Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Ok my ISO magic so far:

alban: null. He confuses me because I've seen him play both town and scum and he seems different than either instance. I can see him being town that doesn't give a shit, but his last post is bizarre. Why not vote?

commknight: town. I can see him putting effort into scumhunting and I can follow his logic. His ISO is cohesive and that's good enough for me d1
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

cooperative sheep: null-town. Basically I think his case on me is bs, but he still strikes me as stubborn town like he did before.

creature: null. Like alban he strikes me as just not giving a shit after reread. I have them both null but at this point I feel like alban is slightly leaning scum and creature is slightly leaning town.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Creature »

Oh no, Sesq, one of my few townreads this game, is being lynched.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Creature »

Oh no, after Sesq is succesfully mislynched, players will start blaming me for not saving him.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Creature »

Oh no, I have no idea who we could lynch for today and I gotta sleep.
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

-.- @creature
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Sesq »

im at l-3 for dumb reasons

VOTE: Creature
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

creature is town
if you're town you'll come around
now my friend
if you're town let us mend
vote someone not in my town pool
ignoring me is cruel
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 3:19 pm

In post 425, aronagrundy wrote:Ok my ISO magic so far:

alban: null. He confuses me because I've seen him play both town and scum and he seems different than either instance. I can see him being town that doesn't give a shit, but his last post is bizarre. Why not vote?

commknight: town. I can see him putting effort into scumhunting and I can follow his logic. His ISO is cohesive and that's good enough for me d1
In post 426, aronagrundy wrote:cooperative sheep: null-town. Basically I think his case on me is bs, but he still strikes me as stubborn town like he did before.

creature: null. Like alban he strikes me as just not giving a shit after reread. I have them both null but at this point I feel like alban is slightly leaning scum and creature is slightly leaning town.
these are really bad
when you flip scum I'll be glad
VOTE: arona
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Prepare to be disappointed, then
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Also you should've rhymed something with arona
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 5:29 pm

I've never been to Barcelona

I also don't rhyme votes
that's lame, like, totes
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Text wall incoming
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Sorry for the delay, had to leave unexpectedly for most of the day. Here were my thoughts as I went along:

Page 1: Curious about alban’s - otherwise, nothing to see here besides RVS.

Page 2: Sesq being concerned about L-2 is NAI. I don't think it’s a problem (scum would have to be insane to purposely quickhammer), but that's just a recurring paranoia that certain players have as town.
I’m not sure how I feel about Lunae’s claim strategy. I like the idea behind it, but it also makes scum a lot more informed and maximizes the chances of them hitting an unprotected player. Either way, I’d give slight town points to Lunae because it looks like she's trying to improve town's odds of winning without any influence from other players. YankeeReaper naked voting her for this is a bit odd.

Page 3: - Want to see Sesq's reasons for this (doesn't look like an RVS vote).
- Why would you ignore Lunae's question and openly avoid interacting with people?
- Like the attempt to move past RVS.
- I don't see the purpose of this question.

Page 4: needs justification. There are multiple players who haven't done anything yet, so why single out two of them? Creature is guilty of the same thing in .
Rest of the page is fluff.

Page 5: - The comment about aron's VT soft is making a case out of an obvious joke, not sure if it's AI or if the humor just flew over his head.
struck me as really off tonally when I first read it, but the stream-of-consciousness posting/complete lack of caution over emotions and word choice is really more towny than anything. And yes, gutreads in themselves are not scummy, but understand that you aren't going to convince people to agree with you this way. Try going back to the posts that are giving you these vibes and understanding why you feel this way- even gutreads have to come from somewhere.

Page 6: Coop Sheep's push on aron is really bothering me now. The RVS joke should be painfully obvious in retrospect when you look at it with an open mindset, and Coop's stubbornness on it seems like deliberately looking for something to push rather than honestly evaluating it. He even responds to "why do you think I wasn't joking" with "because you aren't honestly representing your role PM," which has nothing to do with the question and is automatically assuming the claim to be serious as an argument for it being serious. This is my main scum pick right now.
Not liking Sesq either. 5 days into the game is late to still be holding off explanations for multiple naked votes and deliberately not doing anything meaningful or pro-Town. Reaction testing is fine, but there's a point where you need to do things based on what you have and not keep coasting. I like Hellfire Missile relentlessly telling her to cut the crap, although the emotion in his posts seems forced/exaggerated to an extent.

Page 7: Sesq declaring HM as absolute scum but still refusing to explain anything after she said she would in 30 minutes is a red flag. Her pressure for others to sheep her instead of thinking independently is scummy. Comm randomly accusing Paul of "buddying" over simple curiosity is scummy. Coop's ridiculous push on aron continues to be scummy. The only good thing on this page is Paul standing his ground and refusing to bandwagon without understanding it first.

Page 8: - Lol, Sesq telling Paul to vote for better understanding but doing nothing to actually help him understand. Your words and actions are not lining up at all here.
- Why do you think he's hedging? I feel like he's been transparent enough so far, his exact reads are just more implied than outright stated.
- No. Just no.
I want to see HM interacting with slots besides Sesq.

Page 9: - Please explain.
is goodposting. Confidently digging his heels in against pressure, showing realistic indignation at Lunae's case without looking like scum caught for the wrong reasons. Alban is a townread.
Decent entrance by NJAC. His interactions are proactive and have a clear trajectory, so I'd put him at nulltown for now.
On the other hand, although it seems like I misunderstood , I'm pinged by multiple things about Creature's return. First of all, assuming right off the bat that a lurker is scum without knowing the circumstances. More importantly, is a fake as hell reason to scumread anyone. I can see not interpreting "I dislike X" as "I scumread X," but this phrase:
"Look at me, I'll townread someone to make town think I'm PoEing"
is calling Paul out for one of the most common and painfully NAI things a person can do in mafia, announcing a townread on someone. There's no context here to suggest that Paul did it in a scum-motivated way, or
anything
implying Creature has a sliver of a valid reason to call out this post out of plenty just like it.

Page 10: Yeah, HM isn't much better than Sesq at this point. Constant exaggerated screaming and sarcasm toward her without any real attempt to gamesolve or interact with people outside of that. They can both be roped if they don't step it up.

Page 11: - Could you walk me through this?
- Holy shit, this is way off. There's absolutely nothing in Coop's last post suggesting that he "fears" gutreads, only that he thinks it's pointless to act like it's something more than it is. To blatantly turn that into some kind of paranoid fear that it isn't (and by the way, gut reads can be VERY inaccurate and actually help scum) is scumposting. Almost as alarming is how Coop said that there's no reason to withhold good cases and CommKnight heavily criticized him for it, then went on to demand very good cases.
- Why?
Sesq keeps expecting people to read her mind. Zzzzzz

Page 12: - I don't really agree. Why are you succeeding Coop for this and not Sesq?
- Explanations for these?

Page 13: It's ironic that I really can't see a Sesq/HM partnership given how blatantly scummy they're both being. The mindless boxing match between them has just gotten worse if anything.
I'm really not getting Comm's defense of her and want to know what's behind the sudden scumread on NJAC.

Page 14: - Remind me to come back to this.
- Another lazy case pulled out of thin air. This is getting tiring.

Page 15: Feeling a bit more confident about my NJAC, Creature, and CommKnight reads. NJAC seems to be making an effort to pry thoughts from people and end the cycle of vagueness in the game, as is Coop Sheep to an extent. I'm unimpressed with Creature's "you're scum if you don't notice me obvtowning" and Comm not being able to answer a simple question from Coop.

Page 16: Warming up a bit to Coop Sheep and Gamma Emerald. Coop's defenses are townish, showing a level of transparency and honest self-reflection, and I like Gamma's early effort to consolidate and the way he called out Sesq's vote switch (which I agree with).

Page 17: - Bullshit, you already weren't giving real answers. What you're showing here is a lack of desire to actually pin down scum instead of coasting on fabricated arguments.
I'm interested in MuttonChop's entrance and want to see it explained some more. Why are Comm and Creature town? What don't you like about the HM wagon?

Page 18: @Aron, I can understand all of your cases so far except for CK. You said you can follow his logic easily- are you not bothered by at least his case on Coop Sheep? That was the strangest and least logical post in the thread if you ask me.
- Then convince people that Sesq is town.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

{NJAC, Lunae}
{Gamma Emerald, alban, NotTheRealPaul}
{Cooperative Sheep, aronagrundy, MuttonChopMagic} <---Null/undecided
{}
{Creature, Hellfire Missile}
{Sesq, CommKnight}

Some of these are kind of rough estimates, so I'll work more on sorting people tomorrow when I'm not exhausted

VOTE: Sesq
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

This is the best lynch right now, not just because she's in my bottom row, but because she's acting as deadweight even if she is town. Other slots will at least give us something to work with.

We have 4 days left and the town is still kind of a mess. This is where people need to lay their cards on the table.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

And with that I'm out for the night
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Honestly I got like half way through his wall before skipping down to his reads. LOL. If town mislynches Sesq, I'm going to laugh my ass off before nailing the scum on her wagon tomorrow for being that dense to push probably the easiest mislynch in the game (and the most obvious for any town that gives a shit).
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Im drowning in CK's ego rn help
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 443, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Im drowning in CK's ego rn help
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 am

Post by Cooperative Sheep »

In post 425, aronagrundy wrote:commknight: town. I can see him putting effort into scumhunting and I can follow his logic. His ISO is cohesive and that's good enough for me d1
How do you follow his logic as based on his attack on me for fearing gut reads?
Because there is no logic there without inventing actions for me.
No?
In post 424, MuttonChopMagic wrote:okay done skimming here are my town reads
stop derailing the thread trying to meta me please?

gamma, creature, comm, njac, Alban

no overly strong scum reads yet
you think any of those 5 are scum tho? bet
I think Comm is scum.
Why do you town read him?
Your other reads I'm fine with, but that one looks straight up bad.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Creature »

aronagrundy is town.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Creature »

I guess my townread on Comm can be discarded as it's just a huge fallacy.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Creature »

In post 439, Agent Sparkles wrote:{NJAC, Lunae}
{}
{Sesq, CommKnight}

Some of these are kind of rough estimates, so I'll work more on sorting people tomorrow when I'm not exhausted

Why do you have popular wagons as your scumreads? It's like saying town has been very correct so far.
Sigh
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 5:09 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 448, Creature wrote:
In post 439, Agent Sparkles wrote:{NJAC, Lunae}
{}
{Sesq, CommKnight}

Why do you have popular wagons as your scumreads? It's like saying town has been very correct so far.
Reading my content should make it obvious why they're my scumreads. What's your point here?
In post 442, CommKnight wrote:Honestly I got like half way through his wall before skipping down to his reads. LOL. If town mislynches Sesq, I'm going to laugh my ass off before nailing the scum on her wagon tomorrow for being that dense to push probably the easiest mislynch in the game (and the most obvious for any town that gives a shit).
This is the part where you actually tell us why Sesq is town. I'm waiting.

Return to “Completed Open Games”