Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 329, Salsabil Faria wrote:I'm not engaged
Translation:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 340, Almost50 wrote:
In post 318, Pavowski wrote:
In post 282, Pavowski wrote:Not deliberately dodging, just unable to do deep reading right now. I will say that I tend to see such conflicts early on as TvT, though I dont think it's particularly towny to be as defensive as they seem.

As for the intervening comments, I will cop to skimming/skipping them and will review later today.

This game went from memery to dead fookin serious faster than I was prepared for.
As promised I re-read. It wasn't much better. Have some terrible reads instead:

GL feels town.
Auro feels town.
T3 could be town.
Mc might be town.
Roden and LQ are prob TvT here but if I had to vote one it's probably Roden. I've seen town LQ look like this before.
In post 319, Pavowski wrote:UNVOTE:

And I'll place a new one after I see the latest VC (not on the pagetop yet)
I would prefer if you gave afull readlist if you're not voting on the spot.
I was going to vote roden after the VC was updated, but now I would rather VOTE: Salsa.

Salsa always seems to have a bit of chaotic energy that I find hard to read, but I was pinging after the whole "I want to vote roden but not sure I should" thing, which is scum thinking though I don't know why it was verbalized
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

You said
Roden
wasn't verge of the elimination but they're at E-3 that time and we have 4 scums.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Galron »

In post 320, Auro wrote:VOTE: Galron

Do I detect a certain stiffness and disinterest?
Disinterest sure. Dunno about stiffness. Explain that.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Galron »

In post 230, Bingle wrote:I was gonna catch up and be useful, but all of the colors are bleeding together. I promise that I'll either catch up tomorrow. Maybe.
In post 299, Bingle wrote:Unlike last night, I don't have a legitimate reason to not catch up. I just don't want to. Deal with it, nerds. (Seriously though, I promise to get to this and actually provide content when I'm in a better mafia headspace.)
Dammit, Bingle. At least call someone a mothertrucker. Or is it too early for that?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Galron »

In post 325, DArby wrote:Basically, yeah. This game I want to focus on who I town read the least {target pending}.
Will an announcement be made?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Galron »

In post 78, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 75, Bingle wrote:
In post 73, GuiltyLion wrote:Why not vote me then?
VOTE: GL

Why am I voting you?
Do you also scumread my intro post for being somewhat rote?
I think we're using "stiff" this game.
In post 62, GuiltyLion wrote:Hello hello old friends and new

VOTE: Roden

Didn't like his first post, I think using a past game to justify RVS vote is inherently a lil awkward

Also I like Galron for town
Why the TR so early?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Galron »

In post 356, Galron wrote:Why the TR so early?
Throw meta out.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:01 am

Post by DArby »

In post 355, Galron wrote:
In post 325, DArby wrote:Basically, yeah. This game I want to focus on who I town read the least {target pending}.
Will an announcement be made?
Hopefully.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Auro »

In post 353, Galron wrote:

Posts felt constrained. We played before, and I recall you were involved in (even early) gameplay to a greater degree.

Why... the disinterest?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:19 am

Post by T3 »

In post 338, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 336, T3 wrote:
In post 334, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 327, T3 wrote:VOTE: salsa
Salsa feels EXTREMELY different to how I remember town her.
There’s less emotion and content.
In post 332, T3 wrote:
In post 331, mc esther wrote:you randomly moved your vote to a lurker after expressing interest in a wagon that you [apparently?] dont actually feel good about.
VOTE: salsa
Rolled scum?
Hi why is me forgetting who I voted scummy
Forgets between *some minutes*? I don’t think so... Your eagerness of voting me is scummy.
Kekw
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Auro »

In post 351, Pavowski wrote:Salsa always seems to have a bit of chaotic energy that I find hard to read, but I was pinging after the whole "I want to vote roden but not sure I should" thing, which is scum thinking though I don't know why it was verbalized
Why is it scum thinking - why can't town be unsure? Is there a hidden reason scum would be unsure? Is there fault with her reasoning for not being sure?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Galron »

In post 359, Auro wrote:
In post 353, Galron wrote:

Posts felt constrained. We played before, and I recall you were involved in (even early) gameplay to a greater degree.

Why... the disinterest?
That LQ/Roden thing sucked all the life out of the game. Did you read it and take away anything from it?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Auro »

Ah, that.

My takeaway is that LQ is very likely town, although I don't recall experiencing his scum game - so I'll have to skim through some.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Galron »

For T3

Spoiler:
In post 66, T3 wrote:This is A50 in his pure town form.
In post 145, T3 wrote:
In post 120, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 116, T3 wrote:
In post 64, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 12, mc esther wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Salsabil Faria

was buddying in the queue
Why did you unvote Enchant here, mc?
isn't that like... rvs and all?
I wanted to hear mc explain in their own words because every other post of theirs has been really over-explainy and I'm trying to get a sense of their personality
LQ is feeling WILDLY different than I remember from town him
In post 201, T3 wrote:town lq
sorts people, actively scumhunts, makes walls
scum lq
just says his reads on people, one liners
VOTE: lq
thank you for coming to my ted talk
In post 296, T3 wrote:
In post 97, DArby wrote:Don’t say that. I didn’t fully read the player list and thought I accidentally posted in a game I shouldn’t be in. :dead: :dead:
I feel like scum would be a little bit more conscious of the fact that they are playing in a game so weak townpoints for this
In post 298, T3 wrote:It doesn't read like a fake dumbtell so I'll townbin DArby for now.
In post 327, T3 wrote:VOTE: salsa
Salsa feels EXTREMELY different to how I remember town her.
There’s less emotion and content.
In post 332, T3 wrote:
In post 331, mc esther wrote:you randomly moved your vote to a lurker after expressing interest in a wagon that you [apparently?] dont actually feel good about.
VOTE: salsa

All of your scum reads are meta based except for your second vote on Salsa. 1) Are you sure you're not confbiasing with Salsa? 2) if you had no meta on these players, would you be scum reading them?

You did give a town read to DArby that wasn't based on meta, in fact you gave two town reads to DArby that weren't based on meta. Do you town read anyone else? I'm not counting A50 here.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Galron »

In post 363, Auro wrote:Ah, that.

My takeaway is that LQ is very likely town, although I don't recall experiencing his scum game - so I'll have to skim through some.
Is that a meta read then?

What do you think of Roden?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 138, mc esther wrote:im happy to say "actually i think cop should investigate doc claims" and leave it at that.
A50 absolutely shouldn’t do this.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 138, mc esther wrote:does this mean we should also treat deadlines as slightly shorter than they are? like, this is definitely correct for the most part, but risks no-hammer if the wagon only builds up close to deadline.
Going all the way to deadline is always a bad idea.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 361, Auro wrote:
In post 351, Pavowski wrote:Salsa always seems to have a bit of chaotic energy that I find hard to read, but I was pinging after the whole "I want to vote roden but not sure I should" thing, which is scum thinking though I don't know why it was verbalized
Why is it scum thinking - why can't town be unsure? Is there a hidden reason scum would be unsure? Is there fault with her reasoning for not being sure?

Of course town can be unsure. Town *should* be unsure.

What's scum thinking is "I've decided I want to vote this person but I'm not going to" because...? Like imo town just votes there whereas scum is a lot more concerned about how their vote "looks".
Salsabil Faria wrote:
You said
Roden
wasn't verge of the elimination but they're at E-3 that time and we have 4 scums.
I wouldn't consider e-3 the verge of elimination, and if scum is willing to give the game away and quick hammer from that far out, I'd say that's worth letting somebody get quick limmed.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 133, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 130, LicketyQuickety wrote:This is over aggro. Sort of feels fake.
being fair to Roden, I basically challenged him in my last post to go at me, so I'm not surprised to see him bite back. What I'd like to actually hear from him though is why he thinks my behavior is more likely to come from me as scum than me as town, because that's what's missing
Scum post.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 276, Salsabil Faria wrote:
How many votes
Roden
has btw?

I'm like want to vote them, also don't want to vote them at the same time :?
In post 290, GuiltyLion wrote:my one main salient takeaway from the LQ/Roden bit is that both are making dubious claims on one particular front

Roden in asks LQ if LQ thinks Roden "purposefully puts himself in this situation as scum". Again I think Roden is questionably taking credit for something that I feel I'm responsible for (early wagon/pressure on Roden). The logic of "why would I get wagoned as scum" isn't easy to understand from either a town/scum perspective, it's not clear what Roden specifically thinks that he did to get himself wagoned and whether that was intentional. However I have seen both alignments make the "I wouldn't be wagoned if I were scum here" claim, it's not something I feel comfortable reasoning about as AI but I certainly don't townread it, at best it's WIFOMy.

However, Roden has a point in that LQ agreeing that scum!Roden might indeed intentionally "put himself in this situation" is also a bad take. Scum do not love early scrutiny, in almost any circumstance. I don't see LQ's logic in implying that this COULD be a scum plan - again, how and where did Roden even intentionally invite pressure on himself? Whatever Roden's alignment is, I'm sure he'd rather not be voted and rather not have to argue with people voting him.

I can see what LQ is saying in that LQ just kinda went along with an idea (being intentionally wagoned) that Roden put out there, but it's just such bad reasoning on both sides ("if I were scum, I wouldn't be wagoned") ("no, if you were scum, this might be your plan!!") that I'm having a hard time parsing why either player is taking any of the logic seriously.
Hm. Still don’t like GL’s entry. Also firmly disagree with P2, and don’t think GL believes it either. Early scrutiny is great for above average scum because it’s not likely to actually go places and it helps explain why you’re not dead in the late game. Also, classic “that’s town because it mirrors NAI/scummy thing I’m doing” here.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Bingle »

Oh the salsa post is also very scummy.

Regardless of whether roden/LQ is t/s t/t s/s or m/w, there’s definitely scum in the cheerleaders. Other potential takers on that pool are T3 and pav from what I’ve seen so far.

LQ is being surprisingly readable/reasonable given the amount of complaining I saw while p dodging. Light townread there. Roden is meh. Not really scummy, but reacted poorly to baiting. Not really towny either, just kinda got pushed into this whole interaction.

Darby is pro town. Mc is either town or trying to pocket Darby. Need to poke there a bit later to see what falls out of the tree.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 294, mc esther wrote:i can see why scum!lickety would want the thread to be the way it is now; and salsabil and t3's meta read had me considering the scum vs. scum interpretation at one point. but i dont find it that compelling, i obviously cant corroborate their reads, and lickety clearly isnt the only person responsible for the state of the thread.

voicing doubts about the wagon in post #289 pings vaguely town. i dont see much reason for him to attempt to disengage as scum, he's very much "winning" as it were. the obvious reason would be "for the town cred", i guess; but scum changing a read after hard tunnelling for multiple pages is pretty gutsy imo.
Townread retracted.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 296, T3 wrote:
In post 97, DArby wrote:Don’t say that. I didn’t fully read the player list and thought I accidentally posted in a game I shouldn’t be in. :dead: :dead:
I feel like scum would be a little bit more conscious of the fact that they are playing in a game so weak townpoints for this
This is the most moon logicky post I’ve ever read. You could teach a PhD level course on moonlogic, and Titus would walk out of the room saying what the fuck just happened.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 303, Almost50 wrote: Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang