Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Prism »

Overall I'm really struggling to find any townreads. The only question I am deeply invested in right now waits for MafMen to show up.

I guess for now I'll just stay out of the way for the most part.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 657, Enchant wrote:Who you would suggest for town deserved trust?
duck and pooky
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 749, Wisdom wrote:
In post 652, Tammy wrote:Hmmm I was expecting Wisdom to scum read me.

Maybe just an issue of my own. I thought when I came back that I was going to be stuck with old meta expectations that I'd never be able to rid myself of, but most people haven't been holding me to old meta. Which is nice. Or he's scum :/
Have i ever actually scumread you, i cant recall
I don't know. I think the last time we played. I was in a bad place that game and had a melt down before replacing out, and I think you town read my slot after that lol.

Mostly I'm very aware of how some of my old meta that people used to read me from is not present anymore, and it was such a big deal years ago that every time I play with someone from the before time I expect them to scum read me now.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I don't see anything different from what I remember from you, but then again i dont remember that much
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 739, the worst wrote:hmm I'm not quite done with conclusions yet! I liked your response though.
I wouldn't say I was motivated entirely by stirring shit up, I superficially liked wisdom's posting and stuff and the non-reciprocation was worth talking about
Okay. By the way you brought it up it kinda sounded like backtracking a reasoning for why you did something as if you were trying to garner reads from it from the start, and thinking back to the conversation last night it did not feel that way. In that you said the discussion was unproductive when pooky pushed at it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 754, Tammy wrote:
In post 739, the worst wrote:hmm I'm not quite done with conclusions yet! I liked your response though.
I wouldn't say I was motivated entirely by stirring shit up, I superficially liked wisdom's posting and stuff and the non-reciprocation was worth talking about
Okay. By the way you brought it up it kinda sounded like backtracking a reasoning for why you did something as if you were trying to garner reads from it from the start, and thinking back to the conversation last night it did not feel that way. In that you said the discussion was unproductive when pooky pushed at it.
That's a fair criticism. I've become more interested in people's reactions to the softclear than I originally was in the softclear, though at the time I didn't have reactions to be interested in. I think I can fairly say the softclear was a situation of like "oh this is something i vaguely believe and it's 149 times more exciting than anything else happening", rather than a "aw hells ye i cleared wisdom for reals and forever and will never re-evaluate this".

i didn't really find it productive being grilled for it because like, of course i wouldn't take that kind of clear as gospel, i was just kinda vibing.

that's about as well as i can explain it. i'm not really backtracking. it would be disingenuous to like, unironically double down again though. i knew it was a goofy read, to at least some extent.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

What I did like about wisdom's conversation with mafmen last night was the windy way his suspicions began changing. Like first he suspects Klick then moves to mafmen based on his points about Klick then thinking that mafmen is tmi-ing Klick as town followed by showing a little frustration that nobody will see what he sees with maf.

Not that I agree with the conversation really. I think that both of them lost their points at points, but I did like that. Not enough for an actual townread but I forgot to mention it when I was here earlier.
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by MafMen »

Spoiler:
In post 602, Klick wrote:
In post 599, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 396, Klick wrote:mmmmmm
what was this
It felt like an indirect rebuttal to me calling ducky obvtown in 147
in what way
i made a joke because im scared of the ducks wolfgame lol
In post 612, Infinity 324 wrote:pooky's klick push feels very genuine, but it's not scummy to say a thought because you have it

klick is null/PoE for me
^
In post 614, Prism wrote:Against my better judgement I caught up on the game.

I don't think MafMen essentially saying "but it might come from town, too" is as clever of a point as he thinks regarding Wisdom's reaction to Klick. I concur with Wisdom in that posts like 522 are a bit overly principled. If MafMen doesn't TR Klick and doesn't SR Wisdom I don't know why they didn't just wait to see what happens.
i did not mean for the argument to blow up to that proportion
i just didnt like the read, it was a slippery slope that couldve potentially lead to a whole lot of confbias, why should i sit and wait and not combat something i dont like?
In post 616, Prism wrote:
In post 192, MafMen wrote:also i for some reason wrote prism twice
the top prism in my brackets is meant to be wisdom
Can you speak more as to how you arrived at those brackets, and maybe what order you placed people in their respective spots? (eg. Were those brackets typed in chronological order, names inserted haphazardly or shifted around?)
most of my intention behind making those brackets was to express a scumlean against tammy instead of responding to her to reaction test her
i didnt have a particular order in the way i sorted people, i just went with each name that came to mind. i was debating between putting you in townlean or townread but decided on the former after i realized i had nothing more than gut to sort you on. i sorted wisdom after you and accidentally wrote your name instead of his because of the difficulty i had sorting you

you and pooky were gutreads, and wisdom and cookie were stronger than that
In post 617, cool cookie wrote:
In post 580, Klick wrote:
In post 472, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:expending political capital to shade someone who's town is not exactly a winning strategy for a scumside player.

your goal is to get someone to trust you

not make sure nobody can trust anyone (cuz that's like literally impossible)
Scum doesn't just want to get trusted - they want to be trusted more than town
So scum!Tammy would be concerned about town'Wisdom getting soft-confirmed because that takes away from her potential pairings, since all the townies that might have wanted to pair with her would instead be appealing to Wisdom

I don't feel like this is stupid? But it seems that everyone has a consensus about this and I've not played the setup before admittedly
agree with Klick here. I can see scum wanting to shade 1 player to make them feel forced into accepting any trust they can find. maybe wouldn't work with experienced players but I think that is a motive for throwing shade on the right player (whilst wanting to suck up to the majority too). so I think slight tendency towards players who are bucking the consensus and standing out. i havent read everything back but was liking mafmen for town apart from 1 post which referred to my "previous games", when I only have 1, which didn't really make sense. Pooky-Tammy is probably a lock unless they are both scum which would be awkward. i will keep catching up when i can.
you played in a large and a mini normal but okay
In post 657, Enchant wrote:I am thinking about two candidates which i plan to trust soon. Before that, i wish ask everyone. Who you would suggest for town deserved trust?
wisdom pooky
In post 691, the worst wrote:
In post 689, cool cookie wrote:
In post 687, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't feel very confident read-wise rn

the weaker players r barely participating and I don't feel comfortable townbinning the stronger players atm since they are perfectly capable of maintaining this kind of thread presence/activity as scum.
who are the weaker players?
me
you are the scariest player in this game even though you are a harmless duck
In post 697, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 690, the worst wrote:I'm a bit dubious about what the scum motivation for hard wking Klick is there.
if klick is town and the only person who trusts klick is MafMen then its an easy out
In post 733, cool cookie wrote:
In post 731, the worst wrote:
In post 728, cool cookie wrote:i sort of feel like infinity is skirting on the periphery but posts when they pop up never really fill me with deep joy.

maybe it's too early for scumreads though - more important to keep an open mind about who could be town.
can you expand a bit on why that would make infinity scum? in your state this is pretty pot/kettle m
not really, it's just a gut feel. like i dont always really notice infinity is there, and occasionally i see a post and my heart sinks a little. gut reads are very much a personal thing, if you feel the same about me or just dont like the way i talk thats fine. at some point i could make a scumcase on someone but my point is that it isnt really the time for that now.
i really like this
In post 741, the worst wrote:to be a bit more translucent I'm very very wary of how infinity reacted
which reaction? you mean how their townread dropped because wisdom confirmed he didnt see the trust or?
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 756, Tammy wrote:What I did like about wisdom's conversation with mafmen last night was the windy way his suspicions began changing. Like first he suspects Klick then moves to mafmen based on his points about Klick then thinking that mafmen is tmi-ing Klick as town followed by showing a little frustration that nobody will see what he sees with maf.

Not that I agree with the conversation really. I think that both of them lost their points at points, but I did like that. Not enough for an actual townread but I forgot to mention it when I was here earlier.
this qualifies it really well.
--
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by MafMen »

ftr klick isnt the only one ive defended this game from reads i felt werent really
well
that
good

its just the only one that exploded like that
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 757, MafMen wrote:which reaction? you mean how their townread dropped because wisdom confirmed he didnt see the trust or?
Yup - their read was very "this happened therefore town / therefore scum" and I was looking for a bit more nuance.
--
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by MafMen »

In post 760, the worst wrote:
In post 757, MafMen wrote:which reaction? you mean how their townread dropped because wisdom confirmed he didnt see the trust or?
Yup - their read was very "this happened therefore town / therefore scum" and I was looking for a bit more nuance.
mm i guess
~ Klick
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 760, the worst wrote:
i don't think nuance was really warranted in this situation
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by MafMen »

does enchant feel almost invisible for anybody or is that just me
~ Klick
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i mean he hasn't really been posting
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by MafMen »

In post 764, Infinity 324 wrote:i mean he hasn't really been posting
i dont mean like inactivity
when you cookie and klick were lowposters you guys were still very noticeable but enchant for me has been flying under the radar
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 763, MafMen wrote:does enchant feel almost invisible for anybody or is that just me
i've found his takes abstract but interesting. what do you think of them?
--
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

well i didn't think he even had 19 posts so i guess?

he's kind of been on his own wavelength which i think is usual for him.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by the worst »

"on his own wavelength" is exactly the words i was trying to brain
--
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MafMen »

In post 766, the worst wrote:
In post 763, MafMen wrote:does enchant feel almost invisible for anybody or is that just me
i've found his takes abstract but interesting. what do you think of them?
after my tammy read flopped i was left with a bunch of nulls but if i had to pick a candidate for scum hed probably be one of them
his entrance is unnatural, i liked his refusing trust =/= town post, i dont like that he showed no thought progression on how he got two candidates to trust
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by MafMen »

In post 768, the worst wrote:"on his own wavelength" is exactly the words i was trying to brain
if its his meta to be a recluse like this then perhaps im wrong but he posts seem very awkward
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by MafMen »

his*
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by MafMen »

this isnt something im confident in though
i have alot of townreads and not many null and below so im shamelessly throwing shit and hoping it sticks
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by MafMen »

my updated brackets probably look like
(pooky, cookie, wisdom)
(prism, infinity, tammy)
(tw, enchant, klick)
()
()
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by MafMen »

now that i think about it im not really comfortable with there being 2 scum in klick, enchant, and tw so im gonna have to probably redo my reads
~ Klick

Return to “Completed Open Games”