Open 798 | PYPX/Y+I/M | Day Four

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Menalque
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2019
Location: Madrid, Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3450  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 am

The obvious concern here is that you are the neighbouriser, N_M is the cop/redirector slot but he removes himself for consideration by claiming a back-up neighbouriser to force a false pool that inevitably loses the game in (Dave/peta/S_S/infinity)

That requires a team of exactly you/N_M/lilith

The other team I’m mostly considering is Dave/peta/lilith
“I thought Menalque played a measured and dashing game.” ~ FakeGod

Menalque
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2019
Location: Madrid, Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3451  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:50 am

In post 3449, Best Bird wrote:And like - dave's posting today was just bad


Yes, I know, but then I’m questioning whether he would do posting that bad right after tying himself irrevocably to one of his buddies KNOWING that success in the line he’s pushing leads to him looking v bad
“I thought Menalque played a measured and dashing game.” ~ FakeGod

Menalque
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2019
Location: Madrid, Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3452  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am

When I flip town, I mean
“I thought Menalque played a measured and dashing game.” ~ FakeGod

Best Bird
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3453  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am

That also requires both me and n_m to have consciously chosen the same number, being at the bottom of the draft, and getting those two roles.

Menalque
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2019
Location: Madrid, Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3454  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 am

Hoopla, what does your theory around solving around me have to say about the fact that there are two scummy slots that basically clear me if either flip scum?
“I thought Menalque played a measured and dashing game.” ~ FakeGod

Menalque
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2019
Location: Madrid, Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3455  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 am

In post 3453, Best Bird wrote:That also requires both me and n_m to have consciously chosen the same number, being at the bottom of the draft, and getting those two roles.


Okay, good point, I think we can rule that one out
“I thought Menalque played a measured and dashing game.” ~ FakeGod

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3456  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:31 am

In post 3448, Best Bird wrote:
In post 3446, Menalque wrote:What do you think about my dave/peta/infinity/S_S conundrum, Best Bird?


It makes my head hurt. I can see the dave/peta thing but I don't know how I feel about it on gut yet.

do you have thoughts on who is scum in the redirector group
free crypto

davesaz
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2014
Location: Socially distant
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3457  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 am

In post 3425, Hoopla wrote:@dave, N_M, lilith, peta

if menalque is scum, who are his partners?

One day at a time. If we miss it's getting too close to not mattering, so I'll take the one in the hand over the one in the bush.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community

davesaz
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2014
Location: Socially distant
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3458  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 am

In post 3449, Best Bird wrote:And like - dave's posting today was just bad

My posting today is the absolute best posting ever from town.
My town posting is always the best ever.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3459  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 pm

fio the record - i'm not townclearing dave. i'm just saying he picked the role he claims to have picked. but menalque keeps trying to push outside the redirector pool and go after lilith when i can't see a mafia nokill on night 1 as a realistic play, which makes me want him dead
free crypto

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3460  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:13 pm

i abjectly don't fucking care if i get flipped today, it's better than flipping someone who can't be redirector
free crypto

Menalque
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2019
Location: Madrid, Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3461  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 pm

In post 3460, petapan wrote:i abjectly don't fucking care if i get flipped today, it's better than flipping someone who can't be redirector


Why tho? The redirector pool is only 4 people, it’s 5 people from the non-redirector Pool

Do you think there are 2 scum in the redirector pool? If you don’t, even with removing yosrswlf from the occasion, it’s a higher % hit
“I thought Menalque played a measured and dashing game.” ~ FakeGod

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3462  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:42 pm

i'd rather read in a smaller group of people where i know there's at least one, find them, and work outward from there if we manage to get that flip and not lose the game
free crypto

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3463  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm

i'd prefer not to get yeeted obviously but if people are gonna suggest i'm scum for nebulous reasons then we can resolve that issue right now

i entirely think it's possible ther could be multiple scum in the group given how infinity went from trying to talk nice to me, be like "c'mon i want you to solve" to turning on me and deciding i'm most likely scum when i actually bothered to piece together the mechanics rather than just sheeping along and voting lilith
free crypto

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3464  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 pm

In post 2513, Menalque wrote:My logic on lili being locktown is as follows:

There is confirmed to me that there is a JK in the slots above me (pine requested JK and didn’t get it)

Lilith is claimed JK

I don’t see why scum lili would claim a JK on me there but I think town!lili excited because she thought it was a guilty /totally would/ out herself there


***

I think skitter is scummy for not being dead and for pushing lili like this, which is what I think scum would do if there’s a doctor in the game who blocked the kill N1 and who scum are worried would cover lili last night

whatever happened to this reasoning, btw

did it suddenly go away because lilith is a convenient vote, or what
free crypto

Infinity 324
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3465  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:27 pm

In post 3463, petapan wrote:i'd prefer not to get yeeted obviously but if people are gonna suggest i'm scum for nebulous reasons then we can resolve that issue right now

i entirely think it's possible ther could be multiple scum in the group given how infinity went from trying to talk nice to me, be like "c'mon i want you to solve" to turning on me and deciding i'm most likely scum when i actually bothered to piece together the mechanics rather than just sheeping along and voting lilith


I didn’t feel like I saw real solving from you. Mostly just shading of me. There’s a few things that give me doubt about your slot, but overall I feel like you played really scummy this day phase.

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3466  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:31 pm

scummy because...?
free crypto

Infinity 324
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3467  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Because you’re not solving? You don’t seem confident in your point of view, just very confident mine is wrong. In this gamestate, town needs to solve the whole scumteam and scum just need to make sure that town don’t have/successfully push the correct narrative.

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3468  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:46 pm

i don't see how lack of confidence in my own viewpoint is scummy as opposed to me being unconfident town

i could go back, reread the game thread, iso everyone, do casewalls, but 1. it'd be a bunch of performative bullshit that i'd probably get wrong regardless 2. it isn't likely to get read, anyway

so instead i'm just gonna point my finger at people where i know there's gotta be scum and if i'm wrong, oh well, we both deserve to lose
free crypto

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3469  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm

as it is i think you're probably attacking me for strategic reasons and so i don't have any particular reason to want to persuade you and certainly won't jump through hoops to impress you. if you actually are town then we've failed to see eye to eye, likely because of a fundamental difference in how we choose to approach the game. i don't know that that's something that can be overcome, at least not within the confines of this game
free crypto

Something_Smart
Somewhat_Balanced
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2015
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3470  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:19 pm

In post 3464, petapan wrote:whatever happened to this reasoning, btw

did it suddenly go away because lilith is a convenient vote, or what

this is a good point
"If I draw a ball from a bowl that contains 3 red balls and 6 blue balls, how likely do I get a.. BALL??" -Almost50
"Such poor quality sleep. I woke up and my nightmares are still real." -morph the cat
"Do whatever S_S says" -Isis

Infinity 324
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3471  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:19 pm

But you don’t seem unconfident. You’re very confident I’m wrong. If you’re town, I don’t deserve to lose because you were wrong, and I’m almost 100% sure working with mena and hoopla is our best bet but you seemed to be very against that for reasons I don’t understand.

Something_Smart
Somewhat_Balanced
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2015
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3472  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:21 pm

in particular, Menalque, you were disagreeing with skitter while she was alive despite townreading her, but once she's flipped you now want to sheep her reads. Why is that?
"If I draw a ball from a bowl that contains 3 red balls and 6 blue balls, how likely do I get a.. BALL??" -Almost50
"Such poor quality sleep. I woke up and my nightmares are still real." -morph the cat
"Do whatever S_S says" -Isis

petapan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2012

Post Post #3473  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:22 pm

In post 3471, Infinity 324 wrote:But you don’t seem unconfident. You’re very confident I’m wrong. If you’re town, I don’t deserve to lose because you were wrong, and I’m almost 100% sure working with mena and hoopla is our best bet but you seemed to be very against that for reasons I don’t understand.

because i don't fucking townread them lmfao
free crypto

Infinity 324
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3474  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Yeah idk. I hate it when people tell me my strong TRs are wrong, it happens all the time and I’m almost always right. If you were town, I’d expect you to at least give some consideration to my PoV here since you don’t really have a cohesive one of your own and you’ve townread me in the past. Obviously I don’t have everything figured out, and I could be wrong on mena/hoopla but the fact that you don’t even seem to be considering my PoV feels like you’re approaching this with an agenda and opposed to just not having confidence.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park