Open 850: Democrabilities (Day 2, Elimination Phase)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 09, 2022

Post Post #600  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 1:57 pm

In post 594, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 585, MalcolmTucker wrote:It's fundamentally a leap in logic for me though to suggest Goldfish is the one who's likely to get shot. They look very townie to me and I think their analysis/posts have been solid, but I wouldn't say they've necessarily been leading the town in a way I think Furtive is trying to do, or in the way Titus briefly tried to do D1 when they strongly pushed for going for two kills. If Furtive is town, for example, they could potentially be in trouble. If scum somehow agree with you Alianna looks townie, they could have been the target...albeit I imagine that's unlikely. If someone's had a strong push so far that's not gotten a lot of attention they could be targeted. It's all hypothetical. Either way I reckon we need to be giving this inform power to a strong, consensus townread here because the alternative - where we hand it to someone we acknowledge could be scum - is far too risky.

In post 561, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

This is the best vote. You guys might not like it, but it's true. Mafia are very unlikely to have confirmed my alignment

It also makes things a lot simpler. All you have to do is figure out whether I am town or not. Whereas a vote for Goldfish means we need to figure out both if goldfish is town, and if furtive/malcolm/whoever are mafia trying to push it onto the townie who is also the bp,

Dunnstral - The thing is what I said about them maybe BP'ing the person they thought would get eliminated is also a possibility, although unlikely it still means you're a worse candidate than furtive and me. We also very unlikely to get our alignment confirmed but are also are unlikely to be eliminated today. Also ur sus.

Malcolm if you think furtive is at risk of being NK because of how much they are leading town you could always vote for me :) also anyone we vote for we should acknowledge they could be scum. We havent gotten any solid info this game, yet. I do think goldfish is town though. in you said we shouldnt be giving it to anyone who has been heavily suspected except goldfish has been, by RR.
As for the thing before about furtives turnaround on Titus being orchestrated I don't think so. I had forgotten the specific tone of them and after looking back I doubt they were forced. The changed opinion on titus looks like it happened really quickly but it checks out with the fact they waited to give a readlist because they were putting effort into reading everyones iso's.


My issue is I'm not particularly confident on you being town - I think your posting on D2 has been quite reasonable and engaging but I had you down as one of my top three possible scum on D1. I'm also - as a general rule - not too keen on players being the first to suggest they take on the inform power. Goldfish is my preferred option at the moment, for example, and they seem keen to take it on, but would have been less immediately trusting had Furtive not made the suggestion first.

MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 09, 2022

Post Post #601  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 1:59 pm

In post 596, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 572, MalcolmTucker wrote:Although a part of me does wonder if this is a bit bold from scum Dunn? I don't know, I guess if we have an Alianna/Dunn team (which would be my best bet at the moment), it would be feasible for one of the two of them to want to push receiving the inform role just to give a big push and see what happens.

Dunnstral and Radical Rat have both done bold things in day 2. I would normally read that as town but with the fact that they know they are likely to be eliminated anyway if they played it safe I dont think any 'too bold' reasons should be used today.


Fair, I'm just always wary of ascribing scum reads to someone who does something that perhaps feels overtly scummy or anti-town...generally I'm aware scum like to blend in and don't want to appear obvious or unhelpful. Bit presuming Goldfish is indeed town it's quite possible Dunn (if they're scum) was panicking a bit and throwing a gambit out there in the hope someone else would jump on it.

furtiveglance
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2022

Post Post #602  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 3:40 pm

I think the people who want Goldfish informed are town at the moment, and the people I'm suspicious of are pushing for alternatives. So I'm happy to press on. Cat.Jpeg/Flea should hammer Goldfish and we can move on.

Flea The Magician
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2020
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #603  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Brains are weird, reading up...
XenoSkulk was processed by Crushing Wheels
█████████████████████████
Do you wanna get to know me? Like are you really sure about that? GTKAS!
Songs I have used in catchups
Anything signed is from alters.

Flea The Magician
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2020
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #604  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 5:34 pm

Spoiler: We don't need another hero!
In post 506, MegAzumarill wrote:
As the sun set 8 people went to their houses. In the morning.... 8 still remained.

The Day 2 Ability Phase shall be: Inform
The mafia has chosen a player, vote a player you want to learn the alignment of the player chosen by the mafia!


Votecount 2.0.0
Day 2: Taste- So many tasty things to eat

Not Voting: Radical Rat, MalcolmTucker, furtiveglance, GoldfishFromTheMoon, Dunnstral, Cat.Jpeg, Alianna, Flea The Magician

With 8 alive it takes 5 to make a decision.
Deadline:(expired on 2022-05-17 00:07:08)


Beautiful. Sorry Titus <3 so this shot is either random or someone who played with Titus before knows she powers up as the game goes on.
Dunn isn't the type to make that shot I don't think, I think Rat might but might suggest it more than push it.
Doesn't eliminate either of them and both are under close watch today.


In post 507, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Let it be said that I was online when the daystart was posted
In post 509, Alianna wrote:Let it be said that I also was online when the day start was posted. Is that relevant though?
LAMIST much?

In post 514, furtiveglance wrote:Flea voting for Titus slightly dampens my townread there. I think Goldfish is the most town for me.

I would like to inform Goldfish.

VOTE: Goldfish
Hoping you elaborate on this.
Spoiler: We don't need to know the way home
In post 529, Alianna wrote:Wagon on me was interesting and draws parallels with 2092 but I don’t want to comment too much until I’ve thought more.
Again, hoping you elaborate here.

In post 537, furtiveglance wrote:I've thought about this inform ability a bit more. It will most likely give us a confirmed town, because mafia wouldn't want to out themselves. I think based on yesterday the player we will be informed of is probably Flea/Malcolm, for being consensus townreads.

I think we've actually forced mafias hand here which amuses me. Fun thing is finding out who they've cleared.
For me Goldfish is not the one to inform here, but, Mafia also cannot lie without outing themselves unless they "clear" themselves. So optimal scumplay here is vote their NK or vote themselves.
Spoiler: All we want is life beyond
In post 555, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I find it humorous that because Titus was NK'd it's almost like we didn't eliminate twice. They would hate that. Im going to look at the game again with the knowledge 2 people knew Titus was the nightkill. The final vote count has me, furtive, malcolm, and alianna not voting titus but i dont think thats too useful because i think the mafia (at least one of them) ended up voting titus in the end to avoid getting voted themselves (rr or dunnstral). Also once again I townlean alianna for how absurd it was for them to unvote on Titus. Early in the game though might yeild more information.

Titus is screaming at me from the dead thread. I can promise you that. 3 eliminations become one and we're on evens which is what I was trying to avoid.

In post 566, furtiveglance wrote:You need to be aware of how you're perceived and why. That's the first step to being involved in the town. If you just push your own agenda and ignore us all the time, it's not easy townread you. You didn't really engage with my idea of giving Goldfish the info, what do you think about that? I get that you prefer yourself, but do think Goldfish is scum? Or just a likely nightkill target? What's the issue here.

Mhmm. Why pick on Dunn and not goldfish for this?
Spoiler: The thunderdome.
In post 576, Radical Rat wrote:We should stop and think this through.

As I mentioned just before the end of D1, scum would have Not wanted Titus to be eliminated. While this doesn't 100% clear her wagon, it's probably safe to assume that at least one scum would have been trying to redirect, and Titus's main counter wagon was Alianna, which saw moderate success, albeit not enough. From this, it's a pretty safe bet that Alianna is Town, and since we know she's been a contentious slot, it's more likely that scum have her lined up for elimination than nightkill.

VOTE: Alianna

Actually a good shout. Hoping we get more solid stances from Alianna though and I'm not entirely sold without a reread there.

In post 581, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 576, Radical Rat wrote:We should stop and think this through.

As I mentioned just before the end of D1, scum would have Not wanted Titus to be eliminated. While this doesn't 100% clear her wagon, it's probably safe to assume that at least one scum would have been trying to redirect, and Titus's main counter wagon was Alianna, which saw moderate success, albeit not enough. From this, it's a pretty safe bet that Alianna is Town, and since we know she's been a contentious slot, it's more likely that scum have her lined up for elimination than nightkill.

VOTE: Alianna


This logic is bizarre and cyclical because it assumes town!Alianna initially. The way I see it, Alianna was the counter wagon to confirmed town. That's the only thing I care about. Alianna does not get towncred for being the counter wagon to the nightkill, because that implies that me/Malcolm are scum. Which is untrue/I would be shocked if Malcolm was mafia. So Alianna is no more town than yesterday for me.

Your logic is amazing.


Rat gains cred, Dunn gains sus, cat/malc/furtive incriminating each other? huh.
XenoSkulk was processed by Crushing Wheels
█████████████████████████
Do you wanna get to know me? Like are you really sure about that? GTKAS!
Songs I have used in catchups
Anything signed is from alters.

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016

Post Post #605  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 5:52 pm

Not sure why I gain sus in the post above

Alianna
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2022
Location: Canada
Pronoun: She

Post Post #606  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 5:57 pm

In post 597, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 528, Alianna wrote:I don’t townread Dunn anymore. Note to self - preflip associatives are a bad idea.

In post 531, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I think we all need to rethink things for today,

Of your scumpool I think Alianna and RR are possible scum, but not together, and I townlean Dunnstral

Goldfish you have said you townread dunnstral 3 or 4 times but I cant find where you explained why. Please explain or link to a post if i missed it.
Also Alianna can you explain your post too?

A good piece of my townread on Dunnstral was because I thought it was unlikely they were paired with Titus, who I scumread. Now that Titus is confirmed town, that point is irrelevant.
I townread Alianna.

furtiveglance
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2022

Post Post #607  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 6:21 pm

In post 604, Flea The Magician wrote:
Spoiler: We don't need another hero!
In post 506, MegAzumarill wrote:
As the sun set 8 people went to their houses. In the morning.... 8 still remained.

The Day 2 Ability Phase shall be: Inform
The mafia has chosen a player, vote a player you want to learn the alignment of the player chosen by the mafia!


Votecount 2.0.0
Day 2: Taste- So many tasty things to eat

Not Voting: Radical Rat, MalcolmTucker, furtiveglance, GoldfishFromTheMoon, Dunnstral, Cat.Jpeg, Alianna, Flea The Magician

With 8 alive it takes 5 to make a decision.
Deadline:(expired on 2022-05-17 00:07:08)


Beautiful. Sorry Titus <3 so this shot is either random or someone who played with Titus before knows she powers up as the game goes on.
Dunn isn't the type to make that shot I don't think, I think Rat might but might suggest it more than push it.
Doesn't eliminate either of them and both are under close watch today.


In post 507, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Let it be said that I was online when the daystart was posted
In post 509, Alianna wrote:Let it be said that I also was online when the day start was posted. Is that relevant though?
LAMIST much?

In post 514, furtiveglance wrote:Flea voting for Titus slightly dampens my townread there. I think Goldfish is the most town for me.

I would like to inform Goldfish.

VOTE: Goldfish
Hoping you elaborate on this.
Spoiler: We don't need to know the way home
In post 529, Alianna wrote:Wagon on me was interesting and draws parallels with 2092 but I don’t want to comment too much until I’ve thought more.
Again, hoping you elaborate here.

In post 537, furtiveglance wrote:I've thought about this inform ability a bit more. It will most likely give us a confirmed town, because mafia wouldn't want to out themselves. I think based on yesterday the player we will be informed of is probably Flea/Malcolm, for being consensus townreads.

I think we've actually forced mafias hand here which amuses me. Fun thing is finding out who they've cleared.
For me Goldfish is not the one to inform here, but, Mafia also cannot lie without outing themselves unless they "clear" themselves. So optimal scumplay here is vote their NK or vote themselves.
Spoiler: All we want is life beyond
In post 555, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I find it humorous that because Titus was NK'd it's almost like we didn't eliminate twice. They would hate that. Im going to look at the game again with the knowledge 2 people knew Titus was the nightkill. The final vote count has me, furtive, malcolm, and alianna not voting titus but i dont think thats too useful because i think the mafia (at least one of them) ended up voting titus in the end to avoid getting voted themselves (rr or dunnstral). Also once again I townlean alianna for how absurd it was for them to unvote on Titus. Early in the game though might yeild more information.

Titus is screaming at me from the dead thread. I can promise you that. 3 eliminations become one and we're on evens which is what I was trying to avoid.

In post 566, furtiveglance wrote:You need to be aware of how you're perceived and why. That's the first step to being involved in the town. If you just push your own agenda and ignore us all the time, it's not easy townread you. You didn't really engage with my idea of giving Goldfish the info, what do you think about that? I get that you prefer yourself, but do think Goldfish is scum? Or just a likely nightkill target? What's the issue here.

Mhmm. Why pick on Dunn and not goldfish for this?
Spoiler: The thunderdome.
In post 576, Radical Rat wrote:We should stop and think this through.

As I mentioned just before the end of D1, scum would have Not wanted Titus to be eliminated. While this doesn't 100% clear her wagon, it's probably safe to assume that at least one scum would have been trying to redirect, and Titus's main counter wagon was Alianna, which saw moderate success, albeit not enough. From this, it's a pretty safe bet that Alianna is Town, and since we know she's been a contentious slot, it's more likely that scum have her lined up for elimination than nightkill.

VOTE: Alianna

Actually a good shout. Hoping we get more solid stances from Alianna though and I'm not entirely sold without a reread there.

In post 581, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 576, Radical Rat wrote:We should stop and think this through.

As I mentioned just before the end of D1, scum would have Not wanted Titus to be eliminated. While this doesn't 100% clear her wagon, it's probably safe to assume that at least one scum would have been trying to redirect, and Titus's main counter wagon was Alianna, which saw moderate success, albeit not enough. From this, it's a pretty safe bet that Alianna is Town, and since we know she's been a contentious slot, it's more likely that scum have her lined up for elimination than nightkill.

VOTE: Alianna


This logic is bizarre and cyclical because it assumes town!Alianna initially. The way I see it, Alianna was the counter wagon to confirmed town. That's the only thing I care about. Alianna does not get towncred for being the counter wagon to the nightkill, because that implies that me/Malcolm are scum. Which is untrue/I would be shocked if Malcolm was mafia. So Alianna is no more town than yesterday for me.

Your logic is amazing.


Rat gains cred, Dunn gains sus, cat/malc/furtive incriminating each other? huh.


These thoughts are....idk. Weird? Bad?

1) Nightkill analysis is even more useless than usual in this considering that it was done pre-game. Rat gets no towncred from that.

2) I don't need to elaborate on informing Goldfish. They're my strongest townread.

3) Your point about giving the Titus wagon towncred is illogical. It assumes that Alianna is town - which I don't think is true in the first place. The fact is that the Titus wagon were all voting town - they get scumcred in my eyes.

4) Are you sarcastically criticising my logic about Alianna still being scummy based on yesterday's wagon? If so, counter it.

5) You're casually sussing me/Malcolm/Cat. Expand on this.

In general, I don't like the playstyle of coast + wallpost with questionable content. I much prefer little and often, it helps understand your thought process.

Alianna
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2022
Location: Canada
Pronoun: She

Post Post #608  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 pm

In post 604, Flea The Magician wrote:
Spoiler: We don't need another hero!
In post 506, MegAzumarill wrote:
As the sun set 8 people went to their houses. In the morning.... 8 still remained.

The Day 2 Ability Phase shall be: Inform
The mafia has chosen a player, vote a player you want to learn the alignment of the player chosen by the mafia!


Votecount 2.0.0
Day 2: Taste- So many tasty things to eat

Not Voting: Radical Rat, MalcolmTucker, furtiveglance, GoldfishFromTheMoon, Dunnstral, Cat.Jpeg, Alianna, Flea The Magician

With 8 alive it takes 5 to make a decision.
Deadline:(expired on 2022-05-17 00:07:08)


Beautiful. Sorry Titus <3 so this shot is either random or someone who played with Titus before knows she powers up as the game goes on.
Dunn isn't the type to make that shot I don't think, I think Rat might but might suggest it more than push it.
Doesn't eliminate either of them and both are under close watch today.


In post 507, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Let it be said that I was online when the daystart was posted
In post 509, Alianna wrote:Let it be said that I also was online when the day start was posted. Is that relevant though?
LAMIST much?

In post 514, furtiveglance wrote:Flea voting for Titus slightly dampens my townread there. I think Goldfish is the most town for me.

I would like to inform Goldfish.

VOTE: Goldfish
Hoping you elaborate on this.
Spoiler: We don't need to know the way home
In post 529, Alianna wrote:Wagon on me was interesting and draws parallels with 2092 but I don’t want to comment too much until I’ve thought more.
Again, hoping you elaborate here.

In post 537, furtiveglance wrote:I've thought about this inform ability a bit more. It will most likely give us a confirmed town, because mafia wouldn't want to out themselves. I think based on yesterday the player we will be informed of is probably Flea/Malcolm, for being consensus townreads.

I think we've actually forced mafias hand here which amuses me. Fun thing is finding out who they've cleared.
For me Goldfish is not the one to inform here, but, Mafia also cannot lie without outing themselves unless they "clear" themselves. So optimal scumplay here is vote their NK or vote themselves.
Spoiler: All we want is life beyond
In post 555, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I find it humorous that because Titus was NK'd it's almost like we didn't eliminate twice. They would hate that. Im going to look at the game again with the knowledge 2 people knew Titus was the nightkill. The final vote count has me, furtive, malcolm, and alianna not voting titus but i dont think thats too useful because i think the mafia (at least one of them) ended up voting titus in the end to avoid getting voted themselves (rr or dunnstral). Also once again I townlean alianna for how absurd it was for them to unvote on Titus. Early in the game though might yeild more information.

Titus is screaming at me from the dead thread. I can promise you that. 3 eliminations become one and we're on evens which is what I was trying to avoid.

In post 566, furtiveglance wrote:You need to be aware of how you're perceived and why. That's the first step to being involved in the town. If you just push your own agenda and ignore us all the time, it's not easy townread you. You didn't really engage with my idea of giving Goldfish the info, what do you think about that? I get that you prefer yourself, but do think Goldfish is scum? Or just a likely nightkill target? What's the issue here.

Mhmm. Why pick on Dunn and not goldfish for this?
Spoiler: The thunderdome.
In post 576, Radical Rat wrote:We should stop and think this through.

As I mentioned just before the end of D1, scum would have Not wanted Titus to be eliminated. While this doesn't 100% clear her wagon, it's probably safe to assume that at least one scum would have been trying to redirect, and Titus's main counter wagon was Alianna, which saw moderate success, albeit not enough. From this, it's a pretty safe bet that Alianna is Town, and since we know she's been a contentious slot, it's more likely that scum have her lined up for elimination than nightkill.

VOTE: Alianna

Actually a good shout. Hoping we get more solid stances from Alianna though and I'm not entirely sold without a reread there.

In post 581, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 576, Radical Rat wrote:We should stop and think this through.

As I mentioned just before the end of D1, scum would have Not wanted Titus to be eliminated. While this doesn't 100% clear her wagon, it's probably safe to assume that at least one scum would have been trying to redirect, and Titus's main counter wagon was Alianna, which saw moderate success, albeit not enough. From this, it's a pretty safe bet that Alianna is Town, and since we know she's been a contentious slot, it's more likely that scum have her lined up for elimination than nightkill.

VOTE: Alianna


This logic is bizarre and cyclical because it assumes town!Alianna initially. The way I see it, Alianna was the counter wagon to confirmed town. That's the only thing I care about. Alianna does not get towncred for being the counter wagon to the nightkill, because that implies that me/Malcolm are scum. Which is untrue/I would be shocked if Malcolm was mafia. So Alianna is no more town than yesterday for me.

Your logic is amazing.


Rat gains cred, Dunn gains sus, cat/malc/furtive incriminating each other? huh.

Re: and being LAMIST
I don't get what you mean by this. I did not read as making any attempt to project alignment. It just looked like Goldfish being Goldfish. I can tell you that the same goes for my post .

Re: furtive's criticizing Dunn's self-vote
Self-voting isn't auto-sus here. From an individual perspective, it makes sense to do so as either alignment because you're informed of your own alignment. The problem is that your fellow townies are not, so overall the pro-town decision is to give the information to somebody trusted. Goldfish is widely townread, so there isn't really an issue with her self-vote, but Dunn has been controversial.
Slightly related thought, scum could try to get a controversial player informed to sabotage the ability's effectiveness. I like even less now.
I townread Alianna.

Radical Rat
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2015
Location: Space Colony ARK
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #609  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 8:32 pm

In post 608, Alianna wrote:Slightly related thought, scum could try to get a controversial player informed to sabotage the ability's effectiveness. I like 576 even less now.


I mean, if it really comes down to it, we can just eliminate the informed player after they share the results. I don't anticipate NEEDING to do that, but it would clear up the results easily enough.

Radical Rat
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2015
Location: Space Colony ARK
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #610  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 9:39 pm

I would also note though that my goal is Not to get a controversial player informed, but to make a previously controversial slot not controversial.

GoldfishFromTheMoon
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2022
Location: The sea of tranquility
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #611  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 pm

In post 609, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 608, Alianna wrote:Slightly related thought, scum could try to get a controversial player informed to sabotage the ability's effectiveness. I like 576 even less now.


I mean, if it really comes down to it, we can just eliminate the informed player after they share the results. I don't anticipate NEEDING to do that, but it would clear up the results easily enough.

You forget the fact that if we eliminate incorrectly today tommorow will be melo... so we shouldn't do it just to clear the results because if they are town we'll loose.
Always assume I am phone-posting

If you hammer without posting intent as town I will pinpoint your exact location and you will feel the burn of my laser goldfish eyes staring at you all the way from the moon.

furtiveglance
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2022

Post Post #612  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 10:17 pm

In post 611, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 609, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 608, Alianna wrote:Slightly related thought, scum could try to get a controversial player informed to sabotage the ability's effectiveness. I like 576 even less now.


I mean, if it really comes down to it, we can just eliminate the informed player after they share the results. I don't anticipate NEEDING to do that, but it would clear up the results easily enough.

You forget the fact that if we eliminate incorrectly today tommorow will be melo... so we shouldn't do it just to clear the results because if they are town we'll loose.


Yeah this makes no sense from Radical Rat. We inform a townread player, someone we're not going to condemn soon.

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016

Post Post #613  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 pm

In post 605, Dunnstral wrote:Not sure why I gain sus in the post above


Because it doesn't say why in the spoilered parts and instead seems to be setting up for a townread on me

furtiveglance
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2022

Post Post #614  (ISO)  » Fri May 13, 2022 11:54 pm

In post 613, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 605, Dunnstral wrote:Not sure why I gain sus in the post above


Because it doesn't say why in the spoilered parts and instead seems to be setting up for a townread on me


That entire post needs following up, it was confusing.

But you are undeniably sus :lol:

Cat.Jpeg
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2022
Location: Catland
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #615  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 5:57 am

In post 604, Flea The Magician wrote:, Mafia also cannot lie without outing themselves unless they "clear" themselves.

What do you mean? mafia can lie about someone who isnt them being BP'd because mafia could just not kill the person they said and it would seem like they were BP'd. How would that out the mafia.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell

furtiveglance
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2022

Post Post #616  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 6:00 am

Cat vote Goldfish :pray:

Cat.Jpeg
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2022
Location: Catland
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #617  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 6:27 am

No. I will definitely vote Goldfish to avoid wasting the ability and if its clear that you won't consider someone else but right now I don't think its the best thing to do.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell

Cat.Jpeg
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2022
Location: Catland
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #618  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 6:33 am

In post 598, MegAzumarill wrote:
Votecount 2.0.1
Spoiler: Cake (Large image)
Image



The cake is a lie.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell

Radical Rat
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2015
Location: Space Colony ARK
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #619  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 6:50 am

In post 611, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 609, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 608, Alianna wrote:Slightly related thought, scum could try to get a controversial player informed to sabotage the ability's effectiveness. I like 576 even less now.


I mean, if it really comes down to it, we can just eliminate the informed player after they share the results. I don't anticipate NEEDING to do that, but it would clear up the results easily enough.

You forget the fact that if we eliminate incorrectly today tommorow will be melo... so we shouldn't do it just to clear the results because if they are town we'll loose.


Not necessarily the case, since there are a couple ways a kill could be avoided, but you're right assuming everything goes through, I hadn't actually checked that and was just looking at it in the abstract.

Radical Rat
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2015
Location: Space Colony ARK
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #620  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 6:51 am

In post 616, furtiveglance wrote:Cat vote Alianna :pray:

Radical Rat
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2015
Location: Space Colony ARK
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #621  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 6:55 am

In post 612, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 611, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 609, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 608, Alianna wrote:Slightly related thought, scum could try to get a controversial player informed to sabotage the ability's effectiveness. I like 576 even less now.


I mean, if it really comes down to it, we can just eliminate the informed player after they share the results. I don't anticipate NEEDING to do that, but it would clear up the results easily enough.

You forget the fact that if we eliminate incorrectly today tommorow will be melo... so we shouldn't do it just to clear the results because if they are town we'll loose.


Yeah this makes no sense from Radical Rat. We inform a townread player, someone we're not going to condemn soon.


Did you miss the part where I said I don't anticipate needing to do that?

Cat.Jpeg
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2022
Location: Catland
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #622  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 8:13 am

Why should we vote for someone who's town with an eh chance of dying when we could vote for town who's less likely to die (based off yesterday scum probably would not want to kill me because im not a consensus townread and other more townread people have the same scumreads that i do so it's not like they would target me specifically if I am right, because of this i will probably also not just get a result on myself which would be unfavourable)

This is the last time I will push for this unless people have questions. If not enough people are swayed I will succumb and vote for Goldfish.
VOTE: Cat.Jpeg
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell

furtiveglance
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2022

Post Post #623  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 8:36 am

I shall be dead before I see the ring inform in the hands of an elf. yone other than Goldfish.

Cat.Jpeg
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2022
Location: Catland
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #624  (ISO)  » Sat May 14, 2022 8:48 am

In the scenario that the mafia have BP'd someone they will try and get elimmed today (probably RR, Alianna, or Dunnstral), because the fact that the mafia might have given the BP to them even though they are being scumread has been acknowledged then if they are scum they can pretend that is what happened. Also it would be stupid to eliminate the person we informed and i dont want to rule out any of these 3 from elimination.

In the more likely scenario that mafia has chosen to BP a consensus townread because it will be the least useful to town once we find out, then they know that person wont get voted out and will survive to the last day. In that case mafia probably BP'd somebody who they believe they can convince to vote with them. Which is why if goldfish is BP i will be more sus of dunnstral and maybe RR (at the end of day one rr was the only person goldfish gave no read on or mentioned). And i think goldfish is likely to be BP because shes the most widely townread and also hasn't expressed as strong opinions or scumreads as other widely townread people.

But wait if goldfish is the BP that means shes also not the NK so voting her is fine? Im confusing myself. While i think goldfish is most likely to be BP its a 40% chance and the other 60% is split (not exactly evenly) between everyone else so i think shes most likely but still not likely. Whatever. Me being a better vote still makes sense (under the conditions you think im town). Vote Cat 2022.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park