cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Also for my idea final three, it would be Impede, CoA, and Comm, lynching Impede
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1302, cytheflyguy wrote:Also for my idea final three, it would be Impede, CoA, and Comm, lynching Impede
I retract this.
In post 1295, Luca Blight wrote:1) I was referring to the fact people have been calling me such things as 'confirmed town' and 'almost confirmed town' this game.

2) Why should I want to showcase how Town I am? That would only be the case if I was scum, which I'm not. And it isn't a flawed argument - it's a natural inclination to suspect people who suspect you, especially when you are in a strong position in the Town in such a game as this.

3) The reason I played this way on D2 is because there were still three scum at large - easily enough to misguide any lynch. I knew I could only trust myself, and everyone ele could only trust me, therefore I should the the one to decide that particular lynch. In the end I didn't want a Laser lynch but couldn't persuade the others to jump off, so my influence ultimately failed anyway.

4) This is something everyone does to some degree. If it was me controlling the lynch then I would demand everyone vote one particular player, but instead I narrow down a list of three good lynch choices and suggest people vote one of them. This is no different from anyone else suggesting who they want lynched. I've actually been following the likes of Comm and Impede since Lucky's lynch.

5) It would be a silly strategy to lynch my three scumbuddies within the first four lynches of the game and expect to survive mislynch after mislynch without being suspected. Comm, who I townread, has already stated if the game goes to MYLO he will set out to lynch me. Everyone else in the game also seems pretty cool with my lynch at some point, so don't you see as scum I'd be basically setting myself up for the loss here?

6) My point stands. Lining up Athena's lynch after saying you don't understand why people are scumreading her seems like a calculated move.
I wanted to wait a bit to respond to this but point 4 and 5 makes sense. A lot of things you do bother me but I need to be able to separate them. I now null/town read you. I also don't like not having a scum read at this point and no one else pings me like you did. And yes I will stand by this? After you, she's my closest thing to a scum read at null-ish. I'm fine with eventually compromising with her. Like this is what we've been doing all game. It's about taking out those who seem the most suspicious. If you're no longer my most suspicious person, then she'd be next. Hell, you wanted to lynch her and then changed your mind minutes later without expanding on it. If you're saying I'm calculated then you should look in the mirror. I'm not even saying to lynch her now, but that I'd be supportive of it after a discussion.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Impede »

Meh. I'm back to scumleaning Athena after an ISO dive.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Impede »

UNVOTE:

Thinking about moving this to Athena.

All of her arguments are with town with a few exceptions. There are a few interactions with scum that feel forced, almost like someone said "hey guys don't forget to interact in thread". The only missing puzzle piece is where the grand master plan is. Need to ISO our flipped scum.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Impede »

In post 614, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 587, Zulfy wrote:hey what manner was that?
Not voting him.
Did you elaborate this point?
No, nobody seemed to take notice of it.
Regarding those last two replies:
While the punett square thing was odd that's not the sole contribution of Zaraki, don't know why you'd generalize like that.
At the time it was the most prevalent part of his ISO and the only thing I would think could be called gamesolving.
And that LAMIST accusation seems hollow. Are you sure you just don't have a problem with Mozamis's attitude?
I had quite obviously already stated reads, opinions and analyses at that point. Asking for them like that seemed like an attempt to look busy moreso than an actual request for information.
In post 615, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 592, mozamis wrote: Cults last few posts once again post very littel in content really, not any reads, just arguing and point scoring.
This is totally wrong and I'm no longer going to sit quiet while I get accused of this. The last
fifteen
or so posts have all been completely relevant game content - me asking Luca about his read on me, talking about the likelihood of bussing UCV, talking about Luca's "embargo", so on and so on. You're just attempting to discredit me - anyone actually reading my posts can clearly see that they're not devoid of content. People should take note of this - scum can't kill off the voices they don't want to hear but if they can silence them or discredit them then the effect is the same.
In post 596, mozamis wrote:
In post 573, CultOfAthena wrote:So do the reasons that you think I'm scum go beyond my relation to the UC Voyager lynch?
THIS IS A SCUM POST.
Scum are always desperate to know WHY people are voting for them, so they can "refute" the point. Town often dont really care why people are vitng for them, or will just tell the other person to STFU etc
Don't project your own playstyle onto me, and don't be so ignorant as to believe that townies could never play in the manner in which I do. The reason I ask people why they're scumreading me is to examine their
motivations
, the most reliable indicator of alignment that I've found outside of a cop investigation. It also has the effect of checking their consistency. Town will change their reads because their mind has been changed by something, scum will change their reads as convenient to them.
In post 597, mozamis wrote:i also several times have mentioned the fact that i thought Impede may have busssed.
Yes, there's one person you think may have bussed - the rest of your readslist matches up so closely with the UCV wagon such that that point doesn't really mean anything. If you really are town here, are you
seriously
not more suspicious of the people on the wagon than off? That's the first rule of vote count analysis: when scum is lynched day one, look on the wagon. Especially in a nightless setup where scum need all the town cred they can get and especially when that scum lynched is UC Voyager, the easiest lynch there is and the slot who's probably the least likely to make endgame, I'm going to think that scum bussed hard. I honestly wouldn't be surprised this game if all three remaining scum were on the wagon.
Check out these back-to-back posts. Super short with Zulfy, almost like "I guess I have to make this look good", versus the long drawn out responses to Moz. Possibly NAI, but it agrees with my theory.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 8.39

Luca Blight(1)
~ cytheflyguy

Not Voting (4): CommKnight, Luca Blight, CultOfAthena, Impede

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 8 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-22 23:35:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 54 calls in 21 seconds. With an average of 0.393277777777778 seconds per call.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Will probably lynch Impede today but feeling lazy to make a case atm.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1306, Impede wrote:Check out these back-to-back posts. Super short with Zulfy, almost like "I guess I have to make this look good", versus the long drawn out responses to Moz. Possibly NAI, but it agrees with my theory.
Compare Zulfy's quote with Mozamis' quotes: Zulfy asked yes/no questions while Mozamis accused me of things patently not true. Obviously one invites more comment than the other. By the way, if you're saying "Possibly NAI but it agrees with my theory" to yourself, you should take a step back for a moment to think about things.
Impede wrote:UNVOTE:

Thinking about moving this to Athena.

All of her arguments are with town with a few exceptions
. There are a few interactions with scum that feel forced, almost like someone said "hey guys don't forget to interact in thread". The only missing puzzle piece is where the grand master plan is. Need to ISO our flipped scum.
Why would that lead you to vote me over everyone else? Are you saying that everyone else is a townread to you?

I'll try to make town/scum cases for everyone soon. Having some access issues at the moment.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Basically I feel Impede is scum due to his early interactions with UCV (which I found suspicious at the time) and by POE which I talked about earlier which narrows it down to him and Cy.

Cy's
'lynch me'
thing seems more genuine than Impede's attempt at the same, so that's who I want lynched today.

VOTE: Impede
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Impede »

I'll flip green (sorry). But again, don't know if I can be a super active participant in this game this week, so probably better to get it out of the way now.

CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:53 am

Post by CommKnight »

VOTE: Cy
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Impede »

In post 843, Zulfy wrote:Nah nah we're not gonna lynch athena. I'd rather get lynched than Athena.

This might not inspire much confidence but one has to be honest: I'm not sure who died. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm drunk. But it was probably LaserGuy and Athena's probably gonna get attacked now by probable scum and I'm probably gonna try to stop it.

While we're on the probablys, Luca is probably town and Sesq is probably scum, and a jerk but that's not important.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Impede »

Nvm, Athena is town again.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Impede »

Her Lucky interactions feel too genuine imo.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Impede »

I can't shake the feeling that Luca, Comm, and Athena are town. I suppose there's a chance scum is lurking in there, but idk... it doesn't check out. Coin flip territory imo. Well played if any of you are scum.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1311, Impede wrote:I'll flip green (sorry). But again, don't know if I can be a super active participant in this game this week, so probably better to get it out of the way now.

This is not good to vote yourself now. Regardless of who the vote is today we still should make a plan for the next two days if you flip green. I personally still slight town read you but as now the only two people I trust are Luca and Comm I'll be okay hammering down the line.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:12 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Btw cy, I did expand on why I changed my mind on Athena.

I still think Athena could be scum but I want to lynch either cy or Impede today. I'll go with Comm's choice for now.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: cy
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Fair. I'm fine with being lynched today as it would be better to not have these suspicions during final 4 or 3. My reads have also been pretty shit all game so I can see why I'm on the chopping block.

I'm not giving up, mind you. I just am at a loss of what to push before I die...
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Impede »

Ooook then. Pretty sure I'm up tomorrow if this flips green, and MYLO will be quite interesting.
VOTE: Cy
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 8.38

cytheflyguy(3)
~ CommKnight, Luca Blight, Impede
-- HAMMER
Luca Blight(1)
~ cytheflyguy

Not Voting (1): CultOfAthena

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 8 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-22 23:35:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 54 calls in 20 seconds. With an average of 0.382666666666667 seconds per call.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Cytheflyguy was a
Mafia Goon

The game is over! Well played everyone. Huge thanks to cy for sticking it out!

Well played all. Locking the dead thread and will do accesses late tonight/early tomorrow when not at work.

Mafia has 24 hours to object to the PT going public and/or ask for redactions if any.

Good game all!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 am

Post by UC Voyager »

You. As I said in dead topic. If they didn't lynch cy today, scum would have won.

Cy is still a fucking bad ass hands down.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Lucky2u »

No objection on mafia thread
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Well done Town!

Congrats to cy for playing a such a solid game under very difficult circumstances.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:10 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

That....was so tense. I don't even know how I got so far??? I kinda choked today bc I didn't know how to throw Impede under the bus after saying I townread him.

But yeah, thanks everybody haha

Return to “Completed Open Games”