Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Boop
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 973, T3 wrote:Fair.

In terms of my general meta, scum!me busses early on, townreads town, and goes for weird and flashy plays.
Yeah - I used that for my first year or two when playing scum too.
<(") | (")>
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 973, T3 wrote:Fair.

In terms of my general meta, scum!me busses early on, townreads town, and goes for weird and flashy plays.
So scum!you goes to the gate, townreads town, and tries to get townread by other town in the other areas...

I didnt see any major objections to this, aside from catboi's paranoia. Skitter, if you're town, sorry. Buddy less hard next time.

VOTE: skitter
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VC 2.GATE

Gate
[2] skitter30
:
implosion,
ssbm_Kyouko
<<< HAMMER

[1] Not Voting
:
skitter30

Wall
[1] Something_Smart
:
unwnd
[1] unwnd
:
Something_Smart

[1] Not Voting
:
PenguinPower

Keep
[3] Not Voting
:
T3, catboi, Dunnstral

The Battle Phase deadline is in: (expired on 2021-08-01 23:53:26)

Mod Notes
: :]
[/color]
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

The Gate has fallen!

skitter30 was
town
and may no longer post.

implosion was
mafia
and may no longer post.

ssbm_Kyouko
clambers out of the rubble... the fight goes on.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

OK...

I'm still leaning t3/S_S as mafia
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm ready to vote now except that I don't want to leave unwnd/s_s/Penguin as the last few alive if penguin isn't sure of what they're doing

my delay was mostly to let other people weigh in, mostly the gate. Actually unwnd/s_s have both kind of taken a back seat
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

Ahh fuck I should've stuck with my gut

I'm sorry skitter
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 730, unwnd wrote:If pp quick hammers you can evaluate it. I think implo is who I'd vote in other pool
Painful
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 981, Dunnstral wrote:I'm ready to vote now except that I don't want to leave unwnd/s_s/Penguin as the last few alive if penguin isn't sure of what they're doing
ssbm can still post, don't forget.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:57 am

Post by T3 »

skitter knows my meta and was town.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:17 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

T3 would you vote catboi?

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:59 am

Post by T3 »

In post 986, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:T3 would you vote catboi?
Leaning towards catboi.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:04 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 120, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 42, implosion wrote:
In post 39, T3 wrote:
In post 37, implosion wrote:unwnd is quite town for page 2. catboi to a lesser extent.

I think there's some amount of advantage we could eke out by controlling where people go but I think we also can get a fair amount of useful info just from where people decide to go on their own. unwnd, since you were specifically worried as scum about town's options to synchronize, I'm curious what exactly you didn't want town to have the option to do.
Congrats. You are scum who has pulled reads out of your ass.
I'm not, but good try!
In post 40, unwnd wrote:Yeah I'm willing to divulge a bit. I'm sure scum is already aware of it, but there's a mechanic that allows them to switch people. This works in town's favor as well however given that two scum cannot be in the same place. Therefore, my intent in the last game was to not make any sudden movements. I didn't want to confirm any information basically. The town in that game tried to use I believe Keep(?) to box in scumreads or something to that effect. We ended up exactly 1-1-1 in terms of wagon makeup where Ydrasse followed my lead, and then catboi just happened to find himself elsewhere too. I think it's a dangerous game (for scum) if they just let townies start plotting because then the onus is put onto them, and it becomes a matter of reacting less to what town does and more about complying and hoping that their plans are misguided.
This is roughly what I figured; notably a single person doing an early jump has no impact on this plan because it doesn't matter
that
much which of the three locations we use for which purpose if we do want to go this route.
In post 43, implosion wrote:
In post 38, T3 wrote:
In post 28, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Sup nerds VOTE: Gate
Pile onto gate now
I orginally thought this was scummy, but then I thought it was towny, now I realize this is NAI :o
This post is pretty "hello world, I have an internal thought process! Guess I can't be scum!"
hmm hot take T3-implosion is theatre

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:05 am

I think Keep should be first, which leaves me once again in a situation where it's not really beneficial to say anything about it, since my opinion shouldn't really be trusted.

As for my own location, I can make a case on unwnd if PP wants, but I wouldn't really expect it to be particularly good. I did correctly scumread him last time, but I just wasn't involved enough in the game this time.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:09 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I think unwnd and S_S should unvote before peng comes online. Just. Because he didnt hammer earlier doesn't mean he wont hammer now that scum is up 1-0. However the fact neither of you unvoted already makes he think peng probably is just town because I find it hard to imagine that 2 townies both didnt have this very same thought.

Pedit: You know if you're town you shouldn't double down on the exact same strat you just used against me and Marci as scum in final 3 S_S

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 am

Except it's the truth, so I will. Sorry not sorry.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:12 am

And I did it as town in the last Guardians game. It's just how I play.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 am

If T3 is scum then that would fit with scum playing overly fancy. Implosion intentionally jumping into a 2-0-1 only to switch unwnd out is pretty weird, but I guess it was just banking on implosion flipping first, which was a pretty reasonable thing to bank on.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 am

Post by T3 »

In post 988, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 39, T3 wrote:
In post 37, implosion wrote:unwnd is quite town for page 2. catboi to a lesser extent.

I think there's some amount of advantage we could eke out by controlling where people go but I think we also can get a fair amount of useful info just from where people decide to go on their own. unwnd, since you were specifically worried as scum about town's options to synchronize, I'm curious what exactly you didn't want town to have the option to do.
I'm not, but good try!
In post 40, unwnd wrote:Yeah I'm willing to divulge a bit. I'm sure scum is already aware of it, but there's a mechanic that allows them to switch people. This works in town's favor as well however given that two scum cannot be in the same place. Therefore, my intent in the last game was to not make any sudden movements. I didn't want to confirm any information basically. The town in that game tried to use I believe Keep(?) to box in scumreads or something to that effect. We ended up exactly 1-1-1 in terms of wagon makeup where Ydrasse followed my lead, and then catboi just happened to find himself elsewhere too. I think it's a dangerous game (for scum) if they just let townies start plotting because then the onus is put onto them, and it becomes a matter of reacting less to what town does and more about complying and hoping that their plans are misguided.
This is roughly what I figured; notably a single person doing an early jump has no impact on this plan because it doesn't matter
that
much which of the three locations we use for which purpose if we do want to go this route.
In post 38, T3 wrote:
Pile onto gate now
I orginally thought this was scummy, but then I thought it was towny, now I realize this is NAI :o
This post is pretty "hello world, I have an internal thought process! Guess I can't be scum!"
implosion scumread me, the townread me, then when the consensus was that I was a scumlean implosion also did an unexplained flip on me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 am

Implosion's reads on you post-swap don't matter at all, they're all for show anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 am

In post 990, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think unwnd and S_S should unvote before peng comes online. Just. Because he didnt hammer earlier doesn't mean he wont hammer now that scum is up 1-0. However the fact neither of you unvoted already makes he think peng probably is just town because I find it hard to imagine that 2 townies both didnt have this very same thought.
I did have the thought, actually, but I felt like on the balance it wasn't worth having that paranoia when I probably wouldn't get unwnd to vote PP even if I did decide he was scum.

If you really want me to unvote though, I can.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 993, Something_Smart wrote:If T3 is scum then that would fit with scum playing overly fancy. Implosion intentionally jumping into a 2-0-1 only to switch unwnd out is pretty weird, but I guess it was just banking on implosion flipping first, which was a pretty reasonable thing to bank on.
What I gather from this is you think that if unwnd flipped first it would point to scum!implosion? How is that?

Regarding unvoting, it's up to you/unwnd. Imo you not unvoting means you've locked in PP if you're town, or you're just scum. So NAI, but if you trust your read don't unvote, give PP a chance to reappear and reconfirm himself as town.
In post 994, T3 wrote:
In post 988, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 39, T3 wrote:

I'm not, but good try!
that
In post 38, T3 wrote:
Pile onto gate now
implosion scumread me, the townread me, then when the consensus was that I was a scumlean implosion also did an unexplained flip on me.
^I dont see how that is indicative of your alignment. I think the theatrical interactions between you on the first couple of pages are telling though. If you're not going to vote catboi I think it's fine for Dunn to vote catboi now.

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 987, T3 wrote:
In post 986, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:T3 would you vote catboi?
Leaning towards catboi.
Oh I missed this post. I think consensus from you and dunn is catboi so either one of you could be scum bluffing, but both of you can't, so i think town!catboi is highly likely

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Meaning skitter/catboi was town

Return to “Completed Open Games”