Open 828 | The Brethren Coalition | Game Over!

Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Farren »

So I don't see any merit in hurting them at the moment. I think this is more interesting, and hopefully will produce better results than the last time I ran an experiment with Enchant involved.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Farren »

cyrus - you come across to me like you're in wheeling-and-dealing mode. Is that where your head is now?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Enchant »

I will never comprehend your logic. I just healed myself. Or is that's looked charismatistic?
I don't mind though.
In post 16, cyrus62 wrote:So we should think of five people we fully trust to be town and vote them. If we get 5 right we win yay lets see if we can do it.
People die if they are killed.
In post 23, cyrus62 wrote:Hey I say go ahead and single me out. I have to decied who I think is town as well.
In post 24, cyrus62 wrote:So I think pev and enchant could be scum. Or feral and pev or feral and enchant but I won't be voteing these 3 for the 5.
So basically you decided to not go in coalition.
You also throws me, feral and and pev from this one.
That's 4 people already. So basically you think everyone else is town and coalition locked?
Good luck with that.
In post 38, cyrus62 wrote:If I was scum why would I do that?
Oh well.

Town motivation to remove self:
... Uuuh. I really can't see reason. Give me? Because you basically lowering chances for instant win if you keep self out.

Scum motivation:
Doesh't want to be caught in coalition with partner.

I consider this very bad play. But i believe, mafia don't want to be SO blatant. Either way, stop please.
In post 50, Farren wrote:So I don't see any merit in hurting them at the moment. I think this is more interesting, and hopefully will produce better results than the last time I ran an experiment with Enchant involved.
Thankfully i don't remember that.

Either way, we have two ways how to play it and i am thinking now which is best.
1. Most obvious, try to get all townies in coalition. Already explained. I am a bit sceptical about chances to get 0 mafias on Coalition. Unless we are scumreading gods. I am not.
2. Try to get all potential mafia members in coalition. Sounds counterreversal, but if we get both mafia on coalition, this would be easy game, as we need just simple elim everyone from coalition for win. I am not sure about row chances to get 2 mafias on coalition, but if it's higher than getting 0 mafias, probably we should go for that.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by yessiree »

I think it's best to simply carry on as usual, forming townreads organically, then vote the top 5 most universally townreads to the coalition
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by yessiree »

@MOD
actually I have a question

A rule states "A majority Coalition is agreed upon when at least five players have the
same group
of five people proposed as a Coalition. At this point, the Coalition is locked in and cannot be changed." => this implies coalition votes have to be in tuples of 5s, i.e, 5 people have to vote for the same coalition for it to be locked in

but the way you are handling coalition votes right now is counting individual votes and not tuples

I just want to make sure the coalition is locked in as a tuple of 5 at the same time rather than one coalition member being locked in one after another after reaching 5 votes
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 31, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 30, Pavowski wrote:Deciding who's not in the five will give us the five. I should be in the coalition but I don't expect to be unanimous for it, if I make it at all. I usually tend to get scumread. That's fine though. I don't have to be in it for town to win d1.
The queston is would town win if you were in it?
In post 32, cyrus62 wrote:If I was in it I wouldn't be the one stoping town from wining.
In post 33, cyrus62 wrote:Town can win with me in it or not . But if I was they would just need 4 more.
Almost tempted to townread cyrus just for this :lol:
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:12 pm

Post by yessiree »

if not for the weird "willing to remove myself from coalition" posturing
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:14 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 54, yessiree wrote:
@MOD
actually I have a question

A rule states "A majority Coalition is agreed upon when at least five players have the
same group
of five people proposed as a Coalition. At this point, the Coalition is locked in and cannot be changed." => this implies coalition votes have to be in tuples of 5s, i.e, 5 people have to vote for the same coalition for it to be locked in

but the way you are handling coalition votes right now is counting individual votes and not tuples

I just want to make sure the coalition is locked in as a tuple of 5 at the same time rather than one coalition member being locked in one after another after reaching 5 votes
Correct, a Coalition will not be locked in until there are 5 identical groups proposed by 5 different players.
Players do not have to propose 5 people all at once, though none will be locked in until the previously stated conditions are met.
*Old account here
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:04 pm

Post by Pavowski »

HEAL: Yessir for the effort to read Cyrus in good faith
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:14 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 48, cyrus62 wrote:4 votes to heal enchant and if we get it wrong we can't win day1
I should probably be townreading Cyrus for this.

Grumble grumble
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:15 am

Post by Pavowski »

UNVOTE: Cyrus but I am not putting you in my coalition yet
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 60, Pavowski wrote:UNVOTE: Cyrus but I am not putting you in my coalition yet
I anit even willing to put my self there HEAL: yessir but I am willing to work with you. Who else do you trust.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:46 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 56, yessiree wrote:if not for the weird "willing to remove myself from coalition" posturing
Scum want at least one member in the 5 me removing my self as scum would be game throwing. And I'm also willingness to be today's elemation if I am put in the 5 and we don't win now who's willng to put themselves up for elemation if they are locked in and we don't win?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:52 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 52, Enchant wrote:I will never comprehend your logic. I just healed myself. Or is that's looked charismatistic?
I don't mind though.
In post 16, cyrus62 wrote:So we should think of five people we fully trust to be town and vote them. If we get 5 right we win yay lets see if we can do it.
In post 23, cyrus62 wrote:Hey I say go ahead and single me out. I have to decied who I think is town as well.
In post 24, cyrus62 wrote:So I think pev and enchant could be scum. Or feral and pev or feral and enchant but I won't be voteing these 3 for the 5.
That's 4 people already. So basically you think everyone else is town and coalition locked?
Good luck with that.
Oh well.

... Uuuh. I really can't see reason. Give me? Because you basically lowering chances for instant win if you keep self out.

Scum motivation:

I consider this very bad play. But i believe, mafia don't want to be SO blatant. Either way, stop please.
In post 50, Farren wrote:So I don't see any merit in hurting them at the moment. I think this is more interesting, and hopefully will produce better results than the last time I ran an experiment with Enchant involved.

Either way, we have two ways how to play it and i am thinking now which is best.
1. Most obvious, try to get all townies in coalition. Already explained. I am a bit sceptical about chances to get 0 mafias on Coalition. Unless we are scumreading gods. I am not.
2. Try to get all potential mafia members in coalition. Sounds counterreversal, but if we get both mafia on coalition, this would be easy game, as we need just simple elim everyone from coalition for win. I am not sure about row chances to get 2 mafias on coalition, but if it's higher than getting 0 mafias, probably we should go for that.
no you're not useing proper logic as town I am willing to keep my self out as a act of good faith why because right now I would think scum was would want either of them in it there is only 7 town 5 day 2 and 3 day 3 if we don't hit scum so scums best actions is to be the 5
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Enchant »

What
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm tempted to townread cyrus for now. The willingness to work with Pavowski and to form his Coalition feel genuine at least. I also have a weak tonal Townread on Pavowski.

HEAL: cyrus
HEAL: Pavowski

Yes, I know they're currently doing the "build the Coalition without us in it" exercise.

If I had to come up with a Scumread, I think Farren's the closest to it? He gives me a vibe of an analytical player, who right now feels as if he's forcing himself to post and keep up the analytical appearance? But the game isn't exactly full of content, to be fair. Everyone else feels null so far.
In post 52, Enchant wrote:2. Try to get all potential mafia members in coalition. Sounds counterreversal, but if we get both mafia on coalition, this would be easy game, as we need just simple elim everyone from coalition for win. I am not sure about row chances to get 2 mafias on coalition, but if it's higher than getting 0 mafias, probably we should go for that.
You do understand that we won't know whether it's 1 or 2 Scum in the Coalition if it fails, right?
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i trust nathann how about you pavv?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:00 am

Post by Enchant »

Yea, i understand that.

Not great plan is it?
Hakai
Hakai
Townie
Hakai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:48 am

Post by Hakai »

In post 45, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 41, Hakai wrote:
In post 9, Ythan wrote:Co mod ego have fun y'all~
Fun? This is mafia, we get toxic and condemn innocent villagers!
In post 11, Farren wrote:Enchant, how's it feel to be the most trusted player so far?

HEAL: Farren
HEAL: Enchant
HEAL: enchant
In post 14, Save The Dragons wrote:HEAL: STD
My god! You've figured out how to heal STD's?
In post 18, Pavowski wrote:HURT: Cyrus

This is easy, got one already
Is this post serious?
In post 22, Pavowski wrote:I'm afraid of commitment, I'm just slinging the hurt around for now
Saying this out loud in the thread is probably slightly towny.
In post 34, cyrus62 wrote:I will work with you pav let's remove you and I and look for the 5 why is enchant town? Can we trust std?
Hard to explain but cyrus's intentions fel pure?
In post 36, Pavowski wrote:
In post 34, cyrus62 wrote:I will work with you pav let's remove you and I and look for the 5 why is enchant town? Can we trust std?
Why would I remove myself?

I find it hard to trust STD but who knows
Why?
out of the 9 which two do you distrust the most.
I don't know yet.
In post 42, Pavowski wrote:I've played 2 games with StD. In one he was scum, the other is ongoing. I just have a hard time reading him.
I see.
In post 43, yessiree wrote:Hey guys, I only know a few people here

Errr I meant ahoy mateys I've only seen some of yous 'round'ere
This post is very slightly towny, scum probably won't be awkward in-thread.
In post 51, Farren wrote:cyrus - you come across to me like you're in wheeling-and-dealing mode. Is that where your head is now?
VOTE: Farren
In post 52, Enchant wrote:I will never comprehend your logic. I just healed myself. Or is that's looked charismatistic?
I don't mind though.
Good luck with that.
Oh well.

Scum motivation:

I believe this post is meta scummy for Enchant but I'll need more data.
In post 65, Nathann wrote:I'm tempted to townread cyrus for now. The willingness to work with Pavowski and to form his Coalition feel genuine at least. I also have a weak tonal Townread on Pavowski.

HEAL: cyrus
HEAL: Pavowski

Yes, I know they're currently doing the "build the Coalition without us in it" exercise.

If I had to come up with a Scumread, I think Farren's the closest to it? He gives me a vibe of an analytical player, who right now feels as if he's forcing himself to post and keep up the analytical appearance? But the game isn't exactly full of content, to be fair. Everyone else feels null so far.
In post 52, Enchant wrote:2. Try to get all potential mafia members in coalition. Sounds counterreversal, but if we get both mafia on coalition, this would be easy game, as we need just simple elim everyone from coalition for win. I am not sure about row chances to get 2 mafias on coalition, but if it's higher than getting 0 mafias, probably we should go for that.
You do understand that we won't know whether it's 1 or 2 Scum in the Coalition if it fails, right?
Oh hi Kilga!
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:00 am

Post by cyrus62 »

HEAL: nathann so now I'm going see if pav. Agrees .
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 am

Post by cyrus62 »

@nathann unvote your self to show me I can work with you
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him