Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 11:59 am

Post by absinthe »

I guess. I wondered why duplicate TSTBS though.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by absinthe »

doesn't really fit though. TWTBAW. maybe it was just out of order.

Anyway. I'm reading through the Innocent Things game. I see some similarities and some differences. I needed some town games that you're using for comparison purposes to calibrate.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1986, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1981, absinthe wrote:
In post 1975, Dunnstral wrote:Pushing unwnd feels like you're burning bridges (and then they end up being scum half the time anyway)
What games have you played with scum-unwnd?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85197&user_select[]=32950

Scum partner here is FL and you can see how unwnd performs theatre, andhas some complaints, and posts a lot. Big word count.

After looking that game over I wouldn't feel comfortable towning them for anything in this game, they put their all into scum
His posts in that game are a lot more focused than here. Here he's been so much on the back foot, really from the moment Anastasia went after him.

I've been worried about the lack of focus in this game, and that his posts aren't easy to understand and follow. In the game above, his stances were pretty damn clear throughout.

I've actually been comparing the incomprehensibility to his replacement scum game that Luke and I were in.

I have more reading to do.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2004, absinthe wrote:I've been worried about the lack of focus in this game, and that his posts aren't easy to understand and follow.
Do you really think that this game?
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by catboi »

So, on a reread of Briar for interactions:

I feel very confident her and Lukewarm aren't teamed. I was feeling that way anyway (brief flash of paranoia earlier in the day aside), but this more or less solidified the read to the point I'd be fine with having the hammer passed to him right now. Although the questioning/back and forth in /// isn't strictly non-partnery in content, it feels like a free-flowing back and forth rather than something staged and Lukewarm's responses look natural. Considering Ydrasse's tendency to not pay as much attention to her teammates I wouldn't expect her to go out of her way to talk to a teammate like this in the early game. The exchange between the two in / is where I decided they were just absolutely never teamed, though. The way Lukewarm expresses apprehension and she tries to placate him would be an impressive move coming from an inexperienced scum player. 's "I pressed on it again because I didn't want it to get lost in the fray" also shows her following up on an interaction, which she wasn't particularly consistent about doing in dark waltz. Could she, theoretically, have patched this hole in her game? I suppose but I wouldn't expect her to be aware of this blind spot and people generally don't shift their playstyle until they get burned by it. Again her confidently asserting Lukewarm in seems more likely to be a read on a townie. is another interaction that doesn't feel partnery at all, lukewarm making comments about not wanting to let briar brute force her plan, her going "Oh Luke don't do this to me" in response, it would be a wholly unnecessary level of theatrical paranoia toward each other but the way she speaks to him feels more thorough than her talking to teammates in Dark Waltz III, where it all felt very terse. In she suggests the possibility of Luke being in the group at the keep. While theoretically I could see this as an attempt to engineer a master plan where she puts Lukewarm at the wall and then swaps him out, lukewarm doesn't hop on it and she defers to letting Anastasia pick the 3rd. There's also Lukewarm's response in catching my eye - "But I am still incredibly frustrated by her locking herself in without letting the thread talk about it". I simply don't see a new player talking this way about their partner. The one time Briar expresses doubt of him is in , but only fleetingly, in she's back to calling him town and in she's calling for dunn and unwnd to cross. That feels like one of those moments where scum say something truthful, give the clear to a townie because they don't have to lie that way. I just don't expect scum to assert their partner should get hammer in a situation like this, they'd feel a little more doubt.

Looking over her interactions with Dunn is where concerns started to creep up. While I realize Dunnstral isn't the most verbose player, it seems as though she barely acknowledged his existence for all of the first phase - she mentions him in her reads and her theoretical wall assignments, and then not again until 's "I don't know what I'm supposed to make of Dunnstral picking the Wall if anything." This is followed by where she's again very fencesitty on his actions. She talks to Dunn about in /, but there's not a lot to the exchange. Compliments him on his short ISO in 1071, asks him a very simple question in 1077. There's weak shade on him in 1087, pitching the hypothetical "But is the simple answer that Dunn hopped in that group to avoid auto-lose and we should just not waste our time here?". But then after that she makes a small response to him suspecting lukewarm, saying "I'll read over [Lukewarm], then, regarding the associatives." but it goes nowhere considering she self-hammers not long after.

I wouldn't say anything between them is necessarily a glaring red fag but taken as a whole the body of interactions between them
looks
like it fits the bill of how she's interacted with partners before this. There's some cursory questioning but not much else and she mostly just talks
about
him, rather than
to
him, while slotting him in the lower part of her POE for most of the game.

By contrast her approach to unwnd even early on is...well, openly flirtatious (///). I can't rule out her acting this way toward a partner but the whole vibe of her approach toward him feels super-pockety, see ///. Of course, this is all very early in the game but the expectation is that scum are going to try to build personal connections early on and the dynamic between the two of them continues throughout the game. She also goes out of her way to address him in / where in previous games she hasn't paid much attention to her partners. There's the whole dynamic in / where she's discussing her read on me with unwnd, it's not impossible for it to be theater but she's actually bothering to pay attention to him in a way that feels like she cares about what he thinks? I don't know if that's a coherent explanation. And then further on, the pockety vibes continue with //. I almost...I have a hard time seeing her acting toward a teammate this way. I feel like I need to review dark waltz III again to see how she approached him there.

The moment she finally bows to the pressure that's been on unwnd for most of the game is , and from there she shades him in a few posts in //. She speaks to him in , but contiues to begrudgingly scumread him in . I guess the question is would she bother to walk back a townread on a townie she was white knighting? She could simply keep defending him regardless until she flipped. But then I don't know why she'd bother distancing from him so late, either. Or why she keeps talking to him like she does in //. It looks like she wants his support still by complimenting him? I almost feel like the "you're doing great" comment would be something she'd say in the scum PT rather than in-thread, but that's really stupid reasoning. The vibe of is, I don't know, conciliatory even. Looking at the whole ISO threw my read in doubt because it doesn't feel like an interaction pattern that makes any sense as intentional distancing. If I had to guess at an explanation for her turning around and shading unwnd after acting pockety toward him for most of the game it'd be because she was shifting her reads to align more closely with Anastasia so Ana would be sure to vote for her.

Gosh, I need to take a nap, that took forever. (⌯͒ᵕɪᵕ⌯͒)zzZ
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2005, unwnd wrote:
In post 2004, absinthe wrote:I've been worried about the lack of focus in this game, and that his posts aren't easy to understand and follow.
Do you really think that this game?
Well, maybe lack of focus is a bad way to describe it. I said something about being on the back foot, too, which just puts you in a reactive mode. And, yeah I've had trouble processing your posts. And that could be on me.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

It could be on me too and I am willing to take blame

I don't think you've actually seen me in a XYLO as town but this is very close to my behavior

I need to think about catboi's above post and actually read it lol
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2008, unwnd wrote:I don't think you've actually seen me in a XYLO as town but this is very close to my behavior
:shifty:
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by absinthe »

Catboi is moving into the "if scum I'm gonna cry" zone.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

scum are not holding back this game
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

I say very close because I have thrown my own dignified behavior for exhaustive and continual presence

Call it impulsive lol
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2009, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2008, unwnd wrote:I don't think you've actually seen me in a XYLO as town but this is very close to my behavior
:shifty:
?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Luke, the reason my read on you changed was because once you got over the mechanics and started trying to sort alignments you came across as genuine
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2010, absinthe wrote:Catboi is moving into the "if scum I'm gonna cry" zone.
what exactly is difficult for scum to fake in that post

70% of it is literally just recapping what happened
20% of it is saying stuff does or doesn't look like a partner interaction with zero explanation
10% of it is based on Ydrasse meta which is the only actual analysis there but that's so easy to fake

or is it just, you would feel bad voting against someone who's put in so much effort?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:19 pm

In post 2011, Dunnstral wrote:scum are not holding back this game
there are two very different ways to read this lol
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2016, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2011, Dunnstral wrote:scum are not holding back this game
there are two very different ways to read this lol
:roll:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:21 pm

I assume you meant it as "this game, scum are not holding back"?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

yes
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1997, unwnd wrote:Luke, I'm pretty sure you're town. There is some doubts in some places but I'd be very impressed if you were scum here. I do note one behavior however and that's within your analysis you don't really come to a proper conclusion. Even your recent posts about you leaning back on Dunn, it sort of just ends. Your thought goes full circle and you pretty much say 'I can see town!dunn and scum!dunn doing this'. It begs the question why you wrote that all up and went through the trouble just to not formulate an endpoint. It's fine to give heady analysis and think about both perspectives, I do it all the time. That isn't my problem here, rather I just wonder what's stopping you from your own commitments. I remember your conviction being much stronger in the last time, but I am also aware that you are being more cautious after being wrong on ffery. I don't want to make that a proper excuse for you however.
I made a conclusion on my posts, but I left it at the top -
In post 1987, Lukewarm wrote:If you think that Unwnd's posts for the first half of the day were coming from sleep deprivation / frustration, then I am back to thinking it was Dunn.
I listed a lot of reasons I thought he could be scum. Then the one thing you are pointing out there at the end. Like, I was giving Dunn some townie points because when he said that he jumped in to block Infinity it felt genuine. But now he does not deserve those townie points, because it could be genuine from either alignment.

So, I listed a lot of reasons I scum read him, and explained that he lost the thing that was giving him townie points.

Maybe the post was sub-optimally structured.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

I still would like to know your S_S/Catboi read
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1997, unwnd wrote:Who do you lean when it comes to Catboi/S_S and why
I currently think it is catboi. I thought I mentioned it in my post on Dunn, but maybe I forgot. I plan on making a case when I get some proper time to work on it.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2015, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2010, absinthe wrote:Catboi is moving into the "if scum I'm gonna cry" zone.
what exactly is difficult for scum to fake in that post

70% of it is literally just recapping what happened
20% of it is saying stuff does or doesn't look like a partner interaction with zero explanation
10% of it is based on Ydrasse meta which is the only actual analysis there but that's so easy to fake

or is it just, you would feel bad voting against someone who's put in so much effort?
Who do you have as the scum at the Wall now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 2:34 pm

In post 2023, absinthe wrote:Who do you have as the scum at the Wall now?
still unwnd, I think? but growing less confident in my opinion, and caring less since it's becoming clearer that the Wall is getting resolved before the Keep.

Return to “Completed Open Games”