UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 977, mutantdevle wrote:I say that because I agree with a lot of points everyone is making.
But everyone is accusing each other
. Hence I can see scum in everyone’s play and therefore I’m not really trusting of anyone right now.

I also feel like people’s views on me are dropping. Perhaps because I’ve been fading away into the background and becoming less and less relevant.

I will give some reads tomorrow wen I can properly define my opinions on people.
this is implying you don't like how people are scum hunting and making reads.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Let's get more votes on UCV.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1076, Luca Blight wrote:Let's get more votes on UCV.
why?
there is barely a case on me? Im still trying to get my feet in the game. I have barely made reads and i need to reread to understand everything. Fishythefish made something of a case on me, you just said im scummy as either alignment. thats barely a case. moving on
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You are scummy as either alignment, but when you're Town your posts aren't forced like they are here.

If you are Town then I'm confident I will see it eventually, but at the moment I don't see anything that makes me think you're Town.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by kelbris »

@Transcend did you see my question to you in my big post? I asked about your comments on Viomi's "tone" earlier in the game.

Aside from this, the reason I had not switched my vote to ProHawk yet despite the slot being in my scum reads is because I was waiting for more to see if there were any redeeming posts. Also, I noticed he mentioned he had "privileged information", that does...not sound like something that a townie would have, unless they are a PR.

VOTE: ProHawk
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I think by 'privileged information' Pr0 was talking about knowing Ice was Town whereas Transcend at the time didn't, but yes the wording also pinged me a bit also.

Kelbris, thoughts on Deas and UCV?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

here is a few things that stand out in Mutant's ISO

In post 141, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Elmo TeH AzN

I’m also currently willing to vote for havingfitz if the wagon was to switch to him. Both of these players strike me as scummy but as Elmo currently has a bigger wagon on them, and I just see them as generally less useful for the town, that is where my vote lies.
In post 279, mutantdevle wrote:I'm getting bored. Why isn't Elmo dead yet? :3
what the hell. like. So you didn't show much reasoning for voting Elmo before then you give him a vote

He had the bigger wagon?!?! OPEN SCUMMING. like hell. that is super scummy

He stops scum hunting (not that he was before), then complains about the day not ending. wow.
-trying to get the day over faster
-trying to lower the amount of scum hunting.

In post 348, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 344, sheepsaysmeep wrote:give the replacement a chance to claim...
This is a bad idea for 2 reasons.

The only thing that would prevent most of us from lynching the spot would be if the replacement role claimed as a power role. That is bad as it would result in a counterclaim exposing one of our PRs. If Elmo was a PR they would have role claimed by now. Overall, it would just be unfair on the replacement or do damage to the town.

Second of all, it's impossible for us to know if Elmo genuinely doesn't want to play anymore or this is the tactic the scum have come up with. Giving the replacement a chance is exactly what the mafia would want us to do to steer us off the scent of Elmo's slot being scum or delay the game as much as possible.

@Elmo if you genuinely don't want to play then vote for yourself. You would no longer have to commit to the game and it would prevent time being wasted on finding a replacement.
so you risk lynching a PR when he can claim and give the town a chance to get an actual scum and not a PR. Plus town PRs will often try to last as long as they can without claiming. even if the spot light is on them. Generally, you claim PR when you get down to L-1 and someone says they will hammer you.

2. so you shouldn't give him a chance to play better? how would that help town. That makes no since. that only helps scum because i have been scum in a game of replacements. it makes everything harder. it would be easier to just lynch the replacment before they could do anything different than the person before them.
In post 801, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: boring

Sorry :/
In post 908, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Transcend
naked votes????????
In post 854, mutantdevle wrote:Ugh fine. But you guys better be right about this because I really don't see it. I feel like that regardless of what IceGuy flips people are still going to be after boring tomorrow.

VOTE: IceGuy

Also @Yuria, please just get damn lucky and jail the exact person who tries to shoot you.
casually jumps on biggest wagon even though he has no reason to, plus he had not shown any signs of scum reading him, then says we should go after boring tomorrow.

I also noticed this was a lolhammer! hey Luca. remember Newbie 1826 Basketball where i was scum and i

1. lolhammered (twice)
In post 319, UC Voyager wrote:due to a lack of defense on his case, i agree to hammer assemble

VOTE: assemble

this isn't because i wont be active. this is because he just wont post and try to defend his case. he is just trying to lay back and hope no one finishes him. we know he has been online, but yet he doesn't post when all this pressure is on him?????we have given him to many warnings...
2. tried to guide another misslynch while lolhammering
In post 938, UC Voyager wrote:What the hell

If she flips town, I really want everyone to consider blackvoid. Who I have been trying to get lynched. I am convinced CT is scum now.
VOTE: cheekyTeeky
Please flip scum
3.notice the similar wording.
In post 854, mutantdevle wrote:
Ugh fine
. But
you guys better be right
about this because I really don't see it. I feel like that regardless of what
IceGuy flips people are still going to be after boring
tomorrow.

VOTE: IceGuy

Also @Yuria, please just get damn lucky and jail the exact person who tries to shoot you.
In post 938, UC Voyager wrote:
What the hell

If she flips town,
I really want everyone to consider blackvoid
. Who I have been trying to get lynched. I am convinced CT is scum now.
VOTE: cheekyTeeky
Please flip scum
green:
saying somthing like fine/whatever/what the hell/why not
blue:
trying to be hopeful for the payer to flip scum.
red:
trying to guide the next misslynch. he didnt say he wanted to, but I feel like he is trying to give everyone else the midset that boring should be lynched tomorrow.

I have been thinking about mutant being scum for a while, and currently, he is actually starting to look similar to me in the one noobie game where i was scum!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So why the switch from Deas? Are you no longer scumreading Deas or do you just think Mutant is more likely to be scum?

Where do you stand on Transcend right now?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Just realised you're actually still voting Deas.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1082, Luca Blight wrote:So why the switch from Deas? Are you no longer scumreading Deas or do you just think Mutant is more likely to be scum?

im not sure what to think of transcend. He is super scummy, but that isn't unusual for him
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1083, Luca Blight wrote:Just realised you're actually still voting Deas.
yea because he is my other scum read, but im close to voting mutant
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 1074, boring wrote:
In post 1064, Fishythefish wrote: Why do people think ProHawk is scum? That slot's been a whole lot of nothing AFAIC.
I think the high drop-out rate, especially with this being a relatively hostile game, is a mechanical tell. Also, no one's done anything pro-town with the slot. I don't really even see attempts. It leads me to assume that the scum buddies are just asking them to stall and go down easy, as the slot is close to unsalvageable.

Now, the LUV/Viomi/Rem/ProHawk slot isn't my first choice for lynch today. It's still feasible that it's just a cursed VT slot. More significantly, if we can't find someone more prominently scummy to agree on by the end of the day, we're in trouble anyway.

But still, the fact that no one has gone all opportunistic on the slot, despite Transcend pushing for it, and me and Luca verbally supporting it, makes me think scum are avoiding it for a reason.
I don't think a high drop-out rate is a scumtell; if anything the opposite. Do you really think scum would ever tell a slot like that to stall and go down easy?? They'd be crying out for ProHawk to actually do something; a contentless slot is easily salvageable.

I agree that the ProHawk slot isn't a terrible lynch, but right now I think it would be a bad idea to settle for it.

(Not yet thought about UC's case on mutant; this is just a quick post)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I don't like Pr0's - it feels unnatural after scumreading the likes of Fitz and Kelbris to suddenly vote Transcend for being anti-town - he doesn't sound at all convinced in his post that Transcend is actually scum.

This whole '
he can't make it to endgame
' thing just feels like an easy cop-out that scum would use for pressing an easy lynch. How about we lynch who we actually believe is most likely to flip scum, not just who has been most anti-town?

Right now my list of
'Most likely to flip scum'
is as follows: (in no particular order)

UCV
Kelbris
Fitz
Pr0Hawk
Deas
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

@UCV, in the future is it at all possible that when you ISO someone and you find a suspicious post, you jump to it in the thread and read it in context? Because you sure as hell aren’t doing that.

I’ll answer both your’s and Luca’s concerns when I’m not on phone. Though I feel answering UCV is a little pointless since they ignore half of what I say anyway.

Oh and UCV, answer the damn questions you’ve been asked!
I mostly just lurk now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

Busy day today, but I should be good for tomorrow.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 1073, boring wrote:
In post 1070, Ectomancer wrote:
In post 1068, mutantdevle wrote:
Yuria

Ectomancer - Probably one of the people I blame most for the loss of IceGuy. That being said, since Ecto was putting pressure on Ice from the RVS period, I don't think they are scum. I'm okay with Ecto's current stance of not placing votes on people they think are scum unless it is a hammer vote; perhaps they are doing this in acknowledgement of their mistake with IceGuy? In post 547 they said the following: "If IceGuy flips scum, boring is town and Yuria is scum." Since we know that both IceGuy and Yuria are town, perhaps their read on boring is also opposite to what they suggested here? In conclusion, I'm leaning town for Ectomancer but I do not trust them.
You've just shaken my confidence. Not enough to slide my needle on Boring, but it was a cold splash of water in the face. There were 3 points to that statement and 2 of them being wrong just made me that much more certain that the 3rd point (Boring is town) was correct.
I've read this like 3 times, and I'm still not sure what you're saying. I know the statement wasn't directed to me, but it seems like you've made a conclusion, and I can't tell what it is.
Umm, more like I came to an opposite conclusion. I had you down as town. But Mutant rightly pointed out that the reason for that conclusion was flawed. You see my statement said that if Ice were scum, Yuria would be scum and you would be town. But Ice flipped town and so did Yuria. So logically if you switch the signs on the equation (+ = town and - = scum) then a - Ice becomes a + Ice, a - Yuria becomes a + Yuria, and a + Boring becomes a - Boring. The equation says that you are scum.

But my ego decided that would be me being 100% wrong. It didn't like that. So even though it really is pretty much a logical equation statement my brain decided that it could appease my ego by simply ignoring that it was an equation and consider it as 3 separate parts. So now when Ice and Yuria flip opposite we still have one more shot at being right with Boring! I could be right .333 and that's a Major League Baseball winning hit percentage right there! And, wait for it. Since I was wrong twice that makes it even MORE likely that I am right about Boring! How about that Ego?? High five!!

Okay, so why am I not stoked and voting Boring now? Well I would if that equation were to come along with a proof. But it doesn't and I know it doesn't because I wrote it. That means I know that it isn't even an equation. It is bravado and tissue paper wrapped around what is mostly low to mid grade shit talk.

That's why I'm sitting over here. So I can see things like that and recognize it for what it is. It is at least maybe one positive indication that I can get better at this.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1084, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 1082, Luca Blight wrote:So why the switch from Deas? Are you no longer scumreading Deas or do you just think Mutant is more likely to be scum?

im not sure what to think of transcend. He is super scummy, but that isn't unusual for him
You said he was 'obvscum' not long ago - what changed?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:12 am

Post by davesaz »

Vote Count 2.5

Transcend(3) - mutantdevle, havingfitz, ProHawk
DeasVail(2) - boring, UC Voyager
ProHawk(2) - Transcend, kelbris
UC Voyager(2) - Fishythefish, Luca Blight
Ectomancer(1) - DeasVail

not voting (1) - Ectomancer

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch
(expired on 2017-11-28 17:00:00)

Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@Boring
@Mutant
@Transcend

How do you feel about switching to UCV?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 am

Post by ProHawk »

I'm not replacing out and I'll be here.
In post 1087, Luca Blight wrote:I don't like Pr0's 1054 - it feels unnatural after scumreading the likes of Fitz and Kelbris to suddenly vote Transcend for being anti-town - he doesn't sound at all convinced in his post that Transcend is actually scum.
I've heard this before, and you should know better. I'm really not convinced that Transcend is scum, but you should feel bad for giving him a pass D1. Your post right after that shit went down was absolute garbage. The fact that he *could* be scum AND that scum would never night-kill him make him a strategic lynch in the least. Look, his gambit could have EASILY been planned and executed as scum with less risk than normal (it doesn't seem like hes really a player that cares about risk anyway, in fact probably revels in it)

You also fail to realize that I was making posts during my reading progression.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Luca Blight »

How's your reading progression going now, then? Give an overview of your current reads.

Regarding Transcend, I wasn't scumreading him prior to the 'gambit', nor do I think it is something scum are likely to do on D1 except possibly as a last resort, so I'm not Ok with him just being policy-lynched right off the bat as some seem to wish. If there are no other good lynch candidates then fine, lynch him, but there are a few I'd like to see dead before him.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1093, Luca Blight wrote:
@Boring
@Mutant
@Transcend

How do you feel about switching to UCV?
VOTE: UC Voyager

I think that makes my feelings clear. I'm holding off on Transcend for now. If there are 2 kills tonight then he is the next person I'd like to see lynched.
In post 1072, boring wrote:Also, if we had a vig, we'd have had two kills N1. With the threat of being killed or lynched before being useful to town, who's going to holster N1? Even assuming the vig had no strong scum reads, with the disruption Transcend caused, the wildcard/information of my slot, and the benefit of killing off questionable lurkers like Rem, who would struggle to pick a target?
You forget that we had a JK. It is entirely possible that Yuria would have blocked the Vig from performing a kill. Besides, I don't think I'd kill night 1 as a vig. If you feel like there's not going to be a wagon on you anytime soon and you don't feel like you are sticking out too much as town then I'd say don't risk such a misinformed kill. That's why lurkers typically make the best vigilantes.
I mostly just lurk now.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Transcend »

I don't feel uc

The only thing i feel is a burning hatred for CenturyLink
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1095, Luca Blight wrote:How's your reading progression going now, then? Give an overview of your current reads.

Regarding Transcend, I wasn't scumreading him prior to the 'gambit', nor do I think it is something scum are likely to do on D1 except possibly as a last resort, so I'm not Ok with him just being policy-lynched right off the bat as some seem to wish. If there are no other good lynch candidates then fine, lynch him, but there are a few I'd like to see dead before him.
Its almost like you don't even care that he got a PR outed and killed and lived to tell the tale... :igmeou:
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 am

Post by ProHawk »

Oh, and unless I'm blind, he was about to be lynched, so yes it was as a last resort.

Return to “Completed Open Games”