Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Realeo »

UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 298, Luca Blight wrote:I'm in no way defending the lurkers - I am questioning the motivation behind your current stance, that a lynch of any lurker will do. It's such an easy path of no resistance to go down, and it doesn't sit right with me. There would be no issue if you had at least attempted to interact with the lurkers and draw reads out of them, but to just brand them all 'useless' and say any of them can be lynched is at best anti-town, and at worst a very scummy thing to do.
I like this.
And I sort of like you. :]
I endorse both product. Both of you get my virtual cookie.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:11 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 300, Realeo wrote:
UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 298, Luca Blight wrote:I'm in no way defending the lurkers - I am questioning the motivation behind your current stance, that a lynch of any lurker will do. It's such an easy path of no resistance to go down, and it doesn't sit right with me. There would be no issue if you had at least attempted to interact with the lurkers and draw reads out of them, but to just brand them all 'useless' and say any of them can be lynched is at best anti-town, and at worst a very scummy thing to do.
I like this.
And I sort of like you. :]
I endorse both product. Both of you get my virtual cookie.
And I'm starting to reluctantly like this too...! :facepalm:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Realeo »

Why you feel shame for townreading me?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Realeo »

Here is a cute cat to make you feel happy

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And anyone else surprise by IceGuy's ChipButty Townread?

I've only seen him say negative things about him so far, yet suddenly he's first name on his Townie list.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 295, Realeo wrote: Wait. What?

Why you never talk about this? Explain your scumread please. I personally forgot about assemble so can use some insight.
I just noticed I never talked about this. I had something typed up, but it apparently got lost while consolidating posts. His powerlurking puts him into the "leaning scum" category, what makes him more scummy than the rest is:
In post 17, Assemblerotws wrote: No, for three reasons:
1: I'm
Town
2: The Traitor already knows the identities of the
Mafia
members.
3: If I were
Mafia
, my first move would be to recruit the
Traitor
In post 155, Assemblerotws wrote: Comm and I were joking about a game we played together where I, as
scum
, tried to crumb to some of the other
scum
through judicious use of capitalization, got exposed by my buddy in what was, due to the mechanics of this particular game, the dumbest bus I have ever seen, tried to claim PGO on my buddy's advice in order to see if we could identify the real PGO from the reactions, and then got quicklynched by CommKnight (who happened to be the actual PGO).
In post 17, alignments/roles are capitalized, in post 155 they aren't. This could mean that there's more to post 17 than it meets the eye.
In post 298, Luca Blight wrote: If I have a clear scumread then I will pursue that lynch until it's not longer reasonably possible, and only then look at compromising. What you're doing is just lining up a few easy targets to wagon at will and, as I said, it seems opportunistic to me.
So you're doing the same as I, but you're less honest about it.
I'm in no way defending the lurkers - I am questioning the motivation behind your current stance, that a lynch of any lurker will do. It's such an easy path of no resistance to go down, and it doesn't sit right with me. There would be no issue if you had at least attempted to interact with the lurkers and draw reads out of them, but to just brand them all 'useless' and say any of them can be lynched is at best anti-town, and at worst a very scummy thing to do.
How should I interact with people who just don't post?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 302, Realeo wrote:Why you feel shame for townreading me?
Maybe I shouldn't...?
In post 303, Realeo wrote:Here is a cute cat to make you feel happy

Nope, I definitely should be ashamed!
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Realeo »

I'm more surprised with his Null/Lean Scum/Scum divisions.

I don't see anything manipulation indicative for putting his name on top.

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 304, Luca Blight wrote: I've only seen him say negative things about him so far, yet suddenly he's first name on his Townie list.
Nice misrep. The names aren't ordered, "first place on Townie list" is the same as "third place on Townie list".

Also, you do not seem to get the distinction between "X does things I disagree with" and "X is scum". Should I explain it again, perhaps more slowly?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Luca Blight »

You're doing nothing the same as I, IceGuy, and don't even try to pretend you are.

You could actually try to interact with them before writing them all off - have you tried?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 305, IceGuy wrote:In post 17, alignments/roles are capitalized, in post 155 they aren't. This could mean that there's more to post 17 than it meets the eye.
Alright I'm gonna play devil's advocate here on this one. Personally I always capitalize Town/Mafia/Specific role names, but I always lowercase the word "scum." It's a stylistic thing and non-indicative of anything, and I wouldn't assume deeper meaning from someone who does the same.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Realeo »

Apparently IceGuy's last game was two years ago.

@IceGuy
Do you play in other mafia sites interim?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 308, IceGuy wrote:
In post 304, Luca Blight wrote: I've only seen him say negative things about him so far, yet suddenly he's first name on his Townie list.
Nice misrep. The names aren't ordered, "first place on Townie list" is the same as "third place on Townie list".

Also, you do not seem to get the distinction between "X does things I disagree with" and "X is scum". Should I explain it again, perhaps more slowly?
Misrep? you're really stretching the term there. I'm aware the first name had the same value as the third, I was just stating it as a literal fact.

I get the distinction, but it still surprises me how someone who has done nothing (that you have noted) positive and only negative things in your eyes is a TownRead of yours.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Realeo »

@LucaBlight
Would you stop attacking him for a moment, please? I'm trying to figure out where his play style is coming from.

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 309, Luca Blight wrote:You're doing nothing the same as I, IceGuy, and don't even try to pretend you are.
You said yourself you're willing to compromise when the deadline looms. I'm also willing to compromise, but I post about it. So, I'm doing the same, I'm just posting about it.
You could actually try to interact with them before writing them all off - have you tried?
So, I could write "Assemble: Say something". What next? Do you think a lurker will not stop lurking when faced with a lynch, but stop lurking when faced with a question?
In post 311, Realeo wrote:Apparently IceGuy's last game was two years ago.

@IceGuy
No.

In post 312, Luca Blight wrote:

Misrep? you're really stretching the term there. I'm aware the first name had the same value as the third, I was just stating it as a literal fact.
If you were stating it just as a literal fact, why didn't you leave it off? The fact is readily apparent in my post, so there's no need to repeat it - unless you're trying to draw attention to it, which you deny.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Realeo »

Can I invite non-lifer to meta dive him, please? I notice that his game play in the past is awkward at best (but not exactly awkward for his time) and perhaps non-compatible for a '17 play and I concluded that maybe we need a different way to sort him.

Plus, a striking majority of his game play is Micro and the dynamic that he put here kinda makes here if he come from a Micro game.

UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:33 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I heard Mafia '15 had those buggy Micros...literally every OMGUS resulted in a lynch. :(
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 314, IceGuy wrote:
In post 309, Luca Blight wrote:You're doing nothing the same as I, IceGuy, and don't even try to pretend you are.
You said yourself you're willing to compromise when the deadline looms. I'm also willing to compromise, but I post about it. So, I'm doing the same, I'm just posting about it.
So, I could write "Assemble: Say something". What next? Do you think a lurker will not stop lurking when faced with a lynch, but stop lurking when faced with a question?
In post 311, Realeo wrote:Apparently IceGuy's last game was two years ago.

@IceGuy
No.

In post 312, Luca Blight wrote:

If you were stating it just as a literal fact, why didn't you leave it off? The fact is readily apparent in my post, so there's no need to repeat it - unless you're trying to draw attention to it, which you deny.

1) There's a difference in motivation behind someone who accepts compromise as a last resort and someone who is lining up the wagons of several different town members with 5 days until deadline.

2) There have been 'lurkers' who have popped in and out of the thread that you could have challenged if you genuinely wanted to get a read off of them. I think the key word here is 'try' - if you did this and had no success then I'd be a bit more sympathetic to your view on the lurkers.

3) Seriously, I'm not going to justify saying ChipButty was first on your Townie list when he was first on your Townie list. If you want to get sensitive over that then that's your prerogative but it feels a bit like you're deflecting away from the other issues.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And while you're at it, IceGuy, would you care to explain that Townread of ChipButty?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Realeo »

@Luca Blight
Can I invite you to meta dive Luca Blight? Some of his play is simply fascinating.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Realeo »

I don't want to sound rude and say IceGuy is old and his play is archaic...but he is old and his play is archaic.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Realeo »

Like, he is the type of guy who just analyze, analyze, rarely ask (There is a game where he virtually ask zero "alignment sorting" questions. He's like an introvert who suddenly come to a conclusion...so naturally he (pretty much) get lynched all the time as both alignment.

So I think attacking him for his "sorting method" would not be useful, but asking why he townread Chip Butty is a good question to ask.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Realeo »

I don't know if this is too much to ask for IceGuy, but since IceGuy is not the type of guy who is thinking out loud,
I would like to request Iceguy to make CommKnight's style of read list + kinda detailed explanation.
Your assembrelowts explanation is at the right ball park.

If IceGuy is town and unable to play proactively, we kinda have to proactively force him to be active.

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:58 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 317, Luca Blight wrote: 1) There's a difference in motivation behind someone who accepts compromise as a last resort and someone who is lining up the wagons of several different town members with 5 days until deadline.
If you have a #1 scumread and a #2 scumread who is close in scummyness, and there is a wagon on #2 but not on #1, what would you do?
2) There have been 'lurkers' who have popped in and out of the thread that you could have challenged if you genuinely wanted to get a read off of them. I think the key word here is 'try' - if you did this and had no success then I'd be a bit more sympathetic to your view on the lurkers.
As I said: What's the point.
3) Seriously, I'm not going to justify saying ChipButty was first on your Townie list when he was first on your Townie list. If you want to get sensitive over that then that's your prerogative but it feels a bit like you're deflecting away from the other issues.
Don't squirrel away. Why did you specifically mention it in your post?
In post 318, Luca Blight wrote:And while you're at it, IceGuy, would you care to explain that Townread of ChipButty?
Honest, constructive posts mostly. Not particularly long, but straight to the point and devoid of fluff.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Realeo »

Define "constructive"

Return to “Completed Open Games”