Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 660, Brighter Puppy wrote:
In post 658, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 656, Brighter Puppy wrote:
In post 654, Dwlee99 wrote:If it actually is IV I think the entire game changes
In what way bub.

- Norwee
In that everyone is wrong and needs to reevaluate a lot of things
Very helpful Einstein.

- Norwee
In post 661, Brighter Puppy wrote:"If people are wrong, they need to consider that they are wrong"

Why are you town again Dwlee?

- Norwee
ALSO apparently it needed to be said because you're arguing AGAINST flipping small hood. If it was so obvious why didn't you think of it :thinking:
I prefer they, thanks :)
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

Fire tells me you're being an smartass.

- Norwee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Better than being a dumbass :P
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Dwlee you are being really vague about how flipping in the small group helps us

If you can't tell us who would be scum based on what they flip now, how will that change tomorrow?
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 622, Brighter Puppy wrote:What does "nah man that was your hammer" mean?
i felt like he was trying to absolve himself of responsibility.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by mc esther »

so, reflecting on yesterday -- i shouldve been the miselim (dw, im going somewhere with this, it isnt just pointless pessimism). i had significantly fewer posts which were on average way worse and significantly less transparent (hence, why puppy is still pestering me for reads, dw pup im on it) than todoroki's.

so, going from there: i think a todoroki miselim, from a maf perspective, seemed disproportionately beneficial. maf probably extrapolated from my d1 play that i'll remain the miselim all the way to yeelo if need be; contrast todoroki, i dont think there was any guarantee that innocentvillager would continue to be townread over toki into lategame. unfortunately, this is only true from my "i know i am town" perspective, which i cant prove to anyone else. i wouldnt need to prove it if my claim was just "maf was on the miselim wagon", but im actually making a stronger claim: that the wagon was maf-driven (i.e., that prism(!) is mafia). it's significant to me that both todoroki heads had suspicions on prism at different points in the game (and sure, they were also sus on me, but i think they probably read prism better than they read me; dwlee, eh, idk yet, i keep forgetting theyre in the game). this would also explain the kinda half-hearted reach-out that baffled todoroki so much; if youre driving a miselim for specific tactical reasons, you probably dont want to look too enthusiastic about it.

i also think prism's kinda stealthily flipped on his relatively strong mechanical convictions. while he never outright said "we must very definitely eliminate small", he scumread me for claiming the contrary (tangent: "i absolutely think she should know better", why? have i given any indication that my theoretical-mechanical play is particularly strong? i really do appreciate the show of confidence, but i dont get why you would believe this) and voted exclusively within the three-group (but never innocentvillager!). he's a lot softer on this at the start of today, it's not a hard-180, but it still doesnt look natural to me.

the obvious point of contention here is that... innocentvillager wasnt on todoroki, he was on me. i dont think these are contradictory observations, i dont think "maf!prism drove the todoroki wagon to line me up as a miselim at pretty much any arbitrary point in future" is incompatible with "maf!innocentvillager didnt vote todoroki". the other possible objection is "but inno isnt trying to miselim you later, he's gunning for you right now". sure, but i dont think inno believes the small-group elimination is guaranteed today; "innocent wants me eliminated now, but is reasonably confident i'll still be available as a miselim later" is a coherent view for him to hold. it's even possible that he doesnt particularly want me eliminated right now, and is expecting prism to continue softening on the six-group and nudge the town in that direction.

inno/prism also makes sense as a scumteam, although pretty much anyone/inno or anyone/prism could make sense as a scumteam, so this isnt super relevant overall.

i also want to point out that "toki miselim disproportionately benefits maf" makes std look way worse than dwlee. todoroki seemed to think that both std and prism should read them pretty accurately, so even if we ignore my "maf-driven" theory, their presence on the wagon is a lot more suspicious than mine and dwlee's.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by mc esther »

it's difficult to rank prism/dwlee/std as scumreads, because theyre all scummy in very different ways (and, literally cant be scum together). prism's individual posts ping super towny, it's only when you view them at this macro level (and, under the assumption that im town) that a maf strategy emerges. std's for the most part pretty nai, it's one specific incident (the hammer and surrounding comments) that look bad, but it looks really bad. dwlee's posts are frustratingly inane, like, he's contributed even less than i have imo, especially when you omit theory. theyre very apples-oranges-bananas scumreads.

laying these thoughts out, i get where puppy's coming from with his start-of-day comments and they look a lot townier to me now. the six-group (uh, five-group) is pretty difficult to disentangle rn and associations across the two groups really would help. both innocentvillager and myself could be buddied with literally any of these people.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by mc esther »

ebwop: theyve contributed even less than i have imo
~
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 678, Dunnstral wrote:Dwlee you are being really vague about how flipping in the small group helps us

If you can't tell us who would be scum based on what they flip now, how will that change tomorrow?
ISOs will still exist
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

@Esther I am noting a distinct lack of Dunnstral opinion.
Ur opinion of STD and dwlee noted.

I like ur opinion onf Prism even though i think its very very wrong.
r u doing analysis on the end of game wagon? it seems like u are doing that.

Cause if ur saying its innocentvillager, ur saying the elim on Todoraki massively enabled scum here. But ur giving of std/dwlee/prism I am thinking ur saying it has to be one of the people voting Todoraki is that a coincidence or is that end game wagon going into that
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 596, Pavowski wrote:Todoroki (5): mc esther, Dwlee99, Prism, Kuriyama, Save The Dragons
in my view theres no way this has no scum. This isn't a controversial opinion on i know but i want to strike a few combinations out of the game.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by mc esther »

ive been pretty solid on dunnstral town all game, and while that's weakened a little (his lines of enquiry are all pretty obvious, and also you can only lurk so much before i start questioning the townread), he's probably my strongest townread, followed closely by puppy (i think im done going back-and-forth on puppy, lmao we'll see). usually youre meant to poe-read scum, not town lol, but yeah, dunn's the only person in this game where im going "i just dont have the reasons to fos you that i have on other players"

overall, i dont think a lack of content is actually alignment-indicative for dwlee, though this isnt actually the extent of the scumread on them. other people have picked out inconsistencies and generally odd views in their posts, but imo theyre town over std and i guess by extention over prism. i do not care to rank std/prism right now, again, apples-oranges; and also, i really do think inno should be the elim today.

p-edit, i'll parse those out and comment if this doesnt answer, i started typing this out before you asked
~
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

so that means me/IV and IV/Dunnstral is not possible
which only barely helps me cause i already knew first one wasn't possible.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by mc esther »

when i say "std/prism scum over dwlee", yeah, that's a look at the end-of-day wagon. when i outline the way in which prism pushing the todoroki wagon super hard is massively beneficial to mafia, no, i dont really care about the rest of the wagon when making that point (beyond the fact that, the wagon happened).

these comments largely ignore innocentvillager, except where i explain that inno's refusal to vote todoroki doesnt contradict the view that maf probably really wanted that elim.
~
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

it bothers me that scum is very likely in dwlee/std and that the town in that group is just fine with sliding by the other.
and if its neither they letting dunnstral/prism free reign
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by mc esther »

assuming maf is on the wagon, then me or inno flipping (confirming inno as maf) wholly clears dunn and puppy. i'd really like to prove this.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by mc esther »

dwlee cant know this as town though, so it doesnt directly vindicate their comments on flip information.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by mc esther »

on the flipside, they would know this and wouldnt want this as maf
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:22 pm

Post by mc esther »

yeahhhhh im tentatively on dwlee town (and, lmao, less town on puppy again, idk i just feel like theyre trying to pocket me, although the obvious counterpoint is that it probably doesnt make much sense to pocket me). town dunn, null-town puppy/dwlee, maf std/prism.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by mc esther »

wait. puppy's clear. this is even easier.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by mc esther »

yeah, prism's softening on the six-group makes a ton of sense if you assume that maf!prism knows (and, lmao, he would know, he's easily the most analytical player here) that an elim within the three-group skyrockets dunnstral's and puppy's towniness. i dont really see how else you explain his move from "sus on me for shifting to six-group, and voting exclusively within the three-group" to "idk maybe six is okay".
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by mc esther »

sucks that this is largely (entirely?) specific to my point-of-view, sorry i cant turn up something more generalized for you all
~
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 693, mc esther wrote:yeahhhhh im tentatively on dwlee town (and, lmao, less town on puppy again, idk i just feel like theyre trying to pocket me, although the obvious counterpoint is that it probably doesnt make much sense to pocket me). town dunn, null-town puppy/dwlee, maf std/prism.
im just trying to get u to talk more because it helps me solve.
u would know for sure if im trying to pocket u, i would be extremely nice for no other reason
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

also im still heavily leaning u for scum.
If i wanted to pocket u, i would be calling u town here.
i don't know where i could be trying to pocket u besides me trying to have an open dialogue with u.

I am not treating u as ur town. I am playing with possibility ur town. Which is diff than how I think u treated todoraki yesterday
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by mc esther »

shouldnt you lim within three-group then? like, isnt dunn very definitely my partner from your perspective? im not trying to poke holes in your theory or anything, im 100% done back-and-forthing on you, youre locktown. it's just that you kinda got stuck tunnelling six-group imo and while that was actually kinda useful in a round-about way (it definitely did expand the discussion to a broader scope than it otherwise wouldve been), it was always incorrect and i think it's largely lost its utility at this point even from your own argument.
~

Return to “Completed Open Games”