Open 786 | Dream Mafia | Night 1

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Jesus Christ
Townie
 
Joined: July 03, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #450  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am

Don't post reads without explaining them...

still think Battle Mage is most likely cultist, and nobody else really fits as his leader.

Why is Battle Mage cultist? They seem like the leader because they are not posting.

Logicalicaltist
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 10, 2020

Post Post #451  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 am

In post 250, Jesus Christ wrote:
In post 223, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 217, clidd wrote: and demonstrate a sequential organization of reads that I don't remember seeing from you in our past game:

viewtopic.php?t=83080&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=5673&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go

My impression is that the more formal way you are approaching reads is very cautious for the profile that I imagine you have, which also gives the *feeling* of a scum agenda.


Honestly if I’m wrong on the scum team, BM would be my next guess.
Sure, why not vote this.

VOTE: BM

Why vote your third scumread?

In post 294, Jesus Christ wrote:Anyone else except for Korina, Battle Mage, or JacksonVirgo.


What changed?

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #452  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:02 am

In post 450, Jesus Christ wrote:Don't post reads without explaining them...

still think Battle Mage is most likely cultist, and nobody else really fits as his leader.

Why is Battle Mage cultist? They seem like the leader because they are not posting.
Why not? It's D1 and the game is on hold. 0lus it's only 20 pages, half of which is my predecessor. I am going off of what little is here amd I believe I have some solid stances thus far. They are all based in very little however, thus I will likely not go into reasoning today.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle

This avatar was brought to you by Panzerjager

I made a bad SUPP wager, here are my thoughts on it: :idea: :!: XD OwO XD UwU XD QwQ XD O.o :eek: :S :S :/ :\ :/ ~.~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ :evil: :dead: :dead: (22/22 in sig)

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack
 
User avatar
Joined: August 12, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #453  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Spam nightmare.
All the scumbuddies are making a fuss,
But I can't pay attention 'cause I'm on that bus.

Jesus Christ
Townie
 
Joined: July 03, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #454  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:04 pm

In post 451, Logicalicaltist wrote:What changed?

Battle Mage is playing safe by not posting, which is the perfect strategy of a cult leader so they have minimal chance of getting hanged. Plus, my earlier read is apparently factually inaccurate.

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #455  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:11 pm

In post 454, Jesus Christ wrote:
In post 451, Logicalicaltist wrote:What changed?

Battle Mage is playing safe by not posting, which is the perfect strategy of a cult leader so they have minimal chance of getting hanged. Plus, my earlier read is apparently factually inaccurate.
BM isn't posting because they are being replaced out I assume.
This doesn't seem like the best argument.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle

This avatar was brought to you by Panzerjager

I made a bad SUPP wager, here are my thoughts on it: :idea: :!: XD OwO XD UwU XD QwQ XD O.o :eek: :S :S :/ :\ :/ ~.~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ :evil: :dead: :dead: (22/22 in sig)

innocentvillager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 12, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #456  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 am

BM is cult leader prob still idk maybe

GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #457  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Hiraki replaces Doctor Drew.

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack
 
User avatar
Joined: August 12, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #458  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Hm that name sounds familiar.
All the scumbuddies are making a fuss,
But I can't pay attention 'cause I'm on that bus.

Hiraki
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 16, 2010
Pronoun: He

Post Post #459  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm

ego

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #460  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:36 pm

In post 459, Hiraki wrote:ego
id
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle

This avatar was brought to you by Panzerjager

I made a bad SUPP wager, here are my thoughts on it: :idea: :!: XD OwO XD UwU XD QwQ XD O.o :eek: :S :S :/ :\ :/ ~.~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ :evil: :dead: :dead: (22/22 in sig)

Hiraki
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 16, 2010
Pronoun: He

Post Post #461  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 pm

I can only hope that everyone is playing on Dark mode.

In post 33, Korina wrote:Hang on, dealing with some other things, but I'll reply to your joke when I can, but CL is likely gonna be the towniest player. CL doesn't wanna die in general because they're the most valuable person for cult. They could theoretically bus cultists, but why
Yikes

In post 35, JacksonVirgo wrote:In seriousness though, I don't like this post and I have no idea why
Honesty?

In post 46, Korina wrote:Also, cult probably always cults me because as town, I'm the biggest threat to cult. I'm the person who loves playing them the most, so I would be the person who's best equipt to figure out exactly who the cultists are, and who they're very likely to cult. As cult, I'm the biggest help to cult because that information I'd end up giving town if I was town? I no longer give. Why? Because I'm now trying to help cult.
My vote is probably on this slot.

In post 49, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 48, JacksonVirgo wrote:How would we possibly know that scummy person Y is a cultist over the cult leader.

If you say that the CL would not appear scummy, that's stupid. If scum could 100% reliably be townie then the cultists would do the same
Good.

In post 50, Korina wrote:Once again Jackson, you're blatantly missing the point. The Cult Leader will not play scummily. They will play extremely townie.
He's not missing the point. The point is that very good scum are usually hidden well in town too. Your point is that a good cult leader is going to act like town. Thanks?

In post 51, Korina wrote:Look at what I posted, and explain to me, if you are CL, why the fuck aren't you trying to play as townie as possible, to avoid being lynched?
Yeah, I guess town should act scummy! Haha...?

In post 64, JacksonVirgo wrote:Trying to look townier does not mean they will look townier, how do you not understand what I am saying.
yeah but bro his logic makes sense, don't question man

Korina likes to post paragraphs that are just hard to read and do not produce any help at all to the game. The problem is that Korina thinks it's helpful.

In post 78, Battle Mage wrote:everything in Red is a terrible idea.
Shame he replaced out. Would be the first time me and BM ever agreed on something.

In post 93, JacksonVirgo wrote:Let's hammer Korina because we have to lynch top town and apparently they're top town so yeah genius plan.
The problem is that Korina is not top town at this point. The problem is that Korina is telling us to lynch town because they're being townie and actively being pro-cult at the same time. It's a clear anomaly.

In post 99, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 78, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 8, Korina wrote:Ok, I'm gonna paraphrase my thoughts because I'm not sure if I can get in trouble for basically copy-pasting them, but... we should have UTs, and only UTs claim today. If we have UTs, we can treat them as basically a public masonry, and if any cult tries to also claim UT to get into it, that's fine too, because they're gonna have to act townie and go against two people who are actually town, so they should likely out themselves relatively quickly

second, if there is a CC to anything we're not lynching them until CL is dead. Period.

Also, if CL is lynched today, everyone claims tomorrow, no questions asked. If there is only one TPR, (C1 or C2), then we're kinda fucked and we actually have to play the game; otherwise, we just automatically win


everything in Red is a terrible idea. :facepalm:


Terrible ideas are NAI.
It doesn’t make them scum.
Correct!

In post 112, Ythan wrote:And calling it rvs after I show up to four pages of nonsense spamis a littler disingenuous as well.
Agreed. Reeked of more PA than anything.

In post 127, Battle Mage wrote:HOWEVER, it feels much more like cultist than cult leader.
Agreed.

In post 131, iamausername wrote:liking Jackson for town, first of all, their willingness to wade through Korina's mountain of bullshit and actually try to ascertain alignment from it is good stuff, and secondly i think cult who thinks someone is softclaiming probably doesn't call attention to it in the way that they did.
Agreed.

In post 131, iamausername wrote:don't like Doctor Drew making a post to say "i'm totally not cult you guys" and nothing else.
Disagreed.

In post 131, iamausername wrote:Battle Mage jumping to full willingness to yeet Korina when fully 1/3 of the playerlist hadn't made a single post, on top of "Korina is probably cultist not CL, but actually he might be CL", in 127 is worse. the first half of that is entirely reasonable, the second half feels like hedging his bets in case town consensus is that we should aim for the leader.
Completely disagreed.

In post 158, Korina wrote:So how are you certain I'm a VT, and not something else?
This might be the worst question of the entire game, by far.

In post 164, Korina wrote:And before you say I got angry in thread in the cult game I played under alt, that was because the game was over, and I had lost.
Weird flex.

In post 176, Ythan wrote:Again this is literally just how mafia works. People go after who they think is likely to be scum.
Agreed. I don't really see why Jesus Christ keeps doing this. If there's a person that I'd shoot for CL right now, it's there.

In post 178, Logicalicaltist wrote:But then stop and ask yourself. Why did I ask Jesus that question and instead of becoming paranoid and confused all you have to do is sit down with Jesus and discuss about Korina’s Meta with them.
Not following this.

In post 183, JacksonVirgo wrote:This may be confirmation bias but the scummy people protecting Korina seems telling for something
Not necessarily.

In post 191, Ythan wrote:It's still a bad post because it's pointless spam from a perspective that doesn't understand how mafia is played. So, yeah.
I'd like to add on that there was a detraction of the original question (even reflection?) as if it didn't matter, which it seems after posting that it does not.

In post 207, Battle Mage wrote:But even if I didn't take what you said at face value, it's still hard to believe you would run such a self-destructive gambit if you were a PR yourself, given your familiarity with the setup.
To push this a little further, there's little to no reason for a doubting town to do anything Korina says without a claim. So it's either cult or VT or bad PR play.

In post 210, iamausername wrote:Korina and Battle Mage share a desperate desire to make this game all about Korina

i prefer to acknowledge that there are eight other players in the game, one of whom still hasn't made a single post
Okay??? Can they not have a discussion???

In post 217, clidd wrote:My impression is that the more formal way you are approaching reads is very cautious for the profile that I imagine you have, which also gives the *feeling* of a scum agenda.
Yuck.

In post 252, Ythan wrote:
In post 251, Logicalicaltist wrote:They seem to be a slot of attention and I SR them.
Eliminating them will help determine the position on Username/Ythan.

This is a shockingly bad and illogical post even after reading your posts all yesterday.
Perhaps this proves he isn't a cult (harr harr)

In post 307, Logicalicaltist wrote:@Jesus
What specifically do you want me to explain regarding my reads?
What a bad question.

In post 311, spicer1209 wrote:Korina is significant to me mostly because of the way he is acting (ie "fucking lynch me", trying to call the shots and speaking TO the town, all kinds of set up speculation) all seems consistent to me as the actions of someone who is overly excited and has a raging role boner. He gave off the vibe of "if you believe me or follow my lead then you don't deserve to have me in the game" which is something I can relate to because when I was younger I used to do that same shit when I had a power role. I personally don't see scum coming out of the gate with this level of a gambit. Of course you can get into the circular logic of "thats what they want you to think." however in my experience that is hardly ever pulled off, especially with someone who spams the board like he washed down a bag of meth with a Rockstar. For now I'm inclined to believe him
Interesting approach, I'm not behind it but I understand what you mean. I just think you're underestimating Korina's ability a little.

In post 311, spicer1209 wrote:He is always talking in circles it feels like but my gut tells me this is the act of a bad player more than a scummy player.
This could be true. Reminder to self to look into this. I don't like meta but it could help here.

In post 320, spicer1209 wrote:All the fuss just to get replaced lol wut
Remember! Korina replaced when he was cult last time because everything was going wrong!

In post 322, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 312, Ythan wrote:Wow Friday and still no Korina how about that.


Activity has nothing to do with Alignment.
Not necessarily. Ahh, my man spicer barely beat me.

In post 330, Jesus Christ wrote:Well, anyway, Logilcalicaltist certainly isn't playing towny, as a cult leader would do, so we should hang someone else.
Agreed. Sorry to say that I am still pointing my finger at you.

In post 334, Ythan wrote:Disagree, there's definite incentive d1 for the two cult roles to behave differently. A cultist can be sacrificed but losing the leader d1 would be pretty rough.

@Spicer
Correct!

In post 362, innocentvillager wrote:I would look to username then Jesus next, username makes sense as a partner.
Switch the order and we have a deal!

In post 370, spicer1209 wrote:I am with username when it comes to getting more meaningful content out of the Doctor Drew slot. Doctor Drew came off as if he didnt give a shit about this game straight from the beginning. Which makes it feel to me as if he might as well have had said nothing at all.
Even being his replacee, I agree with this.

In post 460, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 459, Hiraki wrote:ego
id
?

Vote: JesusChrist

innocentvillager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 12, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #462  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:27 pm

BM is scummy and Jesus is pushing that slot so I disagree with eliming Jesus

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #463  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:30 pm

In post 462, innocentvillager wrote:BM is scummy and Jesus is pushing that slot so I disagree with eliming Jesus
Jesus could always be CL pushing their buddy
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle

This avatar was brought to you by Panzerjager

I made a bad SUPP wager, here are my thoughts on it: :idea: :!: XD OwO XD UwU XD QwQ XD O.o :eek: :S :S :/ :\ :/ ~.~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ :evil: :dead: :dead: (22/22 in sig)

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack
 
User avatar
Joined: August 12, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #464  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Yay.
All the scumbuddies are making a fuss,
But I can't pay attention 'cause I'm on that bus.

Logicalicaltist
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 10, 2020

Post Post #465  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Logic.

spicer1209
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 04, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #466  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Prod dodging but I’ve been following the thread. Just really haven’t seen anything significant. I’m down for either the Username or the BM wagon. I don’t necessarily think User is the CL but I do think he is scum

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #467  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Lol a proddodge after 5 days.

I didn't even realize you were in the game bro! XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle

This avatar was brought to you by Panzerjager

I made a bad SUPP wager, here are my thoughts on it: :idea: :!: XD OwO XD UwU XD QwQ XD O.o :eek: :S :S :/ :\ :/ ~.~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ :evil: :dead: :dead: (22/22 in sig)

Hiraki
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 16, 2010
Pronoun: He

Post Post #468  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:47 pm

I'll admit that agreeing with BM is about the worst thing I could do from a metal perspective but I think JC fundamentally fits the time of CL better. I can go deeper into this if necessary.

spicer1209
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 04, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #469  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 pm

In post 467, Aristophanes wrote:Lol a proddodge after 5 days.

I didn't even realize you were in the game bro! XD


The game was moving at a snails pace and I felt I like I said everything I needed to say! Lol

Seriously though my play style is to observe and then write these big ass wall of text touching on everything. Unless the posting REALLY picks up and then I borderline spam. I’m a complicated individual lol

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #470  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 pm

That's okay Spicer! Maybe I'll read pages 10-17 tomorrow to wrap up my understanding of this game.

Maybe I won't.

Doesn't seem to matter too much right now.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle

This avatar was brought to you by Panzerjager

I made a bad SUPP wager, here are my thoughts on it: :idea: :!: XD OwO XD UwU XD QwQ XD O.o :eek: :S :S :/ :\ :/ ~.~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ :evil: :dead: :dead: (22/22 in sig)

innocentvillager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 12, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #471  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:09 am

In post 470, Aristophanes wrote:That's okay Spicer! Maybe I'll read pages 10-17 tomorrow to wrap up my understanding of this game.

Maybe I won't.

Doesn't seem to matter too much right now.

i townread this lol

spicer1209
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 04, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #472  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm

I read it as sarcasm lol seriously it’s time to pick someone and lynch them or else interest and desire is going to stall out. We have two wagons right now. BM and user. We need to inject life into the game and spark discussion and that usually happens after a flip. Or we wait around and try a last minute lynch and hope people care enough get on to finish the wagon

Jesus Christ
Townie
 
Joined: July 03, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #473  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 pm

In post 455, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 454, Jesus Christ wrote:
In post 451, Logicalicaltist wrote:What changed?

Battle Mage is playing safe by not posting, which is the perfect strategy of a cult leader so they have minimal chance of getting hanged. Plus, my earlier read is apparently factually inaccurate.
BM isn't posting because they are being replaced out I assume.
This doesn't seem like the best argument.

Well, this is true I suppose. UNVOTE: Battle Mage

I guess we should wait for the replacements to give an impression before we hang.

iamausername
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2008
Location: England
Pronoun: He

Post Post #474  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:15 pm

well that long ass Hiraki post doesn't make me any less inclined to believe that his slot is the cult leader that's for damn sure
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park