he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 717, Datisi wrote:
In post 711, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 699, Aristeia wrote:I agree VPB would know not to do things that look bad - but in this case I believe if he doesn't attack Datisi right away it looks even more susp to Datisi.
This whole line of logic is pretty dumb, if I'm being real with you. I don't see how such a thought would lead to actual in game pressure on scum!me, so why should I even take it into account?
? do you think i wouldn't have been screaming about it if you entered the game ignoring or townreading me?
Not sure what you would have done, but I can assure you, I definitely wouldn't even have an out of game joke on my mind.

I am not a card-carrying member of the Overthink Mafia Group (OMG). I just play the game state as it is and try to have fun.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 725, VP Baltar wrote:Not sure what you would have done, but I can assure you, I definitely wouldn't even have an out of game joke on my mind.
*wouldn't ever
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 713, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 710, Andante wrote:
In post 707, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 704, Andante wrote:
In post 703, Gamma Emerald wrote:Andante I feel like is scum because her saying EIGHT
LMAOOOOOOO
In post 705, Andante wrote:you heard it here first folks... ocho = mafia
This is a town response 0% of the time.
hello, nice to meet you. I'm andante
I don’t care WHO you are! You blatantly misrepresent my arguments on you, you die!
this feels kind of townie

has anyone seen Gamma do this as mafia?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I don't recall it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 727, Aristeia wrote:this feels kind of townie

i can't find a specific example that really matches, but it does feel more like his maf game than his town game to me, in the way that i think it slightly misses on the tone it's trying to hit, and feels over-exaggerated

ig it does happen as town sometimes too so idk
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Andante »

Hot take: Implosion is mafia
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 729, fireisredsir wrote:

i can't find a specific example that really matches, but it does feel more like his maf game than his town game to me, in the way that i think it slightly misses on the tone it's trying to hit, and feels over-exaggerated

I dunno it feels like townier him because of the righteous indignation feels tonally sincere.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:33 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i guess i don't really get that feeling at all of it being sincere but maybe thats cause i already thought he was scum
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 729, fireisredsir wrote:ig it does happen as town sometimes too so idk
I've yeeted Gamma in a game over misreading him, so I'm pretty wary of these types of readings.
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What examples are you using for each
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm caught up.

Unvote

I think VP's andante case actually has a good amount of merit. I'm surprised how many people said it's bad or meh. Particularly (though this could simply be meta-wrong) it seems out of character for her to have been afraid of the wagon on me and she's been a bit touchy in some weird ways that I think are sensible to interpret as scum caring about how they're perceived.

I have very mixed feelings about her alignment, though. While parts of per play do feel that way, other parts of her play feel very unplanned, or sort of not-premeditated. It feels like there isn't really anywhere she's planning to go. I have a hard time deciphering how her play indicates her alignment without more meta depth.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm thinking more that VP is town. I feel like he's methodically interested in figuring out who scum are. Like, all of his posting as of late feels very cohesive with someone who has a bead on the game and is trying to sort things. I think the Andante case is pretty likely to come from town, and I agree w Datisi that I don't really see all that much reason for VP to push in that way at that time.

I think Gamma is town. I think the way his first pass over the thread was felt consistent with both my general understanding of his town meta and with the way he thread-interacted in PYP. I feel like his play so far feels pretty similar to PYP. The "eight" thing is weird to me on both his and Andante's end and tbh I have trouble parsing what it means for either of them.

Datisi, I think I need to check a specific game of meta but I can't remember which one it was. It's in response to this post:
In post 678, Datisi wrote:i was about to type out a vote on fire, and then i remembered my one (1) reason to townlean fire

give me your hottest take on the game, please
My reaction to this post from Datisi comes in two stages: stage one, "this post looks really town", and stage two, "shit, didn't Datisi convince me he was town in a scum game once by making exactly this kind of post". So I need to remember which game that was and maybe look at it.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 734, Gamma Emerald wrote:

What examples are you using for each
some of what i remember from your posting in slaughter hour, plus you said this as scum but i think it was honest
In post 2240, Gamma Emerald wrote:typically exaggerating my feelings is how I play as scum
and on the town side, was looking through a few town games and didn't always find it, but i think your posting on page 1 of your iso here in your argument with pooky viewtopic.php?p=13132764&user_select%5B ... #p13132764 hits kinda similar tonal points that i naturally gutread as fake (in that case, it would be wrong to do so)

i don't put a ton of stock into that specific aspect of the read anyway cause im sometimes wrong on tone feeling faked
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by implosion »

There's a big blob of people I still don't have a good bead on, though I think I could maybe get a better idea with some prolonged staring at them: Penguin, Ari, S_S, I guess Andante.

Mala and GeorgeBailey are unreadable so far and hutmeil I kind of see why people are calling them town or scum but I don't think their posting so far is really indicative.

That leaves Vulture who idk but in a different way from the above, and fireisredsir, whomst is scum.

VOTE: fireisredsir
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by implosion »

I guess now that I write all that up I do see what Andante was saying about a lot of people not really having given much to this game. I do feel like there's been a lot of useful content but I guess when I sort through it it doesn't really amount to all that much in a lot of ways.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 735, implosion wrote:I think VP's andante case actually has a good amount of merit.
I don't, I feel like it was "I MUST prove andante maf!!"
In post 735, implosion wrote:I'm surprised how many people said it's bad or meh.
It's bad. I'm town. VP is tunneling me to tunnel me. Not cause he genuinely thinks I'm maf
In post 735, implosion wrote:Particularly (though this could simply be meta-wrong) it seems out of character for her to have been afraid of the wagon on me
I mean I didn't want us to speed yeet anyone, and it felt like that was the way we were going... I've been limmed 24 hours into day 1 before...
In post 735, implosion wrote:she's been a bit touchy in some weird ways that I think are sensible to interpret as scum caring about how they're perceived.
Why can't I be town that knows I'm town? And thus, I want to be perceived as town. Like ignore the recent bs/shenanigans, if someone is seriously pushing that I'm maf, of course I'm going to do everything in my power - to a point - to ensure they read me correctly.
In post 735, implosion wrote:I have very mixed feelings about her alignment, though. While parts of per play do feel that way, other parts of her play feel very unplanned, or sort of not-premeditated. It feels like there isn't really anywhere she's planning to go. I have a hard time deciphering how her play indicates her alignment without more meta depth.
Fair, I mean, usually I'm described as unreadable. I had a game where the entire dead chat was convinced I was maf... plot twist, I was town. Nice to meet you, I'm andante! I try my best to explain my thoughts, and yes I'll share almost every little thought I have.
In post 736, implosion wrote:I'm thinking more that VP is town. I feel like he's methodically interested in figuring out who scum are.
All I've seen him do is yell that I have "bad faith" arguments... it doesn't really feel methodical
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 738, implosion wrote:fireisredsir, whomst is scum.
why's that
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 739, implosion wrote:I guess now that I write all that up I do see what Andante was saying about a lot of people not really having given much to this game. I do feel like there's been a lot of useful content but I guess when I sort through it it doesn't really amount to all that much in a lot of ways.
yeah... literally ALL the useful stuff is related to me, and like, I literally need it to be about ANYONE ELSE to actually be able to read... and like, a very good amount of this PL isn't actually doing too much
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 742, Andante wrote:
In post 739, implosion wrote:I guess now that I write all that up I do see what Andante was saying about a lot of people not really having given much to this game. I do feel like there's been a lot of useful content but I guess when I sort through it it doesn't really amount to all that much in a lot of ways.
yeah... literally ALL the useful stuff is related to me, and like, I literally need it to be about ANYONE ELSE to actually be able to read... and like, a very good amount of this PL isn't actually doing too much
*8 people to be exact :) as of this morning
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Andante »

GeorgeBailey, Gamma Emerald, Malakittens, hutmeil, Something_Smart, implosion. PenguinPower, Vulture
Are all the people I want more actual content from, like, I don't see yall taking stances, doing too much in the reads department, like sure recently a few got better.. but when 8/13 people aren't doing much of anything to even LOOK towny? like, what do the rest of us do?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 740, Andante wrote:I mean I didn't want us to speed yeet anyone, and it felt like that was the way we were going... I've been limmed 24 hours into day 1 before...
It's sort of an impression that you're the kind of player that wouldn't care about a speedlim (on someone else) all that much as town. That impression certainly could be wrong.
Why can't I be town that knows I'm town? And thus, I want to be perceived as town.
You could be. No scumtell is absolute, but I think the appearance of caring about how one is perceived is typically scum-indicative, because while town does often care about how they're perceived, sort of like how S_S was saying, they're not as strongly aware of it the whole time. Scum has to be constantly thinking about what they post and whether it fits in with notions of what'd be considered townish, whereas town is able to just post without thinking too hard about it because they know if the town is competent enough then hopefully they'll be read correctly.

I certainly think it's not scummy to defend against someone directly attacking you, it's more about preemptiveness.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 745, implosion wrote:It's sort of an impression that you're the kind of player that wouldn't care about a speedlim (on someone else) all that much as town. That impression certainly could be wrong.
that is definitely very wrong...
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 741, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 738, implosion wrote:fireisredsir, whomst is scum.
why's that
I'll get to examining it in more depth but at a glance it feels like you've been playing the game without really being involved/invested, plus your play just feels different from chromavalon (though ofc that game is imperfect for meta, but more likely to be valid for a VT than a muse. and also i reserve the right to completely flip on this if i actually get around to rereading that game).
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 745, implosion wrote:You could be. No scumtell is absolute, but I think the appearance of caring about how one is perceived is typically scum-indicative, because while town does often care about how they're perceived, sort of like how S_S was saying, they're not as strongly aware of it the whole time. Scum has to be constantly thinking about what they post and whether it fits in with notions of what'd be considered townish, whereas town is able to just post without thinking too hard about it because they know if the town is competent enough then hopefully they'll be read correctly.

I certainly think it's not scummy to defend against someone directly attacking you, it's more about preemptiveness.
As scum I tend to just do exactly what VP is doing. you find 1 person, and you tunnel. never rethink. just tunnel. thoughts outside? who cares. must. tunnel.

And like, I know how to read the situation, I know my level of TR with people is slipping, but hey, not like I can do a whole lot when I've been trying my best since this started... and we have 8 just kinda there.. maybe like 6 of them now, just there.. "who cares" like.. just gets frustrating after a point tbh
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by implosion »

I do agree that it would be healthy for this game for a greater number of people to take stances on a greater number of people.

Return to “Completed Open Games”