Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Fun Times »

In post 796, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 794, Fun Times wrote:
In post 793, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also did another cop claim happen today beyond Goldfish or did I dream that up?
yeah cop that has you as maf.
gg gottem!!

-Andante
:roll:
Do you actually suspect me or are you just making a tasteless joke?
nah I think you're town
-Andante
Hydra of Andante and Nancy Drew 39
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Fun Times »

In post 799, PenguinPower wrote:Probably not. Scum know the numbers.
yeah I mean, how would it help us to claim? cause if people say the night they're good on... scum can plan their kills around that... and claiming cop or doc.. scum knowing the numbers could just balance it out so it's more even.. I see no benefit in claiming

now the "cop" we do have... I don't don't trust it at all, like, until goldfish does something towny, they're chilling in the pool of people i sr

-Andante
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Well - that’s why I said “no night.” You don’t claim your night since that is randomized anyway.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

But we are specifically in a 4/6; 5/5; or 6/4 setup.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Nows probably not the time…maybe D4.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Guess it depends what happens.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Also we have two cops so do you trust one and not the other?
<(") | (")>
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by Fun Times »

In post 806, PenguinPower wrote:Also we have two cops so do you trust one and not the other?
I mean, both are alive..

how bad of an idea is it to yeet goldfish, then if goldfish is town, we have an IC, and if scum, well, yeah scum down
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by Fun Times »

In post 807, Fun Times wrote:
In post 806, PenguinPower wrote:Also we have two cops so do you trust one and not the other?
I mean, both are alive..

how bad of an idea is it to yeet goldfish, then if goldfish is town, we have an IC, and if scum, well, yeah scum down
-Andante
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I mean, both are alive..

Only one was claimed D1.

I’m no Jinglebingle so I can’t be certain as to the mechanics, but that doesn’t feel like a good trade rn.
<(") | (")>
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Fun Times »

I think we shouldn’t riush the day again so we get maximum info.

Spoiler:
Andante was extremely upset about the whole interaction with Frog and thinks also that Frog might have not realized the unsigned posts were mine. So unless he decies to continue to escalate the situation with continued usage of incendiary words, she would much prefer that the whole entire thing be dropped because she really doesn’t want to continue to play if she has to continue to deal with it.

~Nancy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by the worst »

VC 2.3
froggodoggo (3)- Not_Mafia, Fun Times, Gamma Emerald
fun times (1)- Enchant
NorwegianboyEE (1)- Bellaphant
Not_Mafia (1)- NorwegianboyEE
Enchant(1)- froggodoggo

Not voting (5)- PenguinPower, Somnus, BlueBloodedToffee, GoldfishFromTheMoon

With 11 alive it takes 6 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2022-08-22 16:00:00)

Mod notes: saw some ducks earlier
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 786, Somnus wrote:I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character.
What do you want from me?
:(
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:15 am

Post by Enchant »

Imo, in previous game where i replaced, mafia indeed claimed "Town" check on teammate. It got crushed later on, because there was strong poe of 3 people remaining.

So i think, liming other cop claim is not in our benefit, even if possibility him being maf exist.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 790, Fun Times wrote:
In post 788, Bellaphant wrote:@fun times, you forgot 'i copped one of the few obv!town'.

Like....I can understand copping a person you were unsure on/wouldn't be able to read but that would be enchant/not mad/even penguin power for me, just because of playstyle.
Oh? Link/quote? I don’t recall?

~Nancy btw
Sorry, this was sarcasm - I just really don't like the choice.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 792, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 780, Bellaphant wrote:@frog, finding the use of language a little bit emotional: there must be better words than abusive And gaslit. Can we tone it down a little? Like, I'm not even parsing the conversation and these touch paper words aren't helpful
“Touch paper”?
I probably understand the meaning of this less due to the existence of the phrase “touch grass”
Emotive I guess. The content doesn't seem like frog actually wants to upset the hydra, but the words are going to do that. Frogs response to everything seems really overblown but I'm not sure if scum would make this much noise?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:48 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 809, PenguinPower wrote:
I mean, both are alive..

Only one was claimed D1.

I’m no Jinglebingle so I can’t be certain as to the mechanics, but that doesn’t feel like a good trade rn.
I'm not massively opposed to this? If goldfish is scum, which isn't out of possibility, then somnus is either town, or also scum. If goldfish is town, then as fun times says, we still have an ic. It feels harsh to say what have we lost.
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 812, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 786, Somnus wrote:I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character.
Well you said you wanted us dead. then I made a series of responses to you. I can’t speak for Somnus but I would like to get some response to that.

~Nancy obviously
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:55 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 814, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 790, Fun Times wrote:
In post 788, Bellaphant wrote:@fun times, you forgot 'i copped one of the few obv!town'.

Like....I can understand copping a person you were unsure on/wouldn't be able to read but that would be enchant/not mad/even penguin power for me, just because of playstyle.
Oh? Link/quote? I don’t recall?

~Nancy btw
Sorry, this was sarcasm - I just really don't like the choice.
Yeah, Idk why goldfish would pick him specifically but if she is a cop, having Somnus as an IC this early would just put a target on him. I think he’s very likely town anyway regardless of what goldfish is.

~N
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 816, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 809, PenguinPower wrote:
I mean, both are alive..

Only one was claimed D1.

I'm not massively opposed to this? If goldfish is scum, which isn't out of possibility, then somnus is either town, or also scum. If goldfish is town, then as fun times says, we still have an ic. It feels harsh to say what have we lost.
Oh really? You really think it’s likely that hypothetical scum!goldfish fakes inno on her buddy here? Their interactions didn’t really look aligned to me.

~N
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 815, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 792, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 780, Bellaphant wrote:@frog, finding the use of language a little bit emotional: there must be better words than abusive And gaslit. Can we tone it down a little? Like, I'm not even parsing the conversation and these touch paper words aren't helpful
“Touch paper”?
I probably understand the meaning of this less due to the existence of the phrase “touch grass”
Emotive I guess. The content doesn't seem like frog actually wants to upset the hydra, but the words are going to do that. Frogs response to everything seems really overblown but I'm not sure if scum would make this much noise?
I hesitate to respond to this at all because Andante is so extremely upset and it’s also emotionally affecting me as well but they’re are a couple of things that really aren’t making a whole lot of sense to me.

How is Frog sr us and townlocking Gamma for townclearing us? Also why is he voting Enchant for voting us if he still thinks we’re scum here? Is any of that making sense to anyone?

~N
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 817, Fun Times wrote:
In post 812, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Well you said you wanted us dead. then I made a series of responses to you. I can’t speak for Somnus but I would like to get some response to that.

~Nancy obviously
Response to what exactly?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Do you mean the "you read me correctly previously games" thing? Ok so let me explain this and also why meta is bad at the same time.

A: I don't know your alignment so why would this be a good point for anyone except yourself if you are actually town here? For all we know you could be scum and i actually read you correctly. And even if i did read you wrongly, so what? Why couldn't i also be town that read you wrongly for once?
B: Sometimes people just play differently. There is a reason why i played a game once and people called me "scum for meta" and i was literally just town but had changed my playstyle drastically for that one game. Meta is garbage and you use that as the main point for your arguments i'm not going to bother. If you want an recent example, even Alianna was called "scum for meta" yesterday and they were town.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think mechanically, the argument to lim Goldfish is sound.
If they are mafia then that's a win.
If they are town that's unfortunate because we didn't hit scum, but they are town that already had an check. Meaning we won't lose any more town power. And if we have N2 doctor they can protect an confirmed town!Somnus that night. And even if we don't have an doctor for that night, mafia doesn't know that. So Somnus would likely not die anyway since any doctor worth their salt should be protecting our only conf!town in that instance.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Of course it would be better if Goldfish was actually an townread, then i could trust their results. But i don't really see them as a very believable townie with the low content they have currently.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”