Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:50 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 206, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:for better understanding consult titus.
Oh God. Another player thinking Titus is a decent player. Spare me of this balooney.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 201, Rory wrote:
In post 192, Realeo wrote:Before anyone asks, I have townreads but not publicizing it now.
why not?
I'm having issue deciding whether I actually townread them based on merits or activity. It's not a black or white in this game unfortunately.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:56 am

Post by Realeo »

Kantip, I see your concern @ Kasumeat, but is it town contradiction or mafia contradiction?

oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:13 am

Post by oldwino »

Just did a quick skim. The weather has been beautiful and I'm outside instead of playing inside.
Same today, another day to be outside so only have this one post for now.

Hate the long wall and almost policy voted for it, but nah, he's town, despite that awful wall. He was making a good point.

I agree that Lane is scummy but hadn'tt changed my vote because I was (and still am) his RVS vote.
I hate to appear OMGUS, but in Lane's case will make an exception.

UNVOTE: PP because his replacement, whenever one volunteers, deserves to start with a clean slate.

VOTE: Lane because none of your posts make any sense, when you post at all.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 91, lane0168 wrote:I don't see the logic in questioning the person who you think has scum on his wagon... That doesn't flow
In post 103, lane0168 wrote:
In post 101, Kantrip wrote:Okay cool. To answer your question Rory, nothing is wrong with Draynth besides a surface level cut and dry approach to scumhunting. Not interested in voting him though. He voted me in RVS for my RVS vote when I said I was just trying to plop myself on the comfiest wagon for it looking like I was coasting. I wanted to see how he would react to me saying I was interested in voting him without providing any context and his behaviour now lines up with what I expected in that he's not considering deeper intent. Leaning town.

PMysterious is a similar case and my opinion hinges a bit on his experience. It's weird to me that he seems to think scum is jumping on Realeos wagon while also thinking Realeos reaction was scummy and I'm not sure he is entirely comprehending the reaction test angle. Reads to me like genuine misunderstanding over a scummy contradiction, though.

Realeo
- any reason for the Ari vote besides a gut feel? And could you answer his/Raya's questions please?

Raya
- I voted PMysterious because I told Realeo I'd vote for someone if he told me who and I'm a man of my word. :P

As for why I gave the options I did, it was because both slots were similar in that they were making surface level scumreads and I wanted to pressure one of them to read them while also getting a read on Realeo based on who he chose and why.
I. Understand the misunderstanding from pm. But how do you explain the lack of questioning the wagon? And by that I mean any pressure on the people of the wagon?
In post 213, Kantrip wrote:lane I'm gonna have to stop you there for a second. You initially shared this sentiment:
In post 91, lane0168 wrote:I don't see the logic in questioning the person who you think has scum on his wagon... That doesn't flow
You're clearly saying here that you don't understand why PM would question Realeo when he thinks there is scum on the wagon.

You later rescinded your stance to thinking it's fine for PM to question Realeo but you don't understand why he didn't
also
question people on the wagon.

Answer me this: Do you think PM is scum? Your vote is still on your RVS target, do you not have anywhere else you see fit to put it?
Holy smokes. You talked about it too and literally my next post I talk about not understanding the lack of questioning the wagon. Way to cherry pick.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:44 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 212, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 211, lane0168 wrote:I post when there's something I need to post about.
That's a very, very scummy way to play mafia.
I like the convenience from you here. How is it scummy though? Hypothetically if course since you said I'm only posting to up my vote count
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:46 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 217, Kantrip wrote:Judge - Are you serious about scumreading Realeo for voting you then voting back to Ari again? Could you provide a full reads list actually, and try to keep emotion out of it? I'll do the same in exchange.

Town:
PMysterious, Realeo, Rory, oldwino
Mixed leaning town:
WhyMafia
Mixed leaning scum:
Judge, Kasu
Scum:
lane, Ari

Everyone else: null
If you want a reads list from me it'd be pretty close to opposite of this
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:56 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Something_Smart replaces PenguinPower.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:11 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 228, oldwino wrote:Just did a quick skim. The weather has been beautiful and I'm outside instead of playing inside.

Hate the long wall and almost policy voted for it, but nah, he's town, despite that awful wall. He was making a good point.

I agree that Lane is scummy but hadn'tt changed my vote because I was (and still am) his RVS vote.

UNVOTE: PP because his replacement, whenever one volunteers, deserves to start with a clean slate.

But not for being scummy? Cause cause you can't comprehend my posts?
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 230, lane0168 wrote:
I like the convenience from you here. How is it scummy though? Hypothetically if course since you said I'm only posting to up my vote count
And a question like this confirms it, but here goes: It's in the interest of town to exchange thoughts and information freely and frequently. It's in the interest of scum to post as little as one can get away with without getting lynched for inactivity.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

In post 217, Kantrip wrote:Judge - Are you serious about scumreading Realeo for voting you then voting back to Ari again? Could you provide a full reads list actually, and try to keep emotion out of it? I'll do the same in exchange.

Town:
Mixed leaning town:
WhyMafia
Mixed leaning scum:
Judge, Kasu
Scum:
lane, Ari

town (in order of towniness): davesaz-kasumeat-lane0168
scum (you being the strongest sr): rory-realeo-kantrip
everyone else is still undecided
and I dont have emotions involved
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:40 am

In post 219, Kantrip wrote: I think Judge's countless posts about the state of the game and a random vote on one of several inactive players serves to
look
like he cares about progressing the game, but the way he has reacted to people who question him or his intentions shows that it's the appearance he cares about and not the result. I also believe that's what WhyMafia was feeling when calling the lurker vote scummy and, considering he only did that after someone else tried to call Judge town for it, I don't get the impression that he was trying to push Judge for it at all.
and he says to leave emotion out the door
this is just one paragraph but u can read the whole post
-i think judge doing this is meant to look like that: his own impression about someone elses motive with no proof at all and no prior knowledge of said someone else
-the way he reacts shows something else: again he has no knowledge of the person he is talking about and is subjecting his own personal view
-i believe wm feelings to be: once more he states his own feeling about someone elses...feeling!!!
-i dont get the impression: im getting bored of pointing out how he has everything built on feelings, emotions and projection

in short kantrip never makes one argument supported with actual evidence. its all how he feels or how he interprets posts from other people and how he guesses what they feel and what they think without them even saying so

i think the lion must have felt guilty for killing the deer and that it why i perceive his stance as not wanting to face the camera

there. i gave you a perfect explanation of why the camera is showing the lions rear rather than its face. it cant be that the lion doesnt like the camera or is even unaware of it existing. no, what i feel is right. lion is deliberately evadinf the camera and its because it feels guilty. bullocks
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 am

In post 227, Realeo wrote:Kantip, I see your concern @ Kasumeat, but is it town contradiction or mafia contradiction?
u dont get to ask him that kind of question
only kantrip can ask others those types of questions
u just need to accept his view on it because its how he feels it to be
and his feelings are a mod confirmed scum hunting tool
I AM THE LAW!
Rory
Rory
Goon
Rory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Rory »

In post 216, Kantrip wrote:Rory - I initially liked Kasu's entrance into the game. I liked that his read on me showed a thought process that involved re-reading and reconsidering first opinions which I find to be more common in town (when the thought process looks genuine, at least). While the setup is multiball so scum has incentive to scumhunt too, it still gave me a good impression to see him coming into the low-activity state of the game with an opinion of the most prevalent wagon, a scumread of his own, and a stance that showed he was actually looking to re-evaluate his reads.

However, his recent behaviour towards lane where he said the low contribution wasn't something worth voting him over and then later telling lane his preferred style of play is really scummy prompted me to reread Kasu's posts and some things stood out to me that look inconsistent. Something rubs me the wrong way about the way he tells people their behaviour is scummy in response to them as opposed to making a statement that he thinks X person is scum for Y reasons. Like with lane, for example, I don't know if he thinks lane is scum or if he's just informing lane that what he's saying could be perceived as scummy. I don't know if it's intentional but it's the kind of thing that could give a back-door in the future which I don't like. Similarly, he used a lot of qualifiers and useless questions when calling things scummy in his first post.

Example 1 (paraphrased): "I like the Ari wagon because his posts seem empty. Does anyone have experience with him? Is this typical behaviour?"
I don't think anyone answered this question but I also don't get the impression Kasu was interested in the answer. It again feels like a way to be less committal with a read.

Example 2 (paraphrased): "WhyMafia calling Judge scum for voting a lurker is scummy. Does anyone see a town reason to do this?"
Again, I doubt Kasu is interested in an answer to this question. I also disagree with the premise of his WhyMafia read as stated but I'm going to wait and see how he replies to my questions to him.

I'm interested in what contributes to your scumread on him, Rory. Also, what makes you scumread Raya?
I think Kasu's entrance raised a lot of question marks for me. He supports Ari's wagon without jumping on it. He instead votes WhyMafia, who had 0 votes at the time. Then he expressed a townread on me for ?? reasons??

I had the feeling from Raya that he was trying to look busy by asking questions but didn't follow up on any of it.
In memory of Rorschach, Radja's character pick in Arkham Survivor.
Rory
Rory
Goon
Rory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Rory »

In post 231, lane0168 wrote:

Town:
Mixed leaning town:
WhyMafia
Mixed leaning scum:
Judge, Kasu
Scum:
lane, Ari

If you want a reads list from me it'd be pretty close to opposite of this
I'd love to see it
Rory
Rory
Goon
Rory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Rory »

V/LA until Sunday

Not sure if I'll have access. I should be back before deadline, I hope.
Leaving my vote on Ari. Big chance on this slot flipping scum.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:46 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 234, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 230, lane0168 wrote:
And a question like this confirms it, but here goes: It's in the interest of town to exchange thoughts and information freely and frequently. It's in the interest of scum to post as little as one can get away with without getting lynched for inactivity.
I would counter with it being in the interest of scum to try to appear engaged and look as Townie as possible by frequently posting and trying to make up as much scum hunting as possible. It's in the interest of town to share what they actually believe, when they believe it and not post for the sake of posing.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 233, lane0168 wrote:
In post 228, oldwino wrote:Just did a quick skim. The weather has been beautiful and I'm outside instead of playing inside.

But not for being scummy? Cause cause you can't comprehend my posts?
I think you're being intentionally vague and confusing. THAT is scummy. But I'll look closer and more analytically at your posts before the deadline and if you seem TOWNIE, I'll change my vote. And if not, I'll push hard for a wagon on you.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:41 am

Post by lane0168 »

Fair enough. I'm not trying to be vague. I feel like I've said everything exactly how I meant
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:38 pm

fwiw im kinda digging this lane guy. he is so confident and as defiant as a true furyan
I AM THE LAW!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Varying townreads on Ari, Realeo, PM, lane, and Kantrip.

Varying scumreads on Rory and Judge. (And I think I remember gut scumreading wino but I don't recall why.)

Draynth/Kasumeat has literally been all over my radar.

In any event the Ari wagon is an extremely poor one. The reasons he are being wagoned are completely NAI for someone as familiar with his meta as I am, and he had a few posts that really stuck out as towny (, , ).

(I might still be wrong on him since I have never played AGAINST him when he was scum, but I'm confident that I'll be able to read him soon enough if we leave him alone and let him interact naturally. And Ari DON'T LURK IF YOU'RE TOWN PLS :wink: )
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:24 pm

VOTE: Rory
Normally I'd just unvote but this late in the day I think I ought to be using my vote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Ari, Realeo
PM, lane
davesaz
oldwino, Kantrip, Judge
Raya, WhyMafia
Kasumeat
Rory

After reread, keeping in mind that my reads upon replacing in are usually toilet tier (I usually do better going forward).
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

Basically all of these reads lists are making me go WTF
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:37 pm

I understand that.

Also Raya just signed up for another game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”