Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 951, Springtrap wrote:That linked game is... A weird read.
The first 100 posts alone are more interesting to read then this game as well.
The players there seem fun.
Town are often lynched day 1 for being right, probably especially in this setup. I believe Springtrap was Lynched for his insight.

-r
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:38 am

Post by Blackjacks »

I think lolwagons/mastina has a somewhat higher chance of being s/s because of the firebringer replace?
In post 210, Aster wrote:
In post 199, Blackjacks wrote:I wrote it after meme voted us (and searching a quote from a game I just played takes like 5 minutes max lol).
I've pondered about whether this statement is plausible. After further consideration, I've concluded that it is most likely true.

One hour and 38 minutes ought to be enough to put that post together. Moreover, the post does seem to be a reaction to being voted. The relative freshness of the links in the posts indicate that this was not just a post they have in a folder "prewritten shitposts from whenever" and it seems somewhat unlikely that in or before the pregame phase they decided "lets write a special reaction shitpost specifically for Open 741 just in case somebody ends up voting me during RVS which may or may not happen".
despite the post I quoted eod1 I initially read this as probably not s/s with meme (ghost) because if she were thinking about the general idea of meme being scum, she would probably be mentioning the possibility of my shitpost being pre-arranged theatre with them

I just realized that probably doesn't make sense because aster was scumreading meme as her top scumread, so she would have been thinking about it anyway, which probably makes them more likely s/t if anything

(I do think pin probably isn't s/s with ghost either for the same reason though, that and I don't think pin is scum very often here anyway unless maybe with rc)
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 am

Post by Blackjacks »

I lack actual reads, whatever

VOTE: lolwagons
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 1089, mastina wrote:Gamma's treatment of Aster looks like his distancing-from-scumbuddy tactic (which I have a fair amount of familiarity with).
All-in-all, when I was reading the last three pages (four, now), I overall just got the impression that the interactions between those three (Aster, AnonymousGhost, Gamma Emerald) was just gigantic scum theater. Not exactly choreographed, not exactly strategic, but still ungenuine.
any specific posts?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In no specific order: Clemency, Gamma Emerald, lolwagons and spookycat, with a chance of being wrong on Clem and Gamma
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:53 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 1101, Blackjacks wrote:I think lolwagons/mastina has a somewhat higher chance of being s/s because of the firebringer replace?
You think a player pushed for a mislynch, got it, replaced out... and in that scenario is more likely to be mafia?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

firebringer replaced out because mastina replaced in. he hates her guts.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 1077, mastina wrote:combined with the aforementioned lack of RC-being-sheeped factor that I'd expect of him.)
You should prepare for more disappointment in the future btw.

*she not he please
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 am

VOTE: Keyser soze

this is scum
You should prepare for more disappointment in the future btw.

*she not he please
what does this mean?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:08 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

referring to her supposed meta read on me.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:54 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 1102, Blackjacks wrote:I lack actual reads, whatever

VOTE: lolwagons
How do you not have reads >_> seems like a copout
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:55 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 1088, LolWagons wrote:You wanna throw me a bone on why? Volxen ISO is a lot of playing defense and obsession with self-image in the eyes of other players.
@RC

Answer this. Why is Volxen/Mastina town?
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Aster »

In post 1081, mastina wrote:I'd know because I wrote it all today, after I got home from work, about 7 hours ago. Of course, the part I wrote out in advance did take from something prior, that being, a PM I sent to northsidegal, but I'm fairly certain that if I actually quoted that it'd be modkill-worthy, so. You can ask me to paraphrase that but otherwise it's a "take my word for it" on me having done.
Please paraphrase. It's interesting.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am

I will hard effort this game just not yet
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1108, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Keyser soze

this is scum
Nope just town with bad reads.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:49 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 1113, RadiantCowbells wrote:I will hard effort this game just not yet
Was that in response to my request?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:51 am

its @everyone
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1094, RadiantCowbells wrote:You haven't read my posts beyond the votecount.
True enough! I will readily admit that.

I still expect things of you in spite of that.
In post 1103, Blackjacks wrote:
In post 1089, mastina wrote:Gamma's treatment of Aster looks like his distancing-from-scumbuddy tactic (which I have a fair amount of familiarity with).
All-in-all, when I was reading the last three pages (four, now), I overall just got the impression that the interactions between those three (Aster, AnonymousGhost, Gamma Emerald) was just gigantic scum theater. Not exactly choreographed, not exactly strategic, but still ungenuine.
any specific posts?
I can do better than that, even.
In post 3100, DVa wrote:
In post 3078, Nako wrote:Gamma did not jump off from the wagon on scum when he could.
When Gamma commits to a bus, he often stays on the wagon for a long period of time. This actually should be concerning given that when Gamma is town he tends to move his vote around a bit more. You should look at how Gamma treats texcat and Golden Robster in NY213.

When presented with two EoD wagons, one on a scumbuddy (Whemestar) and one on town (incidentally, PenguinPower), Gamma opts to bus:
In post 3318, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3275, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 3267, WhemeStar wrote:and a game I self hammered as doctor because I was frustrated that people didn’t believe my claim because I didn’t claim flavor?

Get your bs out of here
So when your frustrated as town you care about what happens after you get lynched? When your not frustrated all you care about is surviving?
mhm thinking about it it's actually very similar to his first newbie and yet he's playing different
nah fuck dis s*** I think wheme is actually scum
VOTE: Whemestar
During a CFD, Gamma joins a Texcat wagon here:
In post 5983, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: texcat
eh after a mite of meta I think tex has a decent chance of being scum
and stays on it despite there being two other potential end of day wagons.

and in a later dayphases busses here:
In post 6722, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Golden Robster
I don't understand people backing off of this, why, because he gave up and self-voted? That's a pot of WiFoM and you know it.
and stays on it until he is lynched.

Gamma in that game bussed literally everyone on his scum team at some point (he also bussed Wheme), and did so in two situations where there were serious other wagons presented for the days lynch.

That is to say, thinking that Gamma will not bus consistently and bus early as scum is misguided.

In fact I think the reason Gamma *moved off Penguin* is precisely because *we were going to jail Gamma*. This is the point at which Gamma had to *stop his bus*. And that's why his vote on Mew makes no sense from a town PoV and is for nonsensical reasons. *He had to get off Penguin because if Penguin got lynched and he was jailed and investigated, he was losing the game*.
In post 3105, DVa wrote:
In post 3091, Nako wrote:I am willing to vote DVA at the moment.
b) Gamma bussed a lot

Frankly it is way more plausible that Gamma would move from bus to bus because Gamma knew who the scum team were and could play toward a strategy of cross-bussing. I could not do that because I did not know who the scum were.
In post 3110, DVa wrote:Actually that kinda reminds me, the way Gamma distances from DDL+PP here is very similar to how Gamma busses Wheme and Texcat in the posts I quoted earlier. I think it's a weird tic for Gamma that when he busses or distances he very frequently relies on unexplained meta arguments.
In post 328, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 284, DVa wrote:Gamma where are you on PenguinGifs, Sephora, and BearAvatar?
PenguinGifs would like to see more of, for some reason want to say Town
Sephora Idk
BearAvatar I don’t find anything particularly town indicative from them and I feel like that’s a bit scum!odd, though that’s based on meta that could be wrong
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 318, DrDolittle wrote:here's 2 of me doing nothing all game
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77301
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77250
Don’t think those games count, they’re too abridged to be reliable meta
In post 1166, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1163, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1145, Gamma Emerald wrote:What makes you think my vote isn’t serious
Apart from my love of gifs, why is your vote serious?
The meta point against you felt semi-valid, plus you reacted like typical caught scum when you saw that point (hence why the gifs/pics are a scum thing)
In post 1178, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1171, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1169, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yea I did. The thing that swayed me was the gifs. And they may be NAI normally but the timing tells me something else.
What does the timing tell you? I've been using them since post one.
You have been using them since post one but they were sprinkled in. After the meta point it was a rush of gifs.
That is, as scum, Gamma tends to bus and distance his scumbuddies through underexplained "meta" discussions. 342 is the closest he gets to substance and even then he barely scratches the surface. This kinda gives me the sense that Gamma will, as scum, use meta arguments to give the impression that he is thinking about a player slot beyond the context of just this game, but since he already knows their alignment and actually reading those games would be pointless and boring, he can't really engage in a substantive discussion of the points involved or really explain his reasoning in detail.
DVa lays out the pattern I'm talking about pretty clearly right there, not only giving some examples from past games, but now also with that game as proof because DVa was in fact correct.

Now look at these and tell me you don't see similar:
In post 1062, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1057, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 441, Springtrap wrote:
In post 424, Blackjacks wrote:
In post 421, Springtrap wrote:I dont know what part of this game to take seriously anymore. I dont think that's a good sign.
Thoughts on the current wagons?
I will answer this again when the votecount is updated, but all I'm seeing right now is mainly filler and fluff in a game where we should probably be more worried. You know, since 4 of us are evil out of 13 (or 15, I guess, if we count the accounts with multiple people).

I'll wait until later for more critical judgement, and mostly so I can see what is purely friendship and what is attempted buddying.
In post 1048, Gamma Emerald wrote:Get well soon, cos deadline approaches and finding a bridge between my thinking and the group think would be nice
So the post above seemed a little like a scumslip with the "since 4 of us are evilt out of 13", but mostly my scumread on Spring is his reluctancy to provide anything to the game at all. The thing he has most said in the thread is "I will provide something something tomorrow", but nothing ever comes. It's not like he wasn't here: he made some jokes when everybody was doing that, but when the game got serious, he disappeared. My townreads are pushing him, so I'm happy being part of that wagon too.

But with my tinfoil hat on, the whole interaction between the spookycat and Springtrap seemed to be the cat throwing a lifebelt to Spring: Spring needed some content, and the cat started making some questions that seemed forced. So yeah, my attention is on both players right now.
Point me those questions-ward if possible?
(If I am wrong about my current four top scumreads, pint would be one of the main suspects from wagon positioning.)
In post 1026, Gamma Emerald wrote:you sounded like you were trying to defend the way you were interacting with me
(This is a highlight point of the AnonymousGhost interactions with Gamma.)
In post 1024, Gamma Emerald wrote:Damage is done, you're not changing my mind about how that interaction went down
(And here's another.)
In post 1015, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: AnonymousGhost
I actually think I'm gonna trust my gut here. The way they poked at me felt like they were trying to make me look bad.
In post 1016, Gamma Emerald wrote:oh and my vote was already there, how delightful
that increases the scumminess of what they've been doing
(And another, and another.)
In post 1012, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't, that's why I'm asking
I don't like the way you're asking these questions btw
(And more.)

That's not even all of the interaction, and that's only it from Gamma's side, the side the strong meta comes from.
It is just as suspect from the AnonymousGhost side of things.

Altogether the interaction between those three just looks like distancing/bussing rather than genuine gamesolving.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1112, Aster wrote:
In post 1081, mastina wrote:I'd know because I wrote it all today, after I got home from work, about 7 hours ago. Of course, the part I wrote out in advance did take from something prior, that being, a PM I sent to northsidegal, but I'm fairly certain that if I actually quoted that it'd be modkill-worthy, so. You can ask me to paraphrase that but otherwise it's a "take my word for it" on me having done.
Please paraphrase. It's interesting.
"So I know Springtrap was a flashwagon, with no real wagons prior to the day-end votecount. By gut, would say those that joined the wagon after it exploded are above random odds for being town. The first three can be of any alignment tho.
Still, those off the wagon are where I'm focusing.

Why wasn't RC sheeped?

AnonymousGhost seems like another candidate, as does Aster.
So my first places I'd look are AnonymousGhost, RC, Aster, Gamma Emerald in about that order.
I'd look at Firebringer after that.

Of course.
This flash-VCA is doubtfully accurate, but is better than nothing."

That was about it, which as you can tell, is pretty much what I ended up posting at daystart.
Since then, my suspicion on the Firebringer slot has been replaced with pint; RC and Gamma have switched positions.

I'd be willing to bet with a fair amount of confidence:
Blackjacks is town,
Lolwagons is town,
Clemecy is town,
In about that order.

I haven't seen anything from ceejayvinoya to make an alignment call there; if
anyone
late on the wagon is scum, the only one who could be it is Keyser Soze (because there was a chance however remote that if Keyser didn't hammer Springtrap that he would be lynched giving potential scum incentive there), so both of those are players I'm not yet able to confidently call town, even though I do not believe them to be scum.

So that gives you a rough readslist of where I'm at.

Blackjacks
Lolwagons
Clemency

ceejayvinoya
Keyser Soze (these two may be reversed, or interchangeable even, hard to say)

pint

RadiantCowbells

Aster (
almost
interchangeable with the two below, but
not quite
as strong)
Gamma Emerald
AnonymousGhost (honestly these two are interchangeable)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by mastina »

Theory test time.
In post 120, Gamma Emerald wrote:MEME MEN: yikes. This one lied about meta with me. That’s a solid scum marker.
vote: THE MEME MEN
As I seem to recall, Meme Men's slot is AnonymousGhost, yes?
+3 AnonymousGhost.
In post 123, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Apologies for the absence btw, ended up napping inadvertently.
In post 108, Aster wrote:
In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
God that post by Blackjacks is cringey
No it isn't. Is it a mafiascum.net tradition to insult somebody's sense of humour on day 1 or something?
No. Why do you not think it’s just a little bit overwrought?
In post 109, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 104, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 100, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 52, Gamma Emerald wrote:So, any thoughts on anyone’s alignment?
Unadulterated LAMIST question. I feel Gamma has stepped way too hard on the game-solve gas pedal here (in a unnatural / forced way)
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Nice double standard jackass.
“Jackass”?! Ok, accepted.

“Double standard”? Nope.
Your question and my vote are different Mr Gamma.
Im more talking about you voting me for the exact opposite reason of American Presidents. What do you expect from me? And don’t try to talk about “I thought that was the norm” because you know I’ve tryharded as town before (maybe, don’t remember our exact meta).
This doesn’t make you scum btw, it just upsets me.
+1 Aster, Keyser.
In post 129, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 128, Nibbui wrote:
In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Right Head has it right. I think I’ll trust the hydra partner when they say Left Head is out of it.
Unvote
By unvoting here you mean that he forgetting about you was the unique reason you voted him? You said you did tryhard as town but doesn't seem to have noticed or get interested in the two suspiscious posts by MEMEMAN?
Yeah that was my reason. I skimmed over that part of your post, because I was just like “hm they’re scumreading MEME MEN too, that’s nice
I’ll look it over
+1 AnonymousGhost.
In post 158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 150, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 123, Gamma Emerald wrote:Im more talking about you voting me for the exact opposite reason of American Presidents. What do you expect from me? And don’t try to talk about “I thought that was the norm” because you know I’ve tryharded as town before (maybe, don’t remember our exact meta).
This doesn’t make you scum btw, it just upsets me.
Interesting mention RE: American Presidents. Perhaps it would have been more strategic for scum-Gamma coming into this game imitating the ‘lack of drive’ demonstrated by town-Gamma in that game. I did not mean to upset you, my paranoia-feels are real and I wanted to call it out:
- also echoed by your subsequent RQS analysis :?
What is echoed by that analysis?
Not quite sure if this counts so I'll just give it a +.5 for Keyser.
In post 227, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 221, Keyser Söze wrote:@Gamma
Are you comfortable with MEME’s town read of you?
I wasn’t aware that was a townread, seemed more like a jab with no real thoughts on my alignment?
Not a plus for Keyser, but definitively a +1 for AnonymousGhost.
In post 303, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 274, THE MEME MEN wrote:pedit: ok calling them bland answers is a little insulting. "regular answers," then
-LH
Pintu’s #3 was interesting.
This would count as a +1 for pint.
In post 311, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 297, Aster wrote:
THE MEME MEN's answers

It took LH@THE MEME MEN almost two days to answer my questions, and what did we get out of it?
A glorious exercise in beating-around-the-bush
. Let me walk you through his post.
In post 270, THE MEME MEN wrote:I dont do rvs anymore, i personally jump straight to business like james doakes and penguinpower do.
✓ Statement does not answer the question.

THE MEME MEN told us to be careful voting during RVS, so I asked him whether he thought RVS was bad. "I don't RVS myself" does not answer the question, which clearly intended to ask whether he thought RVS shouldn't happen at all; what does he think about other players RVSing?
In post 270, THE MEME MEN wrote:players using words when they're sure, or not using words - it depends on the context like what they're trying to attain - whether reaction testing or whatever
✓ Skips one question.
✓ Doesn't answer the other.

The main question was whether players shouldn't vote lightly. A subquestion asked about the alternative of "using only words without voting". Yet he answers like the question was "Are words bad?"
In post 270, THE MEME MEN wrote:look at Herebus with the 14 player large normal, moderated by Krazy. that had 4 scum.
✓ Cites anecdotal evidence.
✓ Cited evidence does not support his point.

Herebus day one had only two out of four scum on the lynchwagon, which is completely average since over half the town was on the lynchwagon. If anything, Herebus demonstrates that the scum will not collectively jump on the lynchwagon merely because they can.

Yes, they did collectively jump on the lynchwagon at LyLo, and that's completely beyond the point. Of course mafia would collectively quickhammer a LyLo wagon when they can. The real issue is about whether mafia will try to collectively quickhammer during early game.

Going Deeper

There is something about these answers. It seems that THE MEME MEN are unwilling to answer questions with "yes" or "no" and are instead trying to write something that resembles an answer but actually isn't. I get the impression that they hope my questions will just disappear, which is further corroborated by LH taking his sweet time to answer my questions while RH avoided looking like a lurker; he could've been trying to just stall things hoping town's attention shifts elsewhere in the meanwhile.

Now, if THE MEME MEN were town, why do they need to avoid answering questions? If he believed in his opinions, he could've confidently presented them; they weren't scum opinions at any rate. Alternatively he could have realized and admitted that although he hadn't thought things through, he made his suggestion in good faith.

On the other hand, if THE MEME MAN is scum, this behaviour makes a whole lotta sense. He clearly cannot confidently present his opinion because he knows it is a scum opinion and/or doesn't even believe it himself. He can't find another presentable opinion that doesn't make him look stupid. He doesn't admit that he hadn't thought things through because I said earlier that I expected town to crusade that his opinion is right, and certainly he doesn't want to look like folding scum. Stuck with a no-win situation, he tries to make things go away by stalling and beating around the bush.

Tl;dr:
THE MEME MEN opened the game with a LAMIST suggestion. I think his suggestion was unlikely to have been made in good faith. THE MEME MEN are scared to talk about their opinions leading to their suggestion.

VOTE: THE MEME MEN
God this was amazing. This is the good side of wallposting.
Vote: THE MEME MEN
I'm not sure how many points this would be, but it's at least a minimum of +2 AnonymousGhost. (I'll be conservative here.)
In post 313, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 305, THE MEME MEN wrote:Ok let's try this again, since it's starting to look like a death tunnel from scum.
In post 140, Aster wrote:Glad you're responding. Can you please answer the following questions?
Do you know what RVS is?
yes, a stage where many players claim to joke vote . Yet the votes get counted

Do you think RVS is a bad thing?
bad as in people making joke votes then later complaining about fluff posting or inactivity - then yes it's bad

Is it a bad thing for players to generally have votes standing to indicate who they are most suspicious of, or to exert pressure?
nope. Why would you ask this question?

Would it be better if players only used words to communicate and only placed their votes when they were sure they wanted a lynch?
if only words or votes, sure, votes would be better

Do you believe mafia will actually try to collectively quicklynch a bandwagon provided they can get three townie votes?
yes, and the post should've been clear as day. ceejay understood it, for instance
Beginning to disagree with RH's tr of you. We'll get together later to discuss.
The way aster is projecting what HE did in a past game onto us, looks scummy. Anyone see the micro game with okapoka and saudade scum? Aster resembling the former.
-LH
What, DDU? That’s a very strange mention I feel. Also gives a significant pointer of who you might be. Also I don’t really see any projecting.
Definitively a +1 AnonymousGhost here.
In post 464, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 445, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 430, RadiantCowbells wrote:blackjack/Firebringer are scum together
volxen is town
aster is town
nibbul is town
ceejay +equity town
In post 431, Firebringer wrote:why do u think i am scum?
In post 433, RadiantCowbells wrote:you correctly called blackjack scum in your sole serious scumread of the game then went back to a cutesy memewagon on obvtown
also I'm pretty sure you never make that post about sheeping me as town
If I'm wrong you're welcome to prove me wrong,
I know some of you don't know RC that well
but this is scum RC
the only other explanation is that he started using drugs
RC, IF YOU HAVE TAKEN UP DRUGS, SEEK AN INTERVENTION NOW
-rh
WHAT.
+1 AnonymousGhost.
In post 549, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Also I would expect to be catching more attention for one of my recent posts.
Almost wanted to call the previous post a +1 Aster, but paired with this I definitely am.
In post 605, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 603, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 597, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 594, Keyser Söze wrote:Catching up with the thread I think I may have miss-read your soft/victim/vulnerable vibe
Explain when and why you got that vibe? I don’t feel like I’ve been playing that way at all.
Really?
Sensitive overreaction/sensitive:
"Nice double standard jackass"
"it just upsets me."
"What a welcoming bunch."

Self-focus softness:
"What do you expect from me?"
"Pretty sure I put significant effort in during the Tit For Tat we were in"
"Eh? What’s this about? What’s the relationship between me and that gif to you?"
"I very much dislike the case on me, but all I’ve been able to pick out for why comes back to OMGUS."
"Explain when and why you got that vibe? I don’t feel like I’ve been playing that way at all."
( :lol:)

Why be on the defensive foot?:
"Also I would expect to be catching more attention for one of my recent posts."
"Does no one want to engage me even when I provide a general reason to?"
"Thought more people would poke me for admitting to being OMGUSy."

I presume this one was not serious though (?):
In post 581, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Are you gonna seriously just stonewall me when I’m trying to have a real discussion
Some of these just don't make sense. How is me saying I thought something I said would provoke people be defensive? I'm also gonna need an explanation for self-focus softness, because that doesn't really mean anything yet, it's just gibberish. And what? You think my post where I said I was trying to have real discussion was NOT serious? This reads extreeeeeemely fake and crammed into a narrative but I get the feeling this is from ignorance, not malice.
I'm going to call this one a +1 Keyser.
In post 911, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 898, RadiantCowbells wrote:notably i cannot read ceejay and my townread there is somewhat lazy

as it stands my reads are

{RC}
{Pinturicchio, Nibbuls, Aster}
{Blackjacks, Volxen}
{ceejay, gamma, clemency, anonygo}
-null line- {firebringer}
then with {keyser, springtrap} as actual scumreads
I kinda felt like you’d have more scumreads?
This section would be a +1 RC.

I'm kinda tired tho and losing coherency so I know I am handling this inconsistently, either giving points to things that shouldn't be given points or not giving points to everything which should have points (in other words, in the middle when this is something where you want to be on one of the extremes for), but altogether what I saw from this iso is VERY strong evidence for a Gamma-Ghost scumteam. Others have some evidence, like potentially Keyser; Aster; etc. But by far the most obvious would be Gamma Emerald and AnonymousGhost.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by mastina »

Having isoed both Meme and Anonymous can say that my scumread on the slot separate from Gamma interactions has grown stronger as both holders of it tripped gut scumtells on overall vibe. Wouldn't really be able to point to anything from either of them, because I was scrolling and just thinking, which alignment would this be more likely to be from, and overwhelmingly? "Yep. Scum."

So AnonymousGhost and Gamma Emerald are lockscum of lockscum for me off of both interactions with each other and off of general vibe from their isos from their total contribution across the game.

Lynching anyone other than one of those two would be doing an incredible disservice to the game.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Well, this is a player I'm glad to ship. But you're wrong about me tho, and Gamma was calling me town in his post you said was a +1.

VOTE: AnonymousGhost
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw.
In post 933, Springtrap wrote:This post here and their other ones similar to it feel different then when Blackjack also did the same. It just feels... Very messy and just mentioning "Lurker" a large amount of the time for nearly all of them. When Aster did this, it felt more like instead of townreading or scumreading, it was a critique in general. Which I think would be easier to do as either alignment, instead of just town.
It also seems weird to go through 1 "Non-Lurker" in that they completely disagreed with most of what they've done. Again, more critique then a read. Just "wary".
I am also a proponent of the lynched player potentially having good reads, and this stuck out to me immediately.
(Not to discard the nightkill, by the way--haven't done a full iso there but I did particularly note that Yuurei as I knew the account holder as, is particularly competent but prone to reevaluating things that shouldn't have been reevaluated, and had fingered quite heavily Gamma I believe it was? Or was it Meme? Or was it both? Butyeah, that didn't escape my notice and I'll get to it in due time.)
In post 879, Springtrap wrote:So... It's in town's best interest to not scumhunt day 1 but instead get the weakest link? That Seems counterproductive.
This was to AnonymousGhost.
In post 194, Springtrap wrote:
In post 185, pinturicchio wrote:By the way, I skipped the first discussion 'cause it seemed too early to be serious, but I'll read it now since, as I understand, it was serious for some players.

In other news, I didn't like BJs' entrance. The post was fine, I laughed, but seems like it was prepared before the game started. My problema with that is that it was a huge post and it's obvious that took a lot of effort. I tend to scumread people who puts that much of an effort on RVS; preparing a post before the game starts is past that line. Does someone else has another point of view about this?
Wouldn't it make more sense to call Gamma out for the RQS post for being pretty big and before the game even started? He put more effort in, IMO.
Ooh I love this nugget.

There's also the RC stuff, too, but this is not the way that a scumteam spearheaded by RC would lynch someone suspicious of him so I'm disregarding that. (Mind you--that doesn't mean "RC is not scum"; it means "RC did not spearhead the lynch of that player for being suspicious of him". Which reduces his odds of being scum, but does not in any way eliminate them altogether.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 119, Nibbui wrote:that said, both from gamma and from MEMEMAN looks lamist
VOTE: Aster
Gamma might have sounded lamist, but I think MEMEMAN was even worse in these two posts:
Spoiler:
In post 87, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 15, Keyser Söze wrote:Curious to see what happens when the worst meets Radiant Cowbells
weird - for 2 players that have been onsite for so long, I would think they'd have bumped into each other
-LH
^ kinda cherrypicking in my opinion
Spoiler:
In post 88, THE MEME MEN wrote:All this talk about jesters - you guys sure you're in the right game and not in Jester Nightless by Jingle, instead? lol
Also, shouldn't we be careful about who we vote? Because if scum is well coordinated, then after we vote, they could just pile on all 4 as 4 more votes.
^ kinda really lamist if I compare him here to a Micro I saw him playing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
and Aster seemed to realize how the post seemed a bit off here:
Spoiler:
In post 90, Aster wrote:
In post 88, THE MEME MEN wrote:Also, shouldn't we be careful about who we vote? Because if scum is well coordinated, then after we vote, they could just pile on all 4 as 4 more votes.
✓ Statement meant to look townish;
✓ Statement not actually helpful.
However, she didn't change votes or got much interested on MEME MAN even though his posts seems way worse than Gamma's I would say (we can argue about that), and the same can be said to Keyser maybe.[/quote]Jesus Christ this is probably one of the best D1 opening posts of all time and singlehandedly would justify the nightkill if I am even remotely right on my reads.

I don't need all four to be right.
I don't even need all three of the big ones to be right!

If so much as 2/3 of Gamma/Meme/Aster are scum, this post alone would explain the nightkill.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by mastina »

MOD: Please delete the prior due to site breakage. Here it is again, hopefully fixed:
In post 119, Nibbui wrote:that said, both from gamma and from MEMEMAN looks lamist
VOTE: Aster
Gamma might have sounded lamist, but I think MEMEMAN was even worse in these two posts:
In post 87, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 15, Keyser Söze wrote:Curious to see what happens when the worst meets Radiant Cowbells
weird - for 2 players that have been onsite for so long, I would think they'd have bumped into each other
-LH
^ kinda cherrypicking in my opinion
In post 88, THE MEME MEN wrote:All this talk about jesters - you guys sure you're in the right game and not in Jester Nightless by Jingle, instead? lol
Also, shouldn't we be careful about who we vote? Because if scum is well coordinated, then after we vote, they could just pile on all 4 as 4 more votes.^ kinda really lamist if I compare him here to a Micro I saw him playing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
and Aster seemed to realize how the post seemed a bit off here:
In post 90, Aster wrote:
In post 88, THE MEME MEN wrote:Also, shouldn't we be careful about who we vote? Because if scum is well coordinated, then after we vote, they could just pile on all 4 as 4 more votes.
✓ Statement meant to look townish;
✓ Statement not actually helpful.
However, she didn't change votes or got much interested on MEME MAN even though his posts seems way worse than Gamma's I would say (we can argue about that), and the same can be said to Keyser maybe.
Jesus Christ this is probably one of the best D1 opening posts of all time and singlehandedly would justify the nightkill if I am even remotely right on my reads.

I don't need all four to be right.
I don't even need all three of the big ones to be right!

If so much as 2/3 of Gamma/Meme/Aster are scum, this post alone would explain the nightkill.

Return to “Completed Open Games”