Open 667: Day 3

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Börk Börk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2016
Location: Börkden
Pronoun: She

Post Post #275  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:45 pm

I see those two day deadlines approaching for multiple people though. Prod dodging here we come.

JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 01, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #276  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Vote Count 1.11

[2] Keyenpeydee: Börk Börk, Celtic,
[2] Indigo: Vijarada, Creature,
[1] Vijarada: Gamma Emerald,

Not voting: SnarkySnowman, keyenpeydee, Pepchoninga, Indigo,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:(expired on 2017-01-20 16:41:09)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Börk Börk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2016
Location: Börkden
Pronoun: She

Post Post #277  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 pm

In post 274, Creature wrote:Bah, I'll reveal what was my strategy:

We lynch the most unreadable players D1 and D2, so at LyLo we have players that we can read and go like "I'm pretty confident that guy is town, no paranoia" or "well, he's playing like he does as scum, so must be scum"

If we get a bit closer to the deadline and still don't have a proper wagon going then I'd be totally on board with this plan. Assuming enough other people are on board as well.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:50 pm

In your opinion, how would you rank each player from most readable (aka most likely you can determine whether town or scum) to most unreadable (harder to determine whether town or scum)?
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #279  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:49 pm

In post 274, Creature wrote:Bah, I'll reveal what was my strategy:

We lynch the most unreadable players D1 and D2, so at LyLo we have players that we can read and go like "I'm pretty confident that guy is town, no paranoia" or "well, he's playing like he does as scum, so must be scum"

I'm not sure about this. Seems like you are just saying you are too lazy to actually scumhunt and you are just saying "let's just misslynch a bunch of people"

On what earth would a town prefer to get into a LyLo then hunt scum now?

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #280  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:50 pm

In post 277, Börk Börk wrote:
In post 274, Creature wrote:Bah, I'll reveal what was my strategy:

We lynch the most unreadable players D1 and D2, so at LyLo we have players that we can read and go like "I'm pretty confident that guy is town, no paranoia" or "well, he's playing like he does as scum, so must be scum"

If we get a bit closer to the deadline and still don't have a proper wagon going then I'd be totally on board with this plan. Assuming enough other people are on board as well.

You agreeing with him isn't giving me good vibes.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #281  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm

If we lynch someone more readable that turns out to be scum, we'll still have to find scum between other less readable players.

But if we lynch someone hard to read, then we could have a LyLo with players that are more easy to read (aka more easier LyLo).
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #282  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Vij and Bork both read town to me. I think keyen is an easy mislynch here, so I want to stray from that. I'd like to push Indigo but idk what the count is on him and I'm not up to hammering that yet.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #283  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:48 pm

In post 281, Creature wrote:If we lynch someone more readable that turns out to be scum, we'll still have to find scum between other less readable players.

But if we lynch someone hard to read, then we could have a LyLo with players that are more easy to read (aka more easier LyLo).

Whatever you say I don't like the way you think. Also didn't you say that we should start lynching scum from now? Or is my mind flipping on me.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #284  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm

I most likely mean't "it's fine if we lynch scum now".

Maybe while we go for less readable players we might find one scum.
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #285  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:53 pm

In post 284, Creature wrote:I most likely mean't "it's fine if we lynch scum now".

Maybe while we go for less readable players we might find one scum.

I don't belive that scum would be one of those unreadable players. Scum try to fit in with town. We should look for people who try too hard to be town. And for me one of those poeple are you.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #286  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm

I doubt scum are trying to be unreadable, my strategy says to lynch the most unreadable. Maybe we could lynch scum in it, maybe not (at least we wouldn't have to sort them if we ever get to 5p LyLo).
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #287  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Well idk. I've expressed why I think your strategy is somewhat anti-town. I would like to get imput from others as well, tho for now my gut as well as my mind is totally against it. We should be actively collecting data from players and extracting into solid and valid cases and then discuss the best possible lynch for the day.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #288  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:08 pm

So far no player looks really unreadable.
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #289  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

I think your dilemma is scumhunt than townhunt. Though, mine is townhunt then PoE, "unreadable" players make it harder as I can't be confident enough to strong townread them.
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #290  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

In post 288, Creature wrote:So far no player looks really unreadable.

Then your tactic is even more useless.

What do you think of me?

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #291  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Town
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #292  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm

In post 289, Creature wrote:I think your dilemma is scumhunt than townhunt. Though, mine is townhunt then PoE, "unreadable" players make it harder as I can't be confident enough to strong townread them.

All that's good an all, but in the process of you "eliminating" "unreadable" player, you might get town in an unwinable situation.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #293  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm

I'm sorta townreading everybody but Gamma, Indigo and maybe keyen. Even Snarky is now looking more town.
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #294  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:13 pm

It's like if your reads are like:
Player A - Yourself
Player B - Very readable player and pretty town
Player C - Also readable and town
Player D - Looking town though already shined as scum
Player E - Looking town but then you remember he fooled you as scum lot of times
Player F - Player you're null on
Player G - Player you're null on but you know you'll eventually sort him
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Vijarada
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #295  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:14 pm

In post 269, keyenpeydee wrote:I do not see any reason why Indigo is scum.


Tonally, her posts looked faked. Additionally, all her content is either repetition of other things, with no opinions added, or otherwise scummy (threatening to put me on her "scum list" for reading her as scum). She seems to be avoiding giving an opinion on things.

Vijarada
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #296  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 pm

In post 294, Creature wrote:It's like if your reads are like:
Player A - Yourself
Player B - Very readable player and pretty town
Player C - Also readable and town
Player D - Looking town though already shined as scum
Player E - Looking town but then you remember he fooled you as scum lot of times
Player F - Player you're null on
Player G - Player you're null on but you know you'll eventually sort him


Lynch the least townie players? This plan is certainly worthy of the several posts you have devoted to it /s

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #297  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 pm

but then you look at Player E and wonders "shit is he fooling me again and Player G is actually just a town that can't post right now?"
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #298  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:19 pm

In post 297, Creature wrote:but then you look at Player E and wonders "shit is he fooling me again and Player G is actually just a town that can't post right now?"

That where the holes in your theory start to crack.

In the end we do end up lynching our least townie player on Day 1.

Vijarada
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #299  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 pm

i hereby declare that this plan shall never be spoken of ever again. countersigned: everybody

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park