Open 784 - Hard-Boiled (Day 1)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Battle Mage
Jester
 
Joined: January 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #575  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm

*shakes head*
Show

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #576  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:37 pm

hmm, some of this townbloc is townie. but i dunno what worce did to get into the townbloc... you could make the case that the lurkiness is NAI, but theres no townie content in any of the posts. no gamesolving, nothing.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Luna Nova
Pronoun: He

Post Post #577  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:37 pm

I don't usually give an opinion on something I'm not a part of anyway but I agree with votato.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

superbowl9
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 22, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #578  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:03 pm

Welcome to the anime pfp guild CJ

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 10, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #579  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:13 pm

In post 578, superbowl9 wrote:Welcome to the anime pfp guild CJ

The anime guild is my natural enemy.

Also a slight V/LA until friday for me......getting tested for covid tomorrow and my mind is a bit elsewhere. I may be more active the rest of the week, but I am not sure.
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus

JacksonVirgo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 29, 2019
Location: Australia (AEST)
Pronoun: They

Post Post #580  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 pm

Mod NoteTux, How did you break the bbcode that bad that it broke the site layout?


VC 1.10Marashu (3) - Deimos27, superbowl9, Worcestershire
Battle Mage (1) - Tuxedo Mask
Nash (1) - ceejayvinoya
Tuxedo Mask (1) - Marashu
Midari Ikishima (5) - Doctor Drew, votato, word321, Battle Mage, brassherald
Wocestershire (1) - Midari Ikishima
votato (1) - Nash

With 7 votes as hammer... Midari Ikishima is at L-2

Deadline: 0 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes

Mod Notes:
Joined Mod iso

Midari Ikishima V/LA until Tuesday
Doctor Drew V/LA until Friday
Last edited by JacksonVirgo on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 10, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #581  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 pm

Oh forgot to bold.

V/LA until friday

Mod NoteEdited it in to the last VC
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #582  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:07 am

In post 475, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 472, votato wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 471, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 469, votato wrote:
In post 468, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 461, Deimos27 wrote:Battle Mage gives me like 16 tonnes of resonance every time he posts. He's active and engaged, he's scumhunting, he's tonally squeaky clean.
I don't have substantial logical reason for why he is town, but this is one of the stronger gutreads I've had in my mafia career.

Got it, but be careful not to ride gutreads too far! They can be your best friend and worst enemy

lets be honest, everything is a gutread. sometimes we just pretend we have better reasoning.

This is true, which is why aside from townblocing people for shorter amounts of time, it's good to be able to change your reads. Hence deimos should not ride this very strong townread the rest of the game without examination

do you think deimos was doing that? what are you trying to get at here?

Nah, I agree that BM's posting resonates with me quite well and touches all the points I would want to touch, I am just worried about setting them as town for that - I think scum could do the same thing. I don't want Deimos to fall into the trap of hearing resonant posting and townreading for the whole game because of it. Stuff like that is how good scum easily win games.

Everything I determine today is susceptible to change once we have flips and I have more rigorous logic to turn to.
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #583  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 am

In post 544, Marashu wrote:
In post 341, Deimos27 wrote:How do you reach the conclusion that scum was on both Midari and on Pi?

Tuxedo was on Midari. Pi looked to me like a good place for scum to hide because Pi seemed an easy, inactive wagon.

You seemed to implicitly assume that Midari and Pi are town. I'm especially confused about the latter.
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #584  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 am

+1 to Battle Mage's hider plan
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #585  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:09 am

In post 576, votato wrote:hmm, some of this townbloc is townie. but i dunno what worce did to get into the townbloc... you could make the case that the lurkiness is NAI, but theres no townie content in any of the posts. no gamesolving, nothing.

In post 577, ceejayvinoya wrote:I don't usually give an opinion on something I'm not a part of anyway but I agree with votato.

+
Bm plz explain
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #586  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 am

In post 479, superbowl9 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 473, Midari Ikishima wrote:
In post 436, Worcestershire wrote:Regarding my participation in the game, I have nothing relevant to share and I do not intend to invent anything to create the false impression of activity.

So you have no thoughts on the game.
Awesome. Great job. Happy with this thus far.

The fact that we can't look past a little slip of not seeing something and me moving because "heat" I find a bit disturbing as I'm not sure how many games you have been apart of where "oh that was a hammer" has happened in games you have been in. I've been around long enough to have it happen more times then I want to admit. Call it what you want. It's mildly infuriating.


I don't understand what superbowl9 is getting at roughly with the town block and what have you and what not l. Maybe I'm a bit delusional but I would expect everyone's reads to change at some point in this game otherwise this is going to get ugly quickly.

Heavy townping from this, don't think noobish scum with heavy cognitive load would see big backlash from a clear mistake and say "Why cant we move past this little slip??" Scum would try to justify more

I like this
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #587  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:12 am

I would like to officially issue superbowl his acceptance letter into the townblock.
Word I grant a provisional position.
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Deimos27
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 16, 2016
Location: EU
Pronoun: He

Post Post #588  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:22 am

I'm doubtful about this Midari wagon. I think the voting from Marashu to Worcester is perfectly well explained by the fact that Marashu got to L-1. Further, I just get this sense of foreboding from Midari's lynchbaitiness that she is scum's designated D1 mislynch. I am open to reading a case of her, but for now I think the Marashu wagon is perfectly functional. He continues to lack engagement with the game and his high-frequency absences do nothing to alleviate that.
"Wait... So I'm the mafia?" — Mini Normal 2149 | Philosophers is in Day 3!

Nash
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2020
Location: Queens
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #589  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 am

Yeah, I think the Midari wagon is lame. And I don't like votato and brass in it.

JacksonVirgo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 29, 2019
Location: Australia (AEST)
Pronoun: They

Post Post #590  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 am

Mod Notebrassherald has requested replacement. Time to cry and mourn our lost friend.

I will also be V/LA this Friday (AEST), hopefully duckyboi (even though they aint a ducky anymore) can do the mod stuff while I am gone.

JacksonVirgo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 29, 2019
Location: Australia (AEST)
Pronoun: They

Post Post #591  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am

In post 590, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Mod Notebrassherald has requested replacement. Time to cry and mourn our lost friend.

I will also be V/LA this Friday (AEST), hopefully duckyboi (even though they aint a ducky anymore) can do the mod stuff while I am gone.

Mod NoteThat's been extended. Friday - Saturday AEST I will be V/LA so the worst will take over for those days. Sorry for the inconvenience fam

Worcestershire
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 19, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #592  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am

In post 561, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 559, Worcestershire wrote:So there are two roles in one ?

I have a little more time available today. I still have Marashu as a suspect and now my impression of Battle Mage has improved more significantly (as town). Good impressions about Superbowl and Word too.

Roles are page 1. Town has a hider, a half tracker half vig (chosen), and a half cop half psychologist (random).

Are there specific reasons for these reads? Any posts you can share?


My impressions are more for tone and intuition, I don't have a specific post to show.

Worcestershire
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 19, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #593  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am

In post 562, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 554, Worcestershire wrote:As I understand it, there are three possibilities:

1- Choose a mafia and die.
2- Choose a vigilante and die.
3- Choose a victim and die together if visited by mafia/vigilante.

The only problem is that in two of these three scenarios the vigilante distorts the expected result, which can lead to a misinterpretation of the facts, especially in possibility 2. If that could be adjusted, it would be a good plan.


We won't have a vigilante. This is one good reason why.

Also, the most likely possibility, and the one you've missed here, is that the hider hides behind town and lives, but doesn't claim. Then once they die, we potentially have a conftown late in the game, which would be hugely useful.


Good observation, I didn't pay attention to these details. If the vigilante problem doesn’t occur, we can follow your plan.

Worcestershire
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 19, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #594  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 am

In post 563, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 555, Worcestershire wrote:
In post 458, superbowl9 wrote:Unless a lot of people choose the same person to hide behind, that's the only downside I can see


We could establish a variation of choice to avoid this.


I have suggested (Well, actually it wasn't my idea, but I endorsed and tweaked it) a solution to this - we all pick the person above us in the playerlist. that way, only 1 person picks each person.


I was thinking about creating priorities of choice and then distributing it among the players, but your idea is more practical.

Worcestershire
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 19, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #595  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:10 am

In post 566, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 559, Worcestershire wrote:
In post 556, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 554, Worcestershire wrote:As I understand it, there are three possibilities:

1- Choose a mafia and die.
2- Choose a vigilante and die.
3- Choose a victim and die together if visited by mafia/vigilante.

The only problem is that in two of these three scenarios the vigilante distorts the expected result, which can lead to a misinterpretation of the facts, especially in possibility 2. If that could be adjusted, it would be a good plan.


It can be adjusted by there not being a Vig. The person who got Vig can choose to be a tracker instead, and since this is the public plan then it's safe to assume they will/should.

What's with the uptick in activity? You connecting with the game now? What are your reads?

Anything to add Brass?


So there are two roles in one ?

I have a little more time available today. I still have Marashu as a suspect and now my impression of Battle Mage has improved more significantly (as town). Good impressions about Superbowl and Word too.


Excellent, I think that's a pretty good little townbloc, and we can even add Deimos, whom I adore.

Battle Mage - Superbowl - Word - Worcestershire - Deimos

If we all stick together, we should be able to clean this place up, lickety split!


I don't feel comfortable with Deimos on that list. He passes on an analytical confidence that does not seem natural to me.

Worcestershire
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 19, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #596  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:25 am

True concern, but disproportionate tingling of Tuxedo on page 23.

superbowl9
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 22, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #597  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm

In post 587, Deimos27 wrote:I would like to officially issue superbowl his acceptance letter into the townblock.
Word I grant a provisional position.

Position accepted. :good:

superbowl9
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 22, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #598  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm

Also good luck with your corona test Drew!

Battle Mage
Jester
 
Joined: January 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #599  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:44 pm

In post 576, votato wrote:hmm, some of this townbloc is townie. but i dunno what worce did to get into the townbloc... you could make the case that the lurkiness is NAI, but theres no townie content in any of the posts. no gamesolving, nothing.


He is blunt, direct, doesn't give a crap. He is welcoming the heat. I like it. Call it a gut read, but the dude is town for me today.

In post 577, ceejayvinoya wrote:I don't usually give an opinion on something I'm not a part of anyway but I agree with votato.


Agreeing with votato? no bueno
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park