Open 229 - Vengeful Mafia (Game Over)

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2009
Location: The Void.

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Open 229 - Vengeful Mafia

Them and their damn guns. They always had itchy trigger fingers and vengeful natures. But soon enough this town would be ours. We are too small of an team to make our own kills. That's why I got my little goon running about planting confusion, sowing dissent among them. Soon. It'll get bloody of course. Bloody was always good, it was more fun that way. But the whole plan would fall apart if they got to me. That's why I do what all the Fathers do, watch. Watch the blood, the guns, the lynching. Soon.


Spoiler: Players Alive
Fenchurch, Vengeful Townie
Octupis, Vengeful Townie


Spoiler: Players Dead
Robocopter87, Vengeful Townie, Lynched and On The Run Day 1.
smashbro_of_the_SSS, Mafia Goon, Victim of Vengeance Night 1.
EGL, Mafia Godfather, Lynched Day 2.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Welcome to the Network.

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2009
Location: The Void.

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Game Rules:

General Gameplay:
  1. The Moderator has the final say in any dispute. Refusal to accept these decisions may be considered a modkillable offense depending on the severity. Although the Moderator may be the official voice, the Moderator is not infallible. If there is a mistake or you have a question, do not hesitate to inform the Moderator through private message or through the use of bold text within the thread.
  2. Dark-Red and Indigo are the Moderator's colors. Do NOT use them. Doing so is considered impersonating the Moderator and is a punishable offense.
  3. Any and all communication with the Moderator must remain strictly confidential. It is acceptable to paraphrase, for actions such as role claims. If in doubt whether your paraphrase is acceptable, ask the Moderator and assume it is unacceptable until confirmed otherwise.
  4. The use of timestamps in any way is considered quoting Moderator communication and therefore is prohibited. The order in which Role PM's have been sent has been randomized to directly combat this.
  5. Any personal communication outside of the game thread, unless clearly specified in your role PM, is strictly prohibited.
  6. Do not post the links to any QuickTopics that may or may not be available within the game. Doing so is considered a modkillable offense.
  7. Claiming to be scum, or someone's scumbuddy, is against any and all win conditions and therefore is prohibited. Either action is considered a modkillable offense.
  8. The use of invisible, small, or encrypted text is prohibited. Use your judgment, if it is unreadable by the Moderator, it is unacceptable.
  9. Using loopholes in the rules is considered against the spirit of the game and is a punishable offense. This does not refer to special game mechanics, merely the general gameplay rules. Example is faking a vote to trap players.
  10. Anything it is illegal to do is also illegal to fake.
  11. Modkills will be done in a fashion deemed most detrimental to your faction. Your faction will then be converted to Neutral Survivor, and as such are autolossed.

Voting, Deadlines, Death, and Activity:
  1. As a general guideline, players should aim to post at least once every day (the more the better).
  2. If you anticipate an extended leave from the game, inform the Moderator either in thread or through a private message.
  3. Players who go for more than 48 hours will be prodded. If you are prodded and do not respond within 24 hours, you will be replaced.
  4. Players receiving more than 4 prods throughout the game's entirety will be force-replaced. Replacements reset the prod counter.
  5. There will be a 2 week deadline established at the beginning of each gameday.
  6. Votes must be bolded or they will not be counted. (ex. Vote: PlayerName).
  7. Unvotes must also be bolded or will not be counted (ex. Unvote or Unvote: PlayerName). Unvotes are appreciated but not required.
  8. Shortening of usernames or the use of nicknames is acceptable in votes, but will only be counted if the Moderator can clearly distinguish which player you are voting for.
  9. It requires a majority of the currently available votes for a Lynch to occur. Majority is equal to half of the available votes plus one rounded down.
  10. If players so choose, they may vote for No Lynch, and No Lynch will be reached if at least 50% of the currently available votes are placed on No Lynch.
  11. Once the majority required for a Lynch is reached, votes are locked in place and cannot be rescinded. The same policy applies to No Lynches as well. Discussion during twilight, the period of time before the mod scene is posted, is acceptable.
  12. If at deadline there is no majority, No Lynch will occur. If there is a tie at deadline, No Lynch will occur.
  13. As soon as the Moderator posts your death scene, you are considered removed from the game. You may not post in the thread following this, not even a "bah." post. It is acceptable for the Lynchee to post during twilight before their lynch scene is posted.
  14. Play to win, but remember this is a game. It is understandable to be aggressive, yet personal attacks will not be tolerated. Be considerate of the other players within the game, and hopefully enjoy it yourself!

Special Mechanics:
  1. The Vengeful Setup is Nightless. Mafia has no other method of killing besides voting.
  2. If a Vengeful Townie is Lynched Day One, They must choose to shoot another player. The player must post Kill: PlayerName in the thread within the 48 hours that follow their lynchscene being posted to activate this ability. No one else may post after the lynch scene has been posted until the kill is posted.
  3. The town wins instantaneously upon the Godfather's lynch.
Welcome to the Network.

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2009
Location: The Void.

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Available Roles:

The Vengeful Setup consists of:
3 x Vengeful Townies
1 x Mafia Goon
1 x Mafia Godfather



Town Faction:
Mod wrote:Welcome, Player. You are a Vengeful Townie. You must rely on your wits and vote to succeed. You have one special ability: if you are lynched on the first day, you may shoot another player and kill them by posting Kill: PlayerName in the thread within 48 hours.

Win Condition: You win with the town when either both of the mafia players are dead or the godfather has been lynched. Good luck!

Game Topic is here: Open 229 - Vengeful Mafia.

Please confirm in thread.



Mafia Faction:
Mod wrote:Welcome, Player. You are the Mafia Godfather, along with your Goon, PlayerName. Once you confirm your role, you may speak in this quicktopic as long as you are both alive; however, you may not communicate about the game elsewhere (via PMs or on another board, for instance). If you are lynched then the town will win the game; if you are shot, however, your partner will continue on.

This game is nightless, and you have no way of killing other than voting.

Win Condition: You win with mafia when at least half the remaining players are mafia and nothing can prevent the same (such as the vengeful kill). Good luck!

Game Topic is here: Open 229 - Vengeful Mafia.

Please confirm in thread.


Mod wrote:Welcome, Player. You are the Mafia Goon, working with your Godfather, PlayerName. Once you confirm your role, you may speak in this quicktopic as long as you are both alive; however, you may not communicate about the game elsewhere (via PMs or on another board, for instance). If the godfather is lynched then the town will win the game; if he is shot, however, then you will continue on.

This game is nightless, and you have no way of killing other than voting.

Win Condition:You win with mafia when at least half the remaining players are mafia and nothing can prevent the same (such as the vengeful kill).

Game Topic is here: Open 229 - Vengeful Mafia.

Please confirm in thread.
Welcome to the Network.

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2009
Location: The Void.

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Role PMs are sent out. Day One will begin immediately when all five players have confirmed, whether the mod is present or not.
Welcome to the Network.

Octupis
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 04, 2009

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:25 am

/Confirm

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:14 am

/confirm

Mindgamer
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 16, 2009
Location: The Netherlands (UTC+2)

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:13 am

/confirm

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am

/confirm
Fourth is the most townie like.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 31, 2009

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 am

/confirm

Robocopter87 wrote:/confirm
Fourth is the most townie like.


Already saying you're townie?

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 am

Well what else would I claim?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 am

Robocopter87 wrote:Well what else would I claim?

Nothing, because there's no need for you to claim unless you're paranoid about people realising you're not a townie.

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Maybe I am paranoid. Or maybe I was just joking around.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Sounds like somebody has a case of the 'maybe's.

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:44 pm

Mafia is a game of Maybes. You should know that.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:51 pm

It's not when it comes to your own alignment.

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:54 pm

So your saying the Mafia knows whos who which is true for our situation. But the town doesn't and is playing off of Maybes. You said I have a case of Maybes so you think I'm town?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Oh no, I'm saying you're mafia.

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2009
Location: The Void.

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:45 pm

:: VoteCount 1x0 ::

Mindgamer (0) -
Fenchurch (0) -
Octupis (0) -
smashbro_of_the_SSS (0) -
Robocopter87 (0) -

Not Voting (5) -
Mindgamer, Fenchurch, Octupis, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Robocopter87

With 5 Alive, it takes 3 to lynch.


Deadline - July 14, 2010 11:00PM EST.
Welcome to the Network.

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 pm

VOTE: Robocopter87

Who's with me?

Mindgamer
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 16, 2009
Location: The Netherlands (UTC+2)

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 pm

What's with these evasive replies, Robocopter87? Mafia is not a game about 'maybes', it's a game about logic and reasoning. We can't base scumhunting on 'maybes'. I'd like you to give a clear answer: Why did you claim?

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I didn't.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Fenchurch
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2008
Location: Notts, UK
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:58 am

Octupis? smashbro? Your thoughts?

smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 31, 2009

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:54 am

Fenchurch wrote:Octupis? smashbro? Your thoughts?


Sorry, haven't been around. anyway, obviously I thought it was odd, since I already said that, and I'm not really liking how he's responded. Not voting him yet because I don't want to put him at L-1 without hearing him from Octupis.

Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Yes

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:48 pm

You know, I never really claimed.

I just said fourth is the most townie like. I never said that I was townie, but rather that I was the most townie like. So in reality I never did claim. Though i don't see why on earth its such a big deal. If you asked everyone here to massclaim then we would have Five Vengeful Townie claims. Unless we got lucky and the scum didn't read the setup and claimed Vanilla Townie or something stupid like that which would be awesome and hilarious.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Octupis
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 04, 2009

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:25 am

Yes, I had an interview/induction day yesterday and then a party on the evening. Sorry about that.

Robocopter, if you didn't really claim why did you write this:

Robocopter87 wrote:Well what else would I claim?


Which implies that you had claimed. Perhaps you are just joking around but something about it doesn't sit right with me. However, I think it would be very silly to go straight ahead and lynch Robocopter (anyone in fact) at this early stage of the game.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games