Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Good job Cy! You did a great job making it that far.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:19 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1324, Lucky2u wrote:No objection on mafia thread
Same here
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:28 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

I also made the mistake of not voting for Impede when the opportunity presented itself. I put too much on the hopes that it'd make me look town. Ugh..I was so close and could have pull clutch. :/
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:15 am

Post by UC Voyager »

No objections to scum thread
so...i don't get enough sleep
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Well... I wouldn't say he'd win because I had Cult locked at town with only Luca under suspicion. So he'd have to get my mislynched in a MYLO situation which I don't think would happen.

But yeah, this game was a pretty solid one. I think scum of future games need to be more willing to bus because they have ZERO kill abilities, so they need to be in a hard town-bloc or they lose.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Impede »

Good game guys. It's games like this that make me feel half-decent about my reading ability.

Also - Cy is a G.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by Impede »

Also, it's not very towny, but the self-vote was a bit of a gambit lol. Was hoping that y'all would see that scum would probably never self-vote to L-1. Whew...
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1326, cytheflyguy wrote:That....was so tense. I don't even know how I got so far??? I kinda choked today bc I didn't know how to throw Impede under the bus after saying I townread him.

But yeah, thanks everybody haha
Figured I'd nail you down after townreading the remaining players. If you were town, I literally would have gotten a quarter out and flipped it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Good game.

I agree cy did well, although we should have nailed him earlier really.

@Impede
- Your self-vote came across more as a last desperate attempt at wifom from scum. I always attribute self-voting to scum, unless there's a good reason to think otherwise.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1331, CommKnight wrote:Well... I wouldn't say he'd win because I had Cult locked at town with only Luca under suspicion. So he'd have to get my mislynched in a MYLO situation which I don't think would happen.

But yeah, this game was a pretty solid one. I think scum of future games need to be more willing to bus because they have ZERO kill abilities, so they need to be in a hard town-bloc or they lose.
Fair. But hey, at least I could have made it to LyLo
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1335, Luca Blight wrote:Good game.

Hindsight is 20/20 :lol:
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

Good game guys. Really nice job to cy, I never expected it.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 1323, UC Voyager wrote:Cy is still a fucking bad ass hands down.
he played great, reall yput the effort in.
i mean he was in my lynch pool all game...
until he fooled me with is "lynch me, i dont care stuff".
But it shows that scum do love to talk thoery bs.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by mozamis »

anyway, GO TOWN, we all did well the end :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Dang, sorry to have missed the grand finale. Well played to cy – I could definitely see a scenario where I would end up succumbing to paranoia and lynching Comm in a lylo with the three of us. Good game to everyone, scum and town.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Luca – I'm not sure what it is about you that always gets me so paranoid. Sorry about that this game.

Laser – Nice performance. One of my main regrets this game is not defending you more.
In post 1331, CommKnight wrote:But yeah, this game was a pretty solid one. I think scum of future games need to be more willing to bus because they have ZERO kill abilities, so they need to be in a hard town-bloc or they lose.
Definitely agreeing here, and perhaps this contributed to my paranoia on Luca. What I would see as one of the best strategies scum could undertake would be exactly what went on with UCV. Perhaps it's not game winning by itself as shown by the number of people willing to lynch Luca by the end, but it would certainly put scum ahead.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Well, if both Luca and I were scum together, I think town would've been 100% screwed. Because we were pretty much the hardest town duo bloc going with only the idea that scum would pull that trick had us looking at each other.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Impede »

Athena: Not sure why you never made it into the townblock lol. After I read your ISO it became pretty clear you were most likely town. Maybe because you were mostly a dissenting voice. Well played overall though. Sorry for flip flopping on you so much haha.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1335, Luca Blight wrote:Good game.

@Impede
- Your self-vote came across more as a last desperate attempt at wifom from scum. I always attribute self-voting to scum, unless there's a good reason to think otherwise.
Yeah I was worried about that too. Good to know. I didn’t really like doing it, but it seemed like an OK plan at the time
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by CommKnight »

I just want to compile some of the posts I made this game that now with 20/20 vision were good. ;)
In post 100, CommKnight wrote:
In post 81, Sesq wrote: and comm just, does this a lot. regardless of alignment.
^ Town is fucked when I'm scum. Scum is fucked when I'm town. Town's difficulty is always reading me right. They find me scummy when I'm not and not when I am. Which is pretty regular for anyone who looks into my history.

Also I can be a dick in games. Luca is right on that. I'm very disconnected from your feelings or complaints. I do my own stuff and get results because I'm not here to impress anyone. I'm here to test my analytical ability.

Regardless of my early interactions, it is turning interesting. There appears to be one side coming to my defense and one side constantly trying to attack my play as scummy. The REAL question is, which side is doing their end for the right reasons?
I'm more inclined to believe Luca, Cult
and well... not Sesq yet, Sesq got through my fingers one game. Both of the others are probable town. There's no reason for scum to defend me at this point unless they think they can manipulate me later on. However, most players here haven't had experience with me, so it's strongly likely the scum team consists of people not use to my play.

Want to bet against it? I'll take bids until the first lynch is flipped.

VOTE: Lucky -
Of the 3 people voting me, he's the one falling apart in the logic department.
I think between Sesq's and Luca's questions, I see him not quite able to keep a consistency.

Also... it's ironic. Voting me for an invalid reason for my initial read and calling it "invalid". Irony is scummary.

I'm kinda chuckling because I can actually see Cy flipping town and scum hanging onto him trying to butter him up to keep him on their side. :lol: :lol: :lol:
In post 235, CommKnight wrote:{Luca, Cult, Sesq}
{cy, UC}
{Zaraki, Impede, Laser}
{Lucky, moza, Zulfy}

Getting a better feel of people now and moza and Lucky are definitely on the bottom right now. Luca, Cult and Sesq are off the table for today (though Sesq is definitely being looked at more in future days), Cy and UC are more town leans and the rest are more meh. Zulfy is more of an educated gut feel.

People should vote Lucky.
^ This is funny, Post 235, I had 2 scum in Town leans and 2 scum in Scum reads. But I didn't let scum into my firm town bloc here.
In post 610, CommKnight wrote:I disagree with the Cult lynch, but I am interested in the flip either way. If I'm wrong, it'd clear up a lot of slots I'm unsure about.
But if I'm right of Cult being town, then it'd bring them to more question.

Right now I'm fine with either Impede or Lucky. Both feel scummy as fuck.
In post 940, CommKnight wrote:
Well I'm good with lynching anyone beside myself, Cult or Luca
. I'm pretty certain if I keep this solid 3-town read, we can afford mislynches until we're right.

No one seems to get the point I make with this. Scum can't nightkill. Meaning the most townread people can be veto'd to survive till LYLO and give us a chance to power-lynch scummy people until all scum are finally dead.
In post 961, CommKnight wrote:So I've decided the lynches I'm pushing.

Lucky -> Cy

One today, one tomorrow, one or both are scum. Let's do this!
^ Nearly had 2 scum lined up right here. Haha.
In post 1112, CommKnight wrote:I'm fine with myself, Impede, Luca and Cult being final 4 if we're wrong about everyone else.
^ Kept Cult in Town Circle and Cy out of it.
In post 1296, CommKnight wrote:
My preference of final 3: Myself, Cult, and Luca with Luca being lynched if we're still playing at that point.

However, I'll even up my anti. I'll even accept being lynched before MYLO if you're that paranoid of me being scum playing you. But if I'm alive at MYLO and Luca is also alive, I'm lynching him straight up. I also think any remaining town should agree to that. But till then, anyone else can be on the chopping block and it gives Luca a chance to do his best scum-hunting. So he has to pick two people to take with him to MYLO and accept that if he hasn't found scum by then, he's being lynched. It's sorta like town insurance for him to not be scum tricking us and for him to do his best to lynch scum.

Anyone disagree with what I'm saying? This game is pretty much in the bag, we only need one more scummy and we can choose who we take to final 3 and who gets lynched in final 3.

I'm gonna be in and out the rest of the night. Gotta check on some things on-site and play a bit tonight now with my last exam over and a couple days off work. But tomorrow (real life day) I'll be making a town/scum case for each remaining player just because I think it's valuable to begin thinking about the chances and the fact is a majority of us ARE town, so if we're mass-townreading someone, perhaps we should bring them to MYLO. But if we're all pretty much scumreading 1 person, then that person needs to obviously go because of that.

Anyway, back in a bit.
I had a solid TR on Cult all game with Luca next in line and later on Impede kinda joined those TR's. But lol, that 20/20 vision is great.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 96, MathBlade wrote:
Votecount 1.3

CommKnight(3)
~ cytheflyguy, Archwing, Lucky2u
Also... Archwing became Zulfy... so I had 3 scum on me early D1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'll just leave this here...
In post 480, Luca Blight wrote:It has to be said that Cy looks pretty bad here. The only time he really talked about UCV was in this defence of him here:
In post 324, cytheflyguy wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 303, Luca Blight wrote:
UC Voyager

, , , - A continuing theme of
'town should/shouldn't be doing this!'
. This is something UCV does when he is scum.

- Completely fake scumhunting. Looks contrived with one townread, one null read, one scum read, and no real reasoning for any of it.

, ,, , - Buddying me. As I explained before, he knows I know his meta well and that I tunnel on him once I catch on that he's scum, and he entered into this game with the plan of trying to appease me, no doubt about it.

, , - Fence-sitting. This is something I know he does as scum.

Asking if Impede's play is lurkscum; why can't he judge this for himself?

- non-committal and unexplained reads list where he gives scum leans but says he has no solid scum reads, but is apparently 'still hunting'.

- Responds to my vote on him for buddying with a further attempt at buddying, saying it's good I don't always consider those who side with me as being of the same alignment. He's also using emotion here to try and get me to change my mind.

Other than that, I have played with him many times now and can read this guy like a book. UCV is today's lynch - let's make it happen.

Unless anyone can give any good reason why we
shouldn't
lynch UCV today?
In post 313, Luca Blight wrote:Statistics are irrelevant - just because you draw scum one game doesn't mean you're less likely to in the next.

I made a lot of points not involving meta - you haven't addressed them.

I kept an open mind and tried to consider you might be Town, but I just strongly believe you are scum this game. Am I supposed to suppress that feeling in case you get annoyed?

No. Being scumread is part of the game. Deal with it.
Hmm...tbf you only referenced 4 posts that had nothing to do with metaing. These were all the points that had only one post to back up the claim.

The first one made me raise an eyebrow was "no real reasoning for any of it". I'm sorry, but...
In post 130, mozamis wrote:OK, so P.O.E time:

Town= Moz, Sesq, Lucca, Lucky, Zaraki, Comm

So scum in: archer, impede, cyber, cult, voyager, laser guy

thats four scum in 6 , good odds!

out of those 6, gun to head i would say scum team is: archer, impede, cult and voyager
In post 186, Impede wrote:Finally caught up. Here's where I'm at as far as reads. Not going to post a ton of rationale since I need to get back to work (on lunch right now), but most of it is in my previous posts from the past hour. Feel free to question anything in particular that doesn't jive and I'll explain.

Town
to
Null
to
Scum
:

Sesq, Moz

UCV*, Luca, Cy
----slight
Laser*, Comm
----leaning town
CoA*, Arch('s slot)*
----leaning scum
Lucky, Zaraki

*indicates a need for more content. Don't feel great about these reads.
In post 235, CommKnight wrote:{Luca, Cult, Sesq}
{cy, UC}
{Zaraki, Impede, Laser}
{Lucky, moza, Zulfy}

Getting a better feel of people now and moza and Lucky are definitely on the bottom right now. Luca, Cult and Sesq are off the table for today (though Sesq is definitely being looked at more in future days), Cy and UC are more town leans and the rest are more meh. Zulfy is more of an educated gut feel.

People should vote Lucky.
In post 254, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 252, Luca Blight wrote:Note for reference that Cy, having been widely townread early on, has done nothing since.
Fair :P

I'll be honest, I'm not too confident in my reads as of late so I wanted to wait things out for a bit.

However, I might as well post some reads just to be relevant again.

Town

Luca Blight
Impede
Laserguy
CultofAthena-Town/Null

Null

UC
Zulfy
Sesq

Scum

Lucky2u-Honestly putting him here
CommKnight
mozamis

I feel like a sheep since this is popular consensus. I work better when there's something I want to contradict.
Including myself and excluding UVC, there are four other people who gave little/literally no reasoning for their reads. I feel that UVC's meta has blinded you in the order of who you want to lynch, but these should be addressed as well down the line if we're reasoning that poor reads=a larger likelihood of being scum or not.

Obviously, I don't have the same meta experience as you do (well, none of which I'm allowed to speak of), but you are the only one who has had experience with him out of all of us, as far as I know. I cannot truely take you at your word regarding the meta. Your three posts that I have not addressed do hold some water, but I interpreted them differently. I saw it as more unsure and testing waters more than anything else. I am slightly convinced, but I don't want him lynched just yet. With how fast votes are going for him, for my best interest in using time wisely, I will abstain for now.
And it came at a very telling time - just after a few had joined me in voting UCV (he was L-3 at the time), so as scum he would have a motive here in trying to stem the flow.

The fact he has also generally been lurking throughout but suddenly popped up to make that defence makes it stand out all the more.

FOS cytheflyguy
Lucky was actually the most convincing scum imo. I only started suspecting him once I looked through his meta and saw he played similarly in his scum games.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Hahaha, check like the first 5 pages. My reaction test is what got the scum all on me. Apparently they tried to white-knight the 6 townies. HAHAHAHAHA. I want to see scum chat.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1344, Impede wrote:Athena: Not sure why you never made it into the townblock lol. After I read your ISO it became pretty clear you were most likely town. Maybe because you were mostly a dissenting voice. Well played overall though. Sorry for flip flopping on you so much haha.
No worries. Sorry for calling your reads fake.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Impede »

Yeah. It's actually surprising how solid the reads were in this game. Excellent work guys. The only scum I didn't have at the top of any of my lynch lists was UCV.

Return to “Completed Open Games”