Open 682: Watchmen Wanted -- Game Over Some People Won!!

momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by momo »

severa/rc/hawk

calling it now
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I wish you would have come to me Math instead of a straight up force replacement. I could have easily cleared that whole issue up.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Sorry Aubrey. Hope I did your slot justice in your eyes =]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2201, Aubrey wrote:I wish you would have come to me Math instead of a straight up force replacement. I could have easily cleared that whole issue up.
Yeah coming to you is picking sides though. There was a suggestion made that LOOKED like outside game communication.

Furthermore one player potentially involved had ignored two warnings about not voting for players how I asked.

It was a rock and a hard place and if I asked either of you it got subjective. So I picked neither side and force replaced.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Doing nothing would be worse and just letting it sit for bad. So while my gut said nothing wrong leaving players with that perception would be bad as a mod. :/ So I had to. Sorry.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The main issue I see is I should have picked an older setup with majority lynching.

The plurality lynching I think threw people off. Myself included for a moment and when I asked a list mod (nameless) I got an answer that seemed to be time goes on but didn't plot it to end game at first.

The randomly lynching Town at 0 votes at that point I stand by as Town literally was playing anti wincon at that point and trying to skirt no lynch.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

No no lynch*

I did think that far ahead.

So that and not opening up Mafia PT immediately were my mistakes.

Sorry if that caused anyone trouble.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Creature »

I sorta forgot there was plurality lynch. Otherwise I wouldn't have voted havingfitz.
Sigh
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

how did plurality lynch change that vote lol
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I appreciate everyone playing and I hope you had fun!!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I still have no idea where the oog communication inference came from. You're a god mod math, you just need a couple more games.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by momo »

severa/creature/hawk
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

Math I'm sorry I had to replace out of your game and give you trouble looking for replacements, momo joined and I really didn't want to have to sit through a game of LUV being unusually nasty.
GTKAS
| here.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Creature »

LUV/RC/Hawk
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Creature »

Some players shouldn't have replaced out.
Sigh
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Can we get dead pt?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Hawk »

You can release Mafia PT I'm good.

AUBREY WE DID IT ♡♡♡♡♡

Also I think the setup was fine. Just add one more town backup and I think it works out alright. Idk it might be too Town sided at that point but one more town makes us have to go through one more day.

I feel bad that Nancy left. And all the Grey stuff was just unfortunate :(.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 2203, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2201, Aubrey wrote:I wish you would have come to me Math instead of a straight up force replacement. I could have easily cleared that whole issue up.
Yeah coming to you is picking sides though. There was a suggestion made that LOOKED like outside game communication.

Furthermore one player potentially involved had ignored two warnings about not voting for players how I asked.

It was a rock and a hard place and if I asked either of you it got subjective. So I picked neither side and force replaced.
Asking for clarification and understanding is not picking sides. The issue was NM said that I said it was fine to call me Drake. You freaked out and force replaced us because you couldn't find where I said, "I didn't care he call me that." Thus it
seemed
we had outside communication from the game. I was able to point exactly to where I said in game that I didn't care, and was able to point to other side conversations we had in game regarding the issue shortly after being force replaced. So this idea of possible out of game conversation alludes me. Nobody thought that. Please point to me where players thought that, cause I never saw it like that.

Him calling me something other than my name, even after you told him to not do so, doesn't exactly involve me. Why should I care if he calls me something other than my name and negates his own vote against me? That issue alone should have been dealt without me being punished alongside him.

I liked Fire's advice to you. Maybe having a second/co mod in future games may benefit you. I've modded games myself outside this site, and know how challenging it can be. You want the best game possible. I do not want to bitch you out, but next time consider taking a step back from the game, and should certain issues arise, at least speak with the players in questions first.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Thank you for the feedback.

I generally err on the side of caution and talking to players creates a subjectivity I did not want.

The vote wasn't the post in question Aubrey.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 2216, Hawk wrote: AUBREY WE DID IT ♡♡♡♡♡
I think you all did it. I not so match. The only credit I can take is not leaving Servena too shitty a slot after being force replaced. You all did excellent. It was fun to watch you all go at it after my surprise of a exit from the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2215, Not_Mafia wrote:Can we get dead pt?
I will release that in a few hours with the names of the scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 2218, MathBlade wrote:Thank you for the feedback.

I generally err on the side of caution and talking to players creates a subjectivity I did not want.

The vote wasn't the post in question Aubrey.
I disagree with your err of caution regarding our issue. All you had to ask was for conversations I had with NM in order to prove we discussed X in game. I never said anything about a vote either.
MysteriousFire
MysteriousFire
Goon
MysteriousFire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by MysteriousFire »

Moo.
MysteriousFire
MysteriousFire
Goon
MysteriousFire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by MysteriousFire »

I think the town had a 1% chance of winning that game. It was extremely unlikely they'd get 3 in a row given the lynches.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1522, TwoFace wrote:Aubrey has not changed his avatar to drake and I don't recall seeing him say it was ok.

if you want to be forced replaced, that's on you
It was mainly this post here.

If Not Mafia was truth telling people could be using avatars for OoG communication.

If I asked then I interfere and I would have had to ask NM. So it was a bit dicey since I never saw the avatar change (I was actually keeping up with those everytime I could since I have heard horror stories of cheating with avatars) I just did that. Extreme yes but I think functionally needed because avatar histories aren't publivally accessible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”