Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:45 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

fwiw scum!S_S just abused me for TvT in our last game together and he would be likely to target me as IC in this one on the expectation I wouldn't be very helpful, because he's seen that my theories get wild. But I did call scum theatre on T3/Implosion (:
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I actually thought you did a really solid job in that game. It was mostly S&M's theories that were wild.

By the way I haven't ignored the request for a case. I was hoping to wait until the Keep flips because there's still a chance of Dunn scum who wanted to throw off the Wall, but I guess I can do one assuming T3 is scum, since it's pretty unlikely that he isn't.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:01 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I should probably ISO myself. Sometimes I forget about my D1 shit (T3, Implosion) and if I would have just ISOed myself, past me could have reminded me what I was thinking

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Hot take: I was ICed because my read of catboi, unwnd, skitter was 0 for 3. Peng you wanna hammer S_S now or you got any trepidation you want to discuss?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Though, scum only need to win 2 locations to win. So you being 1/3 might still be sufficient to IC you.

I wasn't aware those were your reads, though. Did you take them into account when hammering skitter?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Fwiw ssbm, I have seen so many people play one game with me and think they know me. I would imagine that you think I'm scum mostly from comparison to Owner's Market? Because if so, probably some of the things you see are just my playstyle, and not alignment-related.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:18 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I don't think I did, I just felt like skitter was being overly buddying towards me.

Mostly, yes, but I also think your early post saying you dont want to talk mechanics due to death of the designer was scummy.

First of all it was D1 and nobody is able to kill you for any of your theories on the setup. As the designer you may have had valuable info for town to use if you rolled town. Additionally, if you are worried about being SRed, you have an easy out by coming to Keep, where you can be the hammerer of town and not worry about any preconceived scumreads that stemmed from your setup discussion.

Reads like a reason not to contribute, which shouldn't be something town is concerned about in this setup.

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1030, Something_Smart wrote:Fwiw ssbm, I have seen so many people play one game with me and think they know me. I would imagine that you think I'm scum mostly from comparison to Owner's Market? Because if so, probably some of the things you see are just my playstyle, and not alignment-related.
Also it may take a few mislims for me to learn, but if you choose to play that way, you're probably used to it

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1003, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 989, Something_Smart wrote:As for my own location, I can make a case on unwnd if PP wants, but I wouldn't really expect it to be particularly good. I did correctly scumread him last time, but I just wasn't involved enough in the game this time.
would be helpful
you gonna do this?
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:30 am

In post 1026, Something_Smart wrote:By the way I haven't ignored the request for a case. I was hoping to wait until the Keep flips because there's still a chance of Dunn scum who wanted to throw off the Wall, but I guess I can do one assuming T3 is scum, since it's pretty unlikely that he isn't.
Should I just go ahead and assume that T3 is flipping scum?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Explain it to me from what you're thinking right now.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:13 am

Explain what to you? Why unwnd is scum?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Yes - the case on unwnd from your current perspective.
<(") | (")>
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1023, unwnd wrote:I wouldn't say it was ego more like I decided to follow the rabble going on at the time

I think we're in a good position though, now I just have to convince Penguin
I was just rereading a bit and unwnds ISO seems town to me, in addition to the similarities I'm seeing between S_S here and scum!S_S in owner's market.

Regarding unwnd - I dont think there's an agenda beyond wanting to.prove me wrong in their posting, and I dont think scum ICed me because they wanted me to be proven wrong. They ICed me so I would be listened to. Besides that, unwnd has clear progressions on T3, me, catboi, skitter, and Dunnstral in his ISO. You can tell his reads are genuine imo.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:13 am

Post by catboi »

Sorry for not being active I just feel like having gone through the game already, I don't have a ton to add.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:09 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Once catboi joined T3 at Keep the passivity became acceptable to scum, so there's no longer inherent scum motivation in unwnd's move to Gate after Dunn hammered Keep. We know that's not in response to an all-town Keep, but I guess we knew that earlier today as well.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1034, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1026, Something_Smart wrote:By the way I haven't ignored the request for a case. I was hoping to wait until the Keep flips because there's still a chance of Dunn scum who wanted to throw off the Wall, but I guess I can do one assuming T3 is scum, since it's pretty unlikely that he isn't.
Should I just go ahead and assume that T3 is flipping scum?
Why does it matter to you?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Probably just going to hammer s_s at this point...I'll eat lunch first.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:22 am

Okay fine I'll make the flipping case. Give me a bit.

And why do you think it matters Dunn? If I want to make a case on unwnd I'd like to know who his partners are
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:43 am

Unwnd pushed T3 as town from super early on. He specifically argued for a keep of ssbm/Dunn/T3, presumably on the assumption that T3 would be voted there. He makes multiple mistakes about the locations, most notably where he's like "oh I was totally considering going for the keep just to prove a point about not being scum with catboi" when it turned out the keep was already hammered. Then he calls it an odd makeup when from his POV it should be a pretty easy T3 vote.

indicates that unwnd figured ssbm would hammer him. He goes gate anyway, but presumably the plan is to swap him out (Keep is already determined, so they definitely can).

Then he tries to get skitter to come to the gate. I would expect that the outcome of this would have been the same-- unwnd and implosion swap, and implosion 1v1's skitter. But when skitter stalled, they didn't want to risk me or PP taking it, so implosion rushed in with the intent to set up the same 1v1. His explanation for wanting skitter at the gate doesn't make a lot of sense-- obviously nobody is going to IC skitter, so either she gets swapped out or put in a 1v1, neither really helps read her.

And he came into today with a plan, it was pretty evident that they decided in the scum PT that he would try to get me executed.

And the scumread on me/townread on PP came out of nowhere. In , his last reads post before voting me, he has me as null and PP as "pretty enigmatic in general and doesn't reveal his intentions easily". No explanation at all of why that read shifted. It's not organic, it's pushing an agenda.

Does that help, PP?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:47 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Pretty sure every point in that case makes sense for town!unwnd except for the "should be an easy vote for T3 from unwnd POV", I'm not sure how this tracks. Could you explain that S_S? I feel like from unwnds iso he would lean Catboi if he/Catboi/T3 were at keep

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:59 am

256 and 352 imply that he's conflicted on catboi, while his early posts suggest that he had T3 pretty conclusively as town. If he changed his read on T3 after 237, he sure didn't say anything about it.

It's not impossible that he could do this stuff as town, but the interactions with T3 (townread him, try to get him with 2 townies at the keep, then completely forget about him) are hella sketchy. The skitter thing also just doesn't make any sense from a town perspective, and the vote on me ALSO doesn't make any sense from a town perspective since he wasn't scumreading me or townreading PP. And the scum motivation in all of those is pretty readily apparent, at least to me.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:12 am

Post by unwnd »

If you want me to respond to that penguin I will
Stop
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:14 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1047, unwnd wrote:If you want me to respond to that penguin I will
You should be responding regardless, this reads like being worried you'll trigger Penguin if you respond.

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:16 am

Post by unwnd »

No its more about doing minimum effort like I mostly have
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”