Open 704: Switch (Game Over)

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #775  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Oh, yeah, and if you guys are itching for another open (which I think is super balanced and cool), Stack The Deck is going into signups when Llama gets back on!

And LOL at momo, I spent like a page in the deadthread trying to figure out who he was.

@Almost50: I'm extremely curious about your switch choices. I assume you figured "mafia will switch off cop/doc, and I'll switch cop on because I'm immune"? Why no kill N0? Were you trying to avoid hitting mafia? (if so, you played literally optimally as SK every day, congrats)

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #776  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Well, my action on N2 could have messed the game a little. I wouldn't have figured Elmo for being Mafia tbh. :lol:

Sauce gave me a headache alright, but I'm glad nobody listened to him.

:lol: @fitz shooting the Doctor of all players on N0. Man, I was a SERIAL KILLER and still opted not shoot anyone who signed up to play before they even posted. :good:

In post 773, Bins wrote:A50 also fooled me!


Consider it payback for a previous time (or maybe two??) :lol:

@Mathdino: A50 didn't even shoot on N0/N2 though. I only killed 2 people in 4 nights. Non-consecutive kills for the SK? Sure, but then it would be very MAFIA-sided if you don't lynch Mafia on D1. I'd say it's more swingy than unfair.

P-edit: Yes, I figured they'd definitely switch Cop/Doc off and most probably leave the Vig on. I switched the Cop back on and got lucky (I wanted the Cop to catch Mafia, but the chances were low).

As for the No Kill on N0, it wasn't a tactical choice at all, but rather an ethical one. I PM'd the mod stating I would not be so evil as to shoot someone before they even posted once in the game. Equinoxx can confirm that was my stated reason at will.
Records: W/L
Town: 18/15, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 games successfully

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #777  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 pm

In post 775, Mathdino wrote:Oh, yeah, and if you guys are itching for another open (which I think is super balanced and cool), Stack The Deck is going into signups when Llama gets back on!


I think I pre-in'd there, did I not?
Records: W/L
Town: 18/15, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 games successfully

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #778  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 pm

I mean, if not then please pre-in me already
Records: W/L
Town: 18/15, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 games successfully

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #779  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:59 pm

You could've been ethically utilitarian by shooting Not_Mafia, thus creating an enjoyable game experience for us all.

Sauce's arguments for you being evil were shit. There were better reasons, but SK hunting is dumb and almost impossible until like the end. I had you scumread from the deadthread because you were being an idiot with regards to mutant, who was incredibly obvtown. Your perspective should've been fitz (if not vig) and then Elmo mafia and N_M SK for sure.

Interestingly, the fact that they left vig on should've immediately implied N_M wasn't mafia, because of fucking course he's gonna get vigged otherwise.

Town has only ever won this setup when SK shoots mafia N0. N0 killing should honestly be banned. Nightstart is horrible for game enjoyment. Bins should probably be able to confirm that.
You're right it's swingy. But high chance is that both kills on N0 are town, which makes a town win basically impossible as long as the SK knows how to not kill mafia.

Edit: You did! 3 pre-ins and I'm up against a multiball setup so it should start relatively quickly (for the Open queue at least).

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #780  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm

In post 779, Mathdino wrote:Interestingly, the fact that they left vig on should've immediately implied N_M wasn't mafia, because of fucking course he's gonna get vigged otherwise.


That's a false assumption that has been proven wrong in this very game. fitz had open shots on all 4 nights (even the one I tried to switch him off didn't count bc I sent didn't send a copy to co-mod). So, 3 shots and one holster by fitz' own choice. I wouldn't have shot N_M either (not as SK and certainly not if I rolled Vig).
Records: W/L
Town: 18/15, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 games successfully

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #781  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Nice win/lose record. You're 50+ in all categories.

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #782  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 pm

EBWOP: percent

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #783  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 pm

LOL... yeah. I won as SK and lost as Martyr (failed to get myself NK'd for 4 successive nights, and it was multi-ball (2 Mafia teams) + Vig, and I could either be shot in the old fashioned way or by visiting a killing role who was performing a kill on that night). :lol:
Records: W/L
Town: 18/15, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 games successfully

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #784  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 pm

In post 783, Almost50 wrote:LOL... yeah. I won as SK and lost as Martyr (failed to get myself NK'd for 4 successive nights, and it was multi-ball (2 Mafia teams) + Vig, and I could either be shot in the old fashioned way or by visiting a killing role who was performing a kill on that night). :lol:

I'm pretty sure that to do this you just claim vig.

Unless it's Open in which case that's a Martyrclaim.

Bins
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 22, 2014
Location: in vivo
Pronoun: She

Post Post #785  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm

In post 776, Almost50 wrote:fitz shooting the Doctor of all players on N0. Man, I was a SERIAL KILLER and still opted not shoot anyone who signed up to play before they even posted.

omg this is so cute
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #786  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 pm

ALSO the setup is definitely better termed "swingy dependent on the first night".

Cuz if SK chooses vig/cop immunity and reverses the cop
Mafia shoots SK
Vig policy shoots mafia
SK policy shoots mafia
Cop guilties the last mafia

All scum are dead on Day 1.

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #787  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am

Someone throw me an authorization to read the scum thread.

Elmo TeH AzN
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2011
Location: Laying With Watatsumi
Pronoun: She

Post Post #788  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:20 am

Welp odds are I shouldn't have shot sauce....
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #789  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Had any townie other than N_M (or possible sauce?) made it to day 4 with me I think we would have won the game. If they weren't already town reading me, I'm pretty sure I could convince them that Almost was scum.


Reflecting on this post day 3 is what confirmed to me that Almost was the cop/vig immune SK:
In post 144, Almost50 wrote:Ok, guys. Fine. I get it. I'm going to be shot by the Mafia sooner than later and the doctor is already dead so I will accept my fate. Thank you.

Geez! It was never my intention to be the very top TR on each and every readlist. :facepalm:

After this, Almost became scummier. I had been assuming that he was doing this purposely to avoid being night killed. But on day 3 it just didn't feel right that Almost was acting scummy since we really needed everyone to be as town as possible to sort out the potentially MYLO situation.

It was evident that Almost desperately wanted to avoid being night killed. This only made sense if he was the SK who could be killed by the mafia. Sure, no one wants to be night killed. But I'm sure any townie would happily play with a high town read status and be night killed if it meant dying instead of a PR. I also felt that whole "I know who the vig is" claim was a setup to fake claim vig if needed in the hope people believed him over the counterclaim since he had been crumbing so much. Additionally, his pocketing of N_M clearly worked...

I'm sad town lost but I'm glad I was right about Almost down to the detail of what immunity he chose. GG though, this game was fun.
Mini Theme 2022: Trapped! has begun. PM me if you want to spectate.

I prioritise modding over playing games.

havingfitz
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: July 01, 2009
Location: Here....no, here...wait! There!
Pronoun: He

Post Post #790  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 pm

In post 789, mutantdevle wrote:Had any townie other than N_M (or possible sauce?) made it to day 4

:facepalm: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)
The shortest GTKAS thread ever!

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #791  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm

@mutant: If I had rolled VT in this game my play would not have been any different. Not even a tiny little bit.

However, that post was made bc I was surprised I got so strongly TR'd on a global scale, tbh. At one point I even thought I should've picked Mafia Kill immunity instead, bc pre-game it never occurred to me that I would be so town-looking. I specifically picked my immunity bc I didn't want to be caught by the COP, and it helped that the Vig would not have recognized me if they shot me bc they didn't know whether the switch was on or off.
Records: W/L
Town: 18/15, Mafia: 5/3, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 games successfully

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #792  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Do any of you want to team up for Team Mafia 2018 with me?

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #793  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Aren't you an alt?

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #794  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Nope

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #795  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 am

Signups start in (expired on 2018-01-13 12:00:00). Guess I'm gonna /in for the tiebreaker game then.

Am I the only one excluded from access to the mafia topic?

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #796  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:24 am

In post 770, Equinox wrote:Access to the mafia private topic will be granted only by permission of the respective users.

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #797  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:43 am

3 consecutive mafia lynches and not only does town lose but the mafia topic stays locked? Is there no justice on mafiascum?

Elmo TeH AzN
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 02, 2011
Location: Laying With Watatsumi
Pronoun: She

Post Post #798  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 am

Oh none of said it was alright. I dont mind
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA

Sauce
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2017

Post Post #799  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:14 pm

In post 0, Equinox wrote:Your Mafia game is acting weirdly, you say? Have you tried switching it off and then on again?

Players

Almost50 MafiaLord1945
Bins
Chip Butty
Elmo TeH AzN
Espeonage
havingfitz
Jodaxq
Lalendra
Mathdino
Maxous
mutantdevle
Not_Mafia
Raya36
Sauce

Odd, how the first 4 players turned out to be the sk and mafia.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games