Not Voting (2)-
Galron,

With
alive, it takes
to eliminate.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2021-12-07 10:00:00)
- Dec 7th 10:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 523, Auro wrote:"hmm, if somehow X slot were to be night killed, hmm hmm hmm, then my opinion could change..."
i liked auro's earlier posts on signalling -- not in that i really agreed with them, just in that he raised the issue and pushed it reasonably, without discussing how a scumteam might interpret it as a signal -- but this sort of post is the reason i asked pavowski to drop the issue.
~
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 469, GuiltyLion wrote:You're trying now to get him to talk about what he thinks scum!Bingle would or wouldn't do, which I don't see as all that meaningful or useful.
I asked because I want to know the thought process behind their comment which is creating WIFOM.

My questions are usually based on what I don't understand, others perfectly understand it or not isn’t my concern.

In post 474, LicketyQuickety wrote:
This is the perfect example of the kind of weird I expect from Scum!Salsa.

For example, Salsa voted someone multiple times without actually voting someone else in the game I played with them where they were Scum. So this sort of counting posts to get to page top is right in line with the same kind of weirdness IMO.
Weirdness is NAI for me.

Ok boss :oops:

Also I'm voting
Roden
iirr
@Mod

In post 487, Bingle wrote:
In post 482, Almost50 wrote:So you did see at as signaling. GOOD. Now ACT upon it.
Okay.

VOTE: Salsa
LOL!

In post 489, mc esther wrote:the salsabil post where she acknowledges she's not scum hunting, lmao.
I'm struggling in this game tbh.

In post 510, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 506, LicketyQuickety wrote:GL, what is your read on Salsa atp?
I think Salsas been real scummy and I have no issues with the wagon. I mainly haven't moved my vote because I didn't want to defuse my pressure on Roden, but seems like I scared him away from the game lol

I don't think I've been too forgiving? Who have I mistakenly forgiven in your eyes?
But the wagon shifts on me, so your one vote won't give that much of pressure on scum!
Roden
wagon.

In post 513, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I think Salsas been real scummy and I have no issues with the wagon. I mainly haven't moved my vote because I didn't want to defuse my pressure on Roden, but seems like I scared him away from the game lol

I don't think I've been too forgiving? Who have I mistakenly forgiven in your eyes?
Are you planning on killing your SRs with kindness or something? You're SRing both Roden and Salsa and seem to be very gentle with both of them.

That's why I asked if you ever are aggressive as Town. Which you didn't answer. And why are you not SRing someone who is giving a bogus meta read on you if you're not aggressive as Town?

P-Edit. Okay, so then my question still stands in why you are just acting flowery with your SRs. Does not make sense. Are these just tentative SRs or what?
If
GL
is scumreading me but not voting me
is an issue here, you also don't vote me yet but keep expressing multiple times or showing prove that I'm scum here and voting
Roden
instead...

UNVOTE: Roden

VOTE: LQ
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 526, mc esther wrote:
In post 523, Auro wrote:"hmm, if somehow X slot were to be night killed, hmm hmm hmm, then my opinion could change..."
i liked auro's earlier posts on signalling -- not in that i really agreed with them, just in that he raised the issue and pushed it reasonably, without discussing how a scumteam might interpret it as a signal -- but this sort of post is the reason i asked pavowski to drop the issue.
It's straightforward how a scumteam would interpret it given they treat it as a signal. Further discussion would only make it harder for a scumteam to act on it.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 527, Salsabil Faria wrote:If GL is scumreading me but not voting me is an issue here, you also don't vote me yet but keep expressing multiple times or showing prove that I'm scum here and voting Roden instead...
He didn't say that his problem was GL scumreading you and not voting you, but GL scumreading you and "treating you gently".

GL's scumreading Roden and also voting him - but LQ still has a problem with that read because of the "gentle treatment".
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by mc esther »

Auro wrote:It's straightforward how a scumteam would interpret it given they treat it as a signal. Further discussion would only make it harder for a scumteam to act on it.
there are at least two different types of signal, and it was not immediately obvious to me the precise interpretation that was being suggested. i am not the most oblivious person in the thread (though perhaps i am among the most oblivious!), enchant didnt even believe in signalling was a realistic possibility at all. i dont think keeping this sort of knowledge out of reach of those unable to fully grasp it is a futile gesture.

i dont really agree with that latter point either, but i'd rather talk about it day 2 if people still find it relevant.
~
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Auro »

I see what you mean and sure, there's quite a bit I'd like to further add which we can pick up again on D2.

Meanwhile, while you're here: has your recent convo with Pavowski helped develop your read on him?

Also:
In post 436, mc esther wrote:posts like this are the ones that have me going "scum dont have to do this and im really not sure they want to". the evidence in-thread is that nobody wants to make these posts! it pings town over scum to me because i think it disproportionately benefits scum to leave those pages as much a black hole as possible. clarifying the general thrust of the argument and giving interpretations seems to be hurt the mafia's, idk, "abstract wincon" (a low-information gamestate) way beyond any towncred it might be worth; it would cost literally nothing to just, refuse to make any attempt.
Are all kinds of gamestate information detrimental to scum, though? :P
Scum do have to form reads, and project town through their dayplay. Wouldn't these inherently damage that abstract win-con anyway?

@GL: Do you agree with Esther's assessment: that summarizing and interpreting those pages of arguments hurts scum more than any towncred it may offer?
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:38 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 531, Auro wrote:Meanwhile, while you're here: has your recent convo with Pavowski helped develop your read on him?
not really, and im pretty disappointed with the way i handled it -- i shouldntve told him i dont know him until after i'd posed those questions, there was an opportunity to have scum!pavowski genuinely scared there and i kinda botched it. i find his last post pretty relatable, and i like that he owns his play and hasnt really tried to omgus anyone or otherwise discredit pressure on him, but eh, town can do that. i dont think he's a particularly good elimination today, i think almost50 and bingle were right to go salsa over pavowski.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by mc esther »

ebwop: "but eh, scum can do that"
~
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:33 am

Post by DArby »

In post 436, mc esther wrote:
In post 433, Auro wrote:Similar question to Esther: do you believe that scum!GL wouldn't have posted pro-town content as he did so far?
early game, fair question. to some extent, i cant know, and that's what makes online mafia so difficult. it'd be a very weak towntell if it stopped there.

In post 290, GuiltyLion wrote:my one main salient takeaway from the LQ/Roden bit is that both are making dubious claims on one particular front

Roden in asks LQ if LQ thinks Roden "purposefully puts himself in this situation as scum". Again I think Roden is questionably taking credit for something that I feel I'm responsible for (early wagon/pressure on Roden). The logic of "why would I get wagoned as scum" isn't easy to understand from either a town/scum perspective, it's not clear what Roden specifically thinks that he did to get himself wagoned and whether that was intentional. However I have seen both alignments make the "I wouldn't be wagoned if I were scum here" claim, it's not something I feel comfortable reasoning about as AI but I certainly don't townread it, at best it's WIFOMy.

However, Roden has a point in that LQ agreeing that scum!Roden might indeed intentionally "put himself in this situation" is also a bad take. Scum do not love early scrutiny, in almost any circumstance. I don't see LQ's logic in implying that this COULD be a scum plan - again, how and where did Roden even intentionally invite pressure on himself? Whatever Roden's alignment is, I'm sure he'd rather not be voted and rather not have to argue with people voting him.

I can see what LQ is saying in that LQ just kinda went along with an idea (being intentionally wagoned) that Roden put out there, but it's just such bad reasoning on both sides ("if I were scum, I wouldn't be wagoned") ("no, if you were scum, this might be your plan!!") that I'm having a hard time parsing why either player is taking any of the logic seriously.
posts like this are the ones that have me going "scum dont have to do this and im really not sure they want to". the evidence in-thread is that nobody wants to make these posts! it pings town over scum to me because i think it disproportionately benefits scum to leave those pages as much a black hole as possible. clarifying the general thrust of the argument and giving interpretations seems to be hurt the mafia's, idk, "abstract wincon" (a low-information gamestate) way beyond any towncred it might be worth; it would cost literally nothing to just, refuse to make any attempt.
Town lean post.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:43 am

Post by DArby »

In post 469, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 468, Salsabil Faria wrote:If I don’t understand something, I'll ask.
sure, but it feels like you're trying to drag Pav into a debate about claims that he didn't make or arguments that aren't important. From my impression of his original , all Pav was saying was that if he were to
know
that I am town, he would then think that Bingle's shade on me might indicate Bingle scum. However, as soon as you say something like that it can poison the well for NKA (a non-Bingle scum team might shoot me in an attempt to make Bingle look bad), so he wanted to clarify that he doesn't also think me being NK'd would
further
make him suspect Bingle. This is also basically exactly what he then clarified in and .

You're trying now to get him to talk about what he thinks scum!Bingle would or wouldn't do, which I don't see as all that meaningful or useful. No one has been killed yet, it doesn't develop nor change my understanding of his original posts, and it isn't something that Pav would have different reasoning about whether he's town or scum. Hence, I don't understand how the line of questioning actually helps you sort Pav, it feels like busywork at best and at worst potentially trying to stir up "issues" with Pav that you can then use to push him.
Why are people sring this slot again?
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:44 am

Post by DArby »

In post 472, Almost50 wrote:I'm still waiting on Roden, D'Arby, Galron, Enchant & T3 to submit their lists
Oh hi. Sorry, just finished moving. Gimme a sec.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 am

Post by DArby »

In post 508, Bingle wrote:I really dislike GLs auro takes, btw. It reads like gl is calling auro scummy for being paranoid, which is p much the exact opposite of what someone being paranoid usually indicates.
Bings, could you please reword this?
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:54 am

Post by DArby »

Are you planning on killing your SRs with kindness or something? You're SRing both Roden and Salsa and seem to be very gentle with both of them.

That's why I asked if you ever are aggressive as Town. Which you didn't answer. And why are you not SRing someone who is giving a bogus meta read on you if you're not aggressive as Town?

P-Edit. Okay, so then my question still stands in why you are just acting flowery with your SRs. Does not make sense. Are these just tentative SRs or what?
Gut read there’s one scum between these two.

I’d be inclined to say it’s LQ.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:56 am

Post by DArby »

In post 515, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 514, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 513, LicketyQuickety wrote:P-Edit. Okay, so then my question still stands in why you are just acting flowery with your SRs. Does not make sense. Are these just tentative SRs or what?
I don't think I've been especially flowery? Like where do you see me doing that, specifically? I went in hard on Roden, he bailed, and Salsa has had enough attention that I haven't needed to push it myself. I'm satisfied with the gamestate currently, I don't need to do anything at the moment other than poke at peripheral slots like Auro
These posts right here:
In post 133, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 130, LicketyQuickety wrote:This is over aggro. Sort of feels fake.
being fair to Roden, I basically challenged him in my last post to go at me, so I'm not surprised to see him bite back. What I'd like to actually hear from him though is why he thinks my behavior is more likely to come from me as scum than me as town, because that's what's missing
In post 469, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 468, Salsabil Faria wrote:If I don’t understand something, I'll ask.
sure, but it feels like you're trying to drag Pav into a debate about claims that he didn't make or arguments that aren't important. From my impression of his original , all Pav was saying was that if he were to
know
that I am town, he would then think that Bingle's shade on me might indicate Bingle scum. However, as soon as you say something like that it can poison the well for NKA (a non-Bingle scum team might shoot me in an attempt to make Bingle look bad), so he wanted to clarify that he doesn't also think me being NK'd would
further
make him suspect Bingle. This is also basically exactly what he then clarified in and .

You're trying now to get him to talk about what he thinks scum!Bingle would or wouldn't do, which I don't see as all that meaningful or useful. No one has been killed yet, it doesn't develop nor change my understanding of his original posts, and it isn't something that Pav would have different reasoning about whether he's town or scum. Hence, I don't understand how the line of questioning actually helps you sort Pav, it feels like busywork at best and at worst potentially trying to stir up "issues" with Pav that you can then use to push him.
In the first, you are giving Roden a pass. In the second, you are basically treating Salsa with kid gloves.
Like unless LQ is going off of meta (which would change the vibes), wasn’t this along the same vein of your tring me in our last completed game together? @LQ
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:58 am

Post by DArby »

In post 516, GuiltyLion wrote:I disagree with your assessment of both those posts, but I appreciate you referencing them. The first one in particular is definitely not a pass, I'm explicitly challenging him to explain why he thinks my play comes from me as scum
Lmao and he does GL does the exact same thing LQ scum reads him for in the response.

At the least I disagree with LQs assessment. At the most this is sitting as my 3rd highest SR rn.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:02 am

Post by DArby »

In post 527, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 469, GuiltyLion wrote:You're trying now to get him to talk about what he thinks scum!Bingle would or wouldn't do, which I don't see as all that meaningful or useful.
I asked because I want to know the thought process behind their comment which is creating WIFOM.

My questions are usually based on what I don't understand, others perfectly understand it or not isn’t my concern.

In post 474, LicketyQuickety wrote:
This is the perfect example of the kind of weird I expect from Scum!Salsa.

For example, Salsa voted someone multiple times without actually voting someone else in the game I played with them where they were Scum. So this sort of counting posts to get to page top is right in line with the same kind of weirdness IMO.
Weirdness is NAI for me.

Ok boss :oops:

Also I'm voting
Roden
iirr
@Mod

In post 487, Bingle wrote:
In post 482, Almost50 wrote:So you did see at as signaling. GOOD. Now ACT upon it.
Okay.

LOL!

In post 489, mc esther wrote:the salsabil post where she acknowledges she's not scum hunting, lmao.
I'm struggling in this game tbh.

But the wagon shifts on me, so your one vote won't give that much of pressure on scum!
Roden
wagon.

If
GL
is scumreading me but not voting me
is an issue here, you also don't vote me yet but keep expressing multiple times or showing prove that I'm scum here and voting
Roden
instead...

UNVOTE: Roden

Hot take this is town.

DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:09 am

Post by DArby »

In post 393, Almost50 wrote:I feel bored, so I may decide to actually play this game seriously. (Sorry for those this may disappoint)

OK..

First "Dictatorian" Declaration:

I; King of thread and ruler of both Town & Mafia alike; have decided in all my mighty grace to
request
order all of my subjects and minions to each provide a 3-players list of their top TRs (NOT including self).

- You have 24 hours to comply.
- Once submitted you cannot alter your choices.

My liege, I bestow upon you my top three town reads:

1) MC
2) Enchant
3) Salsa
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:33 am

Post by mc esther »

uh yeah the salsabil townread is a bit of a hot take, do you think you can elaborate on it?
~
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:17 am

Post by DArby »

Spoiler:
In post 248, Salsabil Faria wrote:
What if both
Roden
and
LQ
are scums but not from same factions where scum!
Roden
wants to eliminate town first but scum!
LQ
targets other scum faction first!
I'm so talented
:lol: :lol:

GL
seems town, also like
Bingle
(mostly based on vibes).

In post 72, Auro wrote:
In post 62, GuiltyLion wrote:Hello hello old friends and new

VOTE: Roden

Didn't like his first post, I think using a past game to justify RVS vote is inherently a lil awkward

Also I like Galron for town
The structure of this first post: [vote, justification, townread] comes off as scummy to me
Why? Seems fine to me...

gets a
hmm

Also like
Pav
for , strike to me as genuine.

In post 129, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 127, Almost50 wrote:OH! I've just realized my new title has been implemented. I don't know how long it's been there but I didn't see it until NOW!
Townie post :lol:
How so?

In post 130, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 128, Roden wrote:
In post 119, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 112, Roden wrote:Awkward post
Does that make it any more townie or scummy in your eyes? The implication would be that it's scummy, but here you then go voting a player that hasn't posted yet instead of a player attracting votes. Not a very satisfying reply
Because I only have one vote.
In post 122, GuiltyLion wrote:Makes me feel like Roden wanted to discredit my vote as non-confrontationally as possible
Ok, good to know we've never played before then.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
This is over aggro. Sort of feels fake.
But you didn’t put your vote instantly here which I expect from town you (kind of ig) but instead you waited (for something?) and then vote later.

UNVOTE: DArby

In post 333, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 331, mc esther wrote:you randomly moved your vote to a lurker after expressing interest in a wagon that you [apparently?] dont actually feel good about.
Not confident about voting
Roden
yet.

I didn’t see
Enchant
lurks this much.
In post 337, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 335, mc esther wrote:yes, but what does "not confident about voting roden yet" actually mean? youve talked a little about why you dont want to vote roden (apparently you think me and enchant are better votes, apparently youre kinda sus of the people on the wagon in general). but why *do* you want to vote roden, what dont you like about their posting, which players do you think have reasonable cases against him? are you waiting on roden to defend himself, are you waiting on lickety to come out as more obviously townsided, what's going on with this "oh i kinda want to maybe" posting?
Why are you so hyper?? :?

Roden
vs
GL
or
Roden
vs
LQ
seems off but in what way I'm not fully understanding yet (especially when
Roden
kept saying
LQ you're ignoring *the point* which you know what
but
LQ
kept saying they doesn’t is very???). So, I'm taking my time here.

Do you think you do something townie enough so I shouldn’t vote you?

Enchant
's lurking doesn’t feel townie because of meta reason, thus vote them.
In post 338, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 336, T3 wrote:
In post 334, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 327, T3 wrote:VOTE: salsa
Salsa feels EXTREMELY different to how I remember town her.
There’s less emotion and content.
In post 332, T3 wrote:
In post 331, mc esther wrote:you randomly moved your vote to a lurker after expressing interest in a wagon that you [apparently?] dont actually feel good about.
VOTE: salsa
Rolled scum?
Hi why is me forgetting who I voted scummy
Forgets between *some minutes*? I don’t think so... Your eagerness of voting me is scummy.
In post 352, Salsabil Faria wrote:
You said
Roden
wasn't verge of the elimination but they're at E-3 that time and we have 4 scums.

I’m not going to do every post I like but I’ll do these and the last one I quoted. I don’t agree with the logic most of the time but it all feels tonally consistent. She’s not jumping on different ships, and her reads develop over time. I can disagree with play and still think they’re town.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:20 am

Post by DArby »

I’ll also need time to develop my thoughts but LQ vs Roden, LQ va GL, and LQ vs Salsa don’t feel genuine collectively from LQ.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:41 am

Post by mc esther »

when you talk about salsa's developing reads, im assuming youre largely talking about her lickety read. ill think on it, but it's not that convincing to me right this moment; and im really not sure it can outweigh the way she responded to me and t3 pressuring her, or her weird relationship to the roden wagon.

i do agree that there are question marks over lickety, i wasnt super explicit about it, but that was what i was getting at when poking holes in his comments about roden abandoning the thread.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:49 am

Post by mc esther »

the biggest issue with scum!lickety to me is that the roden error is almost too blatant. surely scum check their facts a little better than that lmao.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:20 am

Post by mc esther »

do lickety and roden know each other particularly well? would lickety reasonably know in advance that he could bait roden into that sort of an argument, or would lickety be afraid enough of roden reading him that he would want to push the miselim so recklessly?
~
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Galron »

Return to “Completed Open Games”