons. Learn from the flip.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #492  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 pm

In post 489, Almost50 wrote:
In post 488, Persivul wrote:Yeah, that reasoning applies to a seasoned player, but I don't think you can accurately apply much of that to a newbie like Reaper.


Ok, let's play.. why does moob-Scum!RoS choose to follow me unto Lol over FoS'ing me for requesting more votes on a practically vacant slot? He had a choice between two different/opposing options, so why did he see it more beneficial to him/his team to take one over the other?

Er, because an absent slot isn't going to defend, whereas you would?

I'm not crazy about the Reaper wagon, I just dislike it less than the LOL wagon. I gave Reap an opportunity to name someone else to wagon. I was hoping he'd go for Gnelf actually. I would have gone along with it.

ReaperOfSouls
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #493  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:06 pm

In post 492, Persivul wrote:
In post 489, Almost50 wrote:
In post 488, Persivul wrote:Yeah, that reasoning applies to a seasoned player, but I don't think you can accurately apply much of that to a newbie like Reaper.


Ok, let's play.. why does moob-Scum!RoS choose to follow me unto Lol over FoS'ing me for requesting more votes on a practically vacant slot? He had a choice between two different/opposing options, so why did he see it more beneficial to him/his team to take one over the other?

Er, because an absent slot isn't going to defend, whereas you would?

I'm not crazy about the Reaper wagon, I just dislike it less than the LOL wagon. I gave Reap an opportunity to name someone else to wagon. I was hoping he'd go for Gnelf actually. I would have gone along with it.

Yeah for there to be three heads there..yeah hmm

Used all my alloted time for this game dancing with you.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #494  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 pm

In post 491, ReaperOfSouls wrote:Shouldn't I wait for intent?

Yep.
When I flip just a few observations. Persivul isn't playing as 'town' as I have experienced and even if he is, watch the mislynches with him. And anyone else notice how Maria came to life and sheeps lolwagons. Learn from the flip.

So you should have pushed me or Maria. Or just explained your read on LOL. This is a game of communication.

ReaperOfSouls
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #495  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Is this where you put all the blame on the guy who gets miss lynched? I forget that's your m.o. It's all good. This wagon is in your words shit to. Getting to be a habit I'm seeing with you.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #496  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 pm

In post 494, Persivul wrote:
In post 491, ReaperOfSouls wrote:Shouldn't I wait for intent?

Yep.

Let me qualify that. Yes, generally intent should come before the claim. But, note that there's only about 21 hours left in phase. If you're going to wait for intent, you need to be available to play as deadline approaches.

I didn't want to say this before because I don't like to tip off scum, but after a bit of our discussion I suspected you might be a TPR who's frustrated at the prospect of claiming or being lynched. That's why I asked you to name someone else to push. I wanted to work with you. But you made that impossible.

ReaperOfSouls
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #497  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 pm

In post 496, Persivul wrote:
In post 494, Persivul wrote:
In post 491, ReaperOfSouls wrote:Shouldn't I wait for intent?

Yep.

Let me qualify that. Yes, generally intent should come before the claim. But, note that there's only about 21 hours left in phase. If you're going to wait for intent, you need to be available to play as deadline approaches.

I didn't want to say this before because I don't like to tip off scum, but after a bit of our discussion I suspected you might be a TPR who's frustrated at the prospect of claiming or being lynched. That's why I asked you to name someone else to push. I wanted to work with you. But you made that impossible.

I have told you my guts. Are they right, time will tell. And you can blame me for whatever. But while you were pushing me, you could have been being more productive and going after Gnelf, or whomever else you have a read on. Or am I the only one you have read in how many days of this game? dunn and lol threw shit at the wall and it stuck with you. So on the flip, know you did the heavy work on it.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #498  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Toughen up dude, mafia's a rough game.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Moperville
Pronoun: It

Post Post #499  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Hrrm. These interactions don’t feel right.
@Persivul why are you telling RoS to take things less personal, I don’t see where he has been?
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
Hi, it’s Box! (Himiko is taking a vacation at the witch world rn, maybe you’ll see her again...?)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park