fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by fua »

Not going to lie, I don't get any of Meg's points at all and I think Tejate's statement is just to direct a cop towards an easily readable slot already. I think the anti-Tejate argument makes perfect sense.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by fua »

I think Meg is just tunneled.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 2074, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2055, Shirou wrote:You know

Meg really sounds like someone that knows Tejate is town and is getting themselves ready to shade/blame people tomorrow if Tejate flips green.

Not that I think Tejate is town but eh. Meg's posts are increasingly bugging me. It's hard to believe they do believe on what they are saying at some points, their logic is so...weird sometimes?
I was thinking about whether this is a WK, but the thing is I don't know if scum!Meg needs or wants to go to bat for town!Tejate this hard, feels like if Tejate is town then scum are more likely to just let town drive that wagon without needing to get too involved given fua and Ceph are both on it

Meg feels insistent on trying to pick this fight with you without caring how it looks, what does he gain from this as scum really? I don't think it's going to save Tejate if they're buddies either
In post 2060, implosion wrote:Meg I'm having a lot of trouble following your logic. You asked Shirou to condense their case, which they did, and then you basically objected to the condensed case on the grounds that it was only based on one thing. Which it was, because it was condensed.
100% agree with this point
I mean I asked for the case in full which is the opposite of condensed so.......
Imprefection is the spice of life.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The Megs/Shirou thing, on the face of it I want to townread both for it.

NSG's warning about taking Shirou too lightly made an impression on me even though I wasn't townreading NSG's posts. And I became more cautious about one of my earliest townreads -- one of the three players I was willing to punch a Day 3 ticket for during the first 2-3 days of Day 1.

Megs coming in and settling on a scumread of the same slot that NSG voiced a generalized "be careful about automatically townreading him" kinda bugs me, though. It makes me wonder if there's a greater tactic in play. e.g., greater than the 2 slots most obviously involved.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2070, MegAzumarill wrote:I don't feel like continuing this conversation is +town regardless of your alignment at this point.
do you think I care about whether it's +town or not?

do you think I care about whether I'm being oh so helpful for the collective town or not

what I DO CARE about is deciding whether I should death tunnel your slot or not because not only I feel bad-faith is all over your approach on my slot, but also because even if you're town I don't trust your judgement on other slots very much if that's your "case"/"read" on me, and your logic is so alien that it tilts me as well.

do you want me to write you a better case on myself so that you can adopt it rather than the kind of stuff you've been using? I could consider being that generous I think
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 2079, Shirou wrote:
In post 2070, MegAzumarill wrote:I don't feel like continuing this conversation is +town regardless of your alignment at this point.
do you think I care about whether it's +town or not?

do you think I care about whether I'm being oh so helpful for the collective town or not

what I DO CARE about is deciding whether I should death tunnel your slot or not because not only I feel bad-faith is all over your approach on my slot, but also because even if you're town I don't trust your judgement on other slots very much if that's your "case"/"read" on me, and your logic is so alien that it tilts me as well.

do you want me to write you a better case on myself so that you can adopt it rather than the kind of stuff you've been using? I could consider being that generous I think
If you are town and are trying to do things that hurt the towns chances of winning that is..... not good

If you want to death tunnel go ahead but no need to disrupt conversation while doing so
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2051, implosion wrote:I think the core of my issue with that exchange at this point isn't about you scumreading or not scumreading ceph or whatever per se but about you specifically voting someone based on an assumption that Ceph is town, immediately after stating your suspicion (and like I briefly mentioned, I also think it's strange at that point in the game to make a vote specifically based on reasoning that assumes multiple people are town in the first place). Like sure, maybe your opinions change faster than mine but I just feel like the thought process that goes into voting someone specifically under the assumption that they'd make sense as scum if Ceph is town, would not come that quickly after you felt suspicion on Ceph.
Meh, I guess all I'll say here is like.. that thought process did come that quickly, and I think if I were scum, even though I do like to try to emulate agenda less free-spirited play, it would have been a little more calculated to ~some end~ than that.
In post 2051, implosion wrote:You should clearly be able to see that I'm more confident in you being scum than redtea from my recent reads list
this is just baffling though

like in what world and I a more confident bet for scum than redtea

I truly can't grok that opinion

I can grok like, GL
could
be scum, I have [x] or [y] reason to TR redtea, but when it comes to read
confidence
, how on earth do you compare our ISOs and our play and say mine comes from scum more often than theirs?

as much as I agree with a lot of your points/analysis, I don't think I'll ever really feel good about you being town if you really have this much strength in a redtea townread, it's fundamentally unimaginable to me. I can understand being a lot
more unsure
of me given our recent past games, but
more confident
that I'm scum? no way
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

am* I, not and I
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Does anyone have experience with shirou's playstyle as town/scum?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I guess to try to frame my thinking better, I feel like at best someone could be vaguely townreading on redtea but with large uncertainty

and maybe scumread me, but with less confidence in me being scum than confidence in redtea being town

saying you're more confident that I am scum here than redtea rubs me the wrong way. At this point, there should be like a bunch of reasons I could be town and maybe a handful of why I could be scum. Whereas with redtea, there's a handful of reasons they could be scum and .... ???? virtually no reasons for them to be town? The fact that they are barely playing?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

(standing at the edge of the room) fight fight fight
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Back on, catching up and writing again.
In post 2084, GuiltyLion wrote:I guess to try to frame my thinking better, I feel like at best someone could be vaguely townreading on redtea but with large uncertainty

and maybe scumread me, but with less confidence in me being scum than confidence in redtea being town

saying you're more confident that I am scum here than redtea rubs me the wrong way. At this point, there should be like a bunch of reasons I could be town and maybe a handful of why I could be scum. Whereas with redtea, there's a handful of reasons they could be scum and .... ???? virtually no reasons for them to be town? The fact that they are barely playing?
How do you feel about Shirou's similar read on redtea? implo even pointed out that they both had pretty much the exact same opinion on the slot. I ask because I agree with you on the topic of redtea and there has been barely any redtea discussion at all today.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2078, morph the cat wrote:Megs coming in and settling on a scumread of the same slot that NSG voiced a generalized "be careful about automatically townreading him" kinda bugs me, though. It makes me wonder if there's a greater tactic in play. e.g., greater than the 2 slots most obviously involved.
You know, I wasn't mentioning it because I'm not sure it applies here but...trivia fact?

Most people that compliment my play in games end up turning out to be scum. It didn't happen that many times overall but it always get me a bit sadder every time it happens like that. I end up being a bit happy someone compliments for something only for it to turn out they said it for likely in-game advantage...

well, but I do think this would be an opinion that town!NSG would likely have, that I shouldn't be town read that easily, so I don't think it applies here perhaps.

Mostly a random trivia fact which is why I didn't say it up until now. I kinda secretly want NSG slot to have been town though, I felt a bit happy about what she said even though it's definitely an overestimation of how much effort I would put in a scum game nowadays.

Meg isn't helping me have a good opinion of the slot though...
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Shirou »

oh happy birthday Fua.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2081, GuiltyLion wrote:I can grok like, GL could be scum, I have [x] or [y] reason to TR redtea, but when it comes to read confidence, how on earth do you compare our ISOs and our play and say mine comes from scum more often than theirs?
I am pretty sure I'm misunderstanding you here? Or you're misunderstanding me? I find you a little scummy on net and redtea a little townie on net. And you're saying you can find those two things individually reasonable, but together they're not? I don't understand how you're using the word "confidence" here. I'm just ordering slots from T->S and saying you're further on that list than redtea.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2085, Ydrasse wrote:(standing at the edge of the room) fight fight fight
come fight with us too ydra!

nothing better to feel like you've completely recovered your energy than to punch someone in the gut or face you know?

You'll feel the energy spreading through your arms and legs again, and when you get punched as a reaction, your sense of smell/taste is also gonna let you feel the blood running through your hurt mouth and broken nose. It's quite something.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by fua »

It's in 2 hours, actually.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2083, MegAzumarill wrote:Does anyone have experience with shirou's playstyle as town/scum?
yes

as town shirou is town

as scum shirou is scum

I hope it was helpful ty very much for reading
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2090, Shirou wrote:
In post 2085, Ydrasse wrote:(standing at the edge of the room) fight fight fight

nothing better to feel like you've completely recovered your energy than to punch someone in the gut or face you know?

You'll feel the energy spreading through your arms and legs again, and when you get punched as a reaction, your sense of smell/taste is also gonna let you feel the blood running through your hurt mouth and broken nose. It's quite something.
that is true BUT i have no stances. i'm a free agent of chaos just trying to make everyone go wild
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2091, fua wrote:It's in 2 hours, actually.
Oh sorry, I forget my timezone sometimes.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Happy almost birthday.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by morph the cat »

GL is making it hard to stay on the wait and see train.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2093, Ydrasse wrote:
that is true BUT i have no stances. i'm a free agent of chaos just trying to make everyone go wild
Oh wow, where is our black winged man when a new joker arises?

p-edit: why? feel like voting him or with him?
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2093, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2090, Shirou wrote:

This sounds a lot like some of the scum-you posts in Ceph's nearly normal game.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2097, Shirou wrote:p-edit: why? feel like voting him or with him?
Part of gave me some townfeels.

Return to “Completed Open Games”