Open 665 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over! Town Victory!!!

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1949, -Grey- wrote:Thanks for modding, tojam.

Mistakes happen, that's the joy of living, the opportunity to learn from them.

I wish you the best in your future games!
Yep. As much as I did get screwed and was and still am kinda salty over it I chose to not immediately go to the list mods because you are new.

I think you have learned some things here. I have modded f2f a lot and one forum game. I understand people are new. Just please learn from it. :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

Mod
...I think you are confusing shite with facts. If any of my criticisms (which are honestly meant to be constructive) are not spot on...feel free to elaborate.

As for your timeliness...it has nothing to do with your timezone. If you can't check in every day or two and get an "accurate" votecount at least every other day...then you obviously do not have the time commitment modding involves. On top of the lack of a dead thread and the D2 L-1 lynch.

Why would I go to a listmod when I can give you my thoughts? I just wanted to give you feedback for you to take on board for future games you might mod. Just be more attentive and active...without effecting the game (i.e. interjecting comments like to MB and the L-1 lynch).

Also
Mod
...if you fucked up only once we wouldn't be having this discussion :)

But if it makes you feel any better...here are my 3 games modded, no fuckups iirc.:

Seriously though tojam...good luck if you mod again. :)
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Tojam, I think there were aspects that can be improved upon to make the games go smoother, but that you did an alright job!

Tip 1: Always make sure there is a hammer before flipping. I go over my VCs 2-3 times when a hammer is suspected just to be sure.

Tip 2: Listen to the people. If they request votes be logged in order, just do it. If they ask for a "Not Voting" section in VCs, add it. These are little things that can make the game more enjoyable and easy to play, and can help you keep track of votes a lot easier. I always do VCs with 2 tabs open so I can update the VC in one while I go through the thread in the other, logging the votes in order. I even do this on mobile, so that's not a valid reason not to do it. I've also found that quoting the posts by number using the tags helps immensely, as I always know which vote is most recent and can be sure of its accuracy.

Tip 3: Just check in daily, even if only to do a quick speed read or update a VC or whatever and make sure there's nothing that needs your attention. I know I jumped in a couple times and maybe screwed up the end for Mathblade, but that's because timing couldn't be guaranteed and I didn't want to see the game suffer. This brings me to...

Tip 4: Always fact check! I wasn't clear about the quick night requests when I should have been, but had you checked the threads and PMs you had and simply figured that without seeing the requests yourself you would not honour them it could have been fixed before it happened. I'm not shifting blame, as it was mostly my fault there. Just trying to give a perspective on it. This rule goes to answering questions in thread, making sure a dayvig was from your actual dayvig not a random reaction test, double checking VCs (especially in the case of a hammer), etc.

Tip 5: Organization. Just like, making your posts look nice is huge in making the game fun and easy to follow. I've found many ways of doing this and the site has a lot of built in tools for it. Just compare our VCs and you'll probably see what I'm talking about.

I hope all of this helps and finds you well man! Sure there were bumps on this road, but hopefully we can make a strong modding community together!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:27 am

Post by tojam2 »

In post 1951, havingfitz wrote:
Mod
...I think you are confusing shite with facts. If any of my criticisms (which are honestly meant to be constructive) are not spot on...feel free to elaborate.

As for your timeliness...it has nothing to do with your timezone. If you can't check in every day or two and get an "accurate" votecount at least every other day...then you obviously do not have the time commitment modding involves. On top of the lack of a dead thread and the D2 L-1 lynch.

Why would I go to a listmod when I can give you my thoughts? I just wanted to give you feedback for you to take on board for future games you might mod. Just be more attentive and active...without effecting the game (i.e. interjecting comments like to MB and the L-1 lynch).

Also
Mod
...if you fucked up only once we wouldn't be having this discussion :)

But if it makes you feel any better...here are my 3 games modded, no fuckups iirc.:

Seriously though tojam...good luck if you mod again. :)
Thanks.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Grendel »

@Tojam

Still can't see the scum PT :(
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Empking »

Yeah, we messed pour kills something awful. Still, 7p Lysol to town-win (and the best part is that it wasn't even town feeling on the back foot) isn't something you see everyday, good game.

Mod: You might want to change the topic title.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1936, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1929, Grendel wrote:@Giga

Funnily enough I have always wanted to spectate a game or two of yours, but never got around to it.

I think it was your name in all honesty, "Gigabyte Troubadour" looks like the name of a interesting player. :P
In post 1930, -Grey- wrote:She's awesome.
In post 1931, Aristophanes wrote:I absolutely agree!
:oops:

aaaaahh!! ty guys <3

grendel i feel the same way about you actually :P

seriously getting nk'd here is a rly good sign about your skill imo

although now that i mention it i'm surprised math didnt game your kill to frame me because of your gutscumread of my slot
Oh, thank you the compliment! tbh I'm really just an average player tho.

On mafiascum I think the only times I've been night killed in were due to me looking town, and wasn't due to my reads. With the exception of being a claimed power role.

idk how I would have reacted to you this game as a player. -Grey- had gained my trust, but as an outside viewer your entrance looked OB!town.
I guess we'll never know!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I don't know if anyone objected to PTs being opened, so I will leave that to Tojam. However, I can change the Topic Title :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1956, Grendel wrote:-Grey- had gained my trust
I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you. :]
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

I was a little wary of you when you made this post
In post 257, -Grey- wrote:
He knows that I'm a very easy person to run up because I play in a very idgaf manner, and I think he tried to exploit that.
Mainly b/c "idgaf" players can make mafia unfun for me. But you turned out to be a pretty cool dude.

Anyway, you're welcome! :)
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:09 am

Post by tojam2 »

Mafia/Mason threads released, on mobile so no links rn.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 am

Post by tojam2 »

In post 1957, Aristophanes wrote:
I don't know if anyone objected to PTs being opened, so I will leave that to Tojam. However, I can change the Topic Title :)
I only came on to check that :-P
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

- Jingle
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:56 am

Post by -Grey- »

Thank you for keeping the Dead PT sealed.

Things got nasty in there.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:42 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

something
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony