Open 661: Pick Your Poison [Game Over]

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1975  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Vote Count 5.1culted: Cheesy (L-1)
Cheesy: culted (L-1)

Not voting: tojam2

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Night will fall in (expired on 2017-01-24 14:10:00).
“Of course it's my fault. There's no one else here who could be responsible for anything.”

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1976  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:51 am

tojam I'd much rather you ask me some questions to be honest!


Because first of all I adore being asked questions.... and second of all cheesy is right... quoting myself and giving reasons not to lynch me is just going to be conflated with bias that wont really help you at all. Not to mention talking about yourself is boring and I wouldn't even know where to start that would make it interesting even in the slightest -- I've always just been in and out with being involved and more or less apathetic this game. Which isn't anyone's fault but my own I've got a really bad habit of getting reads I feel confident in and then just saying 'fuck it' when the game tunes me out and wants to go another way. But it's usually either that or keep fighting a losing battle get discouraged and second guess myself... When cheesy made his push on arona I thought 'yes someone finallly gets it' which is always a good feeling.... that either becomes all the more special or completely drops your confidence depending on what color the flip is.

See the above is mostly what you're gonna get if you really want me to get going talking about myself... which is why I try my damnest to avoid it because all it is is word vomit self-pity blah half the time at least depending on how the game's been going. If you'd like to have a conversation about cheesy I wouldn't mind that however. : )

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1977  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 am

You sneaky bastard :D I like you.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1978  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:16 am

Hmm... Ya know I'm feeling merciful today. Instead of just going to town on cheesy's iso let's make this more fun... I mean interesting.


Cheesy, I challenge you to a rap battle.......to the death.

Accept: [y/n]

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1979  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 am

We can do that after the game. Right now I'd rather you went down on my iso.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1980  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:50 am

Really?
I've already looked at your iso. More than once probably.

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1981  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:57 am

There's a post where you claim scum

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1982  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 am

Weak
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1983  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 am

Categorizing actions as towny/scummy without analysing the mindset and intentions behind them- that's scum way of low effort playing. Besides I've already explained myself.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1984  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 am

You were supposed to "go to town" on my iso so do that instead
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1985  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:16 am

In post 1982, Cheesy wrote:Weak

It isn't weak. It shows desperation at a time when the game was on lock-down.
I'm absolutely terrible for not lynching you yesterday.
It was probably pride.

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1986  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:22 am

And now that I can look at your arona case without confirmation bias there- seemed to revolve mostly around "knowing" gamma was scum and then you tack on some pretty bad nk spec at the end where culted-scum would have killed arona to frame you......How does that make any sense when half the game is confirmed.

Gamma really didn't do all that much town this game either and if arona doesn't realize that he shitposts in basically all games then it isn't crazy to be pretty confident in a scumflip.

If anyone was confident it was you cheese.

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1987  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 am

Yes, I was confident and arona herself admitted my case on her was more legit than yours.
Contrary to you, I have taken risks this game and haven't tried to lay low. There's a reason I haven't found slips when I iso'd you yesterday- you have been very careful not to leave them. I couldn't care less about my appearance and I think I made it clear. I'm not losing to lurkscum, forget it.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1988  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:53 am

Oh so now I'm the lurker. Thought activity was nai ; )

I don't believe in reading much into 'risk taking' in game that was basically solved after day 1. It's playstyle and begs the question why you're coming alive at that point and not before. (You were about to lose)

tojam2
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2015
Location: Manchester, UK #twentybrexiteen
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1989  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 am

In post 156, Cheesy wrote:I don't see ThinkingBig as mafia for the moment.

In post 216, Cheesy wrote:So TB's town and Gamma's scum. Nice!


Why so forceful on lynches early game?
Why did your read on ThinkBig change, seemingly as the penny dropped.

tojam2
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2015
Location: Manchester, UK #twentybrexiteen
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1990  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:02 am

In post 1987, Cheesy wrote:Yes, I was confident and arona herself admitted my case on her was more legit than yours.
Contrary to you, I have taken risks this game and haven't tried to lay low. There's a reason I haven't found slips when I iso'd you yesterday- you have been very careful not to leave them. I couldn't care less about my appearance and I think I made it clear. I'm not losing to lurkscum, forget it.


Feels genuine.

tojam2
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2015
Location: Manchester, UK #twentybrexiteen
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1991  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am

Both of you got post-fright?

tojam2
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2015
Location: Manchester, UK #twentybrexiteen
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1992  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am

In post 135, culted wrote:Now that I've properly read.

VOTE: Thinkbig


Why would scum!culted bus at L-5?

tojam2
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2015
Location: Manchester, UK #twentybrexiteen
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1993  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am

Directed at cheesy as well.

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1994  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 pm

In post 1988, culted wrote:Oh so now I'm the lurker. Thought activity was nai ; )


Ofc it's nai, that's why I didn't hold it against you yesterday. I just can't stand the idea of losing to scum who didn't really do much apart from getting by. If you pulled off some cunning plan and tricked everybody with a flashy play, hell I'd congratulate you as the first person but I'm not losing like this. Not like this.

In post 1989, tojam2 wrote:
In post 156, Cheesy wrote:I don't see ThinkingBig as mafia for the moment.

In post 216, Cheesy wrote:So TB's town and Gamma's scum. Nice!


Why so forceful on lynches early game?
Why did your read on ThinkBig change, seemingly as the penny dropped.


Not sure what you mean by that, in both quotes provided I was stating I townread TB. I'll tell you when my read on him changed but first lemme give my reasons for quoted statements:
1. TB is always pretty awkward and gathers votes often as either alignment, so he's the kind of player I need to see more of before I form a solid lead.
2. I liked his reaction to me/Vedith ganging up on Real more than Gamma's because he took a strong stance and Gamma didn't. Gamma was like: 'I don't think what you did was bad but I also don't think you made a good point about Real being scum so I'm just gonna hover around aimlessly'. I hate that, hence my comment about him coasting.
Which brings me to another point which is me 'forcing lynches early'.
In fact, I'm never forcing lynches (did you feel forced to vote arona by me? I don't think so cause you'd have voted me if I seemed to unnaturally push for a mislynch). What I like to do is force reactions. I love the feeling when I get an idea and think 'I wonder what's gonna happen if I do X'. I have to admit it backfires pretty often but hey, it's all part of the learning process. So, getting strong, early reactions is what I strive for cause I can't stand boring rvs-rqs blabbering.
In post 1992, tojam2 wrote:
In post 135, culted wrote:Now that I've properly read.

VOTE: Thinkbig


Why would scum!culted bus at L-5?


It was hardly a bus, he didn't even provide a specific reason. I always try to distance from my partners from the getgo as scum. He got lucky TB got scumread so hard (as I said, he tends to do be a victim of that).

Next question please.
Also notice how culted admitted I was right when I said it's pointless to throw accussations at each other, then he strongly suggested he could get me insta-lynched by doing just that and then retracted and tried to pull me into stupid games in order to hide the fact he's got nothing on me. That's a real scum tactic right there.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1995  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Oh right, forgot to mention the point at which I started scumreading TB:

In post 734, Cheesy wrote:So TB hasn't scumread Vedith this game and he bases his thinking Vedith may be scum on assumption Real vs Vedith could be SvT. And now he says I'm scum cause I interacted with Vedith? Like what the fuck is this?


Which covered a similar discrepancy in logic that Grey used to start the wagon on TB:

In post 933, -Grey- wrote:
In post 729, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 728, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 725, aronagrundy wrote:Right, they said the argument could be either TvT or TvS, but their most recent post seems to discount the possibility of TvT.


Just based on the ISO of the two, I lean more towards svt than tvt. In the event real flips town (which I would be surprised) then the next most probable scenario is Vedith/cheesy. The interaction between cheesy and Vedith seemed like scum buddies trying to distance.


Since you'd be surprised if I flip town, and suspect my slot's interaction with Vedith is SvT, that tells me that you townread Vedith.

This doesn't jibe with your assertion that Vedith and Cheesy look like distancing scum. If you honestly felt that way, you'd be voting one of them and calling me town.

VOTE: ThinkBig



I wanted to vote him right there but I thought it may be him being awkward again so I wanted to wait for his response first but my phone got broken down and I went v/la before he responded and when I returned he was already lynched.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

tojam2
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2015
Location: Manchester, UK #twentybrexiteen
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1996  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:47 am

VOTE: culted

gg

I was 2S Vig, just to confirm

Cheesy
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 21, 2016

Post Post #1997  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:52 am

And that's how you win LyLo, ladies and gentlemen.
Good call tojam, although I feel like you could've given yourself more time to make that decision.
GG scumted! You played well and have lotta potential.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1998  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:55 am

Way to go tojam.

culted
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1999  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:57 am

Little salty you hammered that soon. Was gonna def give a bit more than I gave.
But that's life.

Cheesy, you've got potential as well mate. Cya post-game.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park