Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Cyrus62 joins us as co-mod
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 474, Not_Mafia wrote:
Almost50 has been prodded. He has 24 hours to post before being replaced.
Mean

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

What am I supposed to say or do? One joins a game of suicidal bombers and expects to see some SUICIDE BOMBING going! How naive of me, right?

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:02 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 475, Not_Mafia wrote:
EVEN OUR MOD IS BORED OUT OF HIS MIND THAT HE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE TO COUNT THE VOTES FOR HIM
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:20 am

Post by cyrus62 »

ego post I am your co mod
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by numberQ »

Honestly I'm getting tempted to push for cows just because he's the biggest wagon and it seems like half the player list just wants the day to pass so we can all blow up. Which is kind of a weird part of this setup if you think about it. The fun part is ostensibly the blowy up part, but the blowy up part never happens if scum gets elimmed. So we're kind of incentivized to play against win con. Bizarre.
Hey!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 478, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 475, Not_Mafia wrote:
EVEN OUR MOD IS BORED OUT OF HIS MIND THAT HE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE TO COUNT THE VOTES FOR HIM
I think NM specifically was curious what would happen if some people took this setup seriously so I doubt this is true lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:09 pm

In post 477, Almost50 wrote:What am I supposed to say or do? One joins a game of suicidal bombers and expects to see some SUICIDE BOMBING going! How naive of me, right?
you can talk more about your reads and try to get pooky killed if you are voting him

where’s your head at on who scum is

I remember your D1 reads in team large normal being fairly good
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:12 pm

something about strange’s vibe kinda pingu idk
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:14 pm

pooky/strange/charl? idk I don’t know if I tl pooky like this vibe is so easy for scum him to fake
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

hey sorry for not being here in a little while and for the lack of content/ constant question asking, was busy today
i think i have enough information to start a re-eval, expect some sort of post in dead hours
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 pm

In post 480, numberQ wrote:Honestly I'm getting tempted to push for cows just because he's the biggest wagon and it seems like half the player list just wants the day to pass so we can all blow up. Which is kind of a weird part of this setup if you think about it. The fun part is ostensibly the blowy up part, but the blowy up part never happens if scum gets elimmed. So we're kind of incentivized to play against win con. Bizarre.
could you rehash your read of why i'm town again?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by schadd_ »

^ funny
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 482, innocentvillager wrote:I remember your D1 reads in team large normal being fairly good
That was a one-off. Usually my D1 reads are mediocre at best. I am a stronger player towards the end of the game.

That said, this is no conventional game by any means. I don't mind playing some Mafia, but I also want to get to the fun part. The EXCITEMENT of waiting for a flip and how people react to X blowing up against Y.. etc.

Where my head is at? I dunno. THAT is why I had nominated you to be the leader. I TR you and -since this is more of a "Green Beret Operation behind enemy lines" kind of game, I am willing to be a good soldier and obey my leader's commands.

Corporal A50 reporting for duty; General.

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Pavowski »

VOTE: A50

The weekend is for waking this game up, let's gooo
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Clemency »

"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 486, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 480, numberQ wrote:Honestly I'm getting tempted to push for cows just because he's the biggest wagon and it seems like half the player list just wants the day to pass so we can all blow up. Which is kind of a weird part of this setup if you think about it. The fun part is ostensibly the blowy up part, but the blowy up part never happens if scum gets elimmed. So we're kind of incentivized to play against win con. Bizarre.
could you rehash your read of why i'm town again?
You've been pretty active in discussions and scumhunting, which by itself is not a conftown tell by any means, but it's significantly better than a lot of players have been doing this game. Granted in this setup it's hard to distinguish between players looking scummy because they're scum, and players looking scummy because they're meme lords, but even the meme lords in this game look more townish than my scumreads.

So to summarize my answer, I like your scumhunting + POE.

---

PS to everyone, I'm feeling sick yesterday and today, so idk how active I'll be.

PPS, I could get behind an A50 wagon if it picks up steam, even though I think Pav is more scummy.

---

And on that note,
@Pav
, was 488 the catalyst for you voting A50 or was there another reason? Same question
@Clem

pedit: :giggle:
Hey!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 am

In post 491, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: A50
why are you selfvoting
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 493, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 491, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: A50
why are you selfvoting
Because this game sucks rocks and I won't have another round of debates. If my lim gets the game to the "knock-outs stage" so be it.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:23 am

In post 484, innocentvillager wrote:pooky/strange/charl? idk I don’t know if I tl pooky like this vibe is so easy for scum him to fake
okay obviously throwing out whole team solves on d1 is dumb in the sense that they're never right, but the reason i think something like this is plausible is im considering the case where like, assuming cows is town and working from "what do scum want to do in this gamestate" and the answer i kinda came to is like

maybe it matters whether or not they feel as though they're currently threatened to die

i think the threat of dying d1 is scary enough that we're probably going to end up doing a lot of level 1 associative analysis on wagons from D1 when deciding who to blow up later, and scum know that. so if you're in a spot where you don't really need to force anything because no one is in danger, you can afford to spread out/do nothing to let town apathy sink it/look good

yes the cows wagon is gone now but no one really did ANYTHING. which means scum were complacent with the gamestate or cows is scum with some people who don't give a shit about this game and were willing to just let him loldie. the latter seems more unlikely to me so purely from a gamestate perspective that makes me think cows is more likely to be town. idk i can't really read the slot from dayplay tho but it sounds like people weren't very pressed about his elimination until clemency unvoted.

none of these 3 are in real danger of being wagoned, though i could say that about a lot of people ig so this is weak but here is how these could fit that bill

scum!Pooky is emulating his lazy town meta (from previous iterations of this) here refusing to play the game until D2, but it's also just a good way to get past the D1 elim when he keeps saying he'll blow himself up d2. he doesn't powerwolf here because he didn't as town previously and thus he does not need to here.

scum!charl is detached from this game unlike the previous game because deepwolfing is hard and he doesn't feel the need to deepwolf for whatever reason, presumably because his teammates are doing fine/partners aren't in danger of the d1 elim. also im a little queasy at his gentle nudges towards hurrying the day up and killing cows near the beginning when it was clear that last game the kill someone quickly strategy which he hammered wasn't good (and he admitted it too). id expect town!charl to be doing more analysis or something or at least trying to give actual good reasons for pushing cows idk

scum!Strange is playing the role of being very vocal against the whole scum trying to rush D1 but hasn't been proactively doing anything which i find kind of incongruent. i think that pings me because it feels like his adamance against players like pooky who are memeing is theatre either with a scumbuddy or just to look town. if cows goes through i think this play is like some sort of hedge about being scum being spread out among the gamestate or whatever.

yes narrative narrative ik i acknowledge that but i am simply just trying to piece together some theories based on what i have seen

and yeah all of this is contingent on cows actually being town so doing pre flip associative analysis is normally bad? but in this game we don't get D1 back so i think it's something we can focus on more than normal
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:27 am

A50 is very likely town because this is town him like what the fuck is scum!A50 doing here it makes no sense

cows is probably town because gamestate
Pav is probably town because everything he's doing feels consistent and i think scum him tries harder
Clemency is probably town because he does a lot of weird things and i don't think scum want to be particularly polarizing
Enchant likely town because he's not doing anything at all with a low post count, he doesn't give a shit.
schadd kinda just vibing whatever i like some of his thoughts i think they're nuanced and feel somewhat organic
T3 super SOC sheepy and kinda detached this feels very similar to some of his town vibes but my read here has deteriorated a bit. the sheep on my initial call to action and the snap unvotes with clem felt like they were in the right headspace ig idk.

and im not sure on numberQ
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 492, numberQ wrote:And on that note, @Pav, was 488 the catalyst for you voting A50 or was there another reason?
I was already inclined to vote A50 since the Cows wagon seems to have derailed but 488 convinced me to take the leap, lot of hedging going on there, and I say that as a master hedger

His self-vote is a head-scratcher but in that spot it could be fuckery
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:34 am

im unsure about the assertations of being a stronger player lategame when you vowed to explode early and are now self-voting now
but can i glean any AI information about that? probably not. you town bro?
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:46 am

In post 494, Almost50 wrote:Because this game sucks rocks and I won't have another round of debates. If my lim gets the game to the "knock-outs stage" so be it.
cow sigh
--
In post 495, innocentvillager wrote:scum!Strange is playing the role of being very vocal against the whole scum trying to rush D1 but hasn't been proactively doing anything which i find kind of incongruent. i think that pings me because it feels like his adamance against players like pooky who are memeing is theatre either with a scumbuddy or just to look town. if cows goes through i think this play is like some sort of hedge about being scum being spread out among the gamestate or whatever.
i think strange hedge is scummy
, ,
the newbie where they replaced in as soloscum i saw it a fair bit
i'm lazy so here's the copy-and-paste for ur taskbar

Code: Select all

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87429&user_select[]=35821

#1691 is the hugest offender. #1681 #1616 also wack

i'm looking at an iso of a town game they played with me and there's a lot of early conclusions, personal anecdotes and emotions that are shown, not said (if that's an actual towntell?)
not very much hedge

Code: Select all

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87240&user_select[]=35821

in fact the differences between this town game and the (hypothetical) two scum games is a lot, and are relatively recent (all of these are in a 5 month period)

Return to “Completed Open Games”