Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1824, GuiltyLion wrote:like I wrote up a whole case on redtea and was met by the thread with a resounding meh
in a hypothetical world where you're town and redtea turns out to be scum

sorry kkkkkkkk

I think I would have quite some amount of blame for that day 1 in this scenario.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by implosion »

The obvious breakdown of the ~flow of votes~ on the imag wagon is the immediate glut of fua-cephrir-ydrasse-me and then the stragglers of Shirou-GL-ceph-morph (Ceph counting in both bc he unvoted and revoted). At least in terms of wagon dynamics. Shirou made the show of wanting to be the one who started the wagon so maybe he counts as more of the former group, morph's was just a vote-to-end-the-day afaict.

I don't really think there's much that can be analyzed deeply there that isn't just my biases of who I already think is scummy/townish? Maybe there is idk.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1821, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1787, Tejate Raichu wrote:Also, I wasn't necessarily saying we should only look at imaginality wagon today. This situation is very different from my proposal in 2085, and in fact I actually AGREE with you. We probably don't find all 3 scum on that wagon. Of course, that naturally makes me very high on the suspect list due to that shoddy unvote. I understand that and will just have to accept the consequences of my actions.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. I think there is probably at least one on the wagon, but I doubt all 3 joined it. I actually think it'd be easier to look off wagon.
What are your current reads?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1823, Shirou wrote:
In post 1819, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1818, Shirou wrote:
In post 1817, Cephrir wrote:im not used to hunting from wagns especially town wagons but that does seem for some reason like a useful avenue this game
so you agree with Tejate's vision that there's likely scum (and perhaps multiple scum) in the Imaginality wagon?

Or do you perhaps agree with mine that it's likely there's at least one scum out of Imaginality's wagon?
i don't like to think in terms of "there's scum in this wagon," i think that alone is too specific, however i want to analyze the flow of votes in general and see if anyone stands out.
fair.

to be honest my opinion that there may be at least one outside of the wagon may be biased because my individual reads also point that way, kinda.

eh, let me open this d2 then with this

VOTE: meg

It's either this or Tejate for now from me, but I'm gonna open with this because I think it's more interesting (and also maybe scummier?)

I didn't like how all he had to say after catchup was mostly a ydrasse vote near deadline (especially since she was sick anyway). That didn't help at all when Imag flipped town and also especially if redtea is town as well as I ~kinda do think~ (less confident than yesterday though).

Feels like scum that didn't want to get his hands dirty to me.

/shrug
Do they make sense together?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1814, Shirou wrote:I think scum!redtea was very likely gonna get bussed a bit there.
I think this is the best point in your favor, I'm not sure I feel confident saying definitively whether scum would bus scum!redtea or kinda sit out and hope the wagon dies, but if it were me I'd have felt pressured to bus (or at least solidly distance) in that situation given the possibility of cops breaking the game open and you're right I don't really see anyone doing that

I can also vibe with the suspicion on Meg/Tejate slots. Though I think I currently prefer Tejate over Meg given I was townreading NSG's content and I don't think Meg's entrance is as scummy as you're suggesting, I think scum would be more inclined to try to earn towncred. D1 it's easiest to get away with voting a mislim, I don't think scum!Meg would feel especially afraid of maneuvering onto either imag or redtea, avoiding the situation altogether I find sorta agenda-less.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1826, implosion wrote:Shirou made the show of wanting to be the one who started the wagon so maybe he counts as more of the former group
that show is definitely funnier (and also more cringe?) on reread when we know Imaginality was town kkkkkk

いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1828, morph the cat wrote:Do they make sense together?
kkkk Idk

I guess maybe? I'm trying to not associative read too much today given yesterday results though
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1829, GuiltyLion wrote:s. Though I think I currently prefer Tejate over Meg given I was townreading NSG's content
I kinda very slightly did town read NSG for something that I'm not sure it's ethical or even allowed to say at all. So I'm gonna remain quiet on why I think, but yeah, I kinda also had some goodwill towards NSG slot but I'm not sure if Meg didn't completely revert that.

meh, I guess I could do Tejate as well, but I really do disagree on the point that Meg not going for either redtea/imag isn't scummy.

I think town for sure would have had something to say about the two top wagons that had been discussed so much...but he didn't say or do anything other than a vanity vote on Ydrasse. I can't help but be weirded out by that.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1831, Shirou wrote:
In post 1828, morph the cat wrote:Do they make sense together?
kkkk Idk

I guess maybe? I'm trying to not associative read too much today given yesterday results though
I asked because after both 1756 and 1766 both hit the thread, I started throwing posts from nsg/megs' iso about Tejate at neuterhalf.

After newbie 2085 I can say quite emphatically that megs doesn't approach mafia the way I do. I felt like their catchup being super quick and super shallow yesterday wasn't too different from how they entered n2085. Going quixotic on ydrasse when there was a nice juicy wagon on town sitting there is maybe a point in favor of town-her.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1832, Shirou wrote:I think town for sure would have had something to say about the two top wagons that had been discussed so much...but he didn't say or do anything other than a vanity vote on Ydrasse. I can't help but be weirded out by that.
This is a good point, though.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Man, is it really between me and Meg right now? Because I kind of don't full on SR Meg for that for the exact reason mentioned above.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1832, Shirou wrote:I think town for sure would have had something to say about the two top wagons that had been discussed so much...but he didn't say or do anything other than a vanity vote on Ydrasse. I can't help but be weirded out by that.
I don't disagree that town
should
have said something and it's weird, I just don't know that scum wouldn't feel like they should say something for the same reason

I have no experience with Meg though maybe he just dgaf trying to be townread, I guess this is reasoning is similar to why people didn't want redtea yesterday and I shouldn't put much stock into it

I really hate that Tejate post I called out though, feels wayyy too much like a "I'm not scum because I'm acting uninformed!" type of post
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Shirou »

this is the kind of moment I wanted to just sheep NSG for a bit if I had her as a town read/lean...

p-edit: it's still early in the day. I don't want to try to strongarm you guys wagons I think due to how yesterday went.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1835, Tejate Raichu wrote:Man, is it really between me and Meg right now? Because I kind of don't full on SR Meg for that for the exact reason mentioned above.
Okay we've gone past where self awareness is endearing and this is just outright sigh face.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Shirou »

I want to dayvig Tejate/Meg and just have their flips already at the same time I don't want to be so impulsive on D2.

How do I reconcile those feelings?

dunno.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1826, implosion wrote:morph's was just a vote-to-end-the-day afaict.
It was us giving up on waiting for the newbie to be valid citation as well as the game stagnation getting pretty ugly.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1827, morph the cat wrote:What are your current reads?
Amazonian and fua are town for reasons that should be fairly obvious.

Null town are GL, imp, Ydrasse, and Meg. Meg in particular because I liked NSG's later posts before she left; and because while I'm not exactly a fan of their opening here, I don't think it's very dissimilar from what they did in the newbie game.

Ceph is still a null read for me, and I've come around to a null read on numberQ as well. I think the latter half of their iso looks much better than the first. Ceph is null because I haven't been pinged much, and nQ is null because I've been pinged in both directions.

I wanted to give redtea a chance to prove me wrong, but honestly this slot still kind of sticks out like a sore thumb to me. morph, as I have already described previously, has pinged me little and what has pinged me has not inspired very much confidence.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1841, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1827, morph the cat wrote:What are your current reads?
Amazonian and fua are town for reasons that should be fairly obvious.

Null town are GL, imp, Ydrasse, and Meg. Meg in particular because I liked NSG's later posts before she left; and because while I'm not exactly a fan of their opening here, I don't think it's very dissimilar from what they did in the newbie game.

Ceph is still a null read for me, and I've come around to a null read on numberQ as well. I think the latter half of their iso looks much better than the first. Ceph is null because I haven't been pinged much, and nQ is null because I've been pinged in both directions.

I wanted to give redtea a chance to prove me wrong, but honestly this slot still kind of sticks out like a sore thumb to me. morph, as I have already described previously, has pinged me little and what has pinged me has not inspired very much confidence.
You have meta experience with the head who's doing the most morph-driving. I'm a little surprised that hasn't informed your read one direction or another.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

To a degree, it kind of has. I didn't feel it to be that worth mentioning, especially since Amazonian expressed similar thoughts at some point, but I feel like ffery was very much a force to be reckoned with in that game. Even when she was constantly being pushed as scum seven ways from sunday, she was still constantly giving out her thoughts in the hope that it could help town after the mis-elim. Granted, that was a very different situation to this game, but I haven't been feeling that same energy.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by fua »

VOTE: Tejate
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Shirou »

I think implosion is my highest town read by play rather than mechanics/circumstances (like Amazon/fua), and that's kinda wild. Didn't expect to have this kind of read on him at all even if he was town.

p-edit: and there comes fua
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Shirou »

you guys don't seem as interested on meg for now as you are on tejate so let me help for now

VOTE: tejate

let's see how this develops I guess

いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1843, Tejate Raichu wrote:To a degree, it kind of has. I didn't feel it to be that worth mentioning, especially since Amazonian expressed similar thoughts at some point, but I feel like ffery was very much a force to be reckoned with in that game. Even when she was constantly being pushed as scum seven ways from sunday, she was still constantly giving out her thoughts in the hope that it could help town after the mis-elim. Granted, that was a very different situation to this game, but I haven't been feeling that same energy.
The energy level comes down in part (maybe mostly) to mafia exhaustion from that game. I was holding back a lot of snark and anger in the newbie game. I let it fly when the mood hits in this one.

You wouldn't know if either of those states is AI, but they're certainly different states!

(Newbie games are different, but I'm generally more snarky as town).
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1841, Tejate Raichu wrote:while I'm not exactly a fan of their opening here, I don't think it's very dissimilar from what they did in the newbie game.
do you think scum!Meg would not try to play the same way they play as town?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1848, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1841, Tejate Raichu wrote:while I'm not exactly a fan of their opening here, I don't think it's very dissimilar from what they did in the newbie game.
do you think scum!Meg would not try to play the same way they play as town?
Perhaps, but even if that is the case, that's kind of my point. He does this as town, so it's not something I'm really keen to point it out as a scummy thing to do.

Return to “Completed Open Games”