Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by yessiree »

VC 1.2

With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate

T-Bone - Kerset, Bingle
Klick - Bambi Jay
Bingle - Vex Vience

Note Voting - T-Bone, Klick, Anastasia, Rational Madman, LlamaFluff

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-05-23 22:00:00)
Last edited by yessiree on Fri May 14, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 249, Klick wrote:This is a stark contrast to your type of content from last game Llama
My gut reads that as alignment-indicative. Should it?
No. Last game I was active when the game was active. Now im in after the fact (and about to go to bed) and trying to piece stuff together. Different scenarios entirely. It is different alignment, but even if I wanted not like it could be different in play so far. Office job (yay being old), and as said Thursdays are bad for access until very late.

Im mostly just thinking about pre-game topics and I think without my prodding that scum last game would have had to ad-lib what happened on the spot (if/when it gets released you will see that) so far my best read is Ana being afraid of me reads town as there is little reason to be afraid of a player they have never had any experience with playing town before, but reason to be afraid of a player who as scum was getting called town, if they themselves are town.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

I didn't say Cultists can't convert, I said Lovers can't unlike sime forms of Mason which is a mechanical difference.

I also am quite sure it's a slip still but waa open to give the benefit of doubt. If you're scum and followed the mental oarh 'I wanna refer tonthe thread the Town pair use' and were under severe pressure, you'd probably alip away ng 'mason thread' especially of it felt mechanically identical to you. Why would Bingle as a Lover not say Lover thread? He never said mason PT until then correct? I am genuinely asking I may have missed it this or last game somewhere.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Slip saying* 'mason thread*

*Path

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Mental path*

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 207, Bingle wrote:
In post 201, RationalMadman wrote:I never said we have a cult, I need a break anyway this is getting ridiculous but I townread it being ridiculous because Vex is ridiculous as Town so honestly for me the Vanilla scum is between Bambi and Llama. Vex is more likely Town for suddenly defending Bingle after scumreading Bingle over a genuine error that I can't believe isn't either an accident or a genuine slip made by someone trying to lie and coming up with the wrong role name... Yeah, I think I have no choice to Townread this kind of flipflop by Vex, since it fits with their Town meta last game, as does the tunneling nature of the original interaction.

I will take a break for around two hours at least.
:thorface:

I'm either a scum lover or a town lover or an impressively massive idiot who managed to convince my scumteam to play a truly insanely ballsy gambit with no upside. How would my somehow forgetting my own role name be scum indicative?
No, Vex can be Town vs you as Scum. Pretty simple third alternative to a bus that still leaves you as Scum, what kind of retort is that anyway? Are you saying it's intuitive and more probable that you did this as Lover who called their Lover PT a Mason thread?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Team is Ker/Bing and one of Bambi or Llama most probably.

However, Bingle outs an explicit townread on Bambi twice, idk why but this makes me wonder if he'd do that to jisbpartner... Bing/Ker/Llama is one viable team for sure and the one I'm thinking is the case rn but Bing/Ker/Bambi is just as viable.

Klick/T-bone/Vex is viable.

Vex thinks he's Towny when he types a lot and attacks+defends even flexing to me gow Townread he wasnlast game, so Vex as Scum probably just does the same thing but perhaps with less ferocity, which is the case this game.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

I feel the interaction between Klick and Llama was organic here in the last page's ending to this one, so I don't see them as a team. Bambi is viable on both teams and is posting very little other than fluff so far.

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 11:31 pm

Post by Klick »

I've only just realised how difficult this game is for town. At first I thought this was pretty townsided because it's two sets of 2v1s and scum's wincon was to survive to the end of one of them. But actually, if town makes one mistake here, it's already MyLo/LyLo the next day. Scum definitely have the advantage in terms of their level of influence just due to sheer numbers.

To offset this, we could potentially agree to something where the person eliminated decides who is eliminated after them? The odds of one townie/town lover pair being correct in their 50/50 are higher than the odds of successfully voting one of that 50/50 as a group in XLo.

Thoughts?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 pm

Post by Klick »

Reading more in-depth, as of Page 5 I'm leaning Kerset-Bingle as scum over RM-Ana. RM feels basically the same as last game, free with his thoughts, not a clear agenda other than solving. Ana isn't doing much other than complaining about RM as a partner and fawning over Kerset, and I almost feel as though she'd feel more of a... I guess, 'responsibility' to carry RM as a scum buddy than she would if they were town together? Something about Ana/RM being 2/3 of her mafia team instead of 2/6 of the town. I think her resignation is more likely to come from the former than the latter.
Meanwhile so far Kerset is doing literally nothing to advance the game and a quick ISO shows that that doesn't change.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:24 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 256, RationalMadman wrote:Vex thinks
they're
Towny when
they
type a lot and attacks+defends even flexing to me gow Townread he was last game, so Vex as Scum probably just does the same thing but perhaps with less ferocity, which is the case this game.
I am very sorry for this error.

I have corrected pronouns.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:27 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 258, Klick wrote:I've only just realised how difficult this game is for town. At first I thought this was pretty townsided because it's two sets of 2v1s and scum's wincon was to survive to the end of one of them. But actually, if town makes one mistake here, it's already MyLo/LyLo the next day. Scum definitely have the advantage in terms of their level of influence just due to sheer numbers.
It is initially townsided if it wasn't for the wincon of a lack of vanilla Townies resulting in autoloss for Town.

Because of that unique wincon, it means that the fake Lover and fake Vanilla both have equal chance to carry scum to victory.

The reason this is not Townsided is also that there is absolutely no investigative role.

The lack of night periods is also fair on Town because it allows equally for one wrong elimination of either trio (lover pairs or vanilla soloists)

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 260, RationalMadman wrote:Vex thinks they're Towny when they type a lot and attacks+defends even flexing to me how Townread they were last game, so Vex as Scum probably just does the same thing but perhaps with less ferocity, which is the case this game.
One thing I'd like to add to this is that bussing doesn't interfere with town telling as scum, it compliments it incredibly well if you're the one to survive it.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:33 am

Post by Kerset »

I like how everyone expect me to carry this game. Meanwhile all people do is saying "i like pair X/Y more then Z/A". Nobody adds real effort, just surface thoughts but i am expected to solve this game already.
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 247, LlamaFluff wrote:@Kerset, Bingle, Bambi - Please explain your vote split over a single pair.
to compare T-Bone reaction
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Kerset
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:53 am

Post by Kerset »

klick, towncase T-bone for me
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:54 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I town read Kerset's last two posts but I scumread Bingle this game especially after that reaction to calling it a mason thread.

I am willing to vote Bingle and Kerset if it is agreed that them flipping scum means we vote Bambi and Llama next. That is honestly the best path to victory.

If it's actually Klick and T-Bone I do not realistically know who the Goon amongst the solos is and therefore I want to wait for this vote because at present, I am not certain on my read in Lovers. It is best to let the vanillas contribute a lot more (well not Vex, the other two) so that Day Phase Two can reveal alot. I also am open to us voting Vanillas/solists instead of Lovers first, this also means if it's wrong Town is at less of an influence-deficit in terms of vocal players that can determine the next vote. I'd prefer today to be Bambi vs Llama as I am quite sure of the lone scum being between them.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:54 am

Post by RationalMadman »

When I said last two, Kerset hadn't asked about towncase for Tbone, I townread that post as well.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:56 am

Post by RationalMadman »

The flip won't reveal much for DP2 of we miseliminate here on lovers, with regards to vanilla claims, since two of them have barely interacted.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 am

Post by RationalMadman »

And yes I just said I townread Vex on balance. Vex has behaved similar toblast game in multiple ways.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:24 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 266, Kerset wrote:klick, towncase T-bone for me
Wait wait wait I got this one.

Cause I'm confirmed town to Klick.

Gottem
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:25 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 220, Anastasia wrote:
In post 212, Bingle wrote:@Ana, what do you make of the VV/me back and forth?
I read players by motivation, tone, and substance.

I don't understand your motivation to argue with him on this point.

Something I see often is scum trying to argue to be
right
instead of argue about alignment.

Because they don't have to fake being right, it's something they really believe inside.

So I tend to scum-read people who argue about things that are pointless.

The way you did it with VV, I'm not sure what either of you are trying to accomplish if you're town in that argument.

So it's possible that this is some kind of scum-theatre where you argue with him about something meaningless but with enough intensity that later we think you can't be aligned when one of you and him flips.

I'll see at the end if this intuition is right or not.

I will avoid thinking you could be scum for now because it would be painful for me to think my Kerset could be scum.
I agree with nearly everything in this post....except that I will not avoid thinking that Bingle/Kerset is the scum pair, because at this point, they are the ones I believe are scum. I'm actually also leaning VV as the goon, but I don't feel as strongly atm.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 255, RationalMadman wrote:No, Vex can be Town vs you as Scum. Pretty simple third alternative to a bus that still leaves you as Scum, what kind of retort is that anyway? Are you saying it's intuitive and more probable that you did this as Lover who called their Lover PT a Mason thread?
Vex’s alignment has literally nothing to do with the slip.

Regardless of anything else, my role pm has the word lover.

Regardless of anything else, the town lovers are functionally masons.

Literally no one agrees with your nonsense reason for tunneling me.

Maybe consider that, and then look at the thread again with an open mind.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 258, Klick wrote:I've only just realised how difficult this game is for town. At first I thought this was pretty townsided because it's two sets of 2v1s and scum's wincon was to survive to the end of one of them. But actually, if town makes one mistake here, it's already MyLo/LyLo the next day. Scum definitely have the advantage in terms of their level of influence just due to sheer numbers.

To offset this, we could potentially agree to something where the person eliminated decides who is eliminated after them? The odds of one townie/town lover pair being correct in their 50/50 are higher than the odds of successfully voting one of that 50/50 as a group in XLo.

Thoughts?
It is literally a solved EV that yes posted publicly. Town has a 4/9 chance. Once we’ve committed to a lim, we solve within that pool if we’re wrong.

Return to “Completed Open Games”